PDA

View Full Version : ditch witch sk755

BrandonV
12-26-2012, 07:11 PM
I'm so mad no one noticed this before me! Also what yall think a used sk650 w/ 1200 hrs is worth?

Junior M
12-26-2012, 08:12 PM
Did you buy one yet? :laugh:
Posted via Mobile Device

Impact-Vector
12-26-2012, 09:51 PM
Depends on accessories. Prob $6-11k

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING
12-26-2012, 10:32 PM
Considering new with a bucket only last year 650 was selling for 21000
With 1200 hrs in good shape you are prob looking at 8-11k
They are a heck of a machine
Posted via Mobile Device

BrandonV
01-01-2013, 09:32 PM
Anyone know the Msrp of the 755?
Posted via Mobile Device

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING
01-03-2013, 12:14 AM
Anyone know the Msrp of the 755?
Posted via Mobile Device

Don't know,
Last season they had a sale on the 650 at $20,000
Gotta think your gonna be right around $25,000
Posted via Mobile Device

knox gsl
01-03-2013, 12:17 AM
That's alot of machine to be a stand on.

Country Club Lawnscapes
01-03-2013, 12:53 AM
That thing is awesome is it for sale???

koster_irrigation
01-03-2013, 08:47 PM
I'm in the market for another mini skid

25k is a little strong for me

I've bought new before, and Id rather find a unit with 500 or less hrs

I think I'm going to go with DW instead of a dingo

BrandonV
01-03-2013, 10:18 PM
That's alot of machine to be a stand on.

Dont confuse a seat for productivity. Standon equip be they mower or skids id argue are more productive in a ton of situations that a similarly speced seated unit.

Country Club Lawnscapes
01-04-2013, 12:19 AM
What are your thoughts on the 650 was it more then capable to do the job

knox gsl
01-04-2013, 01:02 AM
Dont confuse a seat for productivity. Standon equip be they mower or skids id argue are more productive in a ton of situations that a similarly speced seated unit.

I agree 100%, I just bought my first stand on mower and already love it. I was stating that, as this could easily replace a slightly larger sit down machine but then be able to shine in smaller areas. I guess the only downfall would be lift capacity.

Digdeep
01-04-2013, 09:12 AM
I guess the only downfall would be lift capacity.

No doubt about their versatility, particularly in tight areas, but rain, snow, freezing temps or windy conditions would make me long for an enclosed cab with a heater :)

Digdeep
01-04-2013, 09:17 AM

I definitely see their value, but I can't think of a "ton" (especially compared to the PT30) other than applications where narrow access is required that doesn't open back up once you're at the work area.

BrandonV
01-07-2013, 07:06 PM
the main reason for a stand on unit is:
1) on and off use: these are not units that you're grading large areas with I will admit that but lets say you're making beds, mulching or even just augering some fence post its a one man job now becasue the operator can fill the role of helper and operator
2) visibility: no cab and a higher vantage point allow you to work in smaller areas without running over stuff/people

I'll give you an example my hardscape crew will 9/10 times go for the sk650 to move our large tamp (~600#) vs our 287b cat its just faster and easier to not have to climb in a cab

talked to my dealer today and will have a demo when convenient for him (i'm in no real rush) anyone interested in buying one of my current units?

GLS
01-07-2013, 07:38 PM
Anyone else notice that DW will be offering a single lever joystick along with their traditional dual lever?

I won't be trading in my 650 anytime soon (still almost new!), but I would like to hear the reviews if anyone gets to demo one.

Country Club Lawnscapes
01-07-2013, 07:49 PM
Brandon V how many hours are on them

BrandonV
01-07-2013, 08:45 PM
~1200
Posted via Mobile Device

BrandonV
01-07-2013, 08:56 PM
Anyone else notice that DW will be offering a single lever joystick along with their traditional dual lever?

single lever doesn't thrill me because on occasion I like to stand off the machine and I think the joystick would be hard to drive like that.

Country Club Lawnscapes
01-07-2013, 08:58 PM
I'm interested what kinda motor how many hours and do you have any attachments

BrandonV
01-07-2013, 10:06 PM
I'm interested what kinda motor how many hours and do you have any attachments

here are the specs: http://www.ditchwitch.com/legacy/SK650/
the only attachement I'll be selling is the combo bucket the rest will be staying put but since you asked I have a backhoe, trencher, auger, tiller, rotodarion, trench backfiller and bore kit

Digdeep
01-08-2013, 09:11 AM
the main reason for a stand on unit is:
1) on and off use: these are not units that you're grading large areas with I will admit that but lets say you're making beds, mulching or even just augering some fence post its a one man job now becasue the operator can fill the role of helper and operator
2) visibility: no cab and a higher vantage point allow you to work in smaller areas without running over stuff/people

I'll give you an example my hardscape crew will 9/10 times go for the sk650 to move our large tamp (~600#) vs our 287b cat its just faster and easier to not have to climb in a cab

talked to my dealer today and will have a demo when convenient for him (i'm in no real rush) anyone interested in buying one of my current units?

Very good points about the on and off, but I would argue that the visibility advantage over a PT30 is negligible since the rear hood is so short, and the operator sits so high. I've operated all of the stand ons with the exception of the Ramrods, and they're very versatile (hence the big market).

However, if I were to buy one (and I'm not :cry:), I would really need a machine 600lbs lighter and 6" narrower before I'd get one over a PT30. The PT30 gives me almost 50% more ground speed, almost 50% more ground clearance, significantly more lift and tilt breakout, more operating capacity, more stability, more traction, more hp, more engine torque, 20" more dump height, lower ground pressure, less turf damage, more flotation, and a machine I could truly operate all year round.

I'm sure the single joystick on the new Ditchwitch machines would be interesting to operate.