PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy toro grandstand mulching kit and striping kit?

sticklelm
12-27-2012, 02:03 AM
Does anyone know where to buy a toro grandstand mulching kit and striping kit?

TPendagast
12-27-2012, 02:36 AM
the grandstand will not take a stripe kit, the kit goes between the deck and the wheels on the rider mowers, on stand on units this distance is greatly reduced, so there is no possibility of adding a striping kit to a stand on mower ( like a grandstand)

A local toro dealer will be able to get you a mulch kit. if you search on line you should also be able to purchase on without much difficulty.

RodneyK
12-27-2012, 09:05 AM
There is a GS striping kit made by Toro. It is a roller that attaches by the platform. You can get it from a dealer. I have two and have mixed reviews on them.

sticklelm
12-27-2012, 12:03 PM
are they worth checking out? ive seen some out there but i've never used a striper kit on my mowers. what do you like and dislike about them?

weaver
12-27-2012, 12:15 PM
Does anyone know where to buy a toro grandstand mulching kit and striping kit?

I'm working on the mulch kit..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/42-CheckMate-Lawn-Striping-Kit-for-Toro-Grandstand-Or-Exmark-Advantage-/230867341940?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35c0c41274

RodneyK
12-27-2012, 12:24 PM
If I were going to do it all over again I would buy the one that Weaver posted the link for. I think it would deliver a better result.

The GS does pretty well stock. The kit adds but not quite as much as you one would think. So, you are paying a decent amount of money for a small increase.

Likes: It does look better with the kit. Dislikes: You can catch the unit on curbs, etc. when backing up. You have to be careful backing up.

Schrock Lawns
01-04-2013, 02:21 AM
the gs doesent need one atleast mine doesent mine cute better then the g3 with a striping kit

integrityman
01-13-2013, 01:31 PM
I had a Toro factory striping kit for my zero turn. It was bar none terrible.

It was constantly clogging and would routinely get pinched against the deck when backing up. (The latter could cause damage to the mower too.) The engineering on it was beyond stupid.

I ran into a Toro rep at a local dealership and complained that it was the worst $200+? I'd ever spent. I explained the engineering deficincies and product shortcomings. He seemed disinterested and relatively unsymapathetic. As a result I take the opportunity to bash Toro stripers whenever I get the chance.

I own lots of Toro mowers and snow removal products and am relatively satisfied. The striper engineering was definitely not engineered or manufactured to any level of durability.

On the other hand I love the mulching kits on my Toros......I wont use anything else for leaves.

Whether all Toro stripers are the same I can't say.