PDA

View Full Version : 61" ferris walk vs snapper pro

Larson Lawn Care
12-27-2012, 02:05 PM
I own a 61" ferris walk 2008 model and a 36" snapper pro walk 2009 model. I am considering buying a new 61" walk behind mower and was thinking about a snapper pro. I know the ferris is basically the same mower, but I was curious to know if the bigger tires on the snapper pro have any benefit. Also any other pros and cons on the 2012/13 models would be appreciated.
Posted via Mobile Device

Larson Lawn Care
12-28-2012, 12:20 AM
I am also considering a 61" Scag hydro walk behind. I bought a 36" Scag v ride last year but returned it because it couldn't mow any hill whatsoever. I definitely won't buy a stand on mower, but I do know that the Scags seem to be very well built. If you have any pros or cons for this mower, please fill me in.

d.klas
12-31-2012, 09:01 PM
Ferris all the way

kawasaki guy
01-01-2013, 01:20 AM
from what I hear, The Snapper Pro machines are just as good as SCAG. Also, I hear the pistol grips on the SCAG machines are very hard to squeeze...

do a search on the website, and you will see reviews from people who have used the machines. this is just what I have heard.

Larson Lawn Care
01-01-2013, 11:14 AM
Will do thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

kawasaki guy
01-01-2013, 11:28 AM
by website, I mean lawnsite

d.klas
01-01-2013, 12:25 PM
Nothing can beat the Ferris hydro walk and comfort control DD.. They are tanks and deliver a superb cut. The 32 goes for around 3000. But personally for smaller properties I'd go for the 36 comfort control dd version.. 20 HP vs 15HP
Check their website out.... They are better than any other walkbehind and are the easiest and smoothest to handle
Posted via Mobile Device

d.klas
01-01-2013, 12:29 PM
Sure scag, exmark can do the job BUT
The controls and handling aren't as good and you will be more sore at the end of the day.
Ferris comfort control dd just has a cruze control bar and handlebars with pull controls
Posted via Mobile Device

Larson Lawn Care
01-01-2013, 04:58 PM
When buying equipment, I always try to get bigger and better (like most). I was looking for something faster than the 61" Ferris walk behind, with something that can handle a bit better on hills although it does just fine. I was hoping the bigger tires on the Snapper pro would be better for wet hills.

LawnMan19
01-02-2013, 01:36 PM
Nothing can beat the Ferris hydro walk and comfort control DD.. They are tanks and deliver a superb cut. The 32 goes for around 3000. But personally for smaller properties I'd go for the 36 comfort control dd version.. 20 HP vs 15HP
Check their website out.... They are better than any other walkbehind and are the easiest and smoothest to handle
Posted via Mobile Device

I agree once you start running a Comfort Control DD not much else compares to it.

judd12
01-02-2013, 04:00 PM
Those that own the ferris comfort control dd's and comparible snapper pro's that say they are the best, have you ran a gravely pro steer wb, exmark tt, or scag hydro? Interested in quality of cut, cut in damp/wet grass, hillside ease of use, and user comfort. Thanks!

Exmarkboy13
01-05-2013, 11:48 PM
Those that own the ferris comfort control dd's and comparible snapper pro's that say they are the best, have you ran a gravely pro steer wb, exmark tt, or scag hydro? Interested in quality of cut, cut in damp/wet grass, hillside ease of use, and user comfort. Thanks!

exactly what i want to know.