PDA

View Full Version : Service Autopilot/Jobber/or Gopher ?

Seabreeze
12-27-2012, 07:13 PM
I am searching for the best scheduling software that works with quickbooks and can run on a Mac. What software works the best? :cool2:

BeachysLawn
12-28-2012, 10:08 AM
Service Autopilot, Service Autopilot, Service Autopilot. . .if it is TOO EXPENSIVE buy one of the others.

Oh, I just saw you are in my area. I wouldn't use any software, take cash only and buy all your equipment from Lowes :drinkup:

ClipXE Software
12-28-2012, 10:31 AM
Clip doesn't run 'Natively' on a MAC, but you can run Clip on a Mac. Many of our customers run Clip on a Mac. The setup isn't too difficult.

Seabreeze
12-31-2012, 11:32 AM
Thanks yall

Maple Wood
01-01-2013, 01:01 PM
Service Autopilot all the way. It has help me to organize my business. I more than doubled my gross this year but spent less time in the office than last year. It is great for mowing, apps, and snow. The mobile option has helped a lot as well. Keeps my main people informed any place they are at. If you train your staff or use the mobile part yourself it greatly reduces office time.

BetterLawns&Gardens
01-02-2013, 09:40 PM
I spent all last year trying to find the perfect software before i dove in and made a purchase since most are not cheap at first refused to sign up for something that required a monthly bill I still don't really want the bill but service auto pilot offers everything i want/need and so so so much more! I haven't found anything that compares. Lawnaid says that they offer a similar product for a far cheaper price, although the 15 day trial left me confused and it honestly looked basic there is no help section tutorials i would have to ask questions for everything, i don't really have time to wait for a response for a couple days to figure something out so this spring I will be signing up for service pro! and it expect it to bring great things for my little company!

Seabreeze
01-03-2013, 11:37 AM
Good stuff ! With service autopilot do you have to hire a secretary to update the software throughout each work day or can I run everything with my iPhone or a iPad from field ?
Also how many properties do you guys visit each week? I want to make sure I'm large enough to make this jump.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jobber
01-04-2013, 08:30 PM
There are certainly pro's and con's to any of the business software systems available for field service companies, and I thought I would just quickly address a couple of the questions and comments brought up in this thread about Jobber with respect to Service Auto Pilot.

Of course, not every landscaping company is run the same way. SAP does a *lot* of stuff — it has a lot of features, and there's lots to learn to get up and running. If you think you need all of this stuff to be successful then SAP might be for you and would be a fine choice.

Jobber is a little bit different however. We're a modern software company first and foremost; professional software developers & engineers that built (and continue to develop and maintain) Jobber from the ground up by consulting with a number of companies with different work flows and requirements in order to design easy to use, robust and flexible software that accommodates your business, rather than the other way around. Our guiding philosophy in getting to this point and in going forward is simplicity — we focus on keeping Jobber easy to learn, and easy to use, without anything extraneous getting in the way.

While we think the more modern and effective approach to software is to keep things simple and to focus on usability, we also focus heavily on flexibility and robust features — these principles are almost *more* important the larger and more complex the organization. We have happy customers of many shapes and sizes, from sole operators doing less than $50k in revenue, to companies of 25 employees doing in excess of 5 million. We have customers who generously credit Jobber with being the reason they were able to grow their companies as quickly as they have, or at all. We have customers who have come to us from almost every other system, but especially, from the land of pen-and-paper.

In the end the right software is an important business decision that you can only make with the information available to you; sometimes option A will be the right choice, and other times option B will be. Jobber is modern software with a modern approach, and we're making waves for it. We do what we can to make it as easy as possible for you to learn about us and give us a try, so that you can make the right decision for your business, and we're constantly iterating and improving our product, the way a good software company should.

If anyone has any questions at all or needs additional information please don't hesitate to get in touch with us at info@getjobber.com, or with me personally at jeff@getjobber.com.

I hope this was helpful!

Cheers,
Jeff LeHoux

BetterLawns&Gardens
01-04-2013, 10:52 PM
My earlier message was supposed to say this spring I will be signing up for Service auto pilot (versus service pro) my mistake... either way i hadn't come across jobber. I am going to check them out now... just to give a fair chance you never know... thanks for your input. And honestly i think what made my search helpful was a must have list and a can do with out list. every time i found a new product that offered something different i would list the features under must have or can live with out that way i could decide if they were really something i had to have or could i better "profit" from another product

Jobber
01-07-2013, 05:23 PM
Sounds good BetterLawns&Gardens, that is exactly the kind of advice that I tell people all the time. Thanks for being open to checking us out! Signing up for a 30 day free trial will give you plenty of opportunity to poke around and make sure we have all of your "must haves".

just go here: http://www.getjobber.com/signup

Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions or would like some help importing your clients and testing out our system.

seabee24
01-07-2013, 08:30 PM
Is there a long , in depth video for jobber?

I'm looking a a full, and complete solution. I'm sick of piece mewling everything, I need working time card solution, that tracks job time. Tracks non-billable time, creates equipment maintenance tasks and assign them to a mechanic, job costing. Email tracking, GPS and snow removal, contract profit and loss, 1 single, simple solution

Jobber
01-08-2013, 05:35 PM
Hey Seabee24,

Here is a link to our longest Jobber video and I think the one you are looking for. http://docs.getjobber.com/
It gives a general overview of the functionality of the software and walks you through some of the basic steps and functions.

Hope this helps!

Jeff

merrimacmill
01-08-2013, 07:01 PM
I really like the interface and concept of Jobber. I can see where there needs to be additional functions that every company would need, but I know its a new program that is getting its start still (which is one huge plus for me, I like supporting start ups whenever possible). I get the feeling from using it that the designers/programmers are avid Apple users... Or at least unterstand what makes an Apple program so intuitive, and wanted to bring some of that same clean look and ease of use to their program.

But here is my BIG issue for me. It will NOT sync with Quickbooks for Mac 2013. Now I have been told by a Jobber rep that I can add the invoice total aggregate amount as one line item to my Quickbooks Journal for a given period I choose (whether its daily, weekly, monthly, etc). I can see how this would work, but it still adds the margin for error by doing a manual data entry from program to program, it also will not allow me to get a clear financial picture in quickbooks at a moments notice. Now since Jobber does not currently track expenses, Jobber cannot give me any idea of what is going out, only the invoices and money that is coming in.

It is also my understanding that this is not the fault of Jobber, but more the fault of quickbooks for not allowing their Mac users to have any type of online connectivity with Quickbooks program. Windows users do not have this issue. So this problem really sounds like Quickbooks dropping the ball more than Jobber. However, it doesn't change that it is a real problem that Mac users will face, and its not like we mac guys are very sparse anymore... Every mall around has an Apple store, and I only know a handful of people even using Windows anymore.

Things I would like to see in the program:

1. Equipment Maintenance Tracking - I would like to have a simple interface within this program to track what maintenance was done to what equipment. It could tie in the timesheet & expense tracking into this to help determine maintenance costs.

2. Start/Stop Button on Time Tracking - Being an online program we all know it has a pretty accurate clock attached to it. I would like to see the timesheets option have a big STOP and START button for the crews to use. Under that could be the same drop down menu that they already have that allows the user to classify what the time was for. So when they show up at a site, click Start Clock > Select Job # (or location) > and then the clock starts. When the job is finished, the crew clicks Stop Clock > Start Transportation Time .... Etc. This way I could get a report for the most important part of running a landscaping company JOB COSTING. If someone knows how many hours of drive time, mow time, mulching time, repair/maintenance time, etc that they spent over the course of a whole season, then it becomes extremely powerful information to have for next year budgeting and determining production rates. This is the biggest reason I'm looking to upgrade my software. I'm tired of transferring paper documents with horrible handwriting into spreadsheets...

3. E-mail Tracking - Jobber already seems to have a pretty mild version of a CRM program built in that holds all relevant customer info. But I would really like to see it also track e-mails for each client and attach them to their file. This is not something that is too hard for a program to do if the user just Bcc: every e-mail to Jobber. I've seen it done this way on many dedicated CRM solutions, but I would really love to see it in Jobber.

My one other concern with Jobber is the whole "add on" deal. I understand the concept of "don't pay for what you don't need", which I agree with for functions like chemical tracking. However there are some things that should just be standard, like the time sheets function. Or the Contact Form function. I wonder if in the future this will become the buffet of software programs, and by time I had all the features I wanted the price would be through the roof.. Again, this is NOT what they are doing, just something that I hope they don't do in the future.

As you can tell, I've been spending time with this decision, and I really like Jobber. I want to sign up for it, but there are a couple things (esp quickbooks) that might not let me. In the meantime, I'll keep messing with it, learning more, and calling them with questions.

Overall looks like they are on the right track to having a killer program. I do understand all these updates, changes, and features aren't cheap to put together/program.

Jobber
01-08-2013, 08:05 PM
Hi Merrimacmill,

Wow, you sure have a lot of knowledge about our product and software in general! I'm glad to see that you are taking some quality time to research what will work best for you. Thank-you very much for the feedback! Hearing our customer's concerns and top priorities really does drive where the product is headed every day.

In terms of your suggestions, we are very aware of the first two as they are high priorities on our road map for the near future. I don't want to make any promises I can't keep but those are certainly two functionalities in high demand that will be a part of our offering moving forward.

As for the email history, there is definitely a way to see all of a customer's interactions in the reports section. Go to the management tab > client reports > email communications to see all the email history. From there, you can sort the fields to see what you are looking for. This may not be the perfect solution as I think maybe you'd ideally like to see the records in the client view? Am I on the right track here?

On a personal note: I am so sorry about the (lack of) quickbooks integration. You must be an Apple user in Canada then? Trust me - we feel your pain! You were bang on in that we all have Macs and I'm sure our designer's have taken some of their inspiration for the intuitiveness of the software from Apple.

Once again, thanks for the great feedback. Keep it coming whenever you see something that we could do better!

Thanks,

Jeff
jeff@getjobber.com

HPI_Savage25
01-09-2013, 12:23 AM
Jobber- how about financial reports and expenses? I signed up for the trial and this is two things I am not seeing. Maybe over looking? I have Gopher now and thinking of upgrading but I like that a few others are web based just in case my Laptop crashes I don't want to lose my information. I want a program to do scheduling, customers, info and my financial reports. Just looking for my options.
Posted via Mobile Device

merrimacmill
01-09-2013, 12:31 AM
Thanks for the reply Jeff. I think its really great that you guys pay attention to what people are saying, and what we need in the field to make something like this work.

Great to hear on the first two. I know they are something that others have, but I think they do too complex of a job at it.

I'm not from Canada, I'm in the US. Will this effect my quickbooks capability? I have Quickbooks for Mac 2012 and plan on upgrading to 2013. Let me know on this when you get a chance, this would really be great if it worked in the US.

As to the e-mail tracking, I didn't even realize that was there. Thats good to know. Does this just track e-mails sent automatically from the program such as invoices, quotes, etc? What I am talking about is a way to attach e-mails to a client's file, similarly to many CRM solutions. So if they call, and argue with you about what you said or agreed on in an e-mail, it is right in front you when they call. This is such a common thing for us to have to look up and show the customer why we are right based on their e-mails, but I have multiple computers and don't always have access to the e-mails when I need them.

The reality is that landscape and snow companies really could be better businesses if they all utilized a CRM software of some kind. We would never forget to call someone back, or send over that quote on the day we told the customer we would, and all e-mails and complaints would be tracked for liability reasons. But most dedicated CRM solutions are just way to robust for the average landscaper and have too much of a learning curve. So what I really like the most about Jobber is that it seems to take steps in the direction of a very basic CRM solution, tied into everything else we need, but keeps it simple. But I think it just lacks in a few key areas that could make it a great all around solution.

One simple suggestion I have is if you have a Client with multiple properties, and you click on one of the listed properties, the notes section (that was there in the client view) goes away. If I had that in the property view (with separate notes for each property), I would be able to make notes about a particular property. For instance, I have a property manager and we do 4 properties for them. Each property has an on-site point of contact that I could list in the notes section, or simple things like what particular resident at the HOA is a complainer, or even notes of interactions we've had about the property. That would be a big help for me.

The next thing is complaints. We all get complaints from time to time, and I can't tell you how many times we had complaints not formally filed for reference in any future dispute or for liability reasons, and not tracked to see what our most common problem is. What I picture is a option in the "Quick Create" button that says Complaints and then leads to a window to fill out information applicable to the complaint (each one assigned to a property). Then when in the Client view you could have a button say view complaint history, which would show them just like your e-mail tracking does. I think an important thing for this would be to have other members with limited access, have access to this feature so they could file complaints as they receive them right on the job site. I do this already in a simpler way, but just using that database program Bento by FileMaker.

That tied in with showing the e-mails in the client view, and everything you already have would really cover whatever we could need in simplified crm. You could already have this on here, but I haven't found it yet.

PS sorry to hijack this one - to the OP.

Jobber
01-09-2013, 12:16 PM
Jobber- how about financial reports and expenses? I signed up for the trial and this is two things I am not seeing. Maybe over looking? I have Gopher now and thinking of upgrading but I like that a few others are web based just in case my Laptop crashes I don't want to lose my information. I want a program to do scheduling, customers, info and my financial reports. Just looking for my options.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hi, If you go to the 'Management' tab > 'Reports' there are different kinds of reports that you can utilize: Money, Service and Work, and Clients. That is a good place to start anyway.

Feel free to give us a call if you have specific questions at 1-888-721-1115. Also, I'd recommend setting up a demo with one of our guys so they can walk you through it. That usually susses out lots of questions on how to use it best day to day.

Thanks,
Jeff

Jobber
01-09-2013, 12:42 PM
Merrimacmill,

You can see all of your historical interactions with a client (quotes, invoices, etc.) in the Client Summary view. Sounds like that is what you are looking for. I am going to send your suggestions and entire last post to one of our sales guys so he can show you exactly how to do that if you'd like.

His name is Broc and you can reach him at the toll free number below.

He also has way more technical knowledge about Quickbooks and this is the answer he gave me; "you can't download the web connector on a mac for the desktop version. The online version is connectable no matter what computer you're on obviously, the problem is they don't offer online for canada"

Give Broc a shout and he can clear those up for you and we can stop dominating this thread. haha Sorry

Cheers,
Jeff

Marshman
01-09-2013, 12:56 PM
I'm in the same boat as far as software searching goes. Ive researched quite a bit into Jobber and SAP. Check out The Service Program. They've been great with feedback and seem great as well. They've had an app for 3 years. I still havent pulled the trigger yet. Leaning SAP at this point due to all ythe positive feedback everyone is giving it.

merrimacmill
01-09-2013, 06:19 PM
I'm in the same boat as far as software searching goes. Ive researched quite a bit into Jobber and SAP. Check out The Service Program. They've been great with feedback and seem great as well. They've had an app for 3 years. I still havent pulled the trigger yet. Leaning SAP at this point due to all ythe positive feedback everyone is giving it.

What is the price on "The Service Program"?

There are some really great programs out there that blow any of these 3 we are talking about completely out of the water. For instance, as we all know, Real Green Systems is just an absolutely killer program in every single regard, except THE most important one. Price.

I find myself getting to think "oh I need this, and I need that" but then I remember, I need to compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges. Real Green is what like $10,000 or something last time I checked?

Even Service Autopilot is something like $140 per month if I remember correctly. And being $100 per month or $1,000 per year more expensive than Jobber (with what features I would add) is a huge jump for a recurring software bill.

I always hated software that I had to pay a subscription for. Then I signed up for www.landscapemanagementnetwork.com for $99 per month, and it simply changed my life forever with the tools it gave me. I think they have a tough sell at $1,000 every year, which keeps a lot of guys away. But thats a good thing, otherwise everyone would know too much...

Anyways thats a different type of software for a different use, so its really off topic.

ELS Landscape
01-09-2013, 06:52 PM
Just to kind of pick up on this. I have seen where the client can respond above the top line in the body of an e-mail and it goes to the message thread on the website and help in the project file.

The website doing this appears to be built on drupal. Not sure what that is called program is called, if it is custom and I do no think it is a drupal mod.

Marshman
01-10-2013, 01:02 PM
I just signed up with jobber free trial. Scheduling and making routes are very important. Coming from groundskeeper pro. Wanna be mobile. Never even used quick books. Do you guys that have jobber also use quick books? Can you just roll with only jobber?
Posted via Mobile Device

Big C
01-15-2013, 03:39 AM
I just signed up with jobber free trial. Scheduling and making routes are very important. Coming from groundskeeper pro. Wanna be mobile. Never even used quick books. Do you guys that have jobber also use quick books? Can you just roll with only jobber?
Posted via Mobile Device

I use Jobber along with Quickbooks Online and it works great, and I can use it from my iPhone or Ipad while out in the field.

KLC LAWN
01-26-2013, 06:25 AM
I use Jobber... have since May... the customer support is outstanding and they have a great up and coming piece. The only big lack for me is expense/profit loss recording and reporting which they just launched the first part of... at this stage it is NOT an all in one solution however its getting better day by day and they are very receptive to feedback. Just me alone I think we have had over 100 conversations. At first I used quickbooks along side..... then eliminated it and used just quicken simply for reporting. I am confident in the near future they will fill my needs 100%. I hope they evolve the expense entry and reporting quickly for the start of the season or I will have to do a mash up again of software. There is a very very small learning curve that once you understand and practice the work flow its outstanding software. I have used desktop.. ipad.. iphone... android tablet and now do 90% right from my phablet (note 2) there is no functionality loss when using it in desktop mode in a browser from any device other than a simple drag and drop function in the calendar that can only be done on desktop.. you can just manually change the date and achieve the same. Anyone who has any questions feel free to pm me as I hope their continued development and success.
Posted via Mobile Device

JFGLN
01-26-2013, 11:09 AM
I use Jobber... have since May... the customer support is outstanding and they have a great up and coming piece. The only big lack for me is expense/profit loss recording and reporting which they just launched the first part of... at this stage it is NOT an all in one solution however its getting better day by day and they are very receptive to feedback. Just me alone I think we have had over 100 conversations. At first I used quickbooks along side..... then eliminated it and used just quicken simply for reporting. I am confident in the near future they will fill my needs 100%. I hope they evolve the expense entry and reporting quickly for the start of the season or I will have to do a mash up again of software. There is a very very small learning curve that once you understand and practice the work flow its outstanding software. I have used desktop.. ipad.. iphone... android tablet and now do 90% right from my phablet (note 2) there is no functionality loss when using it in desktop mode in a browser from any device other than a simple drag and drop function in the calendar that can only be done on desktop.. you can just manually change the date and achieve the same. Anyone who has any questions feel free to pm me as I hope their continued development and success.
Posted via Mobile Device

I didn't see an easy way to postpone jobs due to a holiday or rain day.

jbell36
01-26-2013, 12:48 PM
Jobber, i've seen you around here the last two years or so, maybe not even that long, i'm finally going to look into it...my first question is, how long has the software been available?

and about the software...the biggest pain in my ass when it comes to paperwork is letting the crews know what accounts need to be done AND getting them recorded as they are completed IN THE FIELD...secondly, having them be able to "clock in" and "clock out" per job just like someone said earlier with the START and STOP button for job costing...is this available currently with your software?

i currently use gopher, and for the price it's the best software out there...but there are many flaws which comes with you pay for what you get...with gopher, you can set up your entire mowing schedule for the season, at the end of each day it asks you if "all jobs are complete"...if so, then simply hit complete, if not, you can pick and choose, or simply postpone all for a later date...after you tell the program, for example, that all jobs were completed for that day that were scheduled, it will put it in an invoice for you so you don't have to do it one by one at the end of the month...then, simply, at the end of the month click print invoices, it's that easy

do you guys offer this?

merrimacmill
01-26-2013, 03:55 PM
Jobber, i've seen you around here the last two years or so, maybe not even that long, i'm finally going to look into it...my first question is, how long has the software been available?

and about the software...the biggest pain in my ass when it comes to paperwork is letting the crews know what accounts need to be done AND getting them recorded as they are completed IN THE FIELD...secondly, having them be able to "clock in" and "clock out" per job just like someone said earlier with the START and STOP button for job costing...is this available currently with your software?

i currently use gopher, and for the price it's the best software out there...but there are many flaws which comes with you pay for what you get...with gopher, you can set up your entire mowing schedule for the season, at the end of each day it asks you if "all jobs are complete"...if so, then simply hit complete, if not, you can pick and choose, or simply postpone all for a later date...after you tell the program, for example, that all jobs were completed for that day that were scheduled, it will put it in an invoice for you so you don't have to do it one by one at the end of the month...then, simply, at the end of the month click print invoices, it's that easy

do you guys offer this?

Like mentioned before, Jobber is not an all in one solution. It does lack in some major areas, but I have been messing with the trial and think I might just sign up for it. The reason is I truly believe they will fix these issues, and give us what we need. I like the young entrepreneurial nature that the company seems to have.

The jobcosting with simple start/stop button would simply be a life changer. I know SAP has this, but my understanding is it doesn't work correctly. Jobber does have time tracking functionality, but it is cumbersome to use. If it was someone in the office, sitting there in front of a computer, it would not be bad. But in the field, entering hour, minute, am/pm for an in and out at every stop is just not reasonable. It also eliminates the guys need to report the "real" times when in the field.

Jobber, if you can give us expense tracking (which I know is in the works), that ties into specifically a simple START/STOP button time tracking feature for jobcosting, your product will be a complete home run. I truly believe that the addition of these two components is the recipe to Jobber being the perfect solution for so many people, and its popularity would instantly skyrocket. But not having these areas just eliminates so many reasons to move to a software like that, it presents a HUGE gap in what we need.

I want to be able to search profitability by job, based on the actual time spent on site. Instantly identify by a percentage what accounts are profitable and are not profitable, as the season progresses. I want to be able to organize that list in several different ways, most profitable to least profitable, etc. Its pretty simple, I have already programed this into a database (its just cumbersome to use and requires double data entry), so I know you guys have the capability to program this into your software.

KLC LAWN
01-27-2013, 08:14 AM

If you are at a desktop you drag and drop jobs from day to day. If using mobile you would have to click on each job and change date.... I know this is one of the things they are working on..

Just yesterday they released expense section.... its very basic but functional... With more reports and features to come in it... It is at the point right now that I can use Jobber alone without anything else.

jbell36
01-27-2013, 11:33 AM
well i'm very interested to say the least...i honestly think SAP is the best out there so far, but it's simply too much $...i understand it's a great program but i've spent $200 on a program that i never have to reinvest in and it's doing the job for us...jobber is much more reasonably priced especially for the companies that AREN'T grossing over 100K...there's many more of those than the larger ones...we do well over that but i still don't see why it's necessary for the additional expense...annual expense of $1560 (SAP) or a one time expense of $200 (gopher)...now, i can do $360 (jobber) if it's worth it and it sounds like it will be competing with SAP, or at least somewhere around that level

seabee24
01-27-2013, 05:49 PM
I dont know jobber or gopher so I cant comment on them

and dont get me wrong i have my fair share of bones to pick with the guys over at SAP (whom i have recently talked to and am awaiting answers)

but - I belive that SAP is worth every penny and then some. your talking about a 1000 difference - in business terms that nothing really. If you think 1000 is alot of money, your in the wrong mindset.

where sap is now, its great, but where it is going hopefully will be even better. the guys over at SAP have the drive to do it, and I belive they will.
SAP - runs on their servers - not your home PC. if your PC goes down, your f__ked unless you back up every night. I lost my data once, bad day, bad week, bad month. do you know with the mobil site, the guys punch on the off sites with their phone. real time. billing can be done in less than 5 mins no matter how manay accounts you have. heck you dont even have to mail or print them, stamp and fold them if you dont want, they have a service that will do it for you.

customers go onto my website, fill in information and that is inputted into SAP, nothing needs to be done on your part.

where SAP is going - if they finally are able to put into effect the "work flow managment" that is what will change everything - there is nothing in the industry that will do that. sales will go up as a result, happier customers, there is no negative to that.

seabee24
01-27-2013, 05:55 PM

SAP you can, in fact related to holidays.

at the begining of the season, I update the "master" schedule. I already knwo ahead of time that the 4th of july is on a thursday thisyear. and not only will that effect all customers on thursdays. but may effect wenesday and friday customers as well. so make the adjustments now, to the master schedule.

when I add a cusomer to a "thursday route" (or any other) i no longer have to remember to manually change the holiday...its already done in the master. when july comes the route is already planned for the nessesary adjustments....and this is true with any other holiday this year.

Clean Cut Lawns
01-27-2013, 06:46 PM
1. Equipment Maintenance Tracking - I would like to have a simple interface within this program to track what maintenance was done to what equipment. It could tie in the timesheet & expense tracking into this to help determine maintenance costs.

2. Start/Stop Button on Time Tracking - Being an online program we all know it has a pretty accurate clock attached to it. I would like to see the timesheets option have a big STOP and START button for the crews to use. Under that could be the same drop down menu that they already have that allows the user to classify what the time was for. So when they show up at a site, click Start Clock > Select Job # (or location) > and then the clock starts. When the job is finished, the crew clicks Stop Clock > Start Transportation Time .... Etc. This way I could get a report for the most important part of running a landscaping company JOB COSTING. If someone knows how many hours of drive time, mow time, mulching time, repair/maintenance time, etc that they spent over the course of a whole season, then it becomes extremely powerful information to have for next year budgeting and determining production rates. This is the biggest reason I'm looking to upgrade my software. I'm tired of transferring paper documents with horrible handwriting into spreadsheets...

3. E-mail Tracking - Jobber already seems to have a pretty mild version of a CRM program built in that holds all relevant customer info. But I would really like to see it also track e-mails for each client and attach them to their file. This is not something that is too hard for a program to do if the user just Bcc: every e-mail to Jobber. I've seen it done this way on many dedicated CRM solutions, but I would really love to see it in Jobber.

*trucewhiteflag**trucewhiteflag**trucewhiteflag**trucewhiteflag**trucewhiteflag*
Is anyone listening......
*trucewhiteflag**trucewhiteflag**trucewhiteflag**trucewhiteflag**trucewhiteflag*
*trucewhiteflag*I would sign up in a hart beat if this was available

GreenGuysLC
01-28-2013, 03:52 PM
Service auto pilot is priced based on your size. I researched and tried a of them...and went with sap. I am extremely happy. Yes there are things they could make better and i know every day they are actively working to. I love that i can access my business info from any computer..tablet..or smartphone since it is web based. It has functionality in botb areas i was looking....invoicing and scheduling. It may be a little more pricy than some...
But without spending k$$$$$....it is definitely money well spent.
Posted via Mobile Device

GreenGuysLC
01-28-2013, 04:01 PM
Service auto pilot is priced based on your size. I researched and tried a of them...and went with sap. I am extremely happy. Yes there are things they could make better and i know every day they are actively working to. I love that i can access my business info from any computer..tablet..or smartphone since it is web based. It has functionality in botb areas i was looking....invoicing and scheduling. It may be a little more pricy than some...
But without spending k$$$$$....it is definitely money well spent.
Posted via Mobile Device

merrimacmill
02-01-2013, 01:53 AM
Is anyone listening......
*trucewhiteflag*I would sign up in a hart beat if this was available

I'm not sure they are... Are you there Jobber???

This is key for us. If you could sell a business a software program that when followed to your instructions, will put that production information into the hands of the business owner - people would be crazy not to buy your system.

Jobber
02-04-2013, 01:20 PM
I'm not sure they are... Are you there Jobber???
This is key for us. If you could sell a business a software program that when followed to your instructions, will put that production information into the hands of the business owner - people would be crazy not to buy your system.

Hi Hi Hi,

Hey guys! Yeah we're definitely listening *trucewhiteflag*— for some reason LawnSite isn't automatically sending us the thread update notifications like it usually does, so I'm just manually checking around when I can. Sorry for the delay!

1. Equipment Maintenance Tracking - This is on our radar as we have had one or two requests for this. I will be honest with you though, based on feedback - this isn't a top priority for us so it will be a while out.

2. Start/Stop Button on Time Tracking - While we do have a way to enter this now, we agree that it can be a bit cumbersome. This is something that we do have near the top of our list that more people have asked for to help them with job costing. Of the 3 features mentioned, this will be here first.

3. E-mail Tracking - Every interaction with the customer related to quotes, billing etc. in Jobber is stored and readily available in the client view. However, we don't have a way to link email correspondence that you are having outside of Jobber. Once again, this is something we are aware of but we will be focusing on making Jobber tick perfectly from the inside first.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. We truly appreciate it! I'm glad to see that there is some very intensive investigations out there and our favorite R+D partners on LS are working hard! ;)

Cheers,

Jeff

merrimacmill
02-04-2013, 02:06 PM
Hi Hi Hi,

Hey guys! Yeah we're definitely listening *trucewhiteflag*— for some reason LawnSite isn't automatically sending us the thread update notifications like it usually does, so I'm just manually checking around when I can. Sorry for the delay!

1. Equipment Maintenance Tracking - This is on our radar as we have had one or two requests for this. I will be honest with you though, based on feedback - this isn't a top priority for us so it will be a while out.

2. Start/Stop Button on Time Tracking - While we do have a way to enter this now, we agree that it can be a bit cumbersome. This is something that we do have near the top of our list that more people have asked for to help them with job costing. Of the 3 features mentioned, this will be here first.

3. E-mail Tracking - Every interaction with the customer related to quotes, billing etc. in Jobber is stored and readily available in the client view. However, we don't have a way to link email correspondence that you are having outside of Jobber. Once again, this is something we are aware of but we will be focusing on making Jobber tick perfectly from the inside first.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. We truly appreciate it! I'm glad to see that there is some very intensive investigations out there and our favorite R+D partners on LS are working hard! ;)

Cheers,

Jeff

This all makes sense, as I feel the START/STOP feature is by far the most important and useful of any of these features.

I played with the new time & expense tracking the other day before my trial ran out. I liked it, but was surprised when I was unable to add a photo of a receipt to an expense from the iphone view.

I did really like how on a maintenance account it will list each visit with the applicable time spent onsite.

Jobber
02-05-2013, 06:11 PM
This all makes sense, as I feel the START/STOP feature is by far the most important and useful of any of these features.

I played with the new time & expense tracking the other day before my trial ran out. I liked it, but was surprised when I was unable to add a photo of a receipt to an expense from the iphone view.

I did really like how on a maintenance account it will list each visit with the applicable time spent onsite.

Hi Merrimacmill,

Yeah, sorry about the picture deficiency. The problem is that the mobile access through Jobber is web based and the iOS mobile operating system won't allow access to the camera roll. This is supposed to be addressed in the newest version of iOS and ultimately will be included when we launch the Jobber mobile app.

In the meantime, you can still add a photo from the desktop interface for Jobber. It is a two step process (if you have to send the pic from your phone first) which we loath but will have to do for now.

Would you like me to extend your trial? Obviously you need to have proper time to experiment with it and take it for a test drive. With all the new improvements we have made lately, I'd be happy to give you more time. Just PM me with your company name that you signed up for the free trial if you would like me to extend it.

Thanks,

Jeff

LawnDeveloper
02-08-2013, 04:39 PM

merrimacmill if you could only pick one of these 3 which would be the most important?

ELS Landscape
02-08-2013, 07:28 PM
I decided to go with clip. It has some flaws but it has a lot of features as well.

pieperlc
02-14-2013, 09:59 AM
You said in a previous post you used Landscape Management Network. What do you not like about that program? Or are you still going to be using that?

Like mentioned before, Jobber is not an all in one solution. It does lack in some major areas, but I have been messing with the trial and think I might just sign up for it. The reason is I truly believe they will fix these issues, and give us what we need. I like the young entrepreneurial nature that the company seems to have.

The jobcosting with simple start/stop button would simply be a life changer. I know SAP has this, but my understanding is it doesn't work correctly. Jobber does have time tracking functionality, but it is cumbersome to use. If it was someone in the office, sitting there in front of a computer, it would not be bad. But in the field, entering hour, minute, am/pm for an in and out at every stop is just not reasonable. It also eliminates the guys need to report the "real" times when in the field.

Jobber, if you can give us expense tracking (which I know is in the works), that ties into specifically a simple START/STOP button time tracking feature for jobcosting, your product will be a complete home run. I truly believe that the addition of these two components is the recipe to Jobber being the perfect solution for so many people, and its popularity would instantly skyrocket. But not having these areas just eliminates so many reasons to move to a software like that, it presents a HUGE gap in what we need.

I want to be able to search profitability by job, based on the actual time spent on site. Instantly identify by a percentage what accounts are profitable and are not profitable, as the season progresses. I want to be able to organize that list in several different ways, most profitable to least profitable, etc. Its pretty simple, I have already programed this into a database (its just cumbersome to use and requires double data entry), so I know you guys have the capability to program this into your software.

Clean Cut Lawns
02-19-2013, 09:44 AM
Can you elaborate on SAP job costing not working properly with the start and stop button? I'm about to sign up for SAP and the start and stop function is a big reason for me deciding to go with SAP

snyderlawns
02-19-2013, 10:36 PM
I have been with SAP for 1 year and the mobiles have not been working. I haven't been able to go paperless within this year and that is now why I am shopping. I am looking seriously at Jobber and this Thread has been helpful. We are about to run a trial and see what we think. I am running 15 trucks and I can put a software to the max and will be back to post more on this after we shop what we are going to do. SAP is trying to make the fixes for us, but earlier this year they dropped the ball big time with security of my business by allow access of every crew leader to see every price of every service. Everything they could get there hands on. I am not sure if any of my guys got to this information or not. Hopefully they didn't but I have been really upset with them since then and the new big update they released 3 months after they said they were going to release it was a real let down and they were better off waiting another 3 months testing it and working out the bugs.

Jobber would love to talk to you on the phone soon after we get a little more testing with your software.

Josh Snyder

seabee24
02-19-2013, 11:16 PM
I agree 100% with the above post. I've been with sap for three years. When I first signed up, they where new, I was small. Tons of bugs. I reported everyone I came across and they got fixed over a whole year.

This update was the worst thing they could have ever done. I held out on a lot of other solutions to problems within my company because they told me this update had this, that, and the other.

Day it came out. I wrote Jonathan an email. It was long. Took him a month to reply back with answers. I responded with exactly what I needed done to operate this season. I stated sap didn't have to do everything, but I need to know what will work and what is not going to be . That was a month ago. I have since gotten no response

There are some many things that don't work since the release its not funny. Then take into account all the things that are "unfinished". I'm still waiting for a time clock. That's not even a hard thing to build.

My iPhone has $5 apps that work better for time keeping
Posted via Mobile Device

seabee24
02-19-2013, 11:20 PM
Can you elaborate on SAP job costing not working properly with the start and stop button? I'm about to sign up for SAP and the start and stop function is a big reason for me deciding to go with SAP

It doesn't

He Mobil start / stop. Did work and I'm not sure if it still does or not at the moment. Even with it working in the past it was very slow.

If the times where inputted, you could print a report with the man hours, and the budgeted man hours, and compare the two and see if you are over or under budgeted hours. No job costing with materials. No advanced costing. If you have different guys with different pay rates you will not be able to break down the exact cost.
Posted via Mobile Device

Clean Cut Lawns
02-19-2013, 11:20 PM
What iPhone apps are you using? Jobber doesn't have the start stop button that I think is critical in getting this right or else I'll just stick with qxpress

seabee24
02-19-2013, 11:41 PM
What iPhone apps are you using? Jobber doesn't have the start stop button that I think is critical in getting this right or else I'll just stick with qxpress

My phone is off for the night, I'd have to check. I don't use it , I just figured I would try it. It's not for billing, it's just for keeping payroll time. It's not worth your time, but then again neither is sap time clock

seabee24
02-19-2013, 11:43 PM
You said in a previous post you used Landscape Management Network. What do you not like about that program? Or are you still going to be using that?

I have a membership. It's nothing good. It does teach you to budget, not much else, the estimating is fair.

Too be honest the best training I found related to landscape Managment network, was using their free advertising on you tube.

CLS_Birmingham
02-19-2013, 11:55 PM
It doesn't

He Mobil start / stop. Did work and I'm not sure if it still does or not at the moment. Even with it working in the past it was very slow.

If the times where inputted, you could print a report with the man hours, and the budgeted man hours, and compare the two and see if you are over or under budgeted hours. No job costing with materials. No advanced costing. If you have different guys with different pay rates you will not be able to break down the exact cost.
Posted via Mobile Device

Agreed about the different pay rates problem with SAP. I'm currently using them, though I haven't had alot of the same problems everyone else seems to be having. We are however only running 2 crews so I'm able to easily figure out my job costing.

When you say advance costing what are you referring to that other software provides??? I'm interested to see if I went wrong going with SAP.

SAP support has been pretty good though with us so far. Any issue I've had has been responded to within 48 hours.

seabee24
02-20-2013, 12:06 AM
Agreed about the different pay rates problem with SAP. I'm currently using them, though I haven't had alot of the same problems everyone else seems to be having. We are however only running 2 crews so I'm able to easily figure out my job costing.

When you say advance costing what are you referring to that other software provides??? I'm interested to see if I went wrong going with SAP.

SAP support has been pretty good though with us so far. Any issue I've had has been responded to within 48 hours.

Advanced job costing- like if I had a patio job, needed to track all the materials, all delivery costs, all the paperwork cost, add in all the labor ( and remember with a construction crew each guy for sure has a different pay rate). My maintenance crews have similar pay with minor differences. The landscape crew has a crew leader making almost double what the low guys make. The assistant makes pretty good as well. And if I have to be inside to supervise part of a project, my rate is at least double the crew leaders .... So how do you track all that to see if the project

A. Paid for all the direct expenses.

B. paid for its share of the over head expenses

C. After both of those, paid for and added funds to the appropriate maintenance and depression accounts based on equipment usage

D. The after all that see if it made a profit

Sap support been good? Well I like all the guys over there. 48 hours is a joke. I need to get my work done, and don't need to be held up with them waiting 48 hours for a fix or solution or work around on something they should have gotten right before they released it.

Their current estimating system is broken in parts. It's fricken bidding season. Wtf, where was the thought process.?

CLS_Birmingham
02-20-2013, 12:22 AM
Advanced job costing- like if I had a patio job, needed to track all the materials, all delivery costs, all the paperwork cost, add in all the labor ( and remember with a construction crew each guy for sure has a different pay rate). My maintenance crews have similar pay with minor differences. The landscape crew has a crew leader making almost double what the low guys make. The assistant makes pretty good as well. And if I have to be inside to supervise part of a project, my rate is at least double the crew leaders .... So how do you track all that to see if the project

A. Paid for all the direct expenses.

B. paid for its share of the over head expenses

C. After both of those, paid for and added funds to the appropriate maintenance and depression accounts based on equipment usage

D. The after all that see if it made a profit

Sap support been good? Well I like all the guys over there. 48 hours is a joke. I need to get my work done, and don't need to be held up with them waiting 48 hours for a fix or solution or work around on something they should have gotten right before they released it.

Their current estimating system is broken in parts. It's fricken bidding season. Wtf, where was the thought process.?

I agree with you on everything above. I've never used Jobber or QXpress but do they they even come close to offering anything like that??

Clean Cut Lawns
02-20-2013, 01:27 AM
I agree with you on everything above. I've never used Jobber or QXpress but do they they even come close to offering anything like that??

Qxpress was good with job costing you could track as much as you wanted too but its not Moblie and i don't see it being updated since it was sold to a different company ....if they would just give me the ability to track time with out the paper and pen method then having to enter that I would stay.....

racin240
02-20-2013, 08:57 AM
what about lawn pro software

Holleywood
02-20-2013, 09:48 AM
No!
Posted via Mobile Device

BLC1
03-02-2013, 10:14 PM
SnyderLawns, have you made any progress? Curious to see how you are making out

cbservicesllc
03-02-2013, 11:36 PM
The Start/Stop function through Service Auto Pilot works great....... when it works... I've only had SAP for 2 months and I'm not really happy with it. I don't have an office person and it's a bit clumsy to run from a tablet. Even at a computer the thing seems to run SLLLLLLLOW!! The snow dispatching piece is garbage (and they admitted this to me). Especially for commercial sites, I may have two or three trucks assigned, even when they clock in/out I go back and it says 12AM to 12AM for each truck.

Jobber, any ETA on Clock In/Out for each job? You may have my business pretty quick...

bohiaa
03-03-2013, 12:49 AM
I would love to see a USER friendly Program. ONe can can be changed for the services that a person/Company needs. WE here in TEXAS don't do snow plowing. But we do. irrigation. I would like to see these "add-on's " If you will.

I would like to see one that simply worked. I have been with lawnpro. and it's a joke. I checked out jogger. and I really dont like it. I went ot groundskeeper and it's user interface is for children....

I an using an old lawnpro program. BUT. I am going to start working on my own one............

Jobber
03-03-2013, 11:58 PM
Hey cbservicesllc: Start/Stop Timers are on their way! We recently made some pretty significant improvements to time tracking in Jobber, and are approaching some of the changes in a phased approach. The next phase will be to add the start and stop timers into the mix.

Cheers!
Sam @ Jobber

danthony
11-05-2013, 11:18 AM
I know this post has been closed in awhile, but checking the following.

SAP... is their act together since they released the 'flawed' version earlier this year? Timeclock is it working?

Jobber... is there 'timeclock' functioning well? the on/off should be implemented and easy to use by now i assume.

Jobber
11-05-2013, 11:58 AM
Hey danthony,

We've put a lot of work into our Time Tracking feature and our customers are loving it! One of the great options we have now is Timers, so you and your team can really easily clock in and out of specific Jobs or even custom defined time codes throughout the day.

Here's our blog post announcing timers: http://blog.getjobber.com/2013/06/clock-in-and-clock-out-with-timers/

And here's the documentation with some additional information: http://docs.getjobber.com/timesheets/#using_timers

Cheers!
Sam @ Jobber

danthony
11-05-2013, 12:36 PM
Sam,

How is the GPS tracking coming? I am really wanting to have this feature available if possible and I saw it is in the works. That is another feature I was also looking at pretty heavily.

thanks

appeltaylor1
11-05-2013, 04:17 PM
Service Autopilot

Jobber
11-05-2013, 04:33 PM
danthony —*It's coming! We have the foundation of the GPS tracking functionality under active development and it will definitely be included in an upcoming product update, however I can't provide any exact timeframes for you at the moment.

Cheers,
Sam @ Jobber

cbservicesllc
11-06-2013, 07:51 AM
I know this post has been closed in awhile, but checking the following.

SAP... is their act together since they released the 'flawed' version earlier this year? Timeclock is it working?

Jobber... is there 'timeclock' functioning well? the on/off should be implemented and easy to use by now i assume.

I would say SAP has made improvements since rolling out the update. If I've run into any issues I have been able to call them/online chat and they resolve it pretty quick. They did delay their upgraded snow system and native mobile app in order to make all the fixes, but that's probably a decent trade off.