PDA

View Full Version : Backfill behind embedded Versa Lok

scogdell
12-28-2012, 11:32 PM
Hi,

The Versa Lok bulletins emphasize the importance of backfill behind the embedded/buried layer and recommend native back soil. Because the backfill is so important, wouldn't it be better to use CR8 for this backfill rather than soil? It would cost more but to me seems better. My wall is 4 foot at highest point and I bury a full 6" layer.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

scogdell
01-03-2013, 04:29 PM
Hi

Still hoping to get a response soon.

In addition to my original post, my wall is going to be about 2 feet most of the length. I will have drainage pipe and about 12" of drain aggregate along the entire length.

There is about 16 feet length that will be a little shy of 4' high. I am using geo grid on this section going about 4' back.

I then need to backfill about 3' high to put a paver side walk. Rather than backfill with soil, I want to backfill with the crusher run and compact it as I build up. I think this will provide a much better solution as I will have much less settling. The walkway is about 4 feet wide that will run the length of the wall.

Do any of you experts have any guidance on my plan?

Thank you
Steve

DVS Hardscaper
01-04-2013, 12:40 AM
we usually use crusher run to embed the base course of block.

DVS Hardscaper
01-04-2013, 12:43 AM
Hi

Still hoping to get a response soon.

In addition to my original post, my wall is going to be about 2 feet most of the length. I will have drainage pipe and about 12" of drain aggregate along the entire length.

There is about 16 feet length that will be a little shy of 4' high. I am using geo grid on this section going about 4' back.

I then need to backfill about 3' high to put a paver side walk. Rather than backfill with soil, I want to backfill with the crusher run and compact it as I build up. I think this will provide a much better solution as I will have much less settling. The walkway is about 4 feet wide that will run the length of the wall.

Do any of you experts have any guidance on my plan?

Thank you
Steve

Howdy Neighbor. So are you a contractor or a home owner?

Yes, you can backfill the wall with crusher run and place a pavement over the aggregate.

scogdell
01-04-2013, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the response. I am a homeowner. I have done several walls in the past with good results but this is my first wall that will host a raised paver walkway. More questions likely to come.

Thanks again.
Steve