PDA

View Full Version : Kawi question

PineyPower
12-29-2012, 01:39 PM
This past summer I bought a new John Deere QuikTrac 647 with a 22 hp kawi on it. Love the machine but on e oddity about it. After running a full throtle for a while, I have to let it sit at a low idle wait a good 4 minutes to shut it off or it will back fire. Now, I have a lot of experience with carbs amd such so I'm thinking its an adjustmest issue. Or is this the way the machine is supossed to run? Thanks

BigFish
12-29-2012, 04:05 PM
Now I have a lot of experience with carbs and such, so I'm thinking its not an adjustment issue. What are ya gonna adjust?

It more than likely is the anti-afterfire solenoid ( fuel solenoid) that is probably sticking open, or not seating , due to crud, etc.
Pull the solenoid and check it out.

You also wanna pull the shroud and make sure the head/cyl fins are clear of debris.

PineyPower
12-29-2012, 04:09 PM
Ok. Ill check that. And as for adjustments, I have an '84 f150 with a carb and more pollution stuff in the world on it. With that the truck will run at a high idle for a while to clear the cylinders and such. It horrible. But anyways, I the pollution stuff on this engine and wasn't sure if it was in the same boat.
Posted via Mobile Device