PDA

View Full Version : Need a new 72" or 60" mower Which Brand

devinraptor
12-30-2012, 07:48 PM
I am in the market for a new mower. I prefer the 72" but if you guys prefer the 60" I am open to hear why. I currently run Exmarks, Toro, Wright & Walker. My current 72" is a Exmark but I wanted to know what brand you guys suggest. A friend of mine is a Ferris distributor and is offering me a killer deal on a new one. But I don't want to lose quality or reliability.

LandFakers
12-30-2012, 07:58 PM
Demo demo demo. If you like exmarks then I would stick with them, but I have been known to like a mower based on the price tag

devinraptor
12-30-2012, 09:41 PM
I like the cut of the Exmark just disappointed with its reliability. In 2000 hours I have replaced 3 Hydro pumps, 1 wheel motor, two clutches, and two spindles. I realize some of this is normal but 3 hydro pumps in 2000 hours seemed excessive.

crazyflyboy30
01-01-2013, 08:41 PM
I am in the market for a new mower. I prefer the 72" but if you guys prefer the 60" I am open to hear why. I currently run Exmarks, Toro, Wright & Walker. My current 72" is a Exmark but I wanted to know what brand you guys suggest. A friend of mine is a Ferris distributor and is offering me a killer deal on a new one. But I don't want to lose quality or reliability.

I know that the biggest baddest thing will no't work for ever one but you use a 72'' now so I would no't go small if I was you.Has for me I use a 61'' cut that was bigger than 2 dealers said I need for commercial grass cutting they both said to get a 48'' cut my other mower is 54'' so I was no't going to go smaller .As for the brand I do like Ferris with a Vangard maybe your friend will sell one at a killer deal.

gene gls
01-02-2013, 09:02 PM
I like the cut of the Exmark just disappointed with its reliability. In 2000 hours I have replaced 3 Hydro pumps, 1 wheel motor, two clutches, and two spindles. I realize some of this is normal but 3 hydro pumps in 2000 hours seemed excessive.

Thats not bad for 2000 hours. Don't buy a Hustler or you will really have something to talk about.
A friend of mine loves his Ferris, 3 of them.

sjessen
01-02-2013, 09:13 PM

3 pumps in that many hours does seem excessive.

scotts lawn care
01-02-2013, 10:22 PM
Have you considered John Deere? Demo one. Do you want a gas or diesel?