PDA

View Full Version : wholesale christmas light companies ... contact info

CobraRob
12-30-2012, 10:17 PM
I am already preparing for next year. During the hollidays we do christmas decorations. I need a good place to buy WHOLESALE christmas lights.

Thank you in advance!

Rob

CobraRob
01-02-2013, 09:47 PM
WOW no one?

Hope Landscaping
01-02-2013, 10:48 PM
I was recommended Holidynamics. Here's the link:
http://www.holidynamics.com/
Hope it helps.

GreenI.A.
01-03-2013, 03:54 AM
Your going to find that most of us here closely guard our supplier information. We give enough information that you should be able to find everything though. We just do not like to give it away on a silver platter. If you do some searches and read through the threads you will find it though.

Here is a link to a recent thread where we explain to another poster why we do not discuss this information as opennly as you will see vendors discussed in other areas of lawnsite.
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=391964

In that linked thread it is summed up pretty simply by comparing our vendors to john deere vx exmark. Your customer doesn't care what brand commercial mower you use, because it makes little difference in the quality of the cut. But in our industry, the brand of commercial product is exactly what sets us apart from our competitors

David Gretzmier
01-03-2013, 11:14 AM
There is mainly the pricing issue. I use my name as my handle here, and while I can recommend Holidynamics as well, they have a contractor pricing level and retail. I really don't need my customers knowing exactly where I get my products and what I pay for clips, wreaths, etc. And they do look for me by the way. they google your name and your business name and check you out. They read your posts on boards. So while I am happy to discuss what I charge customers retail and what overhead costs and etc. on a public board, and maybe marketing companies I use, I no longer reveal my costs of goods sold or where I buy them.

Customers will read this info and use it against you to try and get your price down. funny thing is, they ignore the discussions on the internet on the costs of this business, the insurance, building overhead and truck, gas expense and pretend that dies not exist when it comes to pricing. They only want to know what you "paid" for it.

hotrod1965
01-03-2013, 07:56 PM
I am already preparing for next year. During the hollidays we do christmas decorations. I need a good place to buy WHOLESALE christmas lights.

Thank you in advance!

Rob

Send me a PM and I will help you out.

CobraRob
01-03-2013, 10:17 PM
Wow.... intresting... really???? Im not asking for prices. Im asking for information on where and whom to contact. Example Call bob at ________. Does this board not have a personal message frature! PM me

Thank you a BUNCH for those that can help.

CobraRob
01-03-2013, 10:31 PM
Is there a minimum number of posts to be able to use the PM feature?

CobraRob
01-03-2013, 10:32 PM
For those who can help id like to send a PM..... Thank you guys!

CleanCut1
01-03-2013, 10:44 PM
Christmas Designers has an ad on this site. Check them out. Quality product, good selection, excellent service and a wholesale pricing program.

I also recommend contacting Chad Heese with Brite Ideas.

CobraRob
01-03-2013, 11:08 PM
Thank you guys im new to this forum. Looks like I'll be catching up on reading in my spare time! Whos got spare time sheesh. LOL

SO how many posts till I can PM....? Or do I need a moderator!

:-)

GreenI.A.
01-03-2013, 11:26 PM
I'm not trying to **** and I do apologize as I'm sure that is how I came off above and in the thread I attached. But my source for products is what sets me apart from my local competitors. You don't have a location listed, for all I know you may be the guy up the street who lost jobs to me because he was pushing lights and displays from the bigbox stores, and now you are trying to get into a more professional product. Even if you are not local to me, by posting that information here, we are making it clearly accessible to any of our local competitors who know how to use google.

You will see us reference the big distributors by either the initials of the company name, for example CD, HD, HBL, or some times by there locations if it is distinct, ie or friend mike in NE. If you do a search or just browse through the first few pages of the holiday treads you will find these answers very simply.

turf hokie
01-04-2013, 08:28 AM
You will need 10 posts to be able to private message.

Where are you located?

CobraRob
01-04-2013, 10:04 PM
Thanx guys.... I do appreciate the info.

CobraRob
01-04-2013, 10:07 PM
GreenI A... No prob you at all. Your just protecting your business and sources. I do not blame you... Oh and im not the guy up the street! :-)

:-)

CobraRob
01-04-2013, 10:08 PM
Turf Hokie.... with everyone being "secret" I guess I can not post where im located.... Wink!

CobraRob
01-04-2013, 10:17 PM
Wow 350 reads and few people posting... I guess people do alot of reading!

CobraRob
01-04-2013, 10:18 PM
Did I hit the 10 post mark? ;-)

hotrod1965
01-04-2013, 11:38 PM
You have 12 now.

turf hokie
01-05-2013, 10:49 AM
Turf Hokie.... with everyone being "secret" I guess I can not post where im located.... Wink!

Just means even less help if we dont know where you are.....

CobraRob
01-05-2013, 01:46 PM
ok I have 12 and still cant recieve or send PM's Whos a mod on the site? Thanx guys

CobraRob
01-05-2013, 09:55 PM
Figured it out.... 10 Posts and 10 days! NOOOO Prob! Rollin ROllin Rollin!

PlantscapeSolutions
01-13-2013, 03:01 AM
Christmas Designers has an ad on this site. Check them out. Quality product, good selection, excellent service and a wholesale pricing program.

I also recommend contacting Chad Heese with Brite Ideas.

This was my first year using Christmas Designers and I probably spent 20K with them. I dealt with Tricia mostly who I think was in SC but I talked to Jason a few times who was here in Texas about 4 hours away.

DalesLanscaping
03-20-2013, 11:21 AM
Please PM with that info as well

Thank You

PlantscapeSolutions
03-20-2013, 12:19 PM
Please PM with that info as well

Thank You

If you Google them you can get the contact info off their website. Once you set up an account they can give you pricing info. I'm not sure who it is but in PA someone else has mentioned another importer as well.

JaxMatt
07-04-2013, 12:53 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

ozziesstang
07-30-2013, 11:59 AM
I too am interested in buying commercial LED lights at wholesale prices. I work for a municipality and am not a contractor. I have to iluminate a few city buildings the main one is the City Hall complex. Budgeting being tough as it is I just want to be able to save a little money. Anyone who wants to share some info feel free to PM me. Thanks

hotrod1965
08-11-2013, 01:25 PM
PM sent to you ozzie with our wholesale info.

BPS##
08-30-2013, 09:11 PM
PM sent to you ozzie with our wholesale info.

Can I get a PM too? Thanks!

jada86
09-13-2013, 03:48 PM
I'd like a PM too.

hotrod1965
09-27-2013, 06:58 PM
We have a specific website with our wholesale pricing. If anyone is interested please PM me.

I won't post the link at this time, as some folks don't like having wholesale prices posted for the general public.

PlantscapeSolutions
09-28-2013, 01:25 AM
We have a specific website with our wholesale pricing. If anyone is interested please PM me.

I won't post the link at this time, as some folks don't like having wholesale prices posted for the general public.

LED's with a one year warranty from an unknown company is going to be a hard sell to experienced guys. Too many people have had issues. It's hard to compete against places like Christmas Designers who have a three season warranty and not just a one year (six weeks basically).

hotrod1965
09-28-2013, 02:11 AM
LED's with a one year warranty from an unknown company is going to be a hard sell to experienced guys. Too many people have had issues. It's hard to compete against places like Christmas Designers who have a three season warranty and not just a one year (six weeks basically).

We are hardly an unknown company. In fact, we have been members here longer than you have. We just haven't pushed our wholesale program that much. You make more money on retail. We've been in the LED Christmas light business since 2007, both as an installer and a retailer. Before last season, we sold off our installation part of the business.

Our warranty is actually a three year tiered warranty. It appears my web guy has messed up on the last site update. On our retail site the warranty reads:

"All holiday light strands have a three year limited warranty. Lights are covered at 100% of replacement cost for the first year, 50% of replacement cost for year two and 33% replacement cost for year three. A year is defined as one 90 day lighting season. Lights installed longer than 90 days are void of warranty"

We have made the decision to offer a lower price point on our lights vs. having a full 3 year warranty. Our lights are top quality with very low fail rates.

I'd be happy to answer any other questions you may have.

PlantscapeSolutions
09-28-2013, 10:52 AM
We are hardly an unknown company. In fact, we have been members here longer than you have. We just haven't pushed our wholesale program that much. You make more money on retail. We've been in the LED Christmas light business since 2007, both as an installer and a retailer. Before last season, we sold off our installation part of the business.

Our warranty is actually a three year tiered warranty. It appears my web guy has messed up on the last site update. On our retail site the warranty reads:

"All holiday light strands have a three year limited warranty. Lights are covered at 100% of replacement cost for the first year, 50% of replacement cost for year two and 33% replacement cost for year three. A year is defined as one 90 day lighting season. Lights installed longer than 90 days are void of warranty"

We have made the decision to offer a lower price point on our lights vs. having a full 3 year warranty. Our lights are top quality with very low fail rates.

I'd be happy to answer any other questions you may have.

Your prices aren't too much higher then Christmas Designers tier three. But they do a full three years with no prorating. The prorating may send the message that you think that by season three your faith in the product is diminished by 2/3rds. Three years is only about 630 hours of use.

Selling lights with a warranty at all I realize is risky. You don't know what the end user is going to use the lights for and the folks in China have been known to get many companies in LED hot water over the years.

I'm small time compared to some of the other heavy hitters on here. I think I spent $25K on lights last year. But for me if I'm going to spend that kind of money I need my supplier to have more skin in the game. Because of all the LED horror stories over the years it's probably difficult to pick up much market share against the established companies who you know have been around and won't go out of business or conveniently change their name and void warranties.

I'm all for having more suppliers. Competition is a good thing so I hope you do well for the long run.I'm not trying to flame you but merely give you my honest feedback.

This industry is interesting where you constatly have companies with their reputations getting better and others going down hill. One year they have a premium $1500 membership to filter out the Joe Blows and then a few years later the front door is open to anyone with pocket change and a step ladder.

hotrod1965
09-28-2013, 11:43 AM
1. We make it easy for companies of all sizes to get good pricing. You don't have to buy full cases, or even have $10K orders to get the best pricing. You can be a small company starting out and get great pricing on lights. This helps you be competitive when you are starting out. We all know how tough this industry is. The trade off on this is offer the warranty the way we do. When you are a wholesaler, and have a three year warranty and charge people more for smaller orders, you are basically pinning the warranty cost on your smaller orders.
When you look at order distributions, there are not a lot of people hitting your top tiers and getting your best pricing.

2. There are a lot of LED horror stories in the commercial install market simply because folks went out and bought the cheapest lights without doing any testing. I never ran into a single issue when I was an installer. Why? Because my first year, I bought from a bunch of different suppliers and I tested the lights. I found what worked better than anything. Now for the last four years, we have been direct importing these lights.

3. We have been growing like crazy since day one. So we are not going anywhere anytime soon. I would recommend you check out Planet Christmas and read up on our reputation. We have hundreds and hundreds of customers there that are happy.

I really appreciate the feedback! We know where we are going with our business and listening to our customers and potential customers is what drives us there. So keep the questions and comments coming.