PDA

View Full Version : Pgh. Stone 2012 Projects

Pittsburgh Stone83
12-30-2012, 11:00 PM
Some pics of some projects from the last year.

Pittsburgh Stone83
12-30-2012, 11:10 PM
More project pictures from the past year.

DVS Hardscaper
12-30-2012, 11:14 PM
Looks Great!

Pittsburgh Stone83
12-30-2012, 11:14 PM
Some more pictures from the past year.

Red Shed Landscaping
12-31-2012, 01:49 AM
Those are awesome! Wish I could get people around here to want to do those type of projects. I would love to be able to be creative like that and use other types of pavers besides plain old cobblestone.

alldayrj
12-31-2012, 10:35 AM
Nice stuff. Is that unilock? Whats it like to work with? I picked up a catalog the other day and really want to sell some. I also need to start designing some double borders into my projects. Can you get some closeups of the double borders in a curve?
Posted via Mobile Device

Groomer
12-31-2012, 03:23 PM
Serious WOW factor. Beautiful stuff. Really like the large, flat stone in the first pic.

Pittsburgh Stone83
12-31-2012, 05:29 PM
Nice stuff. Is that unilock? Whats it like to work with? I picked up a catalog the other day and really want to sell some. I also need to start designing some double borders into my projects. Can you get some closeups of the double borders in a curve?
Posted via Mobile Device

Most of them are Unilock projects. It's a great and consistent product to work with. They have more options then anybody else.

jbailey52
01-01-2013, 09:08 AM
Beautiful. I especially like your different use of border pieces.

zedosix
01-01-2013, 10:36 AM
Great work, I mean who are these people with the homes like that! Looks to me like there is some money still floating around out there!

DVS Hardscaper
01-01-2013, 11:28 AM
We have a long time family friend in the Pitt area that builds those types of homes. He became a millionair there. Although I don't know what he calls his biz.
Posted via Mobile Device

zedosix
01-01-2013, 11:40 AM
You need to hook up with him!

TomG
01-01-2013, 04:51 PM
Wow, great work. Looks really nice. And yea those homes are nuts!

Murphy's Law
01-02-2013, 01:39 PM
First off, great work! Quick question.

3rd and 4th picture with the Unilock Town Hall pavers (I think that's their name) the ones that are meant to look like an old 4x8 waterstruck brick. Did you find you had a hard time keeping straight bond lines. I did a project with them this year in herringbone and no matter how hard I tried to keep lazer straight bond lines, I wasn't able to. I mean they were straight but not lazer straight. The lines look like yours in the 3rd pic. I kind of figured that with the way the paver is made with the bottom portion different that the upper portion then they were made to look "off." Did that make sense?

Pittsburgh Stone83
01-03-2013, 02:18 PM
First off, great work! Quick question.

3rd and 4th picture with the Unilock Town Hall pavers (I think that's their name) the ones that are meant to look like an old 4x8 waterstruck brick. Did you find you had a hard time keeping straight bond lines. I did a project with them this year in herringbone and no matter how hard I tried to keep lazer straight bond lines, I wasn't able to. I mean they were straight but not lazer straight. The lines look like yours in the 3rd pic. I kind of figured that with the way the paver is made with the bottom portion different that the upper portion then they were made to look "off." Did that make sense?

Thank you for the compliments guys. And to answer your question, that brick is a smaller version of the Town Hall which is copthorne from Unilock. Which is a bigger ***** to keep on bond. So to answer your question, yes it was difficult lining the edges up on the string line

Murphy's Law
01-03-2013, 05:57 PM
Glad it wasn't just me. FYI, that town hall paver is 2 3/4" thick with wide joints and I got about 25 sq ft out of a 50 lb bag of poly sand. Unilock rep told me that it would get about 60 sq ft out of a 50 lb bag. On a 900 q ft pavement that difference added up quick.