PDA

View Full Version : Let's get the FACEBOOK LIKES rolling

Pages : [1] 2

grasshopperslawn
12-30-2012, 11:21 PM
Hey let's help each other out by liking each others page on facebook hopefully we can get a few hundred likes on our pages by liking each other. Here's my face book page like it and I will like you back and everybody who sees this thread should like the facebook pages that get added .
Let's start a chain reaction!!

www.facebook.com/grasshopperslawn

dstifel
12-31-2012, 12:12 AM
Mines fairly new and still working on it but any likes would be appreciated.

grasshopperslawn
12-31-2012, 12:17 AM
What is your facebook page

dstifel
12-31-2012, 12:21 AM
Just liked your page having trouble copying the URL off my phone right now not sure why.

herler
12-31-2012, 12:44 AM
Sorry, I don't believe in taking short cuts, I would rather do things the hard way.

Ray_Lawns
12-31-2012, 12:45 AM
I'm in although I just made mine this morning and am adding pics right now.

http://www.facebook.com/RayLandscapeServices

slawn
12-31-2012, 11:42 AM
not sure if link will work WWW.Facebook.com/smithlawnservice
Hadn't done much with it lately.
Can't paste a link with this cheap phone.

KrayzKajun
12-31-2012, 11:47 AM
Dont have facebook, so i cant help yall. Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

tonygreek
12-31-2012, 12:02 PM
not sure if link will work WWW.Facebook.com/smithlawnservice
You'll want to add a "Page" for your business and not rely on a personal account. For a variety of reasons, liking a page is quite different than a personal friend request.

inzane
12-31-2012, 12:13 PM
https://www.facebook.com/SharplawnsTurfCare

krzys555
12-31-2012, 12:15 PM
https://www.facebook.com/zawadzkilandscaping

gallihergreen
12-31-2012, 01:44 PM
Dont have facebook, so i cant help yall. Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Same here. Never had an interest in that social network mess.
Posted via Mobile Device

KrayzKajun
12-31-2012, 01:47 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Bingo. Too many ex girlfriends
Posted via Mobile Device

inzane
12-31-2012, 02:19 PM
i'm not a fan of it myself, but i got my business on there. i'd be doing good if i can get my wife off that crap. :)

Ray_Lawns
12-31-2012, 02:23 PM
Feel free to look at mine and like it if you want to, no big deal if you don't want to.

Sean Adams
12-31-2012, 02:40 PM
Hey let's help each other out by liking each others page on facebook hopefully we can get a few hundred likes on our pages by liking each other. Here's my face book page like it and I will like you back and everybody who sees this thread should like the facebook pages that get added .

I liked your page - very nice set up btw....

Sean Adams
12-31-2012, 02:44 PM
Social media is here to stay. Right now it is still a little confusing for some on how to utilize social media like Facebook and Twitter to help grow their lawn and landscape business, but if done properly, can be a big boost.

When FB and Twitter become even more intertwined into search results, it will really be important to have a presence.

Just think, 15-20 years ago, many people in this industry said that having a web site was a waste of time and money.

Bottom line, people don't use maps, newspapers or yellow pages any more to find what they need. They use the internet, and now, more specifically, they use their hand-held device to quickly find exactly what they need.

grasshopperslawn
12-31-2012, 02:50 PM
@ Sean Adams Thanks I appreciate it . Check out our web site @ grasshoppersonline.com and tell me what you think.

gallihergreen
12-31-2012, 03:05 PM
Sean,

I'm sure I'll have to get on FaceBook and Twitter eventually, but I'm dreading it. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Sean Adams
12-31-2012, 03:32 PM
@ Sean Adams Thanks I appreciate it . Check out our web site @ grasshoppersonline.com and tell me what you think.

I really like the look and lay-out of your site - very clean, very professional looking and easy to navigate.

I can certainly make a few minor suggestions on changes if you would like...

Sean Adams
12-31-2012, 03:33 PM
Sean,

I'm sure I'll have to get on FaceBook and Twitter eventually, but I'm dreading it. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

I know, soon it will be a necessary evil, but the good news is the price tag....$0

grasshopperslawn
12-31-2012, 03:46 PM
Sure Suggest away.

grasshopperslawn
12-31-2012, 03:48 PM
I had the website done by lawn care marketing expert . I met him when I went for a lawn care round table ie: meeting of the minds at the Service auto Pilot offices in Texas this past September. Andrew Potoschnick

Sean Adams
12-31-2012, 03:59 PM
The lay out is nice, like I said, easy to look at and easy to navigate.

Issue I have is the content - the home page specifically. There has to be a happy medium between professional necessary content and content that will aide with search engine positioning.

I would get rid of the following:

mowing sounds like a simple enough thing. But how you mow, when you mow, and even what you do with the clippings can make a big difference in how your lawn performs. In fact, how you mow the lawn is probably the most underrated and overlooked part of good Lawn Care.

It starts with grass height. The biggest mowing mistake the typical person makes is cutting grass too short. Some people even scalp the lawn, using the putting-green look as the ideal model. But this is actually not healthy for your lawn.

Grasshoppers Handles Both Residential & Commercial Lawn Accounts.

Whether you are a home owner, or a business owner, we have you covered. Grasshopper Lawns offers a wide variety of services designed to enhance the beauty of your property.

At Grasshopper Lawns our Mulching Mowers do an excellent job of chopping the clippings into small pieces. Even ordinary side-discharge mowers disperse clippings well enough to let them lie when you mow at frequent enough intervals. Again we suggest weekly Lawn mowing for a beautiful healthy lawns.

And instead lead-in with this....

We Guarantee Your 100% Satisfaction with Our Services

Grasshopper Lawns is a Professional Lawn Care company. We know what it takes to do the job right, and we know how to make our customers happy. We do this by offering our customers a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If you are not happy with any of our services, simply contact us and we will do whatever it takes to ensure you are satisfied with the results.

At Grasshopper, we know you have many choices when it comes to Lawn & Landscaping Service Providers, and we appreciate the business you give us. We promise to take care of your lawn as if you were doing the work yourself. Give Grasshopper a Call, and see how we can make your Lawn & Landscaping Dreams come true!

Also, until you have better pictures to place on the site, I would get rid of the "Our Work" section altogether.

This is just my opinion. If you would like to discuss in more detail feel free to email me at sean@lawncaresuccess.com

What most "experts" and "gurus" unfortunately fail to explain or teach is that how you appear online is important, but being found is ultimately more important than a perfect appearance.

I'd rather have a so-so site that is easy to find by my target audience than a great looking site that is only found by people intentionally looking for it.

grasshopperslawn
12-31-2012, 04:03 PM
Thanks Sean

grasshopperslawn
12-31-2012, 04:04 PM
Just curious I am on here looking for an introduction letter . that I would like to send out with some bid packets . Do you have any

Sean Adams
12-31-2012, 04:08 PM
Yes, I have a lot of different types of letters, for both residential and commercial.

kawasaki guy
12-31-2012, 04:15 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

I only us Facebook for advertising and to win stuff... :laugh:

grasshopperslawn
12-31-2012, 04:36 PM
Mr. Sean can you email me a few @ [grasshopperslawn@gmail.com[/email]. Commercial and residential. Please

headz77
12-31-2012, 04:39 PM
Ross NW Watergardens facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ross-NW-Watergardens/440376552660336

kawasaki guy
12-31-2012, 04:45 PM
Link to my page in signature. Tell me what you think Sean.

krzys555
12-31-2012, 04:53 PM
Yes, I have a lot of different types of letters, for both residential and commercial.

i am also looking for a letter to go with a bid packet.
residential only, were not focused on commercial.
chris@zawadzkilandscaping.com

Gilmore.Landscaping
12-31-2012, 04:58 PM
Good idea....http://www.facebook.com/pages/Heritage-Stoneworks/121616967904696

krzys555
12-31-2012, 04:59 PM
grasshopper
i noticed you offer cuts for $25.
just curious of what size properties you service. are they all about the same.
do your prices go up or do they stay the same.
our properties vary greatly fro 10k up to 2 acres in 2 blocks.
some are smaller, we start at $25 for the small houses

Schrock Lawns
12-31-2012, 05:22 PM
heres mine half the pictures on it arnt mine i dident have that many from this season ill change them when i get more oh well.... http://www.facebook.com/SchrockLawnscapes?ref=hl

JContracting
12-31-2012, 05:25 PM
http://www.facebook.com/MJWLandscapeContractingLLC

tonygreek
12-31-2012, 05:36 PM
New Years Resolution Time: Get your Facebook Pages in shape and understand how their marketing and status reach actually works.

Visually, there is a banner area you have to work with, as well as a profile picture. Keep in mind that, if you're using the cover/banner image area to get across a marketing message, that the profile picture partially overlays it. I've seen a few that have part of their message covered because this wasn't accounted for. Same goes for using an appropriate picture for your Page profile pic. That one is a square image. Design a profile pic that is square so that it doesn't get jammed into it or proportionally thrown off by Facebook's image processing.

Profile Image: 160px X 160px

Cover Image (aka the banner image): 851px X 315px

Work with these sizes in mind and you're good to go.

kawasaki guy
12-31-2012, 06:11 PM
I know, soon it will be a necessary evil, but the good news is the price tag....$0

could you tell me what you think of my page fb page please sean?

tonygreek
12-31-2012, 06:31 PM
could you tell me what you think of my page fb page please sean?
I'm not Sean, but I would suggest making better use of your profile pic and cover image area. That area effectively counts for 50% of the viewable area and 100% of the "brandable" area on the most popular screen resolution, which is being used to show a tulip and your truncated yard sign as a profile pic. You'd be better served to think of that as your Page's billboard and design and craft your marketing message accordingly. For working examples, take a look at Google Image Search (https://www.google.com/search?num=10&hl=en&safe=off&authuser=0&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1366&bih=653&q=facebook+page+cover&oq=facebook+page+cover). If you see Corona's, they do a great job of working the profile pic with the cover image.

Take a look at my post above and you'll see the dimensions that will best work.

kawasaki guy
12-31-2012, 06:55 PM
I'm not Sean, but I would suggest making better use of your profile pic and cover image area. That area effectively counts for 50% of the viewable area and 100% of the "brandable" area on the most popular screen resolution, which is being used to show a tulip and your truncated yard sign as a profile pic. You'd be better served to think of that as your Page's billboard and design and craft your marketing message accordingly. For working examples, take a look at Google Image Search (https://www.google.com/search?num=10&hl=en&safe=off&authuser=0&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1366&bih=653&q=facebook+page+cover&oq=facebook+page+cover). If you see Corona's, they do a great job of working the profile pic with the cover image.

Take a look at my post above and you'll see the dimensions that will best work.

Thanks! do you think pic of a a clients house with the business name as the cover pic, and resizing the existing cover photo would look good?

twobroslawns
12-31-2012, 07:40 PM
I liked all of the ones posted so far. Please check mine out!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ideal-Landscape-Group/216678418406310?ref=hl

wstrick1
12-31-2012, 07:40 PM
https://www.facebook.com/strick.scapes
Great idea! Thank you Grasshopper :weightlifter:

herler
12-31-2012, 08:17 PM
Yeah I get it, I appreciate what is going on too, it's not about being old fashioned or whether I have a FB page or not, it's that I consider this type of behavior spamming and that isn't something I want to associate myself with so if my customers don't want to like my page so be it because I'll die of hunger before I lower myself to these standards.

Triton2286
12-31-2012, 08:48 PM
http://www.facebook.com/KOContracting

Sean Adams
12-31-2012, 09:17 PM
Yeah I get it, I appreciate what is going on too, it's not about being old fashioned or whether I have a FB page or not, it's that I consider this type of behavior spamming and that isn't something I want to associate myself with so if my customers don't want to like my page so be it because I'll die of hunger before I lower myself to these standards.

Peers likeing your facebook page is "spam" and "lower standards"? Not sure I follow...

Ray_Lawns
01-01-2013, 01:45 AM
I don't personally think of it as "spamming". The way I am doing this is I go and check out the page and see what it looks like and check out the pics and see how the work looks and if I like then I click. If I don't really like or care for it i go on and I hope others treat my page the same way. I see it more as a hand up not a hand out.

Triton2286
01-01-2013, 01:51 AM
Well it certainly isn't spamming, that word doesn't make any sense.

And the guys that are saying it's a dumb idea are clearly not on facebook. If a page "likes" another page, the likes don't go up. It just shows up on your page that you liked it.

When I use my page to like thing's, it's for company's that I buy equipment from so people see I use good equipment and I get updates from those companies.

tonygreek
01-01-2013, 09:37 AM
Yeah I get it, I appreciate what is going on too
Now we're talkin'!
it's not about being old fashioned or whether I have a FB page or not, it's that I consider this type of behavior spamming and that isn't something I want to associate myself with so if my customers don't want to like my page so be it because I'll die of hunger before I lower myself to these standards.
Uh-oh... This completely contradicts your opening comment. Not only is it not "spammy", it's 100% opt-in.

It reads a bit dramatic, so I would have to guess there's some misunderstanding as to what's going on here. "I'll die of hunger before I lower myself to these standards." is not only overly dramatic, but it implies every other person here is doing something wrong, which is in no way the case. What do you think is occurring here that leads you to your conclusion?

Here's what is happening: As a courtesy, the businesses are liking each other's Page. The result? People will see that X number of people/businesses have liked a Page. If it does anything, it might kick-start a herd mentality in that "Hey, 12 Likes for this Page? Cool, I guess I'll Like it, too.". That's pretty much the sum gain. There is very little SEO benefit here, there is no spamming, there is no gaming of anything. It actually accomplishes very, very little. Search Engines do use Likes as a signal, but it's so low as to be inconsequential. For this, you can actually blame spammer abuse. SEO-wise, there are 100 other things people should concentrate on before getting to Likes on their list of things to accomplish.

When I read the OPs initial post, a topic that comes up on Lawnsite frequently enough (Here's my FB Page, please like it.), I was wondering if anyone would follow up his "Hey let's help each other out by liking each others page on facebook" with the simple question of "How does that help each other out?". To me, the biggest gain is idea sharing of how people are marketing their own Pages.

In the web sub-forum, I started a New Year's Resolution thread (http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=394049) that partially addresses Facebook marketing.

jaec
01-01-2013, 10:36 AM
I like the idea. Started my page last month, check me out http://www.facebook.com/bladesofgrasslawncare

weeze
01-01-2013, 01:02 PM
i tried the facebook business page as well as changed my personal one to a business page last year. i had like 1000 friends or something by adding random people that lived in my city. guess what? i never got one single customer from it. i deleted both pages. lol

jaec
01-01-2013, 02:38 PM
For my business I'll utilize Face book as a "notification platform" were my customers and others can see additional seasonal specials throughout the year (shrubs & hedges trimming specials, seasonal flowers install or new container install specials. I definitely will not utilize it as a chat room or for socializing venue.

jaec
01-01-2013, 02:58 PM
Have anyone else utilized Facebook in this way for their business? If so, I would like to here your experience with it.

Triton2286
01-01-2013, 03:02 PM
For my business I'll utilize Face book as a "notification platform" were my customers and others can see additional seasonal specials throughout the year (shrubs & hedges trimming specials, seasonal flowers install or new container install specials. I definitely will not utilize it as a chat room or for socializing venue.

I will start using it for those reason's as well.

I've only have my page and website up for a short time. My website has a feature so I can quickly write articles and they get directly uploaded to facebook and twitter so I can update my customers on pending snow storms (as they will want to know what the person that plows their driveway thinks the storm will do) and I post up seasonal tips reminding them of things they should call me to do, why they need to be done, ect.

Facebook will never replace having a website but it can help you do some things easier.

branchoutshrub
01-01-2013, 06:47 PM
Branching Out Shrub Trimming

http://www.facebook.com/branchingoutshrubtrimming

corey4671
01-02-2013, 01:15 AM
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Yard-Boy/71621269876?ref=hl

Duekster
01-02-2013, 01:17 AM
The OP needs to keep a running list of likes that need to happen

Gilmore.Landscaping
01-07-2013, 12:35 PM
In order for Facebook to recognize the likes you need to use your personal account. Likes from company pages don't register.

Lugnut
01-07-2013, 01:36 PM
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Par-5-Landscaping/186049113590?__req=11

Here's my page, they can be a good marketing tool if used well

destinlawn
01-07-2013, 02:30 PM
Has anyone tried Facebook advertising for gaining local Facebook fans? I tried it once for another venture and had some success. I had a $50 ad campaign and saw my likes go up by 30, and "talking about" go from 12 to 45.

Schrock Lawns
01-07-2013, 02:46 PM
cumon 58 replies i only got 5 likes

Gilmore.Landscaping
01-07-2013, 02:53 PM
cumon 58 replies i only got 5 likes

As previously posted on this thread some people (including myself) aren't just going to like every page that is posted, they are going to review the page, descriptions, pictures, ect, and come to a decision of whether they "like" the page or not.

Considering you posted that "Half the pictures aren't yours" and haven't really put forth an effort I think you already have 4 more likes then you should. IMO.

Don't mean to be too harsh but that's my opinion.

Good Luck.

Schrock Lawns
01-07-2013, 03:15 PM
i see where your comming from and i deleated most of the pics that wernt mine

bmxerss
01-08-2013, 04:16 PM
heres mine!
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/First-Choice-Lawncare/438912579477321?fref=ts

Lawn Care Etc.
01-09-2013, 06:49 PM
www.facebook.com/pages/Lawn-Care-Etc/319735421397020
Here's mine hope it works. thanks Danny

Gold Leaf Lawnscapes
01-10-2013, 12:40 AM
Awesome idea! www.facebook.com/goldleaflawnscapes

Gold Leaf Lawnscapes
01-10-2013, 12:51 AM
Http://www.facebook.com/goldleaflawnscapes

Gold Leaf Lawnscapes
01-10-2013, 12:55 AM
My link doesn't seem to be working.

Dragon Rider
01-10-2013, 04:48 PM
14 years in the industry, 2nd year on my own, business is greening up
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Central-Kentucky-Professional-Turf/244222139021721

quietone
01-10-2013, 05:42 PM
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Quiet-Village-Landscaping-Co/95456515774?fref=ts

www.quietvillagelandscaping.com

Check it out Dingus'!

TurfWerks
01-10-2013, 07:04 PM
https://www.facebook.com/TurfWerks

Here is mine.. Thanks in advance..

Gold Leaf Lawnscapes
01-10-2013, 08:32 PM
I'm not too computer savvy, I typed the link last night but it comes up saying that the link must be misspelled. I checked and it is spelli correctly. Any ideas? I'm going to try posting it from a computer.

Gold Leaf Lawnscapes
01-10-2013, 08:47 PM
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gold-Leaf-Lawnscapes/211066932287560

toddharmon
01-10-2013, 08:55 PM
Thanks in advance!!!

http://www.facebook.com/AllStarLandscapesLawnCare?ref=tn_tnmn

grasshopperslawn
01-10-2013, 09:44 PM

Gold Leaf Lawnscapes
01-11-2013, 10:45 AM
Nice page grasshopper
Posted via Mobile Device

grasshopperslawn
01-11-2013, 02:56 PM
Thanks Gold Leaf

branchoutshrub
01-11-2013, 05:18 PM
FaceBook likes are rolling. Lets get the +1's rolling on Google+

https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/107219309103324660907/107219309103324660907/

aka lawn
01-11-2013, 09:47 PM
WWW.facebook.com/drewslawncaretc

ELS Landscape
01-12-2013, 01:03 PM
I will jump on the bandwagon for a few likes which I will return

I am still working on my new webpage and it should be up to visit by the end of next week

http://www.facebook.com/hancockglen

Would like some expert opinions on how to best do facebook. Not sure it will be effective for a small local company or not. Thanks

ELS Landscape
01-12-2013, 01:04 PM
FaceBook likes are rolling. Lets get the +1's rolling on Google+

https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/107219309103324660907/107219309103324660907/

likely best to start a new thread there

ELS Landscape
01-12-2013, 01:08 PM
Gold Leaf Like your site

ELS Landscape
01-12-2013, 01:11 PM
Heading out the door but I got about 10 of ya. Will return the likes I get for sure. Off to the Hospital to visit my Stepson. Had two disk fused in the low back

materialmovers
01-12-2013, 03:09 PM
Here is mine, a work in progress, but it seems to work.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Material-Movers-Inc/118206528256956

Gold Leaf Lawnscapes
01-12-2013, 04:05 PM
Thanks ELS I will check yours out later!
Posted via Mobile Device

ELS Landscape
01-12-2013, 08:58 PM

I would say you should work a little harder on it. Good luck

ELS Landscape
01-12-2013, 09:04 PM
Has anyone tried Facebook advertising for gaining local Facebook fans? I tried it once for another venture and had some success. I had a $50 ad campaign and saw my likes go up by 30, and "talking about" go from 12 to 45.

I have not but have considered it. I just hate paying for PPC advertisement asI have been burnt years ago How many sells did you get :confused:

grasshopperslawn
01-14-2013, 10:11 PM
Keep them likes rolling. It's working

Gold Leaf Lawnscapes
01-14-2013, 10:16 PM
It does work well. You can set your budget and keep the cost down. Also, what I liked was you can cancel at any time so if you don't like the results, you can cancel the subscription!
Posted via Mobile Device

grasshopperslawn
01-14-2013, 10:50 PM
@ Goldleaf your right lol

Lux Lawn
01-14-2013, 11:19 PM

Done. Here is mine

http://www.facebook.com/#!/LarryN828

tonygreek
01-14-2013, 11:22 PM
Keep them likes rolling. It's working
Out of curiosity, what's working?

grasshopperslawn
01-14-2013, 11:38 PM
Goldleaf . I like your website its real nice.

Gilmore.Landscaping
01-14-2013, 11:41 PM
Out of curiosity, what's working?

I think he meant the thread is working. People posting, likes going up, ect.

tonygreek
01-14-2013, 11:58 PM
I think he meant the thread is working. People posting, likes going up, ect.
Thanks. That's my assumption, but wondered if Grasshopper was referring to data supporting something beyond a Like.

ringahding
01-15-2013, 12:12 AM
Good to see we are working together! Bam!

https://www.facebook.com/ringlawncare

ringahding
01-15-2013, 12:20 AM
Social media is here to stay. Right now it is still a little confusing for some on how to utilize social media like Facebook and Twitter to help grow their lawn and landscape business, but if done properly, can be a big boost.

When FB and Twitter become even more intertwined into search results, it will really be important to have a presence.

Just think, 15-20 years ago, many people in this industry said that having a web site was a waste of time and money.

Bottom line, people don't use maps, newspapers or yellow pages any more to find what they need. They use the internet, and now, more specifically, they use their hand-held device to quickly find exactly what they need.

Yup! Do not discount Google+ fellas & gals! Guess who owns that? Not only do you need to please the ALMIGHTY Google, but new & existing customers visiting your website & social media pages.....Okay I am Done ....BACK to "LIKING" all your FaceBook Pages

premierlawncaremi
01-15-2013, 01:05 AM
Here is my facebook page and also my website, hit LIKE if you like it. Thanks in advance!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Premier-Lawncare-and-Landscape/352771406969

www.premierlawncaremi.com
:clapping:

ef200098
01-15-2013, 01:13 AM
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cardinal-Lawn/147387775409510

Thanks in advance for the likes

Mike

Gilmore.Landscaping
01-15-2013, 01:21 PM

Nice page, I check out your website too, pretty good but I would get rid of the ads ASAP.

slowleak1
01-15-2013, 01:28 PM
Will go through all the pages and like after lunch.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Deep-South-Exterior-Services/319194211503556?ref=ts&fref=ts

http://www.facebook.com/DeepSouthProWash

skorum03
01-15-2013, 01:28 PM
Here's mine. I haven't updated it in a long time, although I haven't really needed to since there is snow on the ground right now.

http://www.facebook.com/YardBrosOutdoors?ref=hl

Thanks Fellas,

YardBros Outdoors
www.yardbros.com

corey4671
01-16-2013, 12:13 AM
Just went through and LIKED everybody from my personal page. Gotta go ice my wrist down now!

sticklelm
01-16-2013, 12:49 AM
like it up! :waving:

http://www.facebook.com/sticklelm

grasshopperslawn
01-16-2013, 12:49 AM
Corey thanks for the info today

sticklelm
01-16-2013, 01:38 AM
Mr. Sean can you email me a few @ [grasshopperslawn@gmail.com[/email]. Commercial and residential. Please

Same here sticklelm@yahoo.com

corey4671
01-16-2013, 01:39 AM
Corey thanks for the info today

No problem. Let me know if you have any questions.

Lux Lawn
01-16-2013, 01:44 AM
Just liked a bunch more.

sticklelm
01-16-2013, 01:53 AM
Lots of nice pages and websites yall have! :clapping:

FinerCutslawnCare
01-16-2013, 02:18 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know that I have spent some time looking around for an actual lawncare facebook page with pictures of just stripes. Never found one so I started one! Its Called "Lawn Stripes". I just created it so please bare with me. Help get it going by posting some pictures on the page and liking it!

v6rs97
01-16-2013, 11:47 AM
Www.facebook.com/lawnsupreme

FerrisDiesel
01-16-2013, 12:29 PM
Thanks in advance! I started at page 1 and liked every FB page I came across, hope it helps!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/AWeaver-Lawncare-and-Snow-Removal/112666792139719

ELS Landscape
01-17-2013, 04:20 PM
Look at my facebook page (http://apps.facebook.com/467984419926580/?fb) Be sure to scroll down and hit the like button. Even if you have already like me before

I have some work to do but wanted to share and offer my buddies the first look.

tiedemanllc
01-17-2013, 05:39 PM
Here is my business page. Thanks everyone, I will make sure to return the "like" favor with my personal page.

http://www.facebook.com/tiedemanllc

ELS Landscape
01-17-2013, 05:51 PM
Look at my facebook page (http://apps.facebook.com/467984419926580/?fb) Be sure to scroll down and hit the like button. Even if you have already like me before

I have some work to do but wanted to share and offer my buddies the first look.

Be aware I am like and tweaking so you may see some weird stuff :dizzy:

Lux Lawn
01-17-2013, 11:23 PM
Here is my business page. Thanks everyone, I will make sure to return the "like" favor with my personal page.

http://www.facebook.com/tiedemanllc

Like.

Were you on this site years ago? I guy that would b!tch about the newspapers in his snow blowers in the winter time. lol

JRJFENCE
01-21-2013, 12:34 PM
http://www.facebook.com/pages/JRJ-Fence-Installations/217251244963055

Take a look at my page, its some fence jobs I've done. Hopefully I remember to take more pictures of landscaping stuff.

CreativeLawncareSolutions
01-24-2013, 09:22 AM
Just started up this facebook page this morning. Any tips on how to utilize it properly would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Creative-Lawncare-Solutions/403712403050949

branchoutshrub
01-24-2013, 12:30 PM
"Like" back with your personal account. Business accounts don't count for likes.

www.facebook.com/branchingoutshrubtrimming

Gold Leaf Lawnscapes
01-24-2013, 12:38 PM
If you like with both personal and business accounts it increases your likes and we will all get updated when you or your business makes a new post. Through networking we can all help one another better our businesses!

Posted via Mobile Device

Air818
01-24-2013, 06:34 PM
Please like our page as well. I am in process of building my following. Thanks everyone.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ace-Turf-Landscape-LLC/295312708321

God Bless America.

:usflag:

Air818
01-24-2013, 06:39 PM

Got you Liked.... :usflag:

Air818
01-24-2013, 06:41 PM
Done. Here is mine

http://www.facebook.com/#!/LarryN828

Got you Liked....

Here is my Link...

Air818
01-24-2013, 06:43 PM

Got you Liked....

Here is my Link...

Air818
01-24-2013, 06:44 PM
Here is my facebook page and also my website, hit LIKE if you like it. Thanks in advance!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Premier-Lawncare-and-Landscape/352771406969

www.premierlawncaremi.com
:clapping:

Got you Liked....

Here is my Link...

Air818
01-24-2013, 06:45 PM

Got you Liked....

Here is my Link...

Air818
01-24-2013, 06:46 PM
I'm in although I just made mine this morning and am adding pics right now.

http://www.facebook.com/RayLandscapeServices

Got you Liked....

Here is my Link...

Air818
01-24-2013, 06:47 PM
https://www.facebook.com/SharplawnsTurfCare

Got you Liked....

Please like mine.
Thanks

Here is my Link...

Air818
01-24-2013, 06:48 PM
https://www.facebook.com/zawadzkilandscaping

Got you Liked....

Please like mine.
Thanks

Here is my Link...

Air818
01-24-2013, 06:50 PM
I only us Facebook for advertising and to win stuff... :laugh:

Got you Liked....

Please like mine.
Thanks

Here is my Link...

Air818
01-24-2013, 06:51 PM
Ross NW Watergardens facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ross-NW-Watergardens/440376552660336

Hey my wife is from portland, and brother in law lives close to lake oswago.

Got you Liked....

Please like mine.
Thanks

Here is my Link...

Air818
01-24-2013, 06:52 PM
heres mine half the pictures on it arnt mine i dident have that many from this season ill change them when i get more oh well.... http://www.facebook.com/SchrockLawnscapes?ref=hl

Got you Liked....

Please like mine.
Thanks

Here is my Link...

McG_Landscaping
01-24-2013, 06:54 PM
my link is in my signature if anyone cares

Air818
01-24-2013, 06:54 PM
http://www.facebook.com/MJWLandscapeContractingLLC

Got you Liked....

Please like mine.
Thanks

Here is my Link...

Gold Leaf Lawnscapes
01-24-2013, 06:55 PM
You can just like the pages and we will all like you back. They way you are replying now to everyone is just putting our pages way back in the thread
Posted via Mobile Device

Air818
01-24-2013, 06:56 PM
I like the idea. Started my page last month, check me out http://www.facebook.com/bladesofgrasslawncare

Got you Liked....

Please like mine.
Thanks

Here is my Link...

Air818
01-24-2013, 06:57 PM
Branching Out Shrub Trimming

http://www.facebook.com/branchingoutshrubtrimming

Got you Liked....

Please like mine.
Thanks

Here is my Link...

Air818
01-24-2013, 06:58 PM
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Yard-Boy/71621269876?ref=hl

Got you Liked....

Please like mine.
Thanks

Here is my Link...

Air818
01-24-2013, 06:59 PM
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Par-5-Landscaping/186049113590?__req=11

Here's my page, they can be a good marketing tool if used well

Got you Liked....

Please like mine.
Thanks

Here is my Link...

Air818
01-24-2013, 07:00 PM
heres mine!
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/First-Choice-Lawncare/438912579477321?fref=ts

Got you Liked....

Please like mine.
Thanks

Here is my Link...

Air818
01-24-2013, 07:01 PM
www.facebook.com/pages/Lawn-Care-Etc/319735421397020
Here's mine hope it works. thanks Danny

Got you Liked....

Please like mine.
Thanks

Here is my Link...

Air818
01-24-2013, 07:02 PM
14 years in the industry, 2nd year on my own, business is greening up
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Central-Kentucky-Professional-Turf/244222139021721

Got you Liked....

Please like mine.
Thanks

Here is my Link...

kirkmbrown2001
01-24-2013, 07:34 PM
www.facebook.com/kirkslawncare (http://www.facebook.com/kirkslawncare)

www.twitter.com/kirkslawncare (http://www.twitter.com/kirkslawncare)

Prestige Landscaping
01-26-2013, 01:52 PM
Check out mine!!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Prestige-Landscaping-Lawn-Care-Maintenance/168200406529164

Dream Green irrigation
01-31-2013, 03:34 PM
https://twitter.com/DreamGreenmn

https://www.facebook.com/Dreamgreenmn

On twitter If you follow me Ill follow you!!:drinkup::clapping::dancing:

ringahding
01-31-2013, 03:46 PM

https://twitter.com/RingLawnCare

elitetc
02-02-2013, 09:35 PM
www.facebook.com/eliteturfcare

Cedar Lawn Care
02-03-2013, 10:47 AM
I look at facebook as more of a way to keep my current clients updated on things. I would be happy to have any of you like my page though.

https://www.facebook.com/CedarLawnCare

elitetc
02-03-2013, 06:22 PM
Cutomers absolutely use facebook to keep up with any specials or newsletters I put out.

Like my page Ill defiantly do the same back

www.eturfcare.com
facebook.com/eliteturfcare

Hammontrees
02-06-2013, 11:11 PM
www.facebook.com/hammontree'slawn&landscape

Hammontrees
02-06-2013, 11:24 PM
try this one:https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hammontrees-Lawn-Landscape

like mine and i like yours...HOOAH!

ELS Landscape
02-07-2013, 04:57 AM
try this one:https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hammontrees-Lawn-Landscape

like mine and i like yours...HOOAH!

same results

The page you requested was not found..

You may have clicked an expired link or mistyped the address. Some web addresses are case sensitive.

TopnotchER
02-07-2013, 09:53 AM
Please like http://www.facebook.com/pages/Grasshoppers-Lawn-and-Landscaping-LLC/313056788757185

TopnotchER
02-07-2013, 09:55 AM
Also my repair shop http://www.facebook.com/TopNotchEquipmentRepair

Hammontrees
02-07-2013, 12:39 PM
Try it again..https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hammontrees-Lawn-Landscape

Hammontrees
02-07-2013, 12:52 PM
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hammontrees-Lawn-Landscape/152517131474447

The Turfinator
02-08-2013, 01:45 PM
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Turf-Pride-Lawncare/169189056465893?ref=hl

ELS Landscape
02-08-2013, 08:22 PM
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hammontrees-Lawn-Landscape/152517131474447

Gotcha

Please use your personal account and like me back at

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/hancockglen

ELS Landscape
02-08-2013, 08:23 PM
Please like http://www.facebook.com/pages/Grasshoppers-Lawn-and-Landscaping-LLC/313056788757185

Same
Gotcha

http://www.facebook.com/hancockglen

ELS Landscape
02-08-2013, 08:26 PM

Gotcha

ELS Landscape
02-08-2013, 08:27 PM
I look at facebook as more of a way to keep my current clients updated on things. I would be happy to have any of you like my page though.

https://www.facebook.com/CedarLawnCare

Gotcha

jaec
02-08-2013, 08:53 PM
For those who didn't get a chance to like us www.facebook.com/bladesofgrasslawncare we will like you back. Thanks!

Lawn132012
02-08-2013, 09:11 PM
That is a great idea

BOSS LAWN 2343
02-08-2013, 11:53 PM
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Derrells-Lawn-Care-Snow-Removal-Service-MN/111296605569495?ref=hl

tmasterlc
02-09-2013, 10:55 AM
Count me in...

https://www.facebook.com/TurfMasterLawnCare

Aperfcrcle
02-17-2013, 02:08 PM
here's mine, just made it.

www.facebook.com/dynamicsymmetrylandscaping

Snydermf
02-19-2013, 04:31 PM
Here's mine:
www.facebook.com/snowhillinc (http://www.facebook.com/snowhillinc)

My website is: www.snowhillinc.com (http://www.snowhillinc.com)

Any feedback? the website has been in process for about a year now, just working on getting that and facebook really working for me.

ELS Landscape
02-19-2013, 08:04 PM
I sent the like because.

What does this mean?

We specialize in providing both residential and commercial high quality

scott martoccia
02-20-2013, 06:12 PM
https://m.facebook.com/SnowHillInc?id=232171613475176&_rdr#!/profile.php?id=174683259253833&__user=1095985418
Posted via Mobile Device

TopnotchER
02-20-2013, 06:37 PM
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Grasshoppers-Lawn-and-Landscaping-LLC/313056788757185 like it up please

JamesGard
02-20-2013, 07:08 PM
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gardner-Landscaping-LLC/414292181942412

THORNTON SERVICES LLC
02-20-2013, 07:10 PM
OK IM BORED SO IM IN - http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Thornton-Services-LLC/315657781786973

slawn
02-21-2013, 10:11 PM
not sure if link will work WWW.Facebook.com/pages/smith-lawn-service /241636175939048
Hadn't done much with it lately.
Can't paste a link with this cheap phone.
Posted via Mobile Device

slawn
02-21-2013, 10:19 PM
You'll want to add a "Page" for your business and not rely on a personal account. For a variety of reasons, liking a page is quite different than a personal friend request.

I have a personal page and a business page. I just couldn't get the link at the time with phone. WWW.Facebook.com/pages/smith-lawn-service/241636175939048
Posted via Mobile Device

GRASSMONKEYS
02-22-2013, 10:00 AM
Mine is at https://www.facebook.com/events/162441057239964/?ref=25#!/pages/The-Grass-Guy/342757812431736

Thanks Guys

jaec
02-22-2013, 12:31 PM
Grassmonkeys, this is the wrong link

GRASSMONKEYS
02-22-2013, 12:36 PM
Grassmonkeys, this is the wrong link

Changed my company name, but never my lawnsite account name if that is what you mean. Link should go to The grass Guy.

jaec
02-22-2013, 12:44 PM
Your posted Facebook link goes to your event calendar not your Facebook page.

GRASSMONKEYS
02-22-2013, 01:02 PM
Here's my link https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/The-Grass-Guy/342757812431736

slowleak1
02-22-2013, 01:23 PM
Not to sound like a d!ck, but it would be nice for all the guys who have posted in this thread more recently to go back through the whole thing and check out the begining of the thread also. I havent gotten any likes since I originally posted (7). I know there are WAY more than 7 people posting in this thread. I as well as others would be more than happy to return the favor.

tonygreek
02-22-2013, 02:10 PM
Not to sound like a d!ck, but it would be nice for all the guys who have posted in this thread more recently to go back through the whole thing and check out the begining of the thread also. I havent gotten any likes since I originally posted (7). I know there are WAY more than 7 people posting in this thread. I as well as others would be more than happy to return the favor.
I'd say you're better off. Here's the rationale and math:

After fully participating in this thread, let's say you have 100 total Likes.
- 50 are from your potential or current customers.
- 50 are from LCOs that are not your target customers.

You post a status update that says, "2 FREE flats of Petunias installed for the next 10 Spring Mulching Service sign-ups! Call or email us today."

Facebook will take that status and push it out to anywhere from 1% to 16% of the people who Liked your page. (yes...that said 1% to 16%). Facebook does not send your message to everyone who Likes your page. If they did, they'd have no reason to sell you ad space. To reach more than that, without paying Facebook, your message better have been compelling enough for people to share with their friends, which then expands your potential pool of eyeballs.

So, if we go for the absolute best case scenario of 16%, you're hitting the news feed of 16 out of 100 people who follow your page. If you take your pre-lawnsite thread count of 50 Likes from people in your area, you will hit, at most, the news feed of 8 people.

If you take your post-lawnsite thread of 100 Likes, with the composition being 50 potential customers and 50 LCOs who are not buying from you, you have now added in to the mix 50 dead-ends and greatly diluted your 16% reach.

On the plus side, maybe your potential local Likers will see that you have 100 Likes, regardless of source, and view you as "more legitimate" and thus be more apt to Like your page, so the strategy might have that going for it.

tonygreek
02-22-2013, 06:46 PM

Forgot to add that the simplest answer to your question might be that, if someone is liking a Page via another Page, it don't count in the Likes total. Since the goal of everyone here was to drive up their Like counts, I'm working under assumption that people use their personal accounts to Like the Pages.

PaperCutter
02-22-2013, 07:21 PM
Inflating the # of likes on a FB page is pointless unless you're going to somehow use those to help market your page. The size doesn't matter if you don't know how to use it.

TopnotchER
02-23-2013, 08:35 PM
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Grasshoppers-Lawn-and-Landscaping-LLC/313056788757185
Like mine and ill like yours.......

A&CLandSanDiego
03-04-2013, 12:05 PM
I will be returning likes from whoever likes https://www.facebook.com/AClandscapeincSanDiego

this is a great idea...let's just hope everyone has been returning likes.

A&CLandSanDiego
03-04-2013, 12:49 PM
I would appreciate if you guys could like my side business' page as well.
I will stay on top of the likes and be sure to return any given :) thanks guys

https://www.facebook.com/BizzyDeals

Gold Leaf Lawnscapes
03-04-2013, 01:24 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Blade Runners
03-04-2013, 02:39 PM
There are some nice Facebook pages on here.

Heres mine:
Blade Runners LLC | Clarksville Lawn Service (https://www.facebook.com/BladeRunnersLLC) Facebook page.

thisismurph
03-08-2013, 12:05 PM
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Murphys-Lawn/141342022654407

bill1500
03-09-2013, 07:27 AM
Here's mine.

http://www.Facebook.com/ProscapeLawnLandscape

I'll be going through the list "liking" everyone elses pages :waving:

aka lawn
03-09-2013, 10:05 AM
Will try this. http//WWW.Facebook/drew'slawncareetc.com I think that is the link. How do you figure out for sure. I am new at this. I have gone through and liked a bunch and have a bunch more to go

aka lawn
03-09-2013, 11:30 AM
okay I am going to try one last time to get the link to work. I am trying this time from the computer. http://www.facebook.com/DrewsLawnCareEtc.com

aka lawn
03-09-2013, 11:36 AM
http://www.facebook.com/Drew'sLawnCareEtc.com

tonygreek
03-09-2013, 12:18 PM
4th time's the charm?

https://www.facebook.com/DrewsLawnCareEtc

Gold Leaf Lawnscapes
03-09-2013, 12:22 PM
Visit your page and copy the link in your browser and paste it on here. I had the same problem.
Posted via Mobile Device

retrodog
03-10-2013, 12:17 AM
Go like my page!!!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/K-G-Mowers-Equipment/159319504122049

aka lawn
03-10-2013, 12:53 AM
Thanks for getting that to work for me.

retrodog
03-10-2013, 12:24 PM
You guys friend me. I put more updates on my personal friends page. Also check us out on ebay, I post the lowest priced seats in the country on there, and clutches I have listed for $189 for the exmarks. http://www.facebook.com/kg.mowers

GrimsleysLawnCare
03-10-2013, 06:58 PM
I hope this works! First post on this site. :cool2:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Grimsleys-Lawn-Care/385244988200851

tmasterlc
03-10-2013, 07:22 PM
I've noticed that if I use the facebook app to generate likes in my area that most of them are teens and/or that most people that seem to give you likes will have 1000 other companies they have liked.... looks like some people are probably hooked on giving likes and never really want additional information... makes me wonder if this facebook approach is really worth it???? Thoughts????

GrimsleysLawnCare
03-10-2013, 09:16 PM
Im 22 and love facebook. All of my close friends and family like my page. Share my photos like them and my status updates. As they like anything of mine or comment on them there parents and grandparents see the pictures and what I do. They also see that I work hard and that I do good work. They then like my page and their friends see my page. facebook can create chain reactions that can benifit you. I am always posting pictures or even updating my status even if it is a simple Good morning post. Alot of my clients go on there and check out my work to and sometimes wan me to come by and do extra work. So for me every like counts!!!! Plus parents are always facebook stalkin their child and their friends which are the people who hire you....

grassmasterswilson
03-10-2013, 10:04 PM
http://www.facebook.com/pages/GrassMasters-LLC/72871582638

Like my page if you want.

Without reading through all 21 pages....what is your take on Facebook? How have you generated more likes? I share info and post pics but I can't seem to generate much interest. Any good tips?

Facebook isn't traditional but its much easier to show off pics than paying my web guy to do them.

getdown
03-11-2013, 12:18 AM
Hey Guys! If you wouldn't mind, "liking" my Facebook page, I would greatly appreciate it!

http://www.facebook.com/MednickLCO

I'll like yours back too!

getdown
03-12-2013, 07:54 PM
Hey Guys...to three guys/companies that liked so far, wanted to thank you and let you know I hit you back with a like on facebook as well! (Branching Out Shrub Trimming, Gold Leaf Lawnscapes, Gold Leaf Lawnscapes)...I really appreciate it...this is a great thread.

MoultonLawnscapes
03-12-2013, 08:03 PM
Come visit my page! Fairly new.........like mine and ill like yours:) Thanks
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Moulton-Lawnscapes-LLC/212086125555519

getdown
03-12-2013, 08:05 PM
Moulton, I hit ya up man...and I love that body style on the Dodge Ram...it's a classic...my father in law rocks one and I hope to get one sometime too!

bill1500
03-12-2013, 08:24 PM
Done :cool:

elitetc
03-12-2013, 09:10 PM
Like my page...ill do the same

8rickyj
03-12-2013, 10:22 PM
Here is my page. I am almost through everyone elses

http://www.facebook.com/jacobsenlawnservice?ref=hl

HDLLandscaping
03-12-2013, 10:27 PM
http://www.facebook.com/pages/HDL-Landscaping/616745528352511

Here is my page, just put it up and currently working on a logo and cover photo that will look good on it.
Brand new company just starting out!

Thanks!

exmarkking
03-12-2013, 10:35 PM
https://m.facebook.com/?refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2F&_rdr#!/profile.php?id=151875781540534&__user=100000975071209

Like it please!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

HDLLandscaping
03-13-2013, 02:00 AM
Just did some updating to my page, www.Facebook.com/HDLLandscaping

Like it and Ill like yours back, thanks guys!

retrodog
03-13-2013, 08:53 AM
Lmk if i missed anybody! I went through everyones i think...
Posted via Mobile Device

SwatDawg15
03-13-2013, 04:18 PM
http://facebook.com/agencylawncare

I'm going threw and liking everyone's page as wee speak.

Thanks
Rob

Cedar Lawn Care
03-13-2013, 06:46 PM
I would love for you to like my page. Thanks

http://www.facebook.com/CedarLawnCare

Blade Runners
03-13-2013, 07:29 PM
Thanks Branching Out, Gold Leaf, Andrew J., Cory S. Gotcha all back.
I just need 3 more likes, somebody help me out :)

https://www.facebook.com/BladeRunnersLLC

getdown
03-13-2013, 09:37 PM
BladeRunner, Just liked ya! 2 more needed now...for what?

wallpro
03-14-2013, 12:28 AM
I just started writing blogs on landscaping can you give me some feedback?

http://wallpro.ca/blog-4-how-to-increase-your-house-price-by-10/

thanks!

wallpro.ca

8rickyj
03-14-2013, 05:26 PM
I just liked about 30 pages or more lets see the love

http://www.facebook.com/jacobsenlawnservice?ref=hl

birddseedd
03-16-2013, 12:47 AM
I wont put my business on facebook. Facebook is stupid.

but i think my wife is gonna go like everyone elses.

TopnotchER
03-16-2013, 12:56 AM
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Grasshoppers-Lawn-and-Landscaping-LLC/313056788757185
Like mine and ill like yours

birddseedd
03-16-2013, 01:03 AM
that sounds dirty!

BOSS LAWN 2343
03-16-2013, 11:02 AM
Just updated mine, keep the likes rolling!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Derrells-Lawn-Care-Snow-Removal-Service-MN/111296605569495

LindblomRJ
03-16-2013, 05:03 PM
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Spring-Creek-Lawn-and-Landscape/219978778079078?ref=hl

slc12345
03-16-2013, 09:30 PM
here is ours just started it last week
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Schmidt-Lawn-Care-Inc/122630084460919?fref=ts
havent added much but plan to do weekly updates

underESTIMATED
03-18-2013, 09:25 PM
http://facebook.com/citymowing

I haven't watermarked the pictures yet, so I haven't added many.

Criticism welcome. :)

Air818
03-21-2013, 06:22 PM
Here is mine please like...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ace-Turf-Landscape-LLC/295312708321

goinggreen123
03-21-2013, 10:32 PM
Here is mine any likes much appreciated thanks! https://www.facebook.com/greenviewlandscape209?ref=stream

getdown
03-22-2013, 09:45 AM
Ace gonna hit you back as soon as I get to a computer man were packing and moving...it's in my email on my to do list
Posted via Mobile Device

soduniforms
03-22-2013, 08:33 PM
playing catch up! Going through all the pages now!

Here is mine.

www.facebook.com/soduniforms

Thanks!

ProMo
03-22-2013, 08:37 PM
I need 8 more likes https://www.facebook.com/pages/Promo-Lawn-Pest/168774426475678

You need 8 more likes on your Page to get access to insights about your activity.

getdown
03-22-2013, 11:55 PM
Hey everyone!...if ya wouldn't mind hitting my page with a "like", I wouldn't mind returning the favor!

Http://www.facebook.com/mednicklco

Thanks!
Posted via Mobile Device

elitetc
03-23-2013, 02:11 PM
facebook.com/eliteturfcare

like my page and Ill do it back

sweetcutgrass
03-25-2013, 11:12 AM
www.facebook.com/sweetcutgrass

can a business like another business or do I have to do it with person page ?

Dave does lawns
03-25-2013, 12:05 PM
https://www.facebook.com/DaveDoesLawns

stephen@freedom
03-25-2013, 01:07 PM
Like my page and I will like back..thanks stephen
https://www.facebook.com/freedomlawnandhome?ref=hl

tonygreek
03-25-2013, 01:17 PM
I've previously explained why I think this is a bad (read: terrible) marketing strategy. With the thread now at 24 pages, I'm genuinely curious...does anyone have a legitimate reason why this mutual Liking is a good strategy?

bill1500
03-25-2013, 02:14 PM
www.facebook.com/sweetcutgrass

can a business like another business or do I have to do it with person page ?

It's better with your personal page. Otherwise the "likes" won't show.

bill1500
03-25-2013, 02:26 PM
I've previously explained why I think this is a bad (read: terrible) marketing strategy. With the thread now at 24 pages, I'm genuinely curious...does anyone have a legitimate reason why this mutual Liking is a good strategy?

Yes,

I did a little testing by making a "fake" personal page without liking any pages I typed in lawn along with my area. What came up was my business page at the top, along with a couple others from my area. My page only has around 40 likes, but the others had 5 or 10. The more likes you have, the greater chance of being at the top when a search is done. If people use Facebook to find a company like they would Google, why would you not make a page and get as many likes possible? It's probably the best/only way to get people to see your company info without you spending a dime.

tonygreek
03-25-2013, 02:38 PM
why would you not make a page and get as many likes possible?
Because those inflated Likes significantly dilutes your marketing pool? Would you run a print ad if you knew your newspaper would only deliver it to 5% of the houses, while assuring you that half of those 5% would be fellow LCOs?

bill1500
03-25-2013, 03:23 PM
I don't follow what your getting at. If I have 50 other LCOs that like my page, and only 30 potential customers that like my page they are still seeing what I post. I don't see how it dilutes the marketing pool at all. Besides, what if some of the LCOs have family members in my area that may want work done?

Thread hijacking over, carry on

tonygreek
03-25-2013, 04:02 PM
I don't follow what your getting at. If I have 50 other LCOs that like my page, and only 30 potential customers that like my page they are still seeing what I post. I don't see how it dilutes the marketing pool at all. Besides, what if some of the LCOs have family members in my area that may want work done?
Your comment that I bolded leads me to believe you're under the impression that your status updates/posts go to everyone who Likes your page. It does not.

As for what I'm getting at, and specifically related to your question of dilution, I break it out in comment 180 of this thread. Comment 182 adds to the point. Getting a Share is infinitely more valuable than a Like, so a Like, in and of it's own existence, has inherently very little value.

It's not a thread jack if it pertains to the core of why people think they're doing this in the first place. If people don't have an education or understanding of how the Facebook Pages function, what's the point? It's akin to me starting a thread that says, "Everyone should go out to their backyards, stand on one leg for an hour, and then see if you get any phone calls to your LCO.". 200 people could say, "I'm on it!", but if no one asks the fundamental question of "Wait...why?", what has been gained?

PaperCutter
03-25-2013, 04:23 PM

FB provides analytics right on your page that back up what Tony is getting at - the way Facebook has set up their algorithm, typically less than a quarter of your fans will see your post. As an example, I have just north of 300 fans (people who "liked" my page). I shared a photo Saturday - 35 people saw that post. I changed my cover photo - 12 people saw that post.

So what? Well, you don't get to choose which 10-20% of your followers are the ones who see your stuff. Look at the odds. If most of your fans are other LCOs, odds are good the person in your town looking for your service is missing you... but you're reaching the LCO on the other side of the country. Wasted effort.

You're better off having 50 invested, interested followers than 5000 that don't care. If this wasn't the case you could succeed on FB by buying all your followers on fiverr.com

bill1500
03-25-2013, 05:29 PM
Fair enough. So where do I find this info on who saw it? All I see is the stats for who saw my posts....

PaperCutter
03-25-2013, 05:33 PM
Fair enough. So where do I find this info on who saw it? All I see is the stats for who saw my posts....

As far as I know, that info isn't available. All you get is the # of people who see it. You only find out who when they interact with the post (like/share/comment)

johnfaria68
03-25-2013, 05:35 PM
Looking good guys and gals some nice facebook pages

Krumm
03-25-2013, 08:21 PM
www.facebook.com/krummlawnscape

BOSS LAWN 2343
03-25-2013, 09:04 PM
Actually some pretty good pages :usflag:

Gold Leaf Lawnscapes
03-26-2013, 01:28 PM
I should have everyone on here. If you haven't liked mine please do so. Thanks!

Posted via Mobile Device

THORNTON SERVICES LLC
03-26-2013, 02:24 PM
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Thornton-Services-LLC/315657781786973

like my page and I will return the favor.

ProMo
03-26-2013, 02:36 PM
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Promo-Lawn-Pest/168774426475678

I need 6 more