PDA

View Full Version : Stihl BR 500, 550 or 600

Pages : [1] 2

lil
12-31-2012, 02:39 AM
Could someone please explain the difference between these machines?
They are the same size motor and roughly the same price and weight, yet the air throughput varies greatly.

Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

Richard Martin
12-31-2012, 07:21 AM
The BR500 is intended for areas with noise restrictions. The BR550 and 600 are nearly identical except for the output. Some people don't have a need for super high output or can't afford the cost of the BR600 so Stihl has a slightly less powerful and costly alternative in the BR550.

devinraptor
12-31-2012, 08:17 AM
The BR500 is intended for areas with noise restrictions. The BR550 and 600 are nearly identical except for the output. Some people don't have a need for super high output or can't afford the cost of the BR600 so Stihl has a slightly less powerful and costly alternative in the BR550.

What He Said!!!! I love the BR600 I own 8 of them and will buy more

ric1
12-31-2012, 08:49 AM
They are the same size motor and roughly the same price and weight, yet the air throughput varies greatly.

Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

Actually there is a great deal of difference between the blowers. When people look at blowers they tend to focus on Mph figure and the one they pick will be the highest. The BR-550 has a 199mph while the BR-600 Has a 201Mph, Not a lot of difference so why the big difference in price?

That's easy, it's called CFM. The thing to focus on is the CFM, or cubic feet per minute, of air volume that the blower is capable of pushing. It is the volume of air moved, not the speed of the air flow, which has the biggest impact on moving leaves and other debris.

The BR-550 has 530 CFM of air Volume, The BR-600 has 712 CFM of air Volume. That's what you need to focus on not the max speed. Manufacturers use the max speed of there blowers to catch the eye and there customers. So depending on what you're buying the blower for you need to buy accordingly.

lil
12-31-2012, 04:29 PM
Thanks a lot everyone, it's good to be able to cut through the marketing BS and get a straight answer here on Lawnsite.

BR600 it is!
Posted via Mobile Device

herler
01-01-2013, 12:46 PM
You made a good choice.

It's all in the CFM's, you can forget the MPH as a number it's always between 160 and 210.
That's because MPH is merely the end result of squeezing X amount of CFM's through a tube.
The more CFM's you push through the same tube, the higher your MPH will be.
But in and of itself MPH means little, it's in the CFM's.
The more CFM's it can push, the badder the blower.

It's actually the same thing with air compressors, psi's and cfm's.

crazyflyboy30
01-01-2013, 06:22 PM
BR 600 STIHL Magnum BR 600 STIHL Magnum BR 600 STIHL Magnum BR 600 STIHL Magnum BR 600 STIHL Magnum BR 600 STIHL Magnum This is one I am geting NO DOUBT!!all other fail in comparison.

rbljack
01-01-2013, 06:49 PM
Yep..i researched this about 2 months ago, and once spring hits...the 600 is going to be my first 2013 equipment purchase unless something unforeseen occurs.

crazyflyboy30
01-02-2013, 02:21 AM
Yep..i researched this about 2 months ago, and once spring hits...the 600 is going to be my first 2013 equipment purchase unless something unforeseen occurs.

What do you think of this one RedMax EBZ8500 or a Husqvarna 580BTS is the most powerful commercial back pack blower designed for demanding tasks.They are the same blower.
http://www.redmax.com/products/blowers/ebz8500/#ratings
http://www.husqvarna.com/us/products/blowers/580bts/#specifications

rbljack
01-02-2013, 05:40 AM
Iver heard good things about that one as well....but for my needs its definitly overkill. The 600 is overkill for my day to day needs..but here is why i am going with the stihl 600:

Its three pounds lighter and comes in at 21.6 pounds before fuel. The 600 has a smaller gas tank, but that is fine with me. That extra capacity on the redman would just mean more weight on my back, and for the day to day work, i dont need anything that big.

The 600 is overkill actually for my day to day blowing tasks, but its plenty to do the leaf cleanups that I will see in my area (west texas) if needs be. So I didnt feel the need for the extra weight of the redman. Thats just my logic, but hope this helps a little. I dont even have a backpack blower yet, but have looked at a few of the models, and actually went to take a closer look at the stihl in person, and from what I saw..i liked. And just in case i need the power, I have it on demand, so felt it was a better choice than the other stihl blowers. I dont mow early in the day, so a quieter model wasnt necessary either.

BR 600 STIHL Magnum®
64.8 cc (3.95 cu. in.)
3.0 kW (4.0 bhp)
9.8 kg (21.6 Ibs.)
1400 cc (47.3 oz.)
Redman EBZ8500
Cylinder displacement
75.6 cc
Power output
4.43 hp
Fuel tank volume
77.77 fl oz
Weight
24.69 lbs

lawnboy dan
01-02-2013, 07:34 AM
i use the br600 only for leaf cleanups. this way it will last a while. i dont trust the 4 mix for daily use

scotts lawn care
01-02-2013, 09:02 PM
I bought a BR600 Magnum last spring, and another this fall half way thru my cleanups. As others have said - it's a great blower!

Low weight, and lots of power. I use the Stihl oil for a exact gas/oil mix.

crazyflyboy30
01-02-2013, 09:46 PM
The only reason was thinking of the Husqvarna 580BTS that know now that it is really a RedMax EBZ8500 that the dealer I got my MZ6128ZT will sell me a Husqvarna 580BTS at 1/2 price.And overkill is my middle name me and Tim The Tool Man Taylor are brother.

crazyflyboy30
01-02-2013, 10:08 PM
The EBZ8500 backpack blower features the Strato-Charged 2-stroke engine with ultra-low emissions and high power. With a 75.6 cc displacement and 4.4 horsepower, the EBZ8500 produces a maximum air speed of 206 MPH with tube air flow approaching 908 CFM. That mite be a enuff.

crazyflyboy30
01-03-2013, 12:28 AM
I am done I get this one if my dealer don't cut me a big deal on the HUSQVARNA 580BTS 75cc Backpack for US $485.95 FREE Standard Shipping http://www.ebay.com/itm/HUSQVARNA-580BTS-75cc-Backpack-Gas-Leaf-Blower-206-MPH-WARRANTY-Auth-Dealer-/190696264732?pt=Leaf_Blowers&hash=item2c6662141c

crazyflyboy30
01-03-2013, 06:14 PM
I did go by a HUSQVARNA and a Stihl dealer today the HUSQVARNA had nothing at all to sell he said he will get them soon the Stihl dealer was full I look at the BR 600 STIHL Magnum I said what is the best deal? He said $475 plus tax.I said see you late.

scotts lawn care
01-03-2013, 06:18 PM
I paid $500. + tax. That is the average price. You didn't want to pay $475.?? That seems like a very decent price. The blower is new right?

Richard Martin
01-03-2013, 06:25 PM
I'm surprised the dealer gave him anything off. Those dealers have a real racket going on with charging list price. There is ZERO competition.

scotts lawn care
01-03-2013, 06:45 PM
I'm surprised the dealer gave him anything off. Those dealers have a real racket going on with charging list price. There is ZERO competition.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I don't even bother to ask for any $ off the price of small power equipment.

Mowers and trucks - that's a different story.

crazyflyboy30
01-03-2013, 06:49 PM
I paid $500. + tax. That is the average price. You didn't want to pay $475.?? That seems like a very decent price. The blower is new right?

Yes it is brand new on self I think he can do a lower price I will wait to see what the HUSQVARNA dealer will do on a 580BTS he said he will sell me all most at his cost so I will see.On monday after he talk to he's rep.

crazyflyboy30
01-03-2013, 07:03 PM
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I don't even bother to ask for any $ off the price of small power equipment.

Mowers and trucks - that's a different story.

I buy hole lot of stuff lincoln's,Big rc airplanes (17),lot of tools(shop full),lawn mower (5)zt's and riding (3)push ,trimmers , blowers ,tillers and so on so I cut it what I can so I can buy some thing else.

ric1
01-03-2013, 07:46 PM
I did go by a HUSQVARNA and a Stihl dealer today the HUSQVARNA had nothing at all to sell he said he will get them soon the Stihl dealer was full I look at the BR 600 STIHL Magnum I said what is the best deal? He said $475 plus tax.I said see you late.

You should be looking at no more than $450 with tax for the BR600. He's not even giving 10% off.

crazyflyboy30
01-03-2013, 08:03 PM
You should be looking at no more than $450 with tax for the BR600. He's not even giving 10% off.

Thank you !you see it the way I do .The HUSQVARNA dealer said there is big markup on this stuff.And I did say will take $450 out the door? He said do you want the keys to the store if I did that we would be swoping money so I said I see you later.

ric1
01-03-2013, 08:25 PM
Thank you !you see it the way I do .The HUSQVARNA dealer said there is big markup on this stuff.And I did say will take $450 out the door? He said do you want the keys to the store if I did that we would be swoping money so I said I see you later.

Hey if he sold you the unit for $450 he's still making a real good profit. The BR 600 mag is sells for $499 here. At $475 plus tax you would still be paying over $500 out the door. Like I said your not even getting 10% and the normal discount should be that much, I'd go find another dealer cause he sure doesn't sound like he's interested in your business.

crazyflyboy30
01-03-2013, 08:36 PM
Hey if he sold you the unit for $450 he's still making a real good profit. The BR 600 mag is sells for $499 here. At $475 plus tax you would still be paying over $500 out the door. Like I said your not even getting 10% and the normal discount should be that much, I'd go find another dealer cause he sure doesn't sound like he's interested in your business.

Yes I will. I didno't know there is one only 4 mile from me one I stop at today was 17 miles and there 5 in 30 miles from me.

scotts lawn care
01-03-2013, 11:00 PM
Well - if you buy alot from 1 dealer - then yeah they should give a discount to you on a blower, I hope you get one for a good price! :)

crazyflyboy30
01-03-2013, 11:59 PM
Well - if you buy alot from 1 dealer - then yeah they should give a discount to you on a blower, I hope you get one for a good price! :)

I will try for a mybe a backpage deal 1 big blower ,a trimmer,and a WB.I did no't see a WB at the Stihl dealer but look like he had ever thing Stihl makes.

cpllawncare
01-04-2013, 12:10 AM
Go with the stihl the husky is too heavy and bulky I've tried them both, I don't squabble over $10- $20 for handheld stuff just buy it. You've probably already wasted that much in gas shopping around. I decide what I want to buy before I go to the store usually, so as not to waste gas and time, theirs AND mine. I also go on the premise that you should have one brand of handhelds for the most part, same with mowers, this makes spare parts and maint much easier and cost effective.

knox gsl
01-04-2013, 12:55 AM
Go with the stihl the husky is too heavy and bulky I've tried them both, I don't squabble over $10- $20 for handheld stuff just buy it. You've probably already wasted that much in gas shopping around. I decide what I want to buy before I go to the store usually, so as not to waste gas and time, theirs AND mine. I also go on the premise that you should have one brand of handhelds for the most part, same with mowers, this makes spare parts and maint much easier and cost effective.

I'm like you, no need to worry over a few bucks. I buy all my handhelds from one dealer now and they take good care of me. All I ask them to do is fill the tank and start it before I leave the dealership. I've been out working and have some handheld go down and they will usually fix it on the spot for me. They also make sure that all my repairs are WARRANTY work with no out of pocket cost. I also run all Stihl with few problems, I've only had one issue with not starting and that was on an old FS55 trimmer that the screen was clogged on. Its long gone now and has been replaced with a FS100rx, which is a much better machine for daily use.

crazyflyboy30
01-04-2013, 03:24 PM

The weight is nothing to me has now I use a 22.lb Backpack Gas Leaf Blower add a 10.5 Handheld Blower at the same time and like have the Biggest in every thing I get like my $3000+ 9 foot 111cc Twin YAK 54 RC Airplane,my 600 grizzly 4x4,60cc chainsaw, did have R1 1000cc, bran new 2002 Corvette both in 2002 and the list goes more than I can type.

HusqvarnaRules
01-04-2013, 04:35 PM
The weight is nothing to me has now I use a 22.lb Backpack Gas Leaf Blower add a 10.5 Handheld Blower at the same time and like have the Biggest in every thing I get like my $3000+ 9 foot 111cc Twin YAK 54 RC Airplane,my 600 grizzly 4x4,60cc chainsaw, did have R1 1000cc, bran new 2002 Corvette both in 2002 and the list goes more than I can type.

You actually consider a 60cc saw big? Even for those that cut part-time, that's mid-size/average at best.

Not a fan of Vettes except do applaud them as they have withstood the test of time. For killer American muscle I'd look elsewhere.

Richard Martin
01-04-2013, 05:30 PM
Not a fan of Vettes except do applaud them as they have withstood the test of time. For killer American muscle I'd look elsewhere.

Those 9 and 10 second factory built Mustangs are tough to beat.

crazyflyboy30
01-04-2013, 07:29 PM
You actually consider a 60cc saw big? Even for those that cut part-time, that's mid-size/average at best.

I see what you are saying about the chain saw at the time my dad got for loging it was the most powerfull Pioneer P 60 chainsaw.Back to the blower did no't like what I saw on ebay a lot Sthil 600 for sell for parts only makes me wonder do I need one? The Husqvarna is looking better and better.

cpllawncare
01-04-2013, 07:58 PM
Those 9 and 10 second factory built Mustangs are tough to beat.

2013 shelby mustang the fastest production car in the world, look it up!

cpllawncare
01-04-2013, 08:01 PM
I see what you are saying about the chain saw at the time my dad got for loging it was the most powerfull Pioneer P 60 chainsaw.Back to the blower did no't like what I saw on ebay a lot Sthil 600 for sell for parts only makes me wonder do I need one? The Husqvarna is looking better and better.

You should be able to get someone to let you wear a 600 around for a day you'll then know why you see wayyyy more of them than husky's.

HusqvarnaRules
01-04-2013, 08:29 PM
2013 shelby mustang the fastest production car in the world, look it up!

Dunno where you "looked it up", but based on a simple search the only thing backing that up is the statement that it's the fastest V-8 production car in the world at the moment... NOT the fastest and sure as hell isn't the quickest in 0-60, 0-100, 1/4 mile. Was actually WAY down the list where it belongs. Was even beaten by a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo. How's that for burning rice, lmao?!?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fastest_production_cars_by_acceleration

Richard Martin
01-04-2013, 08:45 PM
And yet.. oddly enough, here's a 2013 GT500 turning 10.81 and putting the smack down on a modded EVO. I don't know where that Wikipedia page got it's numbers but there are plenty of stock GT500s hurting that 10 second mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8iozRn2MDc

Here's an almost stock 2013 5.0 putting down a 11.6.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqYI5dnAYX8

cpllawncare
01-04-2013, 08:49 PM
Dunno where you "looked it up", but based on a simple search the only thing backing that up is the statement that it's the fastest V-8 production car in the world at the moment... NOT the fastest and sure as hell isn't the quickest in 0-60, 0-100, 1/4 mile. Was actually WAY down the list where it belongs. Was even beaten by a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo. How's that for burning rice, lmao?!?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fastest_production_cars_by_acceleration

the cars on that list aren't considered production cars, 0-60 times is only one factor, nothing to do with the fastest overall. I'll put a freakin lancer against a stock gt and come out ahead, Hell I could outrun a wrx si in my BMW 335 but not a shelby mustang, and bout even with a stock gt

Ridin' Green
01-04-2013, 09:13 PM
You should be able to get someone to let you wear a 600 around for a day you'll then know why you see wayyyy more of them than husky's.

That isn't exactly a fair comparison.

The BR600 has been around a lot longer than the new Husky's. I own both a BR600M and a Husky 570. The Husky does weigh a little more, but is 10 times more comfortable to wear for more than 5 minutes (as you would have to do on a leaf clean up job) due to its vastly superior chest and shoulder harness system, and the Husky flat out spanks the 600 in performance. They are both fine blowers, but it's important to be fair and honest about what they can and can't do, and why.

Darryl G
01-04-2013, 09:45 PM
The Redmax 8500 and Husqvarna 580 have a few differences, the biggest one being that the Husky has a different harness system that includes a padded waist belt...a nice feature to have instead of having all 30+ pounds on your shoulders. The 8500/580 will outblow the BR600 by a fair margin, but they're big, heavy and loud as hell at WOT. But after you've used one anything else seems like a toy. I'm not saying the BR600 isn't a powerful blower, but the 8500/580 takes it to a whole different level.

cpllawncare
01-04-2013, 10:28 PM
I tried them both and the 600 was just more comfortable to me, and it has more than enough power for anything we do. I don't doubt the husky is a really good blower I really like my husky chainsaw. I just decided to try and keep as much of my stuff the same brand as possible for maint and spare parts reasons, and stihl's line of equipt is broad enough that we can pretty much keep everything the same. I don't remember why I bought a husky chainsaw but if I were to buy another one it would be a stihl.

crazyflyboy30
01-04-2013, 10:52 PM
The Redmax 8500 and Husqvarna 580 have a few differences, the biggest one being that the Husky has a different harness system that includes a padded waist belt...a nice feature to have instead of having all 30+ pounds on your shoulders. The 8500/580 will outblow the BR600 by a fair margin, but they're big, heavy and loud as hell at WOT. But after you've used one anything else seems like a toy. I'm not saying the BR600 isn't a powerful blower, but the 8500/580 takes it to a whole different level.

Now you said what I have been reading that it is awesome and I have to get the Husqvarna is that the dealer that I got my MZ6128ZT will cut me a super deal like right cost so will seen on monday will do after he talks to he's factory rep. I will give him my list all will need for the next year.

HusqvarnaRules
01-05-2013, 12:07 PM
the cars on that list aren't considered production cars, 0-60 times is only one factor, nothing to do with the fastest overall. I'll put a freakin lancer against a stock gt and come out ahead, Hell I could outrun a wrx si in my BMW 335 but not a shelby mustang, and bout even with a stock gt

Really now? Define production then!

Who gives a damn about overall speed when there is little room to really open a car up these days.

Not my fault America sucks ass with real supercar performance. The only decent thing to come from this great country of ours is the Viper. Everything else is a fail in my opinion.

Darryl G
01-05-2013, 12:19 PM
Now you said what I have been reading that it is awesome and I have to get the Husqvarna is that the dealer that I got my MZ6128ZT will cut me a super deal like right cost so will seen on monday will do after he talks to he's factory rep. I will give him my list all will need for the next year.

I never try to beat my dealers up over price on small equipment. I paid $529 for my 580 in the fall of 2011 when they were priced at $559, but that's the price they had on it. They have gone up $20 since then. If you're a bigger guy and into overkill and brute force go for it. They have enough power to actually do leaf cleanups in the rain, not something I had even considered doing before. But make no mistake...the things are gigantic, loud and heavy, yet surprisingly comfortable due to the excellent harness system. The only time mine becomes a bit of a burden is when working on hilly properties. It has all but eliminated my use of my wheel blower.

Richard Martin
01-05-2013, 04:27 PM
Not my fault America sucks ass with real supercar performance. The only decent thing to come from this great country of ours is the Viper. Everything else is a fail in my opinion.

The Saleen S7 Twin Turbo is on par with any supercar (not muscle car) in the world. Made in Irvine CA. Powered by http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb56/RMartin631/Ford_zps75716631.png

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9e/SAG2004_181_Ferrari.JPG

crazyflyboy30
01-05-2013, 09:04 PM

My big saw was bigger than 60cc it was 99cc PIONEER SAWS LTD.
PETERBOROUGH, ONTARIO, CANADA
SERIES OR ASSEMBLY NUMBER:
YEAR INTRODUCED: 1978
YEAR DISCONTINUED: 1980
ENGINE DISPLACEMENT: 6.0 cu. in. (99cc)
NUMBER OF CYLINDERS: 1
CYLINDER BORE: 2.250 in. (57mm)
PISTON STROKE: 1.500 in. (38mm)

cpllawncare
01-05-2013, 09:33 PM
I never try to beat my dealers up over price on small equipment. I paid $529 for my 580 in the fall of 2011 when they were priced at $559, but that's the price they had on it. They have gone up $20 since then. If you're a bigger guy and into overkill and brute force go for it. They have enough power to actually do leaf cleanups in the rain, not something I had even considered doing before. But make no mistake...the things are gigantic, loud and heavy, yet surprisingly comfortable due to the excellent harness system. The only time mine becomes a bit of a burden is when working on hilly properties. It has all but eliminated my use of my wheel blower.

I'm with you on that darryl, I hate when we get beatup on price so I feel guilty trying to beat the other guy up, as long as he's being reasonable I won't argue price.

knox gsl
01-05-2013, 09:58 PM
I'm with you on that darryl, I hate when we get beatup on price so I feel guilty trying to beat the other guy up, as long as he's being reasonable I won't argue price.

Same here, and there's not a lot of mark up in the hand held gear to begin with.

HusqvarnaRules
01-07-2013, 11:28 AM
Richard just let it go. Even the Saleen sucks when compared to others. Being powered by Ford isn't saying much in my opinion. Look into Gumpert and Koenigsegg for jaw dropping form and function.

Darryl G
01-07-2013, 11:42 AM
Richard just let it go. Even the Saleen sucks when compared to others. Being powered by Ford isn't saying much in my opinion. Look into Gumpert and Koenigsegg for jaw dropping form and function.

But what's their towing capacity?

HusqvarnaRules
01-07-2013, 04:01 PM
Towing capacity is rated as Hauling A$$.

cpllawncare
01-07-2013, 06:38 PM
If you need towing capacity rated at hauling ass, look no further than a F-150 lightning. There's plenty of modded turbo and twin turbo diesel pickups that can outrun most sports cars on the road. Even the GMC cyclone was a barn burner as far as trucks go, I think it was the fastest production truck ever made.

HusqvarnaRules
01-08-2013, 11:57 AM
Well I'd have to look much further to be impressed. Never liked trucks at all, but have left alot of them sitting still at stop lights. Have yet to see one touch what I run.

I'm done with this conversation so maybe it will get back on topic.

cpllawncare
01-08-2013, 12:06 PM
Yea, LOL! go for the 600 I think that's what this thread is about, LOL

snow4me
01-09-2013, 10:55 AM

Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

I started my LCO two years ago and followed advice of guys on here. Don't buy anything but the most powerful unit no matter what brand you are buying. Time=$ and the time/$ adds up quickly when trying to move grass clippings, clumps and leaves around.

I bought a BR600 two years ago at my local dealer for $425 when they were selling used ones on Fleabay for $300-$400. Do not be afraid to negotiate with your Stihl Dealers. The suggested retail price of $499 is making them a lot of $$...offer $400 and work up from there. Do not I repeat do not buy used blowers...you never know how well it was maintained.

Last spring I decided I needed another blower and found a dealer a few miles further up the road selling them for $415.

BTW- The BR600 may not be the most powerful unit built but it is IMHO the best when considering power to weight ratio. Lugging one of these around on your back for 3 or more hours will make you appreciate this fact.

Last

Darryl G
01-09-2013, 01:27 PM
Lugging one of these around on your back for 3 or more hours will make you appreciate this fact.

If you had a more powerful blower you wouldn't need to be lugging it around on your back for 3 or more hours! :hammerhead:

Ridin' Green
01-09-2013, 01:44 PM
If you had a more powerful blower you wouldn't need to be lugging it around on your back for 3 or more hours! :hammerhead:

..........And if it had a much better shoulder harness like the Husky's do, it wouldn't bother you having to wear it for 3 or more hours like the Stihl can even if it is lighter.

Darryl G
01-09-2013, 01:54 PM
Thanks for the backup Green, and BTW, they're hanging well and feeling firm, lmao.

Ridin' Green
01-09-2013, 02:19 PM
Thanks for the backup Green, and BTW, they're hanging well and feeling firm, lmao.

I still laugh every time I read it.:laugh:

crazyflyboy30
01-10-2013, 02:04 AM
I am thowing one more in the mix I like true 4 strokes no't some 4-mix .I thinking of getting a Makita Model: BBX7600CA or a Dolmar PB-7601.4 as they are the same blower
PB-7601.4
Overall weight 10.2 kg (22.4 lbs)
Displacement 75.6 cc Stihl 64.8 cc (3.95 cu. in.)
Power rating 2.8 kW (3.8 HP) Stihl 3.0 kW (4.0 bhp)
Fuel tank capacity 1.9 l (64.2 oz) Stihl 1400 cc (47.3 oz.)
Engine 4-stroke Stihl 4-mix
Max air speed 87 m/s (195 mph) Stihl 90 m/sec. (201 mph) Husqvarna 206.2 mph
Air volume max 20.4 m³/min (720 cfm)Stihl 1210 m³/h (712 cfm) Husqvarna 907.6 cfm
Look like the Dolmar and the Stihl output are allmost the same I the Husqvarna has more output but at a big weight , price and 100 dB. So I will give up some output for the Dolmar to get a true 4-stroke.

Darryl G
01-10-2013, 08:28 AM
Keep in mind that the weight given for the Makita is without the tubes on...why they'd do that I have no idea but that's what it says in the manual. Also add the weight of the oil which is always going to be in the crankcase (7.4 fl oz) and consider that those cfm numbers are at the housing...it's only 526 at the tube. Sounds to me like you get a big, heavy wimpy blower.

http://www.makita.com/en-us/Modules/Tools/ToolDetails.aspx?ID=349733

Darryl G
01-10-2013, 08:55 AM
Hmmm...I just caluclated the power index for the Makita and Husky and the Husky comes out to be 82% more powerfull...that's a lot!

snow4me
01-10-2013, 10:31 AM
..........And if it had a much better shoulder harness like the Husky's do, it wouldn't bother you having to wear it for 3 or more hours like the Stihl can even if it is lighter.

Ridin' have you used both the 580BTS and BR600? You may be talking me into switching brands...how does the Husky strap system work? Does is include two cross straps one for hip and chest? How is the padding?

The only complaint I have with the BR600 is it does get uncomfortable wearing for more than 2 hours. I also do not like the fact they charge you extra for the hip belt.

Darryl G
01-10-2013, 11:05 AM
Ridin' has the 570. The 570 doesn't have a waist strap, just a chest strap. I have a 580 that I bought in 2011 when they first came out, so it has seen 2 leaf cleanup seasons and one mowing season. The Husky 580 has both a chest strap and a padded hip belt. It does a really nice job of allowing you to transfer the weight to you hips, chest or shoulders depending on preference. I tend to snug the waist strap up pretty good and just use the chest strap to keep the shoulder straps in place. It's an excellent harness system that makes using such a big heavy blower more comfortable than my old Shindaiwa EB630s. It's every bit as nice as found on mountaineering backpacks (I'm a 3,000+ mile backpacker). BTW, I don't know who the models were for their strap sizes but the chest strap is barely long enough to go across my chest and I have a long tail of waist strap. I put up a picture of the 580 harness in this thread...see post #10.http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=391999&highlight=harness

Mine is showing some wear from the blower tube rubbing against it now but not like it's falling apart.

snow4me
01-10-2013, 11:48 AM
Ridin' has the 570. The 570 doesn't have a waist strap, just a chest strap. I have a 580 that I bought in 2011 when they first came out, so it has seen 2 leaf cleanup seasons and one mowing season. The Husky 580 has both a chest strap and a padded hip belt. It does a really nice job of allowing you to transfer the weight to you hips, chest or shoulders depending on preference. I tend to snug the waist strap up pretty good and just use the chest strap to keep the shoulder straps in place. It's an excellent harness system that makes using such a big heavy blower more comfortable than my old Shindaiwa EB630s. It's every bit as nice as found on mountaineering backpacks (I'm a 3,000+ mile backpacker). BTW, I don't know who the models were for their strap sizes but the chest strap is barely long enough to go across my chest and I have a long tail of waist strap. I put up a picture of the 580 harness in this thread...see post #10.http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=391999&highlight=harness

Mine is showing some wear from the blower tube rubbing against it now but not like it's falling apart.

Darryl,

Thanks for the info and link to the pic. I have a similar less padded version of that shoulder strap harness system on a 5 gallon back pack sprayer and I like the stability of having the strap across my chest and waist.

When I'm ready to buy another blower I will give the Husky dealer a call and try one out. I'm glad I chimed in on this thread.., knowledge gained on here has helped me a lot.:drinkup:

Ridin' Green
01-10-2013, 12:00 PM
Ridin' have you used both the 580BTS and BR600? You may be talking me into switching brands...how does the Husky strap system work? Does is include two cross straps one for hip and chest? How is the padding?

The only complaint I have with the BR600 is it does get uncomfortable wearing for more than 2 hours. I also do not like the fact they charge you extra for the hip belt.

Darryl is correct. I have the 570. I also bought my 570 when they first came out in late fall 2011. I looked at both the 570 and 580 when I bought it, but I preferred the 570 to the 580 for the higher MPH it has, since it has plenty of CFM. The higher MPH helps me out when scouring wet stuck down debris. I use my blowers for more than just leaf and grass removal.

I also have the BR600M. It is a great blower with good power and very light, but the shoulder straps tend to want to work their way off your shoulders when using it for more than say 15 minutes. For just a quick clean off of a drive or walkway somewwhere, it is fine. It starts very easily, hot or cold- every time. But, when it comes to shear blowing power, the Husky is a lot stronger.

The Husky shoulder straps look flat/thin at first glance, but they are extremely comfortable to use/wear for long periods of time. It has ears on each side of your waste that hold the blower right in place without having the waste belt. The 570 has a very good crosss chest strap that holds the blower in place exceptionally well. You can bend over to pick up stuff and it stays right where it should on your back. I really can't say enough good stuff about the Husky.

My chest bstrap is plenty long on my 570, even with a heavy coat on in late fall, and Darryl and I are very close in size.

Darryl G
01-10-2013, 12:16 PM
It's my big manly chest! LOL, actually last I knew I wore a 44 long jacket or tall men's large, so not like I'm all that big of a guy.

cpllawncare
01-10-2013, 12:19 PM
I would say that even going to a husky blower isn't going to cut down the time so much as to make a difference. A 3 hr job isn't going to turn into an 1.5 hr job just by going to the husky so it ain't worth it to me. I still don't get the shoulder harness thing stihls harness is fine for me

Ridin' Green
01-10-2013, 01:12 PM
I would say that even going to a husky blower isn't going to cut down the time so much as to make a difference. A 3 hr job isn't going to turn into an 1.5 hr job just by going to the husky so it ain't worth it to me. I still don't get the shoulder harness thing stihls harness is fine for me

Don't take it as a critisizm of your blower choice. It isn't, at least not from me. Like I said, I own both. There's simply no comparison between them comfortwise. The Stihl is a fine blower, the Husky even more so. My 570 weighs 3 lbs more than my Stihl, which isn't all that much, but it feels a LOT lighter after more than 15-20 minutes of continual use due to it's superior harness system.

It won't cut a 3 hour job down to 1.5, but it can easily cut it down to 2.5 and even 2 if the debris is heavy enough to where the Stihl can't move it fast enough, or it gets to the point that the Stihl won't move it at all anymore, because the Husky will keep on going for a while yet.

snow4me
01-10-2013, 01:28 PM

I love when guys say something like this... to which I alaway reply let's do the math on that.

Lets say you are using a blower maybe 1 hour a day x 5 days week x 32 weeks (Illinois season) = 160 hours each year.

If you go by CFM or volume of air moved a Stihl BR600 712CFM divided by Husky 580BFS 908CFM = .784 x 160hours = 125.44 hours worked using Husky minus 160 with Stihl = 34.56 hours saved in one year. I dunno about you but I pay myself more than $10 per hour but lets just use ten as a figure you will then save $354.60 per year by using the Husky blower over the Stihl.

That to me seems like money well spent :rolleyes:

snow4me
01-10-2013, 01:31 PM
I love when guys say something like this. I always reply... let's do the math on that.

Lets say you are using a blower maybe 1 hour a day x 5 days week x 32 weeks (Illinois season) = 160 hours each year.

If you go by CFM or volume of air moved a Stihl BR600 712CFM divided by Husky 580BFS 908CFM = .784 x 160hours = 125.44 hours worked using Husky minus 160 with Stihl = 34.56 hours saved in one year. I dunno about you but I pay myself more than $10 per hour but lets just use ten as a figure you will then save $354.60 per year by using the Husky blower over the Stihl.

That to me seems like money well spent :rolleyes:

Now that I just talked myself into another capital expenditure...
Anyone interested in a pair of used Stihl BR600 Blowers? :clapping:

Ridin' Green
01-10-2013, 01:49 PM
Now that I just talked myself into another capital expenditure...
Anyone interested in a pair of used Stihl BR600 Blowers? :clapping:
:laugh::laugh:

I keep my BR600 for back-up and when I have to blow in an area that the quieter the better is in play.

Darryl G
01-10-2013, 02:05 PM
Ridin' makes a good point. A more powerful blower will not only do things faster, but it can do things that a less powerful blower just can't. Those branches that you can't move and need to pick up by hand, the leaves that you can't easily get out of the pachysandra, the wall of leaves that is no longer moving, working in the rain sleet and snow (yes, I've done that) when otherwise you'd just wait for better conditions.

I bought my 580 as a cleanup machine but found that it saves me a lot of time on the mowing route too. If I put an extra intermediate tube on it which helps focus the air stream, I can literally blow clippings off pavement from 30 feet away...a bit less in the factory configuration. I like to leave all hard surfaces spotless and on some accounts with large parking areas and turn-outs I'll just stand in one spot and swing an arc with the blower and be able to clear the whole area without moving from that spot. I don't know about you guys, but what gets me at the end of a long day is my feet, so the less walking the better.

lawnboy dan
01-10-2013, 06:23 PM
i used the br600 all day today-the straps are a joke for a premium blower. also mine runs out of gas at 1/2 tank! its a graet blower otherwise. love the power!. of course for really big jobs i get out the redmax 8000

crazyflyboy30
01-10-2013, 07:37 PM
Hmmm...I just caluclated the power index for the Makita and Husky and the Husky comes out to be 82% more powerfull...that's a lot!

I say Hmmm to day after talking to my Husqvarna dealer he will sell me at cost on a package deal so may get the 580 Husqvarna after all .He's to talk to the factory rep to see what is cost is he is a new dealer.

Darryl G
01-10-2013, 07:48 PM
The 570 is pretty close in performance to the 580 and has higher air speed, which should scour stuck debris better. No hip belt though.

I was a little disappointed with the scouring ability of the 580 for such a big and powerful blower. I'm a tall guy and to scour I have to point it right in front of my feet, which results in some "backwash" going behind me. I bought an extra intermediate tube for it for when I'm scouring a lot of stuck stuff and for blasting out drainage ditches and stuff. I'm used to longer tubes like on the Shindaiwa machines and would rather be working out in front of myself more than at my feet. I had the same problem when I demo'd the Echo 770 though which also has short tubes.

crazyflyboy30
01-10-2013, 09:05 PM
I going to see what my dealer can do but if he is no't good on the price is it OK to buy on ebay they have the new Husqvarna 580BTS for $469.99 with FREE Standard Shipping and even less with the make offer .And the 570bts for $419 with free shipping.

crazyflyboy30
01-10-2013, 10:10 PM
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=248227&highlight=dolmar+blower They said it is almost as strong as a Redmax 8000 and "Thougt I would give a quick update! blower has run flawless easy on gas good power and is light! I will be buying more! Very Happy!" "I have at least 20 tanks run through mine and it has been fantastic! The other thing I like is the choke on it! Unlike the redmax which drops on while using it the dolmar is choked the oposit way and does not do this! Very Nice and nice to see someone was thinking on that one!" I got the Dolmar PB-7601.4 a min. a go on ebay for $350 so I will see what it will do and I may still get the Husqvarna 580bts if the price is real good .

Biogreen
01-10-2013, 10:33 PM
We are one of the few lawn care service companies that blow the leaves (if needed) before we spray Bio Green we use our BR -550. theres no other.

crazyflyboy30
01-10-2013, 11:27 PM
We are one of the few lawn care service companies that blow the leaves (if needed) before we spray Bio Green we use our BR -550. theres no other.

After what I read on this post http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=384686&highlight=Dolmar&page=3 Stihl 4 mix , the throw away trimmers I will never buy a Stihl at all!!

cpllawncare
01-11-2013, 12:00 AM
After what I read on this post http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=384686&highlight=Dolmar&page=3 Stihl 4 mix , the throw away trimmers I will never buy a Stihl at all!!

you'll usually be working with inferior equipt then! I'd say 90% of landscapers use Stihl there's a reason for this!

Richard Martin
01-11-2013, 03:51 AM
After what I read on this post Stihl 4 mix , the throw away trimmers I will never buy a Stihl at all!!

You're missing out then. I started buying Stihl 4 Mix equipment in 2005. I've bought 3 so far (I'm a solo) and all 3 are still running like a champ. I'd have more but I just don't care for the weight and balance of their 4 Mix trimmers. I use Kawasaki trimmers.

crazyflyboy30
01-11-2013, 10:53 AM
you'll usually be working with inferior equipt then! I'd say 90% of landscapers use Stihl there's a reason for this!

I have a budy has 2 Stihl backpack blower both are dead in less than 3 year this and that I see some say's someing bad about Sthil no every post I read so Sthil is out my list! If Stihl had a true 4-stoke with oil in the case I think about it I have MTD 4-stoke's that are 7 year old still run very good.

Valk
01-11-2013, 10:59 AM
If everything read on the internet is true...then nothing is true.

If a LCO dislikes cheap customers, then a dealer will likewise not appreciate their cheap LCO customers.

Would you go the extra mile for a cheap customer? Then why should your dealer do the same for one of their cheap customers?

Symbiotic relationships require efforts on both sides:
LCO to customer -> customer to LCO
LCO to Dealer -> Dealer to LCO

crazyflyboy30
01-11-2013, 12:22 PM
1 Stihl 4 mix , the throw away trimmers 2New stihl problem--backpack blower shot after 8 months... 3 redmax vs. stihl blower "my stihl blower is located at the bottom of the river"4"I personally do not like the stihl handhelds so I would say redmax" some good reading .

Richard Martin
01-11-2013, 01:29 PM
1 Stihl 4 mix , the throw away trimmers 2New stihl problem--backpack blower shot after 8 months... 3 redmax vs. stihl blower "my stihl blower is located at the bottom of the river"4"I personally do not like the stihl handhelds so I would say redmax" some good reading .

You have dragged this thread so far off topic, it's impossible to get it back. You don't know what you want. At first you were a diehard Stihl fan and now you're a diehard Stihl hater. The question I have is???

When will you be starting high school?

Darryl G
01-11-2013, 01:37 PM
LOL Richard.

I think the key to longevity with any piece of equipment is proper care and maintenance. I get a kick out of guys who never read an owner's manual, fail to use the proper gas and/or oil, fail to ensure that the carburator is adjusted properly, fail to ever clean the cooling fins, fail to properly maintain/replace the air filter, fail to adjust the valves (as applicable), use it for applications for which it was not intended and then complain that the unit failed prematurely. Yes, I've been guilty of some of the above, but I don't blame the equipment manufacturer.

crazyflyboy30
01-11-2013, 02:14 PM
You have dragged this thread so far off topic, it's impossible to get it back. You don't know what you want. At first you were a diehard Stihl fan and now you're a diehard Stihl hater. The question I have is???

When will you be starting high school?

I sent Stihl a email give me a call I will help them out .Has going for love to hate for Stihl was after I did some reading and ever one that I know that has had one I said had one they did no't last long I did remember this in the beginning of the post.

Richard Martin
01-11-2013, 03:01 PM
I sent Stihl a email give me a call I will help them out .

Right. Experience from someone that has never used or owned a 4 Mix. That's valuable.

NOT!

cpllawncare
01-11-2013, 03:20 PM
RIGHT Call Stihl and help them out, I'm sure they need it! they're German remember! Be sure and talk to one of their engineers so you can explain to him what their problem is ok. Let us know his response.

Ridin' Green
01-11-2013, 03:40 PM
crazyflyboy-

I don't want to pick on you, but could you please try to write your posts more clearly? I'm not sure what you are saying (or asking) a lot of the time.:confused:

Groomer
01-11-2013, 04:45 PM
I sent Stihl a email give me a call I will help them out .Has going for love to hate for Stihl was after I did some reading and ever one that I know that has had one I said had one they did no't last long I did remember this in the beginning of the post.

Ahh, the true meaning of the word articulate.

HusqvarnaRules
01-11-2013, 05:24 PM
RIGHT Call Stihl and help them out, I'm sure they need it! they're German remember! Be sure and talk to one of their engineers so you can explain to him what their problem is ok. Let us know his response.

I've contacted a company and voiced my opinion on build quality and a common sense approach to making design changes. Whether it was coincidental or not the changes I recommended were implemented into the next generation of that product.

Being an engineer means little to me. Just means most went to college for it. Never guarantees anything. Being German means even less. I'd rather have Japanese quality than pretty much anything to ever come out of Germany.

People seem to think Germans have it all figured out. Yeah that worked out well for the Mayans too didn't it?

crazyflyboy30
01-11-2013, 07:00 PM
Right. Experience from someone that has never used or owned a 4 Mix. That's valuable.

NOT!

You got right never have never will I do have 6 4-strokes hand held 4 timmers and 2 blowers with no problems one is 7 years none have been touched no't ever a sparkplug.

crazyflyboy30
01-11-2013, 07:09 PM
I've contacted a company and voiced my opinion on build quality and a common sense approach to making design changes. Whether it was coincidental or not the changes I recommended were implemented into the next generation of that product.

Being an engineer means little to me. Just means most went to college for it. Never guarantees anything. Being German means even less. I'd rather have Japanese quality than pretty much anything to ever come out of Germany.

People seem to think Germans have it all figured out. Yeah that worked out well for the Mayans too didn't it?

I hope the Germans have it all figured out I got Dolmar PB-7601.4 Blower on the way.And a 580bts next week it will be fist 2-stroke I got in very long time other than aiplane engines.

Darryl G
01-11-2013, 07:40 PM
Why no 1 care Dolmar and Makita big blow give weigh with no tube but must have tube to use and them give cfm at house not tube which make big heavy blower but they hide that in what they tell.

cpllawncare
01-11-2013, 09:25 PM

Well let's see, I 'm not a big fan of the Germans, I worked for them for six LOOOONG years, designed and implemented production processes as well as constructed their suv's, they've got something figured out though they can't make enough of their cars, every suv that came off the line was already sold, we put 700 suv's a day out the door with less than a 5% return rate, last I read they were up to 800 a day now. JAPANESE and QUALITY should never be put in the same sentence, especially with automobiles. If people really knew how cars were built they wouldn't pay what they charge for them.

Darryl G
01-11-2013, 09:32 PM
Don't get me started on German autos...I owned a VW Eurovan and put more money into that POS than every other car I've ever owned combined, and that was only from when the warranty expired to when I dumped it with 39,500 miles on it.

cpllawncare
01-11-2013, 09:56 PM
Don't get me started on German autos...I owned a VW Eurovan and put more money into that POS than every other car I've ever owned combined, and that was only from when the warranty expired to when I dumped it with 39,500 miles on it.

VW is no different than BMW overpriced piece of crap really.BMW= biatch, moan and whine cause that's all they do all day at work.

crazyflyboy30
01-12-2013, 01:58 AM
Why no 1 care Dolmar and Makita big blow give weigh with no tube but must have tube to use and them give cfm at house not tube which make big heavy blower but they hide that in what they tell.

I have read all the post on a other thread they say that it is as strong as a Redmax 8000 has it has 75.6 cc,3.8 hp ,720 cfm,195 mph,to me at 3.8hp would produces the 720 cfm,195 mph that is on the Technical specifications as for a comparison I say the Husqvarna 560BFS has 3.81 hp Air flow in pipe 632.13 cfm ,Air speed (round nozzle) 232.42 mph you can see that if air speed was lower some the cfm would go up and that the total output is almost the same.

crazyflyboy30
01-12-2013, 02:20 AM

As for the Redmax 8000 as 203 mph air speed 688 CFM at the pipe looks good to me .AS for the weigh of the tube you must be joking that's not enough for nothing I use a 23lb. backpack and a 10.5 handheld at the same time.

HusqvarnaRules
01-12-2013, 06:53 AM
Well let's see, I 'm not a big fan of the Germans, I worked for them for six LOOOONG years, designed and implemented production processes as well as constructed their suv's, they've got something figured out though they can't make enough of their cars, every suv that came off the line was already sold, we put 700 suv's a day out the door with less than a 5% return rate, last I read they were up to 800 a day now. JAPANESE and QUALITY should never be put in the same sentence, especially with automobiles. If people really knew how cars were built they wouldn't pay what they charge for them.

Some of my favorite "toys" are/were made in Japan and there is NO lack of quality/ingenuity. "German engineering" is hype and nothing more. Get over it!

Darryl G
01-12-2013, 08:12 AM
Now I see you have totally different numbers for the Redmax. The 720 cfm for the Dolmar is at the housing...the cfm at the tubes for the Makita is 526, which I presume is the same for the Dolmar...that's pretty weak by todays standards. I calculate the Dolmar to be 36% less powerful than the 8000, that's pretty significant.

Darryl G
01-12-2013, 08:20 AM
PS...if you got a real blower you wouldn't need to use a handlheld along with it, lol.

lawnboy dan
01-12-2013, 08:37 AM
dolmar products are really robin so they are jap made-not german. usually i prefer jap also but the shindy 4 strokes are terriable. they should never have been sold till they were prefected. a huge stain on shindy,s reputation.

crazyflyboy30
01-12-2013, 10:52 AM
Now I see you have totally different numbers for the Redmax. The 720 cfm for the Dolmar is at the housing...the cfm at the tubes for the Makita is 526, which I presume is the same for the Dolmar...that's pretty weak by todays standards. I calculate the Dolmar to be 36% less powerful than the 8000, that's pretty significant.

The Dolmar has 3.8hp get through your head !at is the same as a Husqvarna560BFS it has 3.81 hp 632.13 cfm 232.42 mph A blind men could see that's close to the same as the Dolmar (720 cfm) (195 mph)and has for the Makita is 526cfm in the post "I have them and to be honest it is not far behind the 8000 redmax! I can do more in a day with it than I can the redmax 8000because it is a couple of pounds lighter! It is a whole lot easier on the back!"
One of their engineers at Makita
"He thought that the published Makita numbers were too conservative and suggested Makita might be correcting these specs"Do I need to keep going on ?

crazyflyboy30
01-12-2013, 11:04 AM
Bottom line I can find hundreds of post than have some thing to say bad about Stihl I can't find one bad post on a Dolmar ....

Darryl G
01-12-2013, 11:24 AM
HP does not necessarily translate into either mph or cfm. Listen...get it through your head...you're using the wrong cfm number...that is at the housing, not the end of the pipe. Makita reports the same 720 at the housing but also report it at the tube. If you want to believe that they somehow defy the laws of physics and get the same cfm at the tube as at the housing then yes, they are close in power...but the facts don't seem to support that.

From the numbers I have seen the Dolmar does not have comparable power output to the Husky 560. The best indication of the power of the units is a calculation of their power index, which you get by multiplying the cfm by the mph and then dividing by 10,000. So you've got 526 x 195 = 10.25 for the Makita/Dolmar. For the Husky 560 you've got 632 x 232 = 14.7. 14.7/10.25 makes the 560 43% more powerful. Now compare it to the Husky 580/Redmax 8500 with 908 cfm at 206 mph, giving a power index of 18.7...that's 82% more powerful than the Dolmar/Makita. Sorry but there's just no comparison.

I don't care what you buy or what you use but I don't want other people basing their decisions on false criteria. And again...the weight given for the Dolmar/Makita is without the tubes on dude...yeah they're only plastic but they aren't weightless.

Ridin' Green
01-12-2013, 03:09 PM
The Dolmar has 3.8hp get through your head !at is the same as a Husqvarna560BFS it has 3.81 hp 632.13 cfm 232.42 mph A blind men could see that's close to the same as the Dolmar (720 cfm) (195 mph)and has for the Makita is 526cfm in the post "I have them and to be honest it is not far behind the 8000 redmax! I can do more in a day with it than I can the redmax 8000because it is a couple of pounds lighter! It is a whole lot easier on the back!"
One of their engineers at Makita
"He thought that the published Makita numbers were too conservative and suggested Makita might be correcting these specs"Do I need to keep going on ?

Fly-

HP means not much when you look at blowers. The BR600 and Husky 570 both are righ at 4 HP, but the Husky is a LOT more blower than the 600. It is all in the design of the fan itself, and the size/shapes of the tubes. I have both, and I know first hand.

If you want a dolmar, get one, but don't try to make it into something that it isn't just to make yourself feel good. Instead of speculating about them or reading BS on the net, go run them side by side on the same debris at the same exact time. You will see the difference, no question.

What Darryl is trying to get across to you is exactly right. You just need to listen. Dealers and manu's will always try to make their stuff sound better. They're trying to make a sale.

Richard Martin
01-12-2013, 03:15 PM
The BR600 and Husky 570 both are righ at 4 HP, but the Husky is a LOT more blower than the 600.

Don't say that to a Stihl dealer. I asked my dealer about Stihl making a bigger blower. He looked at me like I had two heads. Then he said that there would be no point since Stihl already has the baddest blower on the market. I didn't say another word.

Ridin' Green
01-12-2013, 03:33 PM
Don't say that to a Stihl dealer. I asked my dealer about Stihl making a bigger blower. He looked at me like I had two heads. Then he said that there would be no point since Stihl already has the baddest blower on the market. I didn't say another word.

I know what you mean. I told that exact thing to the Stihl rep at our open house last spring. He got that "oh crap, here it comes look", but he ended up being pretty cool about it. I asked if Stihl would be coming out with something like a 650 or 700, and he said no. They had no plans to go bigger because to be able to keep up with the EPA regs the machine would just be too big and heavy, which is what they consider their strongest asset right now in the 600.

weaver
01-12-2013, 07:00 PM

Hey i really like Echo products.. How does the 770t compare to these blowers.. Just asking cause it seems like you guys know all the specs and everything...

Richard Martin
01-12-2013, 07:10 PM
Hey i really like Echo products.. How does the 770t compare to these blowers.. Just asking cause it seems like you guys know all the specs and everything...

I couldn't even tell you the specs on my BR600s. I put gas and oil in them, change the filters once in a while, adjust the valves once a year, and use them. I've no interest in any other blowers at this time. I don't usually have mountains of leaves to move and if it gets to be too much for the BR600, I roll the Little Wonder off the trailer. :dancing:

Darryl G
01-12-2013, 07:26 PM
The 770 is a pretty nice and powerful blower. I gave one a short "test ride" at my dealer before I bought my Husqvarna 580. There wasn't really anything about it I didn't like other than that it also has fairly short tubes. Nice case, nice shoulder straps, fired right up and blew hard. I didn't get to try it on heavy debris myself but I have also run side-by-side with one and my 580 definitely outblows it, but not by a ton. It's one of the few blowers that I could probably use at this point and not feel like it was an underpowered wimp of a machine.

weaver
01-12-2013, 07:32 PM
The 770 is a pretty nice and powerful blower. I gave one a short "test ride" at my dealer before I bought my Husqvarna 580. There wasn't really anything about it I didn't like other than that it also has fairly short tubes. Nice case, nice shoulder straps, fired right up and blew hard. I didn't get to try it on heavy debris myself but I have also run side-by-side with one and my 580 definitely outblows it, but not by a ton. It's one of the few blowers that I could probably use at this point and not feel like it was an underpowered wimp of a machine.

Ya that Husqvarna is all over the net & seems like everyone says the same thing.. Best blower ever. I like to keep all my handhelds the same brand and have very good luck with Echo and will probably stick with em, but would'nt mind trying that Husqvarna sometime...

Darryl G
01-12-2013, 07:59 PM
I can't see someone being disappointed with a 770. I was pretty impressed with it and almost bought one. The friend of mine who I was running next to said he was having problems with the shut-off switch on his, but says he has that problem on all of his Echos, which is all he runs...not sure if it's him or the blowers.

crazyflyboy30
01-12-2013, 10:10 PM
Ya that Husqvarna is all over the net & seems like everyone says the same thing.. Best blower ever. I like to keep all my handhelds the same brand and have very good luck with Echo and will probably stick with em, but would'nt mind trying that Husqvarna sometime...

I can't wait for my Husqvarna 580BTS and my Dolmar PB-7601.4:clapping:

Darryl G
01-12-2013, 10:37 PM
This has been posted here before, but it's probably the closest you're going to get to a real world somewhat scientific comparison of some of the most popluar blowers. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePqL085xf-g

weaver
01-12-2013, 10:42 PM
This has been posted here before, but it's probably the closest you're going to get to a real world somewhat scientific comparison of some of the most popluar blowers. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePqL085xf-g

Big diffetence between that 755& that 770.. Big.. nice video...
Posted via Mobile Device

Darryl G
01-12-2013, 10:45 PM
Yeah, it seems they did their homework on the 770.

crazyflyboy30
01-12-2013, 11:45 PM
HP does not necessarily translate into either mph or cfm. Listen...get it through your head...you're using the wrong cfm number...that is at the housing, not the end of the pipe. Makita reports the same 720 at the housing but also report it at the tube. If you want to believe that they somehow defy the laws of physics and get the same cfm at the tube as at the housing then yes, they are close in power...but the facts don't seem to support that.

From the numbers I have seen the Dolmar does not have comparable power output to the Husky 560. The best indication of the power of the units is a calculation of their power index, which you get by multiplying the cfm by the mph and then dividing by 10,000. So you've got 526 x 195 = 10.25 for the Makita/Dolmar. For the Husky 560 you've got 632 x 232 = 14.7. 14.7/10.25 makes the 560 43% more powerful. Now compare it to the Husky 580/Redmax 8500 with 908 cfm at 206 mph, giving a power index of 18.7...that's 82% more powerful than the Dolmar/Makita. Sorry but there's just no comparison.

I don't care what you buy or what you use but I don't want other people basing their decisions on false criteria. And again...the weight given for the Dolmar/Makita is without the tubes on dude...yeah they're only plastic but they aren't weightless.

"I just bought the Makita BBX7600 recently from Amazon for $399.99 including shipping and it is virtually the same blower as the Robin with the 76.6cc true 4-stroke engine (not 4-mix) which, by the way is really made by Subaru. I wrote a nice review for it. There are different specs quoted by different sellers, it IS a powerful blower so the lower specs quoted are most likely underated. BTW there is no across the board standard method of testing blowers anyway so I would not give much credence to manufacturer specs"by SDK1959

Darryl G
01-12-2013, 11:53 PM
Sorry but posting heresay on this board doesn't get you very far!

crazyflyboy30
01-12-2013, 11:57 PM

Yes I love it .I see what has been said about the 2 big Redmax or the 570 and 580 are so close it my no't be worth the $50 to $80 difference .

Darryl G
01-13-2013, 12:23 AM
The 580 is more for heavy debris and has a waist belt. But yes, they are close in performance on that test and their indexes are very close too if you calculate them. The 580 has significantly higher cfm while the 570 has significantly higher mph, likely due largely to different nozzles on the ends. $50 to $80 shouldn't be much of a decision maker on what I consider to be a key piece of lawn care equipment that should give several years of service, in my opinion. My purchase of a 580 has all but eliminated my use of a wheel blower. I originally was considering the Shindaiwa EB802 because I have gotten such great service out of my EB630s, but the exhaust on it seems to make it much less of a blower than it should be. For me it came down to the Shin 802, Echo 770 and Husky 580 and the 580 untimately won.

Here's a short video I made of the 580 in action...should have put some bigger firewood out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgxwaIoSuhg

Here's one with me playing backetball with it. Try that with your Dolmar ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oovm_FtUE6k

crazyflyboy30
01-13-2013, 12:24 AM
Sorry but posting heresay on this board doesn't get you very far!

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=248227&highlight=dolmar+blower&page=5

Darryl G
01-13-2013, 12:46 AM
Obviously you don't know what heresay is, lol. Is it your direct experience? I've already read that and I've also read all the reviews by the guys who burned them out in short order due to their tiny 7 ounce oil reservoir.

Again, go for it, I don't care...but don't go making it out to be more than it is...it's a 195 mph blower that has a 720 cfm rating at the housing and 526 cfm at the tube that with tubes on would not be significantly lighther than blowers that greatly outperform it, based on the numbers provided by the manufacturer.

Did you see this review? "After this was delivered it ran for 5 minutes and has never run again. There appears to be a problem with a pin that controls the fuel intake. The repair shop has been trying to get a replacement part from the manufacturer for over a year. Learned my lesson."

How about this one? "I WAS very happy with this blower until I destroyed it by failing to check the oil frequently enough. As the other reviewers attest, it is quiet, powerful, and heavy."

This one? "This blower should be AVOIDED! It has a life of about 2 months than the engine for all intensive purposes is Dead! Did they even test this thing long term ??

So I brought my shiny new DEAD unit for repair and its covered by warranty.Only problem is that Makita Tool dealers really dont even know how to fix them. So they slap a new carb on and some more new parts and test it for I Guessa minute call me up and say it is ready.I than go on to use it and low and behold it has no power and just dies.

So do i bring it back again? Whats the game plan here ,a few dozen trips to get it fixed than it falls out of warranty next year? So my total useage will be two months and 2 months in repair shop and a month of broken use than the winter and than warranty is gone and I guess i throw it out. $450 Wasted.

I really dont see how Makita can bring this worthless garbage to market ! The core engine design is a trainwreck.I would venture to say this model is completely discontinued or redsigned .Or maybe they will peddle more of these out on unsuspecting customers like myself?"

What about all the ones reporting problems with the carb gasket blowing out?

Personally I think I'll stick with buying my equipment from local dealers who can provide me with support and service.

crazyflyboy30
01-13-2013, 11:13 AM
Obviously you don't know what heresay is, lol. Is it your direct experience? I've already read that and I've also read all the reviews by the guys who burned them out in short order due to their tiny 7 ounce oil reservoir.

Again, go for it, I don't care...but don't go making it out to be more than it is...it's a 195 mph blower that has a 720 cfm rating at the housing and 526 cfm at the tube that with tubes on would not be significantly lighther than blowers that greatly outperform it, based on the numbers provided by the manufacturer.

Did you see this review? "After this was delivered it ran for 5 minutes and has never run again. There appears to be a problem with a pin that controls the fuel intake. The repair shop has been trying to get a replacement part from the manufacturer for over a year. Learned my lesson."

How about this one? "I WAS very happy with this blower until I destroyed it by failing to check the oil frequently enough. As the other reviewers attest, it is quiet, powerful, and heavy."

This one? "This blower should be AVOIDED! It has a life of about 2 months than the engine for all intensive purposes is Dead! Did they even test this thing long term ??

So I brought my shiny new DEAD unit for repair and its covered by warranty.Only problem is that Makita Tool dealers really dont even know how to fix them. So they slap a new carb on and some more new parts and test it for I Guessa minute call me up and say it is ready.I than go on to use it and low and behold it has no power and just dies.

So do i bring it back again? Whats the game plan here ,a few dozen trips to get it fixed than it falls out of warranty next year? So my total useage will be two months and 2 months in repair shop and a month of broken use than the winter and than warranty is gone and I guess i throw it out. $450 Wasted.

I really dont see how Makita can bring this worthless garbage to market ! The core engine design is a trainwreck.I would venture to say this model is completely discontinued or redsigned .Or maybe they will peddle more of these out on unsuspecting customers like myself?"

What about all the ones reporting problems with the carb gasket blowing out?

Personally I think I'll stick with buying my equipment from local dealers who can provide me with support and service.

I see what heresay is in your post all but one did no't say what they walk about they could been talking about a Stihl I will consider this matter closed.

crazyflyboy30
01-13-2013, 12:05 PM
The 580 is more for heavy debris and has a waist belt. But yes, they are close in performance on that test and their indexes are very close too if you calculate them. The 580 has significantly higher cfm while the 570 has significantly higher mph, likely due largely to different nozzles on the ends. $50 to $80 shouldn't be much of a decision maker on what I consider to be a key piece of lawn care equipment that should give several years of service, in my opinion. My purchase of a 580 has all but eliminated my use of a wheel blower. I originally was considering the Shindaiwa EB802 because I have gotten such great service out of my EB630s, but the exhaust on it seems to make it much less of a blower than it should be. For me it came down to the Shin 802, Echo 770 and Husky 580 and the 580 untimately won.

Here's a short video I made of the 580 in action...should have put some bigger firewood out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgxwaIoSuhg

Here's one with me playing backetball with it. Try that with your Dolmar ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oovm_FtUE6k

I know it's off topic but it good.http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=VqmIXjXhTt8&feature=endscreen

Ridin' Green
01-13-2013, 12:20 PM
I know it's off topic but it good.http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=VqmIXjXhTt8&feature=endscreen

That's a great link and it shows what I've known for years. However, now Stihl is using a turbo air cleaning system on their saws too. Still not as good as the original though.

Darryl G
01-13-2013, 01:02 PM
I see what heresay is in your post all but one did no't say what they walk about they could been talking about a Stihl I will consider this matter closed.

They were talking about your beloved blower which as far as I can tell you have still never seen or used personally.

crazyflyboy30
01-13-2013, 03:06 PM
They were talking about your beloved blower which as far as I can tell you have still never seen or used personally.

KO well enough then Thank You for the information I can't stop it now the new Dolmar PB-7601.4 will be here some time week and I with you on the Husqvarna 580BFS that is the all out best blower I have one on order aswell from my dealer that said he will sell me at cost so I can't pass that up and I been calling and stoping by for weeks I think will shoot me if say I need it now.

crazyflyboy30
01-13-2013, 09:41 PM
I think will shoot me if I say I don'tneed it now

crazyflyboy30
01-13-2013, 11:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hx-ESY4RTA This guy is crazy guy thowing the blower all over the place.

Darryl G
01-13-2013, 11:22 PM
Not a problem for the Husky or Redmax but don't try it with the Dolmar...gotta keep it upright at all times per the manual :p...seriously needs to be stored upright but who doesn't do that anyway.

weaver
01-14-2013, 10:01 AM
Hey on the 580 model, what's the difference between the BTS & BFS blowers?

Darryl G
01-14-2013, 10:28 AM
BTS is tube mounted throttle and BFS is frame (hip) mounted. Other than that no difference.

crazyflyboy30
01-14-2013, 08:54 PM
Hey on the 580 model, what's the difference between the BTS & BFS blowers?

http://www.husqvarna.com/us/products/blowers/580bts/ This is the one I am getting soon.

Darryl G
01-14-2013, 10:04 PM
http://www.husqvarna.com/us/products/blowers/580bts/ This is the one I am getting soon.
Those things blow! :laugh:

crazyflyboy30
01-14-2013, 10:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23M_xYkg2rw This guy said it all.

Darryl G
01-14-2013, 10:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFR4e-Fm45Q

crazyflyboy30
01-17-2013, 05:48 PM
:clapping:580BTS Monday:clapping:

weaver
01-17-2013, 05:51 PM
:clapping:580BTS Monday:clapping:

I'll believe it when i see the pics...:waving:

Darryl G
01-17-2013, 08:25 PM
What happened to the Dolmar you said you were getting? And those 580s are gigantic, heavy and loud as hell. You'd have to be crazy to get one of them!

crazyflyboy30
01-17-2013, 08:33 PM
I'll believe it when i see the pics...:waving:

What my dealer said was Monday was the day I am sure he will be happier than I am to get me off this back I have been calling and going by for weeks and was excited to tell me that it on the truck Monday as I stop by to day.I still in the dark on the price butt he said it will be at he's cost so will see about that but at this point I don't care.:clapping:

crazyflyboy30
01-17-2013, 08:57 PM
What happened to the Dolmar you said you were getting? And those 580s are gigantic, heavy and loud as hell. You'd have to be crazy to get one of them!

You will happy to hear I put off order on the Dolmar on ebay they will carger my account with a nopay.Or I may get later but has for the Husqvarna 580BTS I got to get it Monday I can't wait to see what it will do I have 3 parking lots waiting for it.

cpllawncare
01-17-2013, 09:02 PM
What my dealer said was Monday was the day I am sure he will be happier than I am to get me off this back I have been calling and going by for weeks and was excited to tell me that it on the truck Monday as I stop by to day.I still in the dark on the price butt he said it will be at he's cost so will see about that but at this point I don't care.:clapping:

Geez dude! please go back to school and learn to write.You make no sense.

Darryl G
01-17-2013, 09:07 PM
Did I mention the 580 is gigantic heavy and loud? It is, but you'll love it anyway. Hey that reminds me...did I ever tell you guys about Heidi-Beth?

I think it's time to replace your signature line Ridin', lol

weaver
01-17-2013, 09:17 PM
Did I mention the 580 is gigantic heavy and loud? It is, but you'll love it anyway. Hey that reminds me...did I ever tell you guys about Heidi-Beth?

Heidi-Beth?
Posted via Mobile Device

crazyflyboy30
01-17-2013, 09:19 PM
Geez dude! please go back to school and learn to write.You make no sense.

What are you having a problem with ,Monday or in the dark ?

Darryl G
01-17-2013, 09:20 PM
Heidi-Beth?
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, she was gigantic, heavy and loud as hell too, but I loved her anyway. :laugh:

weaver
01-17-2013, 09:27 PM
Yeah, she was gigantic, heavy and loud as hell too, but I loved her anyway. :laugh:

Yea.. Ridin should love that...
Posted via Mobile Device

Darryl G
01-17-2013, 09:35 PM
Was kind of like doing it on a water bed, but without the water bed.

crazyflyboy30
01-17-2013, 09:37 PM

This is from a book"I remember Heidi laughing, screaming, banging stuff, flying across the room (with or without assistance from her father), standing on top of tables, climbing cabinets, swinging on doors. Seldom crying but when she did nothing was held back. "Is what my blower going to do is what you are saying LOL.:dizzy:

Darryl G
01-17-2013, 10:06 PM
The more I think about it, the more she was like the 580...did I mention that the 580 is an excellent blower?

crazyflyboy30
01-17-2013, 10:14 PM

Anything I need to know about the 580 as for break in ,running ,maintenance,nozzles ,whatever and what will help for the rocks on a parking lot?

Darryl G
01-17-2013, 10:26 PM
It should be able to blow cobbles on a parking lot. Seriously. Not much for break in. Just don't run it at steady rpms for long periods at first. The throttle response on mine was a little sluggish at first. It will be powerful for sure at first but the power will increase a bit after it breaks in...5 to 10 tanks or so. I like a longer blower tube so I bought an extra intermediate tube for blowing out drainage ditches and to have more pinpoint control at times, but usually I use it in the factory configuration. The tubes will be tight as hell at first...almost a 2 person job to put them on/take them off. Oh, there is a flat high velocity nozzle that comes with it too. I find it almost unuseable at any significant throttle...it just torques the tube too hard...just too hard to hold it.

P.S. - Maintenance, not much. I've cleaned my foam pre-filter a couple times, stays amazingly clean. Still on the original plug.

Ridin' Green
01-17-2013, 10:29 PM
Yea.. Ridin should love that...
Posted via Mobile Device

Hey, as long as that comment from Darryl in my signature makes me laugh, IT STAYS!

Besides, I don't know how many X rated signatures they'll allow me to post.:laugh::laugh:

Darryl G
01-17-2013, 10:37 PM
Sigh.............

Ridin' Green
01-17-2013, 10:39 PM
Sigh.............

You just keep servin' 'em up, and I'll keep catchin' 'em.:drinkup:

Darryl G
01-17-2013, 10:42 PM
It's ok....all in good fun. The one you just snagged didn't even occur to me though...good eye! Yes, their is such a thing as torquing your tube too hard. :laugh::laugh::laugh::drinkup:

Ridin' Green
01-17-2013, 10:45 PM
It's ok....all in good fun. The one you just snagged didn't even occur to me though...good eye! Yes, their is such a thing as torquing your tube too hard. :laugh::laugh::laugh::drinkup:

....especially after just reaching back and feeling them to see how firm they are.:laugh:

crazyflyboy30
01-17-2013, 11:28 PM
It should be able to blow cobbles on a parking lot. Seriously. Not much for break in. Just don't run it at steady rpms for long periods at first. The throttle response on mine was a little sluggish at first. It will be powerful for sure at first but the power will increase a bit after it breaks in...5 to 10 tanks or so. I like a longer blower tube so I bought an extra intermediate tube for blowing out drainage ditches and to have more pinpoint control at times, but usually I use it in the factory configuration. The tubes will be tight as hell at first...almost a 2 person job to put them on/take them off. Oh, there is a flat high velocity nozzle that comes with it too. I find it almost unuseable at any significant throttle...it just torques the tube too hard...just too hard to hold it.

P.S. - Maintenance, not much. I've cleaned my foam pre-filter a couple times, stays amazingly clean. Still on the original plug.

Thank You for the info. I will get it on Monday then I will have till thursday to get it break in some.

Darryl G
01-18-2013, 10:24 AM
You're welcome and you don't really need to break it in before using it. Also keep an eye out for hardware loosening up, as with any new equipment. That's my biggest problem with all of my equipment. The only real problem I have with my 580, and I guess it's really operator error, is turning it off when I don't mean to. I prefer a push-button kill switch that you have to deliberately push and hold to turn off.

crazyflyboy30
01-18-2013, 10:34 AM
You're welcome and you don't really need to break it in before using it. Also keep an eye out for hardware loosening up, as with any new equipment. That's my biggest problem with all of my equipment. The only real problem I have with my 580, and I guess it's really operator error, is turning it off when I don't mean to. I prefer a push-button kill switch that you have to deliberately push and hold to turn off.

I know that you talking about the blower I have now if the switch is touch at all it kills without holding it.

lil
01-19-2013, 05:09 PM
I ended up getting the BR 600 a couple of days ago and all I can say is.... WOW
What was once a strong fart is now a hurricane!
Posted via Mobile Device

cpllawncare
01-19-2013, 09:19 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Congrats! I said the same thing when I bought mine.

crazyflyboy30
01-20-2013, 01:12 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Congrats!:clapping:If you are like me I Love get some thing new. My new 580BTS will be here tomorrow.

weaver
01-20-2013, 04:27 PM
Congrats!:clapping:If you are like me I Love get some thing new. My new 580BTS will be here tomorrow.

If it where me i would have waited till this spring and got the New 590 BTS which is way more powerful and half the price...

Ridin' Green
01-20-2013, 04:40 PM
If it where me i would have waited till this spring and got the New 590 BTS which is way more powerful and half the price...
......or wait until mid summer when the new 600 BTS comes out. It will actuallly blow the debris into a pile, then bag it for you, and they're actually paying you to take them off your dealers hands.

Darryl G
01-20-2013, 04:42 PM
Yeah but with the dual blower tubes and supercharged engine the problem they're having with them is operators becoming airborne. :laugh:

weaver
01-21-2013, 05:31 PM

Well, i thought you would have posted some pics by now... Would like to see it...

:waving:

Darryl G
01-21-2013, 05:38 PM
I'm curious what dealer cost on them is. I already know what they look like. They're gigantic next to my old EB 630s which were on the high end of power back when I bought them.

weaver
01-21-2013, 05:44 PM
I'm curious what dealer cost on them is. I already know what they look like. They're gigantic next to my old EB 630s which were on the high end of power back when I bought them.

Ebay has been selling some.. Not sure what retail is but atleast no sales tax on there and usally free shipping..

Darryl G
01-21-2013, 06:33 PM
Retail is $579 for the 580s but careful with buying them on Ebay...often units there don't have a warranty unless you pay extra for it. Great, so I can buy one for $510 or so and then have to pay $100 for the warranty. May as well support my local dealer. I paid $529 for mine last year when they were $559. And techinically in my state sales tax is still due if you buy out of state and they don't collect CT sales tax.

crazyflyboy30
01-24-2013, 09:23 AM
The truck was there wednesday I stop by he said "I will call you ,I got to put all this together ".Is it normal that a dealer has to put a blower together for before he sell it? I called later and talk to a girl I said "I will put it together myself I need it now " She said ok I will call you back .NO call .I am at the end of rope there is a Redmax dealer closer to me than he is I think I will give them a call.

weaver
01-24-2013, 09:26 AM
[QUOTE=crazyflyboy30;4654489]The truck was there wednesday I stop by he said "I will call you ,I got to put all this together ".Is it normal that a dealer has to put a blower together for before he sell it? I called later and talk to a girl I said "I will put it together myself I need it now " She said ok I will call you back .NO call .I am at the end of rope there is a Redmax dealer closer to me than he is I think I will give them a call.[/QUOTE

I would have went with the Dolmar blower myself....
Posted via Mobile Device

crazyflyboy30
01-24-2013, 09:48 AM
[QUOTE=crazyflyboy30;4654489]The truck was there wednesday I stop by he said "I will call you ,I got to put all this together ".Is it normal that a dealer has to put a blower together for before he sell it? I called later and talk to a girl I said "I will put it together myself I need it now " She said ok I will call you back .NO call .I am at the end of rope there is a Redmax dealer closer to me than he is I think I will give them a call.[/QUOTE

I would have went with the Dolmar blower myself....
Posted via Mobile Device

I know I would have the Dolmar by now but it's no't the biggest and that's what I won't the (BIGGEST).

weaver
01-24-2013, 09:49 AM
[QUOTE=weaver;4654493]

I know I would have the Dolmar by now but it's no't the biggest and that's what I won't the (BIGGEST).

Oh, if it's the biggest you want go with Echo's 770t... :waving:

crazyflyboy30
01-24-2013, 10:02 AM
[QUOTE=crazyflyboy30;4654508]

Oh, if it's the biggest you want go with Echo's 770t... :waving:

Echo 770t is good and I have a dealer 4 miles from me but no't the biggest.

Richard Martin
01-24-2013, 10:03 AM
The truck was there wednesday I stop by he said "I will call you ,I got to put all this together ".Is it normal that a dealer has to put a blower together for before he sell it?

Yes. The tubes have to be put together and the dealer normally starts the blower and does any initial adjustments.

Darryl G
01-24-2013, 10:52 AM
Yes, they have to put the tubes and the control handle on if you got the tube-mounted throttle. The tubes are a tight fit at first. You're supposed to lubricate them but my dealer didn't.

weaver
01-24-2013, 10:54 AM
Yes, they have to put the tubes and the control handle on if you got the tube-mounted throttle. The tubes are a tight fit at first. You're supposed to lubricate them but my dealer didn't.

Boy Ridin is lovin you.... wait till he sees this...
:laugh:

Darryl G
01-24-2013, 11:21 AM
Yeah, and it hurt like hell!!!! I think I'm gonna have to run all my posts through perv checker software before before posting them from now on.

Ridin' Green
01-24-2013, 11:24 AM
Can't touch this.............

crazyflyboy30
01-24-2013, 01:05 PM
My dealer called me he said he did no't get the blower:cry:. But he as my 224l http://www.husqvarna.com/us/products/trimmers/224l/and the HU800AWD http://www.husqvarna.com/us/press-listing/husqvarna-launches-rugged-all-wheel-drive-mower/ but I did no't believe him so I call Husqvarna and they said the 580 was out of stock.:cry:

weaver
01-24-2013, 01:46 PM
My dealer called me he said he did no't get the blower:cry:. But he as my 224l http://www.husqvarna.com/us/products/trimmers/224l/and the HU800AWD http://www.husqvarna.com/us/press-listing/husqvarna-launches-rugged-all-wheel-drive-mower/ but I did no't believe him so I call Husqvarna and they said the 580 was out of stock.:cry:

There's plenty of them on Ebay.. With full waranty

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HUSQVARNA-580BTS-75cc-Backpack-Gas-Leaf-Blower-206-MPH-WARRANTY-Auth-Dealer-/190696264732?pt=Leaf_Blowers&hash=item2c6662141c

crazyflyboy30
01-24-2013, 02:03 PM
There's plenty of them on Ebay.. With full waranty

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HUSQVARNA-580BTS-75cc-Backpack-Gas-Leaf-Blower-206-MPH-WARRANTY-Auth-Dealer-/190696264732?pt=Leaf_Blowers&hash=item2c6662141c

MY wife will see it :hammerhead:I like to go to a store give them cash money.

crazyflyboy30
01-24-2013, 02:47 PM
http://www.husqvarna.com/us/products/trimmers/224l/ this one works

Ridin' Green
01-24-2013, 04:07 PM
If it's something that you really need for you to make money, then is sounds like it's time for you to stand up to your wife.

knox gsl
01-24-2013, 05:01 PM
MY wife will see it :hammerhead:I like to go to a store give them cash money.

So after 190 post to find you the biggest blower ever, you can't buy it because your wife won't let you. That's funny!!

crazyflyboy30
01-24-2013, 07:38 PM
So after 190 post to find you the biggest blower ever, you can't buy it because your wife won't let you. That's funny!!

She think's the 4 blower I have now are more than I need now but I know they are all small blower .I have parking lots lined up that I can't do with what got now.

weaver
01-24-2013, 07:58 PM

:laugh::laugh:

knox gsl
01-24-2013, 08:36 PM
She think's the 4 blower I have now are more than I need now but I know they are all small blower .I have parking lots lined up that I can't do with what got now.

I'm not sure how you guys run your business but my wife who yes I respect doesn't make business choices for me. We do talk about what direction it should go in but not a $600 purchase. She wouldn't even know the difference if I never told her. What she needs to know is that I will be depositing money into the personal checking account at the first of the month.

Ridin' Green
01-24-2013, 09:43 PM
I'm not sure how you guys run your business but my wife who yes I respect doesn't make business choices for me. We do talk about what direction it should go in but not a $600 purchase. She wouldn't even know the difference if I never told her. What she needs to know is that I will be depositing money into the personal checking account at the first of the month.

Exactly right!

crazyflyboy30
01-24-2013, 10:08 PM
I know I am a bad boy with $20,000+ in big rc airplane, 2 camaro's ,lincoln ls sport package,600 grizzly got new,and I spent over $11,000 last year on new 6x12 enclosed trailer with ramp door,MZ6128ZT,LGT2654 and lot more .She said I was over budget .(funny) I was at Walmart looking .She call said what are you doing .I said at Walmart ,She said what are you buying I know you got money Quit spinning it!!!

weaver
01-24-2013, 10:12 PM
I know I am a bad boy with $20,000+ in big rc airplane, 2 camaro's ,lincoln ls sport package,600 grizzly got new,and I spent over $11,000 last year on new 6x12 enclosed trailer with ramp door,MZ6128ZT,LGT2654 and lot more .She said I was over budget .(funny) I was at Walmart looking .She call said what are you doing .I said at Walmart ,She said what are you buying I know you got money Quit spinning it!!!

I don't think Walmart sells that Husqvarna...

crazyflyboy30
01-24-2013, 10:31 PM
I don't think Walmart sells that Husqvarna...

:laugh::laugh:I like the way you think.But they do some good flat screen TV's and best deal on CASTROL EDGE Titanium oil but no't 2 stroke and who has the best oil now amsoil? That is what I been useing for a long time.

cpllawncare
01-25-2013, 01:22 AM
Dude you've got some issue's! not only can't you spell, you can't even stand up to your wife, you might want to spend some of that money on a marriage counsler, seriously!

Ridin' Green
01-25-2013, 02:20 AM
Dude you've got some issue's! not only can't you spell, you can't even stand up to your wife, you might want to spend some of that money on a marriage counsler, seriously!

Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.:laugh::laugh::laugh::drinkup:

Richard Martin
01-25-2013, 06:22 AM
Honestly, I still want to know when he's going to start high school. This guy is full of it and you guys keep eating it up.

Darryl G
01-25-2013, 08:28 AM
At the risk of opening up a can of worms...if he wants to get stone off of a parking lot, a power broom and a wheel blower is the way to go over a backpack blower.

weaver
01-25-2013, 11:43 AM
Honestly, I still want to know when he's going to start high school. This guy is full of it and you guys keep eating it up.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Darryl G
01-25-2013, 12:27 PM
My wife can't say much about my equipment purchases since nothing less than a $1,500 vacuum cleaner was good enough for her, lol.

weaver
01-25-2013, 12:34 PM
I say keep this thread going.. I am laughing like crazy here at all of this...

Ridin' Green
01-25-2013, 12:45 PM
I say keep this thread going.. I am laughing like crazy here at all of this...

I would be too if I undertsood ghetto speak.:dizzy:

Hey, it's friggin'winter. We have to make our own fun right?

Darryl G
01-25-2013, 01:12 PM
Personally I have a pretty busy day planned. I have to go to 2 different banks to cover the mortgage (withdraw from one and deposit in the other), get geared up for a dusting of snow, retrieve the garbage can and recyclable bin from the curb and pick up my son at school. If I have time I may even shower and shave.

crazyflyboy30
01-25-2013, 03:21 PM
At the risk of opening up a can of worms...if he wants to get stone off of a parking lot, a power broom and a wheel blower is the way to go over a backpack blower.

Wheel blower would be ok for a parking lot .But in fall clean up what would I do?I have some big eststes that the backyard is one big bed of rocks or pine bark and tree's ,shrubs.

P.S. This is more a hobby I have 2 other business.

crazyflyboy30
01-25-2013, 03:39 PM
My wife can't say much about my equipment purchases since nothing less than a $1,500 vacuum cleaner was good enough for her, lol.

She got a Whirlpool washer and dryer set with the pedestals that was over $2700 you think that help me out ? NO'T LOL

weaver
01-25-2013, 10:52 PM
Personally I have a pretty busy day planned. I have to go to 2 different banks to cover the mortgage (withdraw from one and deposit in the other), get geared up for a dusting of snow, retrieve the garbage can and recyclable bin from the curb and pick up my son at school. If I have time I may even shower and shave.

Ok that's an hour. What did you do for the rest of the day?
Posted via Mobile Device

weaver
01-25-2013, 10:57 PM
I would be too if I undertsood ghetto speak.:dizzy:

Hey, it's friggin'winter. We have to make our own fun right?

Oh you're loving this thread and know it.. look at response 7 on this . He went from definately getting a 600 stihl to the 580 husqvarna. In another week Darryl would have him changing mower brands also...
Posted via Mobile Device

knox gsl
01-25-2013, 11:25 PM
Oh you're loving this thread and know it.. look at response 7 on this . He went from definately getting a 600 stihl to the 580 husqvarna. In another week Darryl would have him changing mower brands also...
Posted via Mobile Device

He ain't buying anything, most likely some punk kid in his mamma's basement laughing about everyone making a big deal over him. I can't see a grown man that is married and has 2 other businesses that spells the way he does.

Ridin' Green
01-25-2013, 11:26 PM
Oh you're loving this thread and know it.. look at response 7 on this . He went from definately getting a 600 stihl to the 580 husqvarna. In another week Darryl would have him changing mower brands also...Posted via Mobile Device

Actually, I think crazyflyboy is Darryl's alter ego. Notice how easily he agreed to the 580?

Ridin' Green
01-25-2013, 11:29 PM
He ain't buying anything, most likely some punk kid in his mamma's basement laughing about everyone making a big deal over him. I can't see a grown man that is married and has 2 other businesses that spells the way he does.

That's what I've been sayin'. I've mentioned his lousy grammer several times now. Top that off with the fact that he has an $11,000 RC airplane and lots of other toys? No, it's a troll rattling the bushes for fun.:rolleyes:

knox gsl
01-26-2013, 12:07 AM
$11K for a toy but can't buy a blower???? Sounds like a troll to me, put him up there with Gravel Rat and GreenT.

Darryl G
01-26-2013, 12:10 AM
Can't be my alter ego cuz I ain't even got no lousy grammer...she died many years ago!

crazyflyboy30
01-26-2013, 02:31 AM

Do I need to clear this up the $20,000+ is no't one rc airplane it like 20 or so no't even sure the is Biggest is 9' Yak 54 with a 111cc twin it is cost over $3,000.The $11,000 was for my new 6x12 enclosed trailer with ramp door,MZ6128ZT,LGT2654 http://www.youtube.com/user/crazyflyboy30?feature=mhee

weaver
01-26-2013, 09:42 AM
Cool planes Darryl...

knox gsl
01-26-2013, 09:43 AM
Nice planes, still can't spell.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ridin' Green
01-26-2013, 12:46 PM
Cool planes Darryl...

I'm tellin' ya.......:laugh::laugh:

crazyflyboy30
01-26-2013, 01:46 PM
Nice planes, still can't spell.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thank you all and yes I know I am sorry for that but I am no't lying about anything I have a THUNDER TIGER Ducati 1/5 RC Motorcycle that put over $1,000 it will do 60mph ,$2,000 Xcell 23cc gas with 60'' RB ,12bl. I got a new Mini Funtana X ARF airplane last week that was over $500 with all the motor and gear. I could wite a book on what have .

cpllawncare
01-26-2013, 06:34 PM
You want to talk about a true money pit, it's RC stuff, I used to race 1/10th oval cars. After I quit and got to looking back at the money I was spending I wanted to declare myself insane. It was nothing to spend 2-3 hundred a week. It's a freakin addiction.

knox gsl
01-26-2013, 06:42 PM
Thank you all and yes I know I am sorry for that but I am no't lying about anything I have a THUNDER TIGER Ducati 1/5 RC Motorcycle that put over $1,000 it will do 60mph ,$2,000 Xcell 23cc gas with 60'' RB ,12bl. I got a new Mini Funtana X ARF airplane last week that was over $500 with all the motor and gear. I could wite a book on what have .

Yeah for you and a money pit hobby, imagine what life would be like if you put all that money into paying off your home and invested it into your business.

Richard Martin
01-26-2013, 06:44 PM
You want to talk about a true money pit, it's RC stuff, I used to race 1/10th oval cars. After I quit and got to looking back at the money I was spending I wanted to declare myself insane. It was nothing to spend 2-3 hundred a week. It's a freakin addiction.

RCs are great for the first 20-25 hours. Then it's either modify or repair on a daily basis. Been there, saw what was happening, put the RC car on a shelf and left it there.

weaver
01-26-2013, 07:16 PM
Ya those planes are awesome. I about got bit on them this morning. Looked around on Ebay & the net and was like forget that.. Those gas powered planes are expensive.. Really cool though...
Posted via Mobile Device

cpllawncare
01-26-2013, 08:30 PM
You oughta see what it cost to have a true oval race car and all the crap to keep it up and keep it fast, it was almost like a part time job to keep it going.

Darryl G
01-26-2013, 09:47 PM
I think we need to start getting nasty and calling eachother names so this thread will get closed. :drinkup:

cpllawncare
01-26-2013, 09:54 PM
ok You start LOL

Darryl G
01-26-2013, 10:09 PM
Learn to read!!! I said we, not I. Do you have that much trouble comprehending a simple sentence? If you can't handle that, I'm surprised they even let you operate power equipment....probably only have a couple of fingers and toes left. You southernerns are all the same...:laugh:

crazyflyboy30
01-26-2013, 11:26 PM
Yeah for you and a money pit hobby, imagine what life would be like if you put all that money into paying off your home and invested it into your business.

I know I work 7 day's a week every week that is now as I don't know what I will do when grass get's going but I did put lights on my ZT and made a car light in to a head light I put on my head it powered by a 6cell RC car pack.

As for the 580 blower I am going to the dealer Monday as for he will no't call me back .When I call the girl answer the phone says he's no't in and I ask for the price she start's saying the what is the full price I stop her right there tell her he said " You preorder so I am going to give you a super good deal right at cost" .She said "I remember this I will have hem give you a call" This was on Thursday he will no't talk to me.

If he doesn't honor he's agreement I will get it on-line will be shipped to my business address.

knox gsl
01-26-2013, 11:29 PM
I know I work 7 day's a week every week that is now as I don't know what I will do when grass get's going but I did put lights on my ZT and made a car light in to a head light I put on my head it powered by a 6cell RC car pack.

As for the 580 blower I am going to the dealer Monday as for he will no't call me back .When I call the girl answer the phone says he's no't in and I ask for the price she start's saying the what is the full price I stop her right there tell her he said " You preorder so I am going to give you a super good deal right at cost" .She said "I remember this I will have hem give you a call" This was on Thursday he will no't talk to me.

If he doesn't orner he's agreement I will get it on-line will be shipped to my business address.

OK? I understood about a 1/3rd of that, sober up in the morning and try again.

Ridin' Green
01-27-2013, 12:31 AM
OK? I understood about a 1/3rd of that, sober up in the morning and try again.

Maybe he's a beer taster for a brewing company, and that's why he NEVER makes any sense.:drinkup::drinkup::drinkup::drinkup:

Darryl G
01-27-2013, 08:26 AM
What he said was that he works 7 days a week now so he's not sure how he's going to find the time to get his lawns done once the grass starts growing. But he did put lights on his mower and fabricate a headlamp so he'll be able to work in the dark. And the dealer won't take his calls, so he's going there Monday to talk to him. He still doesn't know what his cost will be for the 580. All the receptionist can tell him is the retail price, but the dealer promised it to him at cost. If the dealer won't honor the verbal agreement to provide the blower at cost, he'll just order one online.

Understood?

knox gsl
01-27-2013, 08:52 AM
What he said was that he works 7 days a week now so he's not sure how he's going to find the time to get his lawns done once the grass starts growing. But he did put lights on his mower and fabricate a headlamp so he'll be able to work in the dark. And the dealer won't take his calls, so he's going there Monday to talk to him. He still doesn't know what his cost will be for the 580. All the receptionist can tell him is the retail price, but the dealer promised it to him at cost. If the dealer won't honor the verbal agreement to provide the blower at cost, he'll just order one online.

Understood?

You can read drunk trailer park redneck, that's impressive for a Yankee.

Darryl G
01-27-2013, 09:05 AM
You can read drunk trailer park redneck, that's impressive for a Yankee.

Yeah, well I worked in offices full of engineers for 15 years. It always amazed me that they could design complex structures and systems yet could barely write their names. BTW, that's why engineers have stamps...so they don't have to...

crazyflyboy30
01-27-2013, 11:19 AM

Understood?

Yes ,Thank you. You can be my translator?

crazyflyboy30
01-27-2013, 12:10 PM
Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price $579.95 + 10% tax = $638.00
Pantano Price $509.95 Free Shipping = differents $128 I have the money but I don't think I can bite my tongue hard enough to pay for it at the dealer.

Darryl G
01-27-2013, 04:27 PM
Sales tax is 10%????

weaver
01-27-2013, 04:54 PM
I thought our 7% sucked here...

cpllawncare
01-27-2013, 05:36 PM
Yeah, well I worked in offices full of engineers for 15 years. It always amazed me that they could design complex structures and systems yet could barely write their names. BTW, that's why engineers have stamps...so they don't have to...

I was an engineering technician, we are the ones that make them LOOK brilliant, the most ignorant ones are the smartest ones, always amazed me too. They could design a damn car but hadn't a clue about how to change a flat tire, guess that's why they designed the run flat tire LOL!

weaver
01-27-2013, 06:35 PM
I was an engineering technician, we are the ones that make them LOOK brilliant, the most ignorant ones are the smartest ones, always amazed me too. They could design a damn car but hadn't a clue about how to change a flat tire, guess that's why they designed the run flat tire LOL!

I love it when people ask is there any money mowing lawns? You guys where engineers and now mow.. I guess that would answer there question...
Posted via Mobile Device

weaver
01-27-2013, 06:37 PM
Oh bye the way Crazy. There is now a 580 for $499 OBO with free shipping on Ebay.. New in box from dealer...
Posted via Mobile Device

Darryl G
01-27-2013, 06:47 PM
Well, I was an environmental scientist/geologist/hydrogeologist, not an engineer. The places I worked at were environmental consulting and engineering offices. I would investigate and delineate soil and groundwater contamination and the engineers would figure out how to clean it up...more or less. I did make more money doing that but I've yet to have a lawn care customer tell me that I needed to be in Dallas tomorrow if I wanted to keep my job, lol.

crazyflyboy30
01-27-2013, 08:09 PM
Oh bye the way Crazy. There is now a 580 for $499 OBO with free shipping on Ebay.. New in box from dealer...
Posted via Mobile Device

Thank You .But I know about the 580 on ebay for $499 or the Redmax 8500 for $496.94 but I thought Pantano was a better place to buy from.

I been laughing that all this engineering stuff because I work with a man for about 8 year cutting grass that was a engineer he said 20 year and that he hated it and that he love cutting grass.He gave me his T square and I use it all the time I even use it today.

cpllawncare
01-27-2013, 08:32 PM
Well, I was an environmental scientist/geologist/hydrogeologist, not an engineer. The places I worked at were environmental consulting and engineering offices. I would investigate and delineate soil and groundwater contamination and the engineers would figure out how to clean it up...more or less. I did make more money doing that but I've yet to have a lawn care customer tell me that I needed to be in Dallas tomorrow if I wanted to keep my job, lol.

Exactly! or here's your tickets to Munich be there in the morning! or you punched in 1 min late here's your write up! I made a lot more back then BUT I had a hell of a lot more crap to put up with.

crazyflyboy30
01-27-2013, 08:35 PM
If some one need a Peco Pro 22 Cubic Foot Vac System w/ 5 HP Briggs & Stratton I have one I will sell cheap.
The one on ebay is over $4000 I will trade one for a new 580bts

weaver
01-27-2013, 08:39 PM
If some one need a Peco Pro 22 Cubic Foot Vac System w/ 5 HP Briggs & Stratton I have one I will sell cheap.

$20? Includes delivery...

try the for sale section...
Posted via Mobile Device

crazyflyboy30
01-27-2013, 08:44 PM
$20? Includes delivery...

try the for sale section...
Posted via Mobile Device

Thank You .

cpllawncare
01-27-2013, 08:54 PM
I love it when people ask is there any money mowing lawns? You guys where engineers and now mow.. I guess that would answer there question...
Posted via Mobile Device

That's the thing about this industry, and I guess really anything you setup yourself there are no limits only yourself! I was a technician not an engineer but hated it, when they said my position was being eliminated it was such a relief, I knew I wanted to do something else just didn't know what, I just started my business really as a stop gap until I found something else, here I am five years later and still going, can't see going back to all those headaches.

crazyflyboy30
01-27-2013, 11:37 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

OMG!!!! I have gone to ebay and the one that was $499 or OBO .So look the price of the one's that sold and they have sold as low as $469.99:clapping:

I test them week ago at $425 no deal :cry:

Thank you for making me take another look I think this is the deal I was looking for I think the dealer can't touch this.:cool2:

crazyflyboy30
01-27-2013, 11:50 PM
570 is $419.99