PDA

View Full Version : Selling my business and need a non-compete or no-raid agreement

walker-talker
01-01-2013, 02:29 PM
I've looked here and goggle. I am selling my business and will be showing my lawn care properties to a buyer(s) and want to protect them from being stolen/solicited. I can't find what I am looking for. I would like something specific to the industry. I could hire a lawyer, but would like not to pay a bunch of money for somebody to design something from scratch.

Thanks and Happy New Year

CountryCare
01-01-2013, 04:41 PM
A lawyer would be your best bet, but even then most of the non compete have ways around them, or short time limits that they are effective for.

walker-talker
01-01-2013, 05:34 PM
I talked to my lawyer friend. He said they could do it, but I would have to sit down with the business division and they charge an hourly rate. The guy that is interested in them wants to put them on payments...and that has me more concerned. He also expressed some interest in my truck and other equipment and that makes me even more nervous.

snomaha
01-01-2013, 06:45 PM
I talked to my lawyer friend. He said they could do it, but I would have to sit down with the business division and they charge an hourly rate. The guy that is interested in them wants to put them on payments...and that has me more concerned. He also expressed some interest in my truck and other equipment and that makes me even more nervous.

You have a business for sale but don't want to involve an attorney???
Spend the money to protect yourself.