PDA

View Full Version : PICTURES!!!!!! who's got stripes?

yardsmith
08-19-2000, 10:29 PM
Finally got some pics of stripes; Top pic is from my Bobcat, bottom 2 are those infamous Steiner stripes, & yes, they have been striped the same direction before. The bottom 2 pics are at the same place as the other post with pics of the hills. It also is the same place I went muddin' when I got my ATV tires put on my Z.
Let's see some of you other guy's work! Stripes rule....
http://elms.bizland.com/billlawn.jpg
http://elms.bizland.com/bill.jpg

[Edited by Eric ELM on 08-20-2000 at 09:23 PM]

steve
08-19-2000, 10:38 PM
Where's the headlights on your Steiner 220???

yardsmith
08-19-2000, 10:43 PM
I put automotive aftermarket lights on it (55 watt!) & it lights up the night. Those are black light covers on there now, kinda like hidden headlights. :)

steve
08-19-2000, 10:50 PM
Yeah that 220 is pretty fast it'll mow at 15MPH!!!

joes lawn care
08-19-2000, 10:50 PM
i'm new to the lawn care busness, please tell me how you do the stripes? i have dome my 3 acres for years and never could do it please help me learn how.... thanks, joe

Eric ELM
08-19-2000, 10:51 PM
I guess I'll get in on this striping thing too. :)
http://www.elmlawnsite.com/images/pierce.jpg

[Edited by Eric ELM on 04-10-2001 at 01:26 PM]

Eric ELM
08-20-2000, 09:43 AM
Try looking at my website on the striping page and it explains how to stripe with picture links so you can see me mowing. Also you can see it in Smitty's pictures how to stripe. If that doesn't help, email me. You can get to my website by clicking on my signiture. Hope this helps.

Eric ELM
08-20-2000, 01:52 PM
When I uploaded Yardsmiths pictures to a site, I was in a hurry and didn't check the size. I see it is 937 KB compared to 52 KB on my picture. Is his loading real slow with a phone modem? If so, some one let me know so I can reduce them in resolution so they load faster. With DSL, it loads fast, so I can't tell. If they are loading OK, I'll just leave it. Waiting to hear the verdict. Thanks

Kevin
08-20-2000, 02:00 PM
Slow on my computer.

KirbysLawn
08-20-2000, 02:05 PM
Smitty, are your pictures saved as BMP or JPEG style photos? If they are BMP, resave them to JPEG and they will be smaller and load MUCH faster. My web site has more photos.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=681893&a=4967155&p=19958880&Sequence=0

Eric ELM
08-20-2000, 02:09 PM
They are jpeg, but huge in size, I'll downsize them and upload them again. Thanks for the replys.

TGCummings
08-20-2000, 02:10 PM
Loading slow on this end, boss...

-TGC

Kevin
08-20-2000, 02:12 PM
Eric your photo is downloaded the quickest still. Kirby nice picture also.

bob
08-20-2000, 04:04 PM
The stripes on the lawns seem to have more light and dark contrast when the sun is at a low angle.(morning or evening)
Nice pictures!! They look great!!!!

Eric ELM
08-20-2000, 05:41 PM
I reduced them from 937 KB to 70 KB, so they should load faster now on a phone modem. BTW, nice stripes Smitty and Kirby. Now it's time for others to join in on this. I know about everyone has a camera. If anyone doesn't know how to do this, maybe this Old Dog can teach you a new trick!! :) With Chucks permission, maybe we can start a Thread on puter lawn photo lessons or even better, a forum. :)

lawrence stone
08-20-2000, 06:13 PM
How do we know these lawns are actually cut by the
guys who are posting the pics?

I think in the future to validate the photo you must
have yourself in the foreground while holding the front page
of a major daily newspaper.

Eric ELM
08-20-2000, 06:50 PM
I have 3 pictures of me mowing on my website, but how do you know it's me. MowEd is the only one from this forum I have met, so at least he knows it's me. Next time he comes down, I'll have to get him to come watch me mow them so he can verify it's the lawns I mow. That would have to be as boring as watching the grass grow. :)

dhicks
08-20-2000, 06:58 PM
What is the HTML code to display a digital photograph?

Eric ELM
08-20-2000, 09:46 PM
As you probably know, you have to upload your pictures to a website and then you put the link to it on a post. To do this you use these brackets []with img in between, then the link, then /img in brackets [] at the end. You can see exactly how to do this by clicking on vB code, go down to Adding Images and it explaines it all. vB code is easier than HTML code, but if you want to use it instead, you can. If I put the actual line of vB code in here, it would turn into a picture and you wouldn't see the code. I hope this helps. If not, I can email you the actual code to add your picture if you email me the location of your picture. I uploaded yardsmiths pictures and sent him the code to paste to his post.

Toroguy
08-20-2000, 11:20 PM
I would hire a model to represent me in the photo. Im ugly. Ill try and add my pics during the off-season.

All the pictures are nice.

Keith
08-21-2000, 05:51 AM
Stripes...and stars

http://burke-inc.com/bikini.jpg

MOW ED
08-21-2000, 08:59 AM
I'll vouch for Erics stripes. I have seen the Chopper and I know the area that he cuts. Those are Erics lawns. Now I have to figure out how I can put a Chopper like his on my trailer.

TGCummings
08-21-2000, 09:18 AM
Keith,

Nice stripes! But ... which one in the picture is you? ;)

-TGC

Mid Rivers
08-21-2000, 10:24 AM
Eric,
I noticed you have a striping kit on your mower. Does this make a dramatic improvement on the stripes? I have a 60" Exmark that stripes good but not as defined as yours?

Thanks
Vince

Eric ELM
08-21-2000, 10:34 AM
Vince, the bottom picture on the first page and the picture on the striping page have both been mowed with the striping kit on. I just got it in June and all the other pictures were taken without the kit. I feel the stripes are a little better and seem to last a bit longer. It was enough of an improvement that I put a kit on the old Chopper also. They stripe nice without, but a bit better with. :)

Keith
08-21-2000, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by TGCummings
Keith,

Nice stripes! But ... which one in the picture is you? ;)

-TGC

LOL. The one on the end. :D
I was actually going to put up pictures of St. Augustine grass stripes or the lack thereof :) Well I don't have a working scanner and I completely forgot to go to my buddies house to scan em last night. So this is the only stripes I could find.

cclllc
08-21-2000, 06:34 PM
hey eric,how can i put my pics on this site?john.

Eric ELM
08-21-2000, 11:43 PM
You have to upload your pictures to a website and then you put the link to it on a post. To do this you use these brackets []with img in between, then the link, then /img in brackets [] at the end. You can see exactly how to do this by clicking on vB code, go down to Adding Images and it explaines it all. vB code is easier than HTML code, but if you want to use it instead, you can. If I put the actual line of vB code in here, it would turn into a picture and you wouldn't see the code. I hope this helps. If not, I can email you the actual code to add your picture if you email me the location of your picture. I uploaded yardsmiths pictures and sent him the code to paste to his post.

KirbysLawn
08-22-2000, 12:05 AM
Photopoint.com is a good free host for photos!

Eric ELM
08-22-2000, 08:17 AM
Ray, that would be a good spot for guys using a Free ISP, but guys that pay for an ISP usually have 3 or more Meg of space to use too. If you have a dot com, you get 200 Meg or more of space to upload your site, plus plenty of room to just put pictures. I stick a lot of pictures on Bizland.com that has 50 Meg of space for free.

yardsmith
08-22-2000, 09:58 AM
Hey Stone-
the pics are mine; come down next week & I'll take you to them & you can watch us mow.
The top photo has the back of my trailer & Bobcat on it. The Steiner photos are with my dad driving it. Goto my other photos of the hills & it's the same bobcat with ME driving. I'm not that hard up for attention that I have to put someone else's work online! :)

KirbysLawn
08-22-2000, 12:45 PM
I sure hope Stone was kidding.

KirbysLawn
08-22-2000, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Eric ELM
Ray, that would be a good spot for guys using a Free ISP, but guys that pay for an ISP usually have 3 or more Meg of space to use too. If you have a dot com, you get 200 Meg or more of space to upload your site, plus plenty of room to just put pictures. I stick a lot of pictures on Bizland.com that has 50 Meg of space for free.

Agreed, but, if you change your ISP oh well, do it all over again. Photopoint can be accessed anywhere, from any ISP, and if you change your host, nothing changes at photopoint.com!

Eric ELM
08-22-2000, 07:59 PM
I agree with you on that. I just switched my ISP when I got DSL. I had all but one of my picture links on the Free Bizland, so I just had to move one picture. Good point. :)

Keith
09-01-2000, 06:09 AM
St. Augustine cut with 52" Grasshopper

http://home.mpinet.net/horsepower/stripes/stripes2.jpg

This is more like the way it usually looks.

St. Augustine cut with 61" Kees
http://home.mpinet.net/horsepower/stripes/stripes1.jpg

Not very impressive, but thats about it when it comes to stripes in Florida grasses :)

KirbysLawn
09-01-2000, 12:14 PM
Keith, not bad at all! If I had my choice I would take St. Augustine and little stripes over anything else and stripes. I love that grass.