PDA

View Full Version : Lead generating websites

phil7712
01-02-2013, 10:36 AM
Has anyone had a positve expierence with service magic/home advisor or any of the many lead generating websites??

headz77
01-02-2013, 11:11 AM
I have had moderate success. I am only involved in ones that let you pick which leads to pursue and pay for. Servicevines.com, Redbeacon.com, and Thumbtack.com are the best.

M & L
01-02-2013, 04:42 PM
Ive had two friends try it.

Mixed reviews from both.

A lot of leads on about 7-10% follow through.

And a tough time getting credited back.

And they will call you nonstop for about 6 months once you made contact

No means no

wbw
01-02-2013, 08:01 PM
Has anyone had a positve expierence with service magic/home advisor or any of the many lead generating websites??

I have had excellent results with sm/home advisor. You have to work it though. And you have to respond immediately. I know going in that half the leads are garbage and I accept that. Once you come to terms with that everything is Ok. I just pretend like those leads are free and that I pay double for the others. However you justify it I get one out of four and the return on investment is fantastic.
Posted via Mobile Device

agent walker
01-03-2013, 08:00 PM
not the greatest results for me. Very few responses at all and even less want the work done.

cpllawncare
01-03-2013, 11:33 PM
We had terrible results with SM, which is home advisor now, but with the right ad Craigs list works ok lots of tire kickers, we have had really good luck with thumbtack.com and angies list, of which both we received top service provider awards from. Angies list has a higher end clientale which is normally ready to buy when they call.

lawnpropm
01-04-2013, 01:41 AM
I recently signed up with Home Advisor formerly service magic. So far I have had 8 leads come through and only made contact with 3. And they were a absolute joke. Rep on the phone told me that they were screening customers to make sure that they were ready to have work done and so on and so forth. BS!!! Ill prob give it another month then can it...... Thumbtack has been better.
Posted via Mobile Device

cpllawncare
01-04-2013, 08:19 AM
I recently signed up with Home Advisor formerly service magic. So far I have had 8 leads come through and only made contact with 3. And they were a absolute joke. Rep on the phone told me that they were screening customers to make sure that they were ready to have work done and so on and so forth. BS!!! Ill prob give it another month then can it...... Thumbtack has been better.
Posted via Mobile Device

Unfortunatly Home advisor doesn't get any better we canned them two seasons ago after a lot of wasted money and time.

ELS Landscape
01-04-2013, 08:41 AM
Lovely I found this