PDA

View Full Version : Kicking off 2013 with a new mower

zechstoker
01-02-2013, 08:26 PM
Finally, after numerous break downs and too much lost time (and money), we've had to retire the HRC216 and replace it with a new Exmark 21 X series today. Good riddance, Honda... You won't be missed.

Fine way to start the new year if you ask me :)

Toro 455
01-03-2013, 07:03 AM
http://www.exmark.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProductType=31

Here's the link to the mower.

I have an old Honda with plastic wheels that's due for replacement too.

Bowhog1
01-03-2013, 07:12 AM
Hey Zech... did you get the Kawasaki powered model. My dealer has a leftover push and sp but he want knock off a dime on ether model. Did you get a good deal being off season ?

zechstoker
01-03-2013, 10:09 AM
Hey Zech... did you get the Kawasaki powered model. My dealer has a leftover push and sp but he want knock off a dime on ether model. Did you get a good deal being off season ?

The model I got has the Kawasaki on it (FJ180V). The dealer was saying these are suppose to be priced at $1,450 (out the door price), but they're selling them for $1,400. They weren't willing to go any lower than that, so that's what we ended up spending. Did the prices go up on these things? I could've sworn they were cheaper before, but I'm not totally sure.

cpllawncare
01-04-2013, 08:20 PM
Geez a $1400 21" mower hope that thing last forever, and you use it a lot. I bought a $800 snapper last year and I thought I spent a lot on it, it turned out to be a good mower. Even though we needed a good 21" I wasn't about to spend over a grand for one.

larryinalabama
01-04-2013, 08:30 PM
Geez a $1400 21" mower hope that thing last forever, and you use it a lot. I bought a $800 snapper last year and I thought I spent a lot on it, it turned out to be a good mower. Even though we needed a good 21" I wasn't about to spend over a grand for one.

Ive been told that Snapper 21 no longer offers a kawasaki since Briggs and Stratton bought them out?

My Snapper 21 has a robin engine and is 12 years old, still strong and tight. However I was thinking of a new one.

zechstoker
01-04-2013, 10:53 PM

$1400 seems high (still) to me too, but then again the Honda HRC216 was $1,100 when we bought it a number of years ago. This little fella should last quite a while.

On a bit of a side note, I'm kinda glad (in a way) that we didn't end up racking up a bill at that dealer like one of the other local LCO's did. The owner of the dealership was telling me that these guys recently spent $75,000 just on mowers over there.

LawnMan19
01-04-2013, 11:05 PM
On a bit of a side note, I'm kinda glad (in a way) that we didn't end up racking up a bill at that dealer like one of the other local LCO's did. The owner of the dealership was telling me that these guys recently spent $75,000 just on mowers over there.

Did they buy the or are they making payments on them?

zechstoker
01-04-2013, 11:34 PM

Did they buy the or are they making payments on them?

Didn't say either way. I'd hope they're making payments though. I know they're the biggest LCO around here, but that just seems crazy to me. How many ZTR's and stand-on units can one get with 75 grand? All I know is they're using all Exmarks.

LawnMan19
01-04-2013, 11:42 PM
Didn't say either way. I'd hope they're making payments though. I know they're the biggest LCO around here, but that just seems crazy to me. How many ZTR's and stand-on units can one get with 75 grand? All I know is they're using all Exmarks.

Nice mower by the way man.

zechstoker
01-04-2013, 11:53 PM
Nice mower by the way man.

Thanks

My only complaint with this machine is the placement of the kill switch. It seems kinda goofy that it's down by the engine rather than on the handlebars somewhere. Not sure who's idea that was, or the reasoning for it.

Exmarkboy13
01-04-2013, 11:56 PM

if they are a minimum 10 grand a piece, only 7 lol:cry:

LawnMan19
01-04-2013, 11:59 PM
Thanks

My only complaint with this machine is the placement of the kill switch. It seems kinda goofy that it's down by the engine rather than on the handlebars somewhere. Not sure who's idea that was, or the reasoning for it.

Yeah, I've noticed that too it's just a little awkward.

zechstoker
01-05-2013, 12:02 AM
Yeah, I've noticed that to it's just a little awkward.

Would it void the warranty if I moved that switch? I'm a bit tempted to.

LawnMan19
01-05-2013, 12:09 AM
Would it void the warranty if I moved that switch? I'm a bit tempted to.

I think exmark would say it voids the warranty to do it, but if you never have a problem from moving it and your tight with your dealer. I doubt you would have a problem having warranty work done.

zechstoker
01-05-2013, 12:21 AM
I think exmark would say it voids the warranty to do it, but if you never have a problem from moving it and your tight with your dealer. I doubt you would have a problem having warranty work done.

Hmm... Might have to check with the dealer just to be on the safe side. I'll be down there tomorrow anyhow, so I'll ask him about it then.

LawnMan19
01-05-2013, 01:15 AM
Hmm... Might have to check with the dealer just to be on the safe side. I'll be down there tomorrow anyhow, so I'll ask him about it then.

Yeah, I have a feeling he'll say exmark would say it voids the warranty, it just sucks they didn't put it on the handlebars.

cpllawncare
01-05-2013, 01:28 AM
$1400 seems high (still) to me too, but then again the Honda HRC216 was $1,100 when we bought it a number of years ago. This little fella should last quite a while.

75 grand is nothing if they are a really big company, they are probably getting fleet pricing and getting 10 or so mowers. Think about how many mowers companies like brickman buy every year I would say wayyy more than 10. I'm going to rotate my mowers out around three years, although we only have two at the moment LOL Not enough for fleet pricing I don't think. I know there's one local LCO who has around 30-40 mowers.

zechstoker
01-05-2013, 02:15 AM
Sounds about right. Shoot, I'd be more than happy with 3 or 4 mowers at the moment. Haha

Toro 455
01-05-2013, 07:38 AM

If I were to replace my main mower with a new one $75k might cover it.
http://www.toro.com/en-us/sports-fields-grounds/mowers/large-area-rotaries/Pages/Series.aspx?sid=Groundsmaster-4100-D

When I go to the dealer for parts for my old one I sit on a new mower and daydream...

But I'm solo, and maybe this is a thread of folks with crews.

zechstoker
01-06-2013, 10:04 PM
I'm constantly staring and daydreaming when I'm at the dealer. Then I look at my truck and realize "oh yeah, I don't have a trailer to haul anything like that". That's the next purchase on the list.