PDA

View Full Version : Is lettering my enclosed trailer worth it?

sticklelm
01-03-2013, 10:32 AM
Just like the title says. im in a situation where im limited on funds, so im wanting to put the money where i can get the most use out of it. i dont want to drop over $1,000 on a lettering job and find out it was pointless. I do think it will bring in some work...but should i go for it?

kandalawncaremgr
01-03-2013, 10:45 AM
J.C Penny the founder of one of our nations most successful and long lasting department stores was asked once what he would do if he was down to his last dollar. He said I would buy 50 cents of merchandise and 50 cents of advertising. I took this advice when I first started and I went and lettered my truck after 6 months of slow business. Since the lettering went on I almost tripled my calls and workload. I would have to say even if you did a little lettering at a time atleast get your name and number on your trailer.

tonygreek
01-03-2013, 11:43 AM
It's a rolling billboard that will help build brand recognition in the neighborhoods you work in. Repetition builds brand awareness. You are putting together a nice company image/brand, so when you can comfortably afford to do so, I'd absolutely recommend it.

KrayzKajun
01-03-2013, 11:52 AM
Best money ive spent has been lettering my truck and all my trailers.
Posted via Mobile Device

xclusive
01-03-2013, 04:13 PM
I was hesitant at when I bought my enclosed as well. I do not have any specific figures on ROI, but I will tell you this as time goes on and I meet with new clients I am hearing more and more of them say "I see your truck and trailer around town." So to me hearing them say that made it all worth it. Like some one else mentioned you are trying to build a brand.

KrayzKajun
01-03-2013, 04:19 PM
Ill put it this way. I get people who say "I see your trucks and trailers all over". (Plural). Crazy thing, i only have one truck , my lettered up dually. Now it pulls 4 different trailers.
Posted via Mobile Device

lawnkingforever
01-03-2013, 04:32 PM
If I used an enclosed trailer, it would be lettered up. As a solo operator who runs a very tight route, it would be invaluable to growing business on my route. Most forms of advertising are of no use to me as I only accept business in a small geographic area. I have thought about buying an enclosed just so I can throw my logo and # on it. Much more visible than truck lettering. I can not justify the cost of an enclosed trailer to haul around a Grandstand, a smaller mower and a few handhelds. Not having to unload every night would be nice though.
Posted via Mobile Device

Blades Lawn Maintenance
01-03-2013, 05:00 PM
I'm looking forward to getting mine done within the next couple of months

lkendall
01-03-2013, 11:10 PM
go for it, you will have your money back in no time and will be on here saying you were surprised at how fast it payed off

cpllawncare
01-03-2013, 11:45 PM
It's all part of image, branding, marketing and it all works together so lettering the trailer is just another piece of the puzzle, do it.

kandalawncaremgr
01-05-2013, 08:45 PM
So did ya get the trailer done or did we atleast help with your decision. Just curious. :)

sticklelm
01-05-2013, 08:51 PM
So did ya get the trailer done or did we atleast help with your decision. Just curious. :)

I am definately going to get it done. Hopefully by this month she'll be lettered up. :dancing: really looking forward to the extra increase in brand identity. Even if i dont get much calls from it, which i believe i will...i'll still be happy having it done because it just make me look like i take my work seriously.

kandalawncaremgr
01-05-2013, 09:10 PM
Sweet, post a pic so we can see.

sticklelm
01-05-2013, 09:11 PM
definately!

cpllawncare
01-05-2013, 09:42 PM
Stick, keep in mind that marketing and branding are long term things, just because you don't see it happening right away doesn't mean it's not working.

sticklelm
01-05-2013, 09:52 PM
Stick, keep in mind that marketing and branding are long term things, just because you don't see it happening right away doesn't mean it's not working.

I completely realize this. I believe a good brand is built on a good name,(quality, service, trust, knowledge, passion etc). A brand is also something that should never stop growing,(reputation). marketing is a repeated process and takes time before people see who is really behind the name. thats branding. this trailer is only one of the many ways i am able to build my marketing campaign.

cpllawncare
01-05-2013, 10:46 PM
I completely realize this. I believe a good brand is built on a good name,(quality, service, trust, knowledge, passion etc). A brand is also something that should never stop growing,(reputation). marketing is a repeated process and takes time before people see who is really behind the name. thats branding. this trailer is only one of the many ways i am able to build my marketing campaign.

I can tell with your logo that you seem to get the marketing thing, yet some guys think that you should see instant results from their marketing never realizing that it takes years to build a solid name and brand. I read that usually around the three year mark you'll start to notice your marketing efforts.

sticklelm
01-05-2013, 10:49 PM
I can tell with your logo that you seem to get the marketing thing, yet some guys think that you should see instant results from their marketing never realizing that it takes years to build a solid name and brand. I read that usually around the three year mark you'll start to notice your marketing efforts.

Thanks for the compliment! I like it to. Just had it done. Currently im building a new website to go with the new look.

GSO LAWNEN4CER
01-06-2013, 04:42 AM
Just like the title says. im in a situation where im limited on funds, so im wanting to put the money where i can get the most use out of it. i dont want to drop over $1,000 on a lettering job and find out it was pointless. I do think it will bring in some work...but should i go for it?

Just remember that your not just advertising for customers,but your also advertising to potential thieves. Its a double edged sword. Mr thief now knows exactly whats in that trailer,and that most, if not all is un-traceable.

BurtonsAllSeason
01-06-2013, 09:10 AM
My best 3 accounts have all come from my lettered trailer. There are quite a few exclusive neighborhoods in this area that are strictly "No Soliciting". My lettered trailer/truck got me more business in those, once my foot was in the door. And you said the price was around $1K for the lettering? Maybe try online somewhere, or find a smaller/part time graphics guy to do the decals? Got my back window of my truck done for $50 installed, and the gate of my trailer done for $100 including the sheet metal. All are color, multiple layers for shading.

STIHL GUY
01-06-2013, 09:39 AM
i plan on lettering my truck this winter...hopefully itll result in a few more jobs come spring

CLS_Birmingham
01-06-2013, 08:34 PM
My best 3 accounts have all come from my lettered trailer. There are quite a few exclusive neighborhoods in this area that are strictly "No Soliciting". My lettered trailer/truck got me more business in those, once my foot was in the door. And you said the price was around $1K for the lettering? Maybe try online somewhere, or find a smaller/part time graphics guy to do the decals? Got my back window of my truck done for $50 installed, and the gate of my trailer done for $100 including the sheet metal. All are color, multiple layers for shading.

I agree with Burton. I've had quite alot of success in "No Soliciting" neighborhoods due to my trailer. In marketing terms, your actually losing money by not having your letters on your trailer. Trust me, when your doing high end houses, the neighbors tend to take note of who you are and the quality of work. If they're unhappy with their current company, you might easily be the one they call to replace them. Make sure you include your phone number and website on your trailer. It validates to the consumer that you are a legit company.

Also, my advice is get a local print shop to do it for you. Installing it is a pain in the ass and if your smart, you might even be able to pull some contacts from the print shop owner. The guy who did ours eventually became a good friend we have received numerous clients from his recommendations.