PDA

View Full Version : What are these?

TexasFire221
01-03-2013, 12:26 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv4Rqy73Cfk

Have a customer requesting these and I'm not sure what they are.
Posted via Mobile Device

44DCNF
01-03-2013, 03:16 PM
Your link is bad.
I c&p'd it to browser and got an image of an led light on an icehouse. clicking it to watch the video did not execute either, fyi, so you can correct.

TexasFire221
01-03-2013, 03:25 PM
Hmm I'm not sure. I know the link is from my mobile device. If you search YouTube for "LED lights for Ice house". I'm just trying to figure out if its rope light or what. Rope lights won't last in the Texas heat so those aren't really an option. The customer owns 4 of these ice machines and 2 car washes and wants this look.
Posted via Mobile Device

wurkn with amish
01-03-2013, 07:35 PM
looks like rope lights to me. The square kind.........

hotrod1965
01-03-2013, 08:00 PM
It's called RGB LED lighting. You need to have a controller of some kind (many options from simple to fulling programmable)

There are various styles as well as various water proof ratings. So make sure you do your home works first.... The good stuff is fairly expensive.

addictedtolandscaping
01-04-2013, 07:28 AM
Think I am going to start a new thread with regard to this. I am in a similar situation, I picked up a new account this year, that wants to do something like this, usable for the entire year, able to facilitate different colors for different occasions etc.

CobraRob
01-04-2013, 10:26 PM
hummmmmm intresting

TexasFire221
01-05-2013, 01:17 PM
Well I have found this stuff on many websites. Its expensive but not sure how it will do in the Texas sun and heat.

CleanCut1
01-05-2013, 01:50 PM
Well I have found this stuff on many websites. Its expensive but not sure how it will do in the Texas sun and heat.

I've been researching this too, but holding out to see how it holds up in our heat.

I have a residential customer who owns multiple convenience stores and truck stops. I thought I had his commercial business until he found a company out of Houston that installs these LED Strip Lights and had them installed on one of his stores. They look pretty good for a commercial application. They look very easy to install and seem adaptable to almost any space.

I'm going to check back to see how they are doing at the end of August. If they hold up, it may be something to look into further.

TexasFire221
01-05-2013, 02:21 PM
I cant seem to find anything longer than 16ft in this stuff.

hotrod1965
01-05-2013, 11:04 PM
They actually make these are are similar the M5 strands. So you buy a 50 count strand of RGB, it's not that different than installing strands of light.

So you can do some pretty cool effects on trees and bushes.