PDA

View Full Version : 04 F550 Ext Cab Plow & Salter

rosenbaumd
01-03-2013, 08:28 PM
Please see following link on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-FORD-F550-EXT-CAB-MASON-DUMP-4X4-DIESEL-AUTO-PLOW-SALTER-LEAF-VAC-TARP-/181055945137?pt=Commercial_Trucks&hash=item2a27c679b1

Turfdude
01-04-2013, 06:33 PM
Assuming this is the 6.0 nightmare international diesel motor, what work have you had done to the engine?? There is a kit available to get rid of all of the problems, but would cost me about $3k installed. I see reserve is not met, so what is your # and is that a 9' western blade?

Jimslawncareservice
01-04-2013, 07:00 PM
Assuming this is the 6.0 nightmare international diesel motor, what work have you had done to the engine?? There is a kit available to get rid of all of the problems, but would cost me about $3k installed. I see reserve is not met, so what is your # and is that a 9' western blade?

What is this kit you speak of?
Posted via Mobile Device

rosenbaumd
01-04-2013, 07:39 PM
The mechanic is the one that posts the eBay ads. He has listed a pretty extensive description on the eBay listing. It lists all the work that has been done to the truck along with information on the plow and salter.

I am not positive what the reserve is set at. We normally post all our trucks on Craigslist and eBay and see who bites first but we have had success selling the trucks on eBay higher then what we have listed them on Craiglist for. Hard to believe.

I want to say the reserve is set in the 15-16k range.

Please take another look at the ad and if there is futher questions I can reach out to the mechanic and get additional answers.

Turfdude
01-04-2013, 08:25 PM
Jim, I am a ford guy, but was told by several mechanics including two that work on my trucks at my shop to avoid the 6.0 and its 6.4 replacement as both have issues. I know that there is an aftermarket kit available for around $2200 that replaces all of the injectors and other crap that goes wrong when the diesel fuel eats the gas tank lining & shits the injectors, turbo, etc and is about another $800 in labor. If this is done, problems are eliminated.

Jimslawncareservice
01-04-2013, 08:38 PM
Jim, I am a ford guy, but was told by several mechanics including two that work on my trucks at my shop to avoid the 6.0 and its 6.4 replacement as both have issues. I know that there is an aftermarket kit available for around $2200 that replaces all of the injectors and other crap that goes wrong when the diesel fuel eats the gas tank lining & shits the injectors, turbo, etc and is about another $800 in labor. If this is done, problems are eliminated.

I'll have to check into that. I have a 04 with the 6.0 in it. It needs an injector or two. If I do all 8 its 3 grand with labor. I would just have them do that instead.
Posted via Mobile Device