PDA

View Full Version : exmark metro 48"

wedgewood lawncare
01-03-2013, 09:58 PM
Hey folks, new to the forum, just have a few questions:

I'm looking at buying a 2011 exmark metro 48" walk behind w/ only 50 hours on it for $3000 OBO

for the approx 1k I'm saving from buying new [incl. tax] ,seems like a decent deal

is the fixed deck really all that bad?

any other comments about this machine?

thanks!

jones68
01-04-2013, 09:32 AM
i run 2 metro's a '99 48" and a '02 36". I love them great machines. I have used a turf tracer for a day and didnt like it, the metros are more maneuverable and you can easily push down on the handles to lift the deck up to go over obstacles in front of you. also i like that there are less parts to break which means less down time. I cannot speak on the ecs handles vs pistol grip. i have never used ecs handles (i would like to try them though) both of mine are pistol grip i like it i have used a few different brand fixed deck walkbehinds with pistol grips and they are all at different angles. The metros handles (at least on my older ones cant say about new ones) are adjustable with moving 2 bolts which makes nice you can adjust it to yourself mine have 3 positions to choose from. hope this helps. when i go to replace one of mine it will be with another metro.

Valk
01-04-2013, 12:12 PM
Look the seller in the eye and make sure he performed the correctly timed initial break-in oil change at ~8hrs. Otherwise, you might be running the original break-in oil...now.

Landrus2
01-04-2013, 02:03 PM
Great mower If you don't have to go trough gates:weightlifter:

Turfdude
01-04-2013, 07:16 PM
We have a 2012 with ECS controls. I have had and still use pistol grips since 1990 or so. The pistol grips allow you to elevate the deck if going over tree roots, etc a little better, but the ecs controls are by far the only way to go imho. If that is the price with a catcher great deal, if without ecs and without a catcher, a bit steep. I was out the door tax, etc for all aforementioned for just over $4k last spring.

wedgewood lawncare
01-05-2013, 11:23 AM
good info, thanks everyone!

94gt331
01-05-2013, 08:15 PM
Hey folks, new to the forum, just have a few questions:

I'm looking at buying a 2011 exmark metro 48" walk behind w/ only 50 hours on it for $3000 OBO

for the approx 1k I'm saving from buying new [incl. tax] ,seems like a decent deal

is the fixed deck really all that bad?

any other comments about this machine?

thanks!

I bought a brand new exmark metro 2 years ago for $3200 they go on sale at the end of the year sometimes. Now there around $3700-$4000 check your dealer they might have a good deal going right now. You want that 2 year warranty if your spending almost full price.