View Full Version : removing leaves from scrubs

01-05-2013, 07:26 AM
What is your method for removing leaves that are stuck in shrubs? All our leaves have fallen and we are cleaning out the beds and shrubs of leaves. A blower doesn't seem to get them out but rather push them deeper and a small plastic rake is tedious and slow going. Is there a better way that you guys may know to get the leaves out of the shrubberies?

Sprinkler Buddy
01-05-2013, 08:48 AM
Natural fertilizer, get them the best you can with the back pack and don't worry about those that remain where few if any will care they were left behind.

01-05-2013, 10:57 AM
If you have to do a good job in which everyleaf is removed, then you can only do it by hand with a bag at the ready... there are no shortcuts to excellence that I'm aware of... have fun... :)

Darryl G
01-05-2013, 11:41 AM
I just use a big backpack blower and then if necessary use a shredder vac to touch up. The only shrubs that really give me any problem are Barberry and Roses I'm not about to pick them out by hand.

kawasaki guy
01-14-2013, 05:45 PM
Same as Darryl G

Darryl G
01-14-2013, 06:01 PM
This is the best way actually. "Hey...give me them leaves you damn scrub or I'm reporting you for being unlicensed." lmao