PDA

View Full Version : removing leaves from scrubs

wegomow
01-05-2013, 08:26 AM
What is your method for removing leaves that are stuck in shrubs? All our leaves have fallen and we are cleaning out the beds and shrubs of leaves. A blower doesn't seem to get them out but rather push them deeper and a small plastic rake is tedious and slow going. Is there a better way that you guys may know to get the leaves out of the shrubberies?

Sprinkler Buddy
01-05-2013, 09:48 AM
Natural fertilizer, get them the best you can with the back pack and don't worry about those that remain where few if any will care they were left behind.

Smallaxe
01-05-2013, 11:57 AM
If you have to do a good job in which everyleaf is removed, then you can only do it by hand with a bag at the ready... there are no shortcuts to excellence that I'm aware of... have fun... :)

Darryl G
01-05-2013, 12:41 PM
I just use a big backpack blower and then if necessary use a shredder vac to touch up. The only shrubs that really give me any problem are Barberry and Roses I'm not about to pick them out by hand.

kawasaki guy
01-14-2013, 06:45 PM
Same as Darryl G

Darryl G
01-14-2013, 07:01 PM
This is the best way actually. "Hey...give me them leaves you damn scrub or I'm reporting you for being unlicensed." lmao