PDA

View Full Version : 20" McClane Reel mower oil change.

gulfjoe
01-05-2013, 01:51 PM
I was hoping someone out there could help with this because I am becoming very aggravated trying to do something as simple as an oil change on a lawn mower. Can someone please tell me where the drain plug is on the Model mower. I bought it used this time last year and I haven't even used it yet but I asm doing all my maintenance on my equipment and I thought I should do an oil change on this one. I found a manual online for a different yet similar mower but it was not very helpful. The site wont let me upload all of my photos, but it is a 3HP Briggs&Stratton.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/user-manuals/2035rp7-mcclane-parts-reel+mower-manual

here are some pictures.
Any help would greatly appreciated.

gulfjoe
01-05-2013, 02:17 PM
Model and type number

Landrus2
01-05-2013, 02:54 PM
Those are the oil drain plugs.:weightlifter:

gulfjoe
01-05-2013, 03:52 PM
I found the manual online ... My problem is they don't want to come out. The front of the motor has an Allen screw and its stripped. And the back of the engine has a square drive and its almost stripped and doesn't budge and I put a lot of torque on it in the loosening direction (left). I'm gonna get some PB. Blaster and let it soak in and see if that helps any but being an oil drain plug I wouldn't think it would seize like this.
Posted via Mobile Device

gulfjoe
01-05-2013, 05:28 PM
I found the manual online ... My problem is they don't want to come out. The front of the motor has an Allen screw and its stripped. And the back of the engine has a square drive and its almost stripped and doesn't budge and I put a lot of torque on it in the loosening direction (left). I'm gonna get some PB. Blaster and let it soak in and see if that helps any but being an oil drain plug I wouldn't think it would seize like this.
Posted via Mobile Device

Put some Incredible Hulk on it, and I got it out
Posted via Mobile Device