PDA

View Full Version : Can you turn a Wright Stander 36 in a 6 foot wide enclosed trailer?

bodaggin
01-05-2013, 10:32 PM
I know the dimensions and have done the math, just wondering if anyone has a 6 foot enclosed trailer and can confirm that it can be done.

The 63 inch length is fine, but my question is can you get it to make the turn. My Ax2+Bx2=Cx2 puts the diagonal at about 69 inches and I only have 68.

Can anyone confirm?

HPI_Savage25
01-05-2013, 10:41 PM
I can't confirm but maybe depends which way the wheels are turned you can squeeze it in. I have an Encore 36" and I think I can turn it sideways in my trailer.
Posted via Mobile Device

caseysmowing
01-06-2013, 03:03 PM
I can turn a RH 52inch wright and a 48 inch vride on a 6.5 wide. Don't knOw if that helps or not but I think you should be able to.

bodaggin
01-06-2013, 03:18 PM
Thanks guys.

I definitely think it will make it because the mower isn't an exact square. Would love to get some solid confirmation before buying a couple!

thomas.creation
01-06-2013, 04:47 PM
My open trailer is 6.5 wide and I load my 36" stander on the side gate by driving up and spinning it around to drive down and I have plenty of room. I think the mower is only 5' or so long. You should be fine.

thomas.creation
01-06-2013, 05:01 PM
I just went out to the garage to measure my wright 36 and its about 4.5 long and front left wheel to back right wheel its about 5.5' measured diagonal. I'm 90 percent sure you wont have a problem but it will be very tight. BTW mine is a fixed deck not sure if it has different dimensions over the rapid height.

doobs41378
01-06-2013, 05:12 PM
I would assume your dealer would allow you to try it out in the parking lot if you brought your trailer there, especially if you are going to buy a couple.

bodaggin
01-06-2013, 07:17 PM
Thomas you're a huge help, thanks for measuring that. Tight is not an issue, in fact the tighter the better as long as it fits.

Just checked Wright and the Fixed Deck is 60'' in length on the spec sheet, and the RH (which I would be looking for) is 63''. So you aren't kidding on the closeness.

If anyone has a 36 RH and is bored and could do a measurement, or even better, could do an actual pivot test against a wall or something to see the exact max length on the diagonal I would be so incredibly thankful.

The reason I can't is because I'm in Canada and we have no dealers here. It would save me a 400 mile one way trip if you happen to have one.

Thanks a ton for the help so far.

bodaggin
01-07-2013, 12:42 AM
So I'm going to go ahead and get ready to purchase some used 36inch mowers when I see some deals pop up, even without knowing they will fit for certain. I think the chances are good.

If they don't fit, I'll bust out the welder and cut those 2 anti scalp pieces off the back to shorten it up and give a guaranteed fit!

Thanks for the help.

pugs
01-07-2013, 09:36 AM
So I'm going to go ahead and get ready to purchase some used 36inch mowers when I see some deals pop up, even without knowing they will fit for certain. I think the chances are good.

If they don't fit, I'll bust out the welder and cut those 2 anti scalp pieces off the back to shorten it up and give a guaranteed fit!

Thanks for the help.

Those arent anti scalp wheels. Its to prevent the machine from going over backwards if you pop too big a wheelie.

I would suggest going with the fixed deck machines.