PDA

View Full Version : I just bought a zero turn,and I have a question

etap
01-06-2013, 01:23 PM
I have a 05 commercial Husqvarna,with 350 hrs. On the Hydraulic fluid tank,has use 15w-50 mobil 1 syn oil. My question is,I know your all mowers are newer,and more expensive than mine,so could you tell me what weight oil that you are using,to make the pumps last as long as possible because of alot of heat to get rid of .This machine looks just like the BOB-Cat fast cat 48,but I am not able to get any free infomation from them. I thank you for your help!

Richard Martin
01-06-2013, 03:33 PM
Keep using the Mobil 1 15w50. It's a very good oil. I've used it in my Dixie Chopper before.

weeze
01-06-2013, 04:47 PM
yeah i use mobil 1 oil in everything i own. it's great.

BigFish
01-06-2013, 07:30 PM
I have a 05 commercial Husqvarna,with 350 hrs. On the Hydraulic fluid tank,has use 15w-50 mobil 1 syn oil. My question is,I know your all mowers are newer,and more expensive than mine,so could you tell me what weight oil that you are using,to make the pumps last as long as possible because of alot of heat to get rid of .This machine looks just like the BOB-Cat fast cat 48,but I am not able to get any free infomation from them. I thank you for your help!

Just disregard that sticker, it's useless!! Use 90wt. gear oil instead. MUCH cheaper, and works much better than what the mfg. recommends !!! Oh yeah, don't forget to add some Sea Foam!!

piston slapper
01-06-2013, 07:59 PM
Just disregard that sticker, it's useless!! Use 90wt. gear oil instead. MUCH cheaper, and works much better than what the mfg. recommends !!! Oh yeah, don't forget to add some Sea Foam!!

As long as you are advising him to trash his hydros....
You may as well have him sweep around the bench grinder and pour the shavings into the tank...:hammerhead:
That'll really speed up the process...and Stump the Technician...

WARNING.....Do Not Take This Post Seriously..

herler
01-08-2013, 11:40 PM
I can't quite figure out which one's more astounding, the 90w recommendation had my jaw drop...
But the original question wasn't much better, and in the balance both are about as rough.

Isenberg Lawn Care
01-10-2013, 10:35 PM
Just stick with the Mobil 1 15w50, not too expensive but worth it...although I did chuckle by Piston Slapper's post (Kudos Piston Slapper)

DR J
01-15-2013, 07:39 PM
May look at 15w40 schaeffer 7000 synthetic blend, all we use and has moly in it, Best oil i have EVER used!