PDA

View Full Version : How are you full services accounts set up?

lawnpropm
01-07-2013, 12:09 PM
Alright guys, I want to hear some of the experienced business owners weigh in on this subject. Of course all of us are in search for those customers who want their landscape in showcase condition year round and are willing to pay for it. What is your definition of full service? Is it mowing, bed maint, shrub trimming/pruning, fert & squirt, fall clean up etc..... Are you guys estimating the total annual cost for these services and billing them over 12 months? Lets say for example after quoting services the annual cost to the client would be $4500, $4500/ 12 months= $375 monthly. Would this be an option or are there different methods for billing? How are you billing? I have been sending emails and hard copies by snail mail.
Here in South Carolina we generally get about 8 - 8.5 months mowing but there are a few other things to keep some what busy. Im looking for a way to create 12 months of income with customers on an annual contract/ service agreement. I am aware that every customer will not want 12 months of service and all will not want to sign a service agreement. Would like to hear your thoughts, opinions, and systems that you plan to implement or currently have in place with your company..................
Posted via Mobile Device

Crimson Lawn
01-08-2013, 11:46 PM
Lawnpro,
I am a small company, started full time in May 2010. At the end of that season a friend told me about level billing. Pretty much what you said, take total amount and divide by 12. That has worked great and supplied me 12 month income. As I have grown I still like it but the down side is the hrs you and your help put in during the season. And yes full service; cut, trim, edge, blow, hedge trimming, bed maint, mulch/roch top dress, plant install, color change, etc.
It took til this year for me to figure out the money cycle on level billing.
Being that I had alot of financial responsibilities(kid, house, food) I was selling everything from gutter cleanings(a lot), Christmas Decorating(none),
window washing(none), parking lot clean ups(two). One of the busiest things I sold(a big pain) was clearing out brush and overgrown chain link fences(3). The work is hard but it was a money maker. I do like those jobs in the winter because of less bugs, no leaves and if that is your only job for the week, slow down.

Crimson Lawn
01-08-2013, 11:55 PM
Also meant to tell you, the benefits of level billing. I explaned to my customers that in May, June when multiple services are performed your bill is the same, it is also helpful to remind them A/C season is kicking in and that power bill is on the rise. Some told me that" I'm paying for something in the winter and I'm not getting anything". False, I go by 2 times a month, look at everything I am going to service make notes, recommendations, pick up any small down limbs or trash. Leave a visit card and move on. Sometimes they see you but they will notice the 10 time ranover newspaper gone or the new one on the front porch. I try to set those days when its there trash day, so I can take there cans back up to the garage door.

Nate'sLawnCare
01-09-2013, 12:27 AM
In NC, if you do landscape contracts above a certain dollar amount, I believe $2500/year, you're required to obtain a landscaping contractor certification and license. It might be worth checking the laws in SC prior to entering into a contract, just to be safe. Good luck.

lawnpropm
01-09-2013, 01:26 AM
Lawnpro
It took til this year for me to figure out the money cycle on level billing. ..
Thanks for your input. When you say it took you awhile to figure out the money cycle do you mean choosing which dates customers pay on so everyone isn't paying at the first of the month and then there isn't any cash flow at the end of the month?
Posted via Mobile Device

lawnpropm
01-09-2013, 01:29 AM
In NC, if you do landscape contracts above a certain dollar amount, I believe $2500/year, you're required to obtain a landscaping contractor certification and license. It might be worth checking the laws in SC prior to entering into a contract, just to be safe. Good luck.
I have checked around on any licenses / certifications required by the state and from all of the info I have gathered, you only need a pesticide license if you offer that service and a license for most cities that you operate in.
Posted via Mobile Device

Crimson Lawn
01-09-2013, 08:00 AM
lawnpro,
What I mean is , you invoice everyone out at the end of the month. You have all your cost to do business for the month. There is a carry over from the previous month of invoices that have yet to be paid.
Level Billing will strech your money a bit thin during the height of the season because everything that is going on and everything you are paying for to get done. When you get Sept. and October everything is starting to come full circle, for the year, and money starts to pile up in your account.
After seeing this for 2 years in a row, I know to set up a few big jobs in the spring to help on the income because we about to be super busy for 3 or 4 months.
In other words you not collecting for 5 cuts, mulch, hedge trimming and fertilizing in the month of May, you are paying fot that but you are only collecting a Level Payment.

lawnpropm
01-09-2013, 09:20 AM
lawnpro.
In other words you not collecting for 5 cuts, mulch, hedge trimming and fertilizing in the month of May, you are paying fot that but you are only collecting a Level Payment.
I got ya your saying that you are going to have to take on this cost up front. Like their bill for the month of May might be $700, but you have already accounted for that and they are paying say $300 a month set price.
Posted via Mobile Device

lawnpropm
01-09-2013, 09:23 AM
Would it be a good idea to not have all of hour customers pay on the same date? Like say have invoices due the 1st, 15th, and the 25th that way you have a steady stream of income the entire month?
Posted via Mobile Device

Crimson Lawn
01-09-2013, 10:11 AM
That may make tracking payments a nightmare. Invoice once a month, collect throughout month. People that have not paid in 30 days, I call and remind them. They dont answer, I leave a message and inform them service will be stopped until account is paid in full. 9.8 times out of 10 you get paid in full with in 3 days.
If you got 30 customers and you invoice them in groups of 10, try to keep up with who has paid relevant to 30 days. I say this because, again, you are out your cost of doing business to there Level Amount. Bill everyone once a month, collect throughout the month.
One thing I started doing in 2012 was I started invoicing customers as soon as it was there last service of the month. That kept me from doing all of mine in one or two nights and I could track payments relative to a full calender.

lawnpropm
01-09-2013, 07:31 PM
That may make tracking payments a nightmare. Invoice once a month, collect throughout month. People that have not paid in 30 days, I call and remind them. They dont answer, I leave a message and inform them service will be stopped until account is paid in full. 9.8 times out of 10 you get paid in full with in 3 days.
If you got 30 customers and you invoice them in groups of 10, try to keep up with who has paid relevant to 30 days. I say this because, again, you are out your cost of doing business to there Level Amount. Bill everyone once a month, collect throughout the month.
One thing I started doing in 2012 was I started invoicing customers as soon as it was there last service of the month. That kept me from doing all of mine in one or two nights and I could track payments relative to a full calender.
So do you set the invoices up as pay upon now or do you net them 30 days? I liked service auto pilots idea of credit cards on file and automatically bill at the same time every month, I would like to implement some sort of the same system just not ready yet. That way I could do "level billing" but still have cash flow all throughout the month. Do things get tight on you at the end of the month?
Posted via Mobile Device

cpllawncare
01-09-2013, 08:04 PM
We bill twice a month, on the 15th and the 30/31st we took the customer list and split in half by alphabetical order, it keeps cash flow going throughout the month, things always come up no matter how hard you try, so billing once a month is hard for a small operation. Crimson your saying you still service the proerties in dec jan and feb? every week or how much?

cpllawncare
01-09-2013, 08:15 PM
Also don't have this as your only option but have other options as well, It's a good way to go, but you will have a hard time selling it to most people, so just have it as an option, I think I did a terrible job of selling it last year, you have to really be clear about it. we had a few that when dec rolled around and they got their bill they canceled, all of a sudden didn't remember signing up for "That" even though they had a signed agreement.

lawnpropm
01-09-2013, 10:39 PM
We bill twice a month, on the 15th and the 30/31st we took the customer list and split in half by alphabetical order, it keeps cash flow going throughout the month, things always come up no matter how hard you try, so billing once a month is hard for a small operation. Crimson your saying you still service the proerties in dec jan and feb? every week or how much?
To me this seems better for the business so your not having to pinch pennies at the end of the month. I also felt like I haven't been communicating with customers well. This year when someone signs up I am going to sit down with them and go over everything that is going to be done on their property before they sign.
Posted via Mobile Device

Crimson Lawn
01-09-2013, 11:43 PM
Yes, I still "service" Dec, Jan, Feb. I will go by, try to on trash day, pull there cans up to the garage door, throw away ran over news papers, put the new paper on the front patio, pick up a few small limbs or trash and move on.
Some of my Level Billers have Snow removal estimated in. I base my Level Bill on what is average for our area. In the Winters of 09,10,11 I did more snow removal than I estimated. I 2012 I did one, started weekly service sooner but went back to EOW went the drought kicked in and it was 100 and too stupid everyday.
I thought about invoicing biweekly. Didnt because I ended up having a lot of weekly payers

Crimson Lawn
01-09-2013, 11:51 PM
cpll, on that winter service, once a month unless it snows. 12 month Level billing is same all 12 months. I dont half to go, i could sit and watch the birds but they keep me feed and warm in the winter and I sweat while they are in the A/C. If they call, I am more than happy to go do something, There is only so long I can sit before I start laughing at myself or start thinking Im still gungho about running 5 miles a day or sitting behind this
$%#@ computer dreaming about new mowers!!! Maddening!!!

cpllawncare
01-10-2013, 11:55 AM
It's a bit different here we don't have the snow option, matter of fact it's sunny and 65 here today. That was what I was thinking once a month would suffice in dec jan and feb, but when you try to sell that, it's gets really hard, people are really tightening down on their budgets now, and $200/month for a one time service for three months doesn't make sense for the avg person.No matter how you put it to them. Right now I'm looking at weekly service march thru oct then twice in nov and once in dec jan and feb for the year round customers.

Crimson Lawn
01-10-2013, 01:52 PM
I know what you mean about tightening down on money and I had the same questions you did. Most will think twice about because they are heavy into you with there money on Level 12 months. By the time you get June you are into them with your service, they could fire you and deny whats left to atleast break even. It is a big trust issue so starting weekly and earning trust with your hard work and honesty will be key.
You can do a nine month Level Pay, it will be higher though.

CircleC
01-10-2013, 04:13 PM
I have all my full service customers set up on level payment. March thru December. Trying to collect in off season is hard and most customers didnt want to pay in off months. Level paying has allowed us to get payed faster and on time. "Mow only" customers are billed 1st of the month before work is done to ensure payment. No payment by the 15th...no more mow. It has worked out great and it allows us us to budget monthly with level payments. Commercial customers are 12 month payment.
Posted via Mobile Device

NC Greenscaper
01-10-2013, 06:56 PM

I'm not sure that's accurate. In NC we have a Landscape Contractors' Registration Board. Here are the first three paragraphs of the stature:

On and after December 1, 1975, it shall be unlawful for any person, partnership, association or corporation in this State to use the title "landscape contractor," or to advertise as such without first obtaining a certificate issued by the North Carolina Landscape contractors' Registration Board under provisions of this Chapter.(1975, c. 741, s. 1.)

§ 89D‑2. Definition.
A "landscape contractor" within the meaning of this Chapter is any person, partnership, association or corporation who for compensation or valuable consideration or promise thereof engages in the business requiring the art, experience, ability, knowledge, science and skill to install, plant, repair and maintain gardens, lawns, shrubs, vines, bushes, trees and other decorative vegetation including the grading and preparation of plots and areas of land for decorative treatment and arrangement; who constructs or installs garden pools, fountains, pavilions, conservatories, hothouses and greenhouses, incidental retaining walls, fences, walks, drainage and sprinkler systems; or who engages in incidental construction in connection therewith, or does any part thereof in such a manner that, under an agreed specification, an acceptable landscaping project can be executed. (1975, c. 741, s. 2.)

§ 89D‑3. Application of Chapter.
The provisions of this Chapter shall not apply to and shall not include any person, partnership, association or corporation who shall perform any of the acts aforesaid in G.S. 89D‑2 with reference to any property, so long as that person, partnership, association or corporation shall not use the title "landscape contractor." (1975, c. 741, s. 3.)

Basically as long as you are not using and advertising yourself as a "Landscape Contractor" you can do the same work.

I think there are laws that require a general contractors license if they are over a certain amount (30K).

lawnpropm
01-10-2013, 07:03 PM
Guys during the winter I think it would be easier to sell clients on the 12 month plan if you showed up at least twice a month during the none growing season. Blowing out beds keeping them weed free even run over the yard so it keeps its maintained look. Weather was great here today, actually broke quite a sweat pruning today.
As far as billing I think im going to set 3 dates a month when invoices go out.
Posted via Mobile Device

NC Greenscaper
01-10-2013, 07:09 PM
Once in awhile we get a question from a full service about paying in the winter. When you review what they are paying for and they see you showing up periodically, they usually understand.

lawnpropm
01-12-2013, 01:17 AM
Have you guys ever offered overseeding with winter Rye for warm season grasses to keep lawns green year round? I havent tried to push this as a service and im not sure of the growth rates, but mowing something green every 2month weeks might seem feasible to customers.
Posted via Mobile Device

cpllawncare
01-12-2013, 08:24 AM
You could add that in to your yearly service accounts, I'd be careful around here we're in a transition zone and it could cause more problems than you planned for.

lawnpropm
01-12-2013, 08:42 AM
Yea were in 7b, what kind of problems? In the class I just took, I remember discussions on how it depletes the soil of nitrogen at a accelerated rate..... What problemsI have youyou experienced? I don't see it much I've seen it on a few small commercial properties.
Posted via Mobile Device

Crimson Lawn
01-12-2013, 09:00 AM
Lawnpro,
It depends on your customer and yes, if you have warm season grasses then I wouldnt seed with a winter rye, let it go dormant. Its kinda been a joke around here with a few othe Lawn Guys, paint it. How do you think some of Pro Fields stay green in the winter. Yea its some grass, but not all of it. Tall fescue is our turf grass here. It stays green year round except in a drought. It does brown up a little in winter.
I do have a customer that mainly has Zoysia and he couldnt stand the brown in the winter. I got with my seed guy and we planted a Perennial Winter Rye. It comes out about the time the Zoysia goes away in the Fall and goes dormant about the time the Zoysia comes in. We had to add an additional Starter Fert in the winter to help. It wasnt cheap either, 50lbs for about 93.00. It is a selling point though.

lawnpropm
01-12-2013, 09:11 AM
I have customers that are the same way hate brown in the winter. Even had a few ask about fescue, but that's pretty much a no go here in the upstate. Crimson, what was the growth rate like on the rye during winter months and did you treat this lawn as well?
Posted via Mobile Device

Crimson Lawn
01-12-2013, 09:25 AM
Made me think I was going to half wake up the equipment from hibernation.
It got tall. Rye can grow with low sun angle and little moisture. A lot of Farmers up here plant winter wheat crops so I thought this would be an answer for him, it was. Now the question is how often will I need to re seed, every other year, every third because the Zoysia will choke it out. This was a trial and I only charged him for the product because I wanted to know as well.
I will half to think about it but if we keep snow cover, out of sight out of mind.

cpllawncare
01-12-2013, 04:57 PM
Why do you say fescue is a no go in the upstate? the key is to keep it overseeded, watered and a strict weed control and fertilizaton program in place. I have accounts that have tall fescue that we do all of the above and they look great year round. I just checked on all the accounts last week and the fescue lawns are in great shape right now, as are the bermuda lawns, I have one account with St Augustine and can't find a solid weed control and fert program. my fert and squirt guy won't touch it. The customer called several of the big guys too and they won't touch it either. Going to try and get someone from Clemson to clue me in.

lawnpropm
01-12-2013, 05:34 PM
Why do you say fescue is a no go in the upstate? the key is to keep it overseeded, watered and a strict weed control and fertilizaton program in place. I have accounts that have tall fescue that we do all of the above and they look great year round. I just checked on all the accounts last week and the fescue lawns are in great shape right now, as are the bermuda lawns, I have one account with St Augustine and can't find a solid weed control and fert program. my fert and squirt guy won't touch it. The customer called several of the big guys too and they won't touch it either. Going to try and get someone from Clemson to clue me in.
Bc most of the customers that have fescue will not do all of the above and im not going to do it if they wont do a full program like what you described lol. Do you overseed or topdress Bermuda? Bermuda seed is high as $*%# here. If you can get in touch with George Dickert at the Clemson ext in Spartanburg. Also Carolina Fresh Farms here in town has a schedule for for St. Augustine I believe. I think if you call Ryan he can email it to you or I could grab one for you.
Posted via Mobile Device

Crimson Lawn
01-13-2013, 07:52 AM
cpll,
St. Augustine requires different apllications rates. Also there are some ferts and even squirts that you cannot use on it as well. I will give my father a call in Florida and see who or what he uses. Fesuce can look very good if people are willing to pay for it. Our strains of Fescue here take about 3 full years to become adult enough to sustain themselves.
I can try to get other info from Howard Johnsons commercial line you.

yardguy28
01-13-2013, 09:49 AM
Alright guys, I want to hear some of the experienced business owners weigh in on this subject. Of course all of us are in search for those customers who want their landscape in showcase condition year round and are willing to pay for it. What is your definition of full service? Is it mowing, bed maint, shrub trimming/pruning, fert & squirt, fall clean up etc..... Are you guys estimating the total annual cost for these services and billing them over 12 months? Lets say for example after quoting services the annual cost to the client would be $4500, $4500/ 12 months= $375 monthly. Would this be an option or are there different methods for billing? How are you billing? I have been sending emails and hard copies by snail mail.
Here in South Carolina we generally get about 8 - 8.5 months mowing but there are a few other things to keep some what busy. Im looking for a way to create 12 months of income with customers on an annual contract/ service agreement. I am aware that every customer will not want 12 months of service and all will not want to sign a service agreement. Would like to hear your thoughts, opinions, and systems that you plan to implement or currently have in place with your company..................
Posted via Mobile Device

MY idea of full service and what I offer as full service is:

weekly mowings (bagging as NEEDED), shrub pruning usually twice a season (or as needed), mulch once a season, spring clean ups and fall clean ups.

if I were licensed I would include fert in that full service.

I invoice at the end of the month for the work that was actually performed. no contracts, service agreement or any papers to sign except the check you send.

I use my full service option as a way for clients to basically forget about there lawn. if I show up one week and the grass is a little longer than normal I can just choose to bag it and charge accordingly. as the shrubs need pruned I just do it. services in general are done automatically as I see they are needed.

my basic clients are just mowing services and anything else is up to them to either ask for or give me permission to do.

groundeffects
01-13-2013, 06:18 PM
It will also be costly to the customer in spring when it comes time to spray out the winter rye. There is really no one grass that works better in our area. Like cpllawncare said we are in that transition zone. All going to depend on the site and soil. As for the billing issue it wouldnt be such a probelm to get customers to pay year round if it werent for the fly by nights coming in every year dropping prices.

lawnpropm
01-13-2013, 07:22 PM
It will also be costly to the customer in spring when it comes time to spray out the winter rye. There is really no one grass that works better in our area. Like cpllawncare said we are in that transition zone. All going to depend on the site and soil. As for the billing issue it wouldnt be such a probelm to get customers to pay year round if it werent for the fly by nights coming in every year dropping prices.
Yea I know we are in a transition zone, for some reason I thought at a certain temperature would make the rye die back??
Posted via Mobile Device

lawnpropm
01-13-2013, 07:23 PM
MY idea of full service and what I offer as full service is:

weekly mowings (bagging as NEEDED), shrub pruning usually twice a season (or as needed), mulch once a season, spring clean ups and fall clean ups.

if I were licensed I would include fert in that full service.

I invoice at the end of the month for the work that was actually performed. no contracts, service agreement or any papers to sign except the check you send.

I use my full service option as a way for clients to basically forget about there lawn. if I show up one week and the grass is a little longer than normal I can just choose to bag it and charge accordingly. as the shrubs need pruned I just do it. services in general are done automatically as I see they are needed.

my basic clients are just mowing services and anything else is up to them to either ask for or give me permission to do.
That's sounds like a good package plan. Do you plan on getting licensed
Posted via Mobile Device

cpllawncare
01-13-2013, 10:18 PM

Yea dropping prices for a season then disappearing at the end of the season.

yardguy28
01-14-2013, 01:43 AM
That's sounds like a good package plan. Do you plan on getting licensed
Posted via Mobile Device

currently no.

grassmasterswilson
01-14-2013, 06:51 AM
I changed things up a little this year. I offer fescue a 12 month plan that states 50 average cuts

My warm season looks like this....
8 month growing season(march-oct)
12 month growing and leaf season(march -dec)
12 month full year avg 48 cuts

With in each plan I had 2 levels. Mow blow go and mow with bed maintenance

I am hoping to switch all my Eow to weekly cuts. But I think I will still have a majority of "pay as you go" customers who I bill monthly as well as eow cuts.

I wish I could make my plans and pricing so attractive that people would jump all over it.

lawnpropm
01-15-2013, 09:22 AM
I wish I could make my plans and pricing so attractive that people would jump all over it.

We all wish we could do that. A friend of mine told me you can't get em all. If you do something is wrong with your prices. I told him BS I want it all!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

lawnpropm
01-23-2013, 01:23 AM
I changed things up a little this year. I offer fescue a 12 month plan that states 50 average cuts

My warm season looks like this....
8 month growing season(march-oct)
12 month growing and leaf season(march -dec)
12 month full year avg 48 cuts

With in each plan I had 2 levels. Mow blow go and mow with bed maintenance

I am hoping to switch all my Eow to weekly cuts. But I think I will still have a majority of "pay as you go" customers who I bill monthly as well as eow cuts.

Having 2 different levels in each plan, how has that worked out for you? Do you offer this as an option up front, or if the customer seems like they aren't the full service type do you then give them options?
Posted via Mobile Device

lawnpropm
01-23-2013, 01:36 AM
Also guys if you could list some of the services you currently offer within your packages and the frequency. For example frequency of mows, trimming shrubs, leaf removal, irrigation maintenance etc etc. Also for the guys doing level billing are you doing automatic billing to a debit/credit card each month?
Posted via Mobile Device

SydneyLawnCare
01-23-2013, 02:15 AM
Hey guys, what is usually the income level of these people that WANT full service all year round on a weekly basis? I'm from Sydney and it is a high income earning city. The wealthy suburbs that I am targeting have a combined average income of $120,000-$250,000+. I was thinking about charging $4500 a year as well but do you think I should charge $4800 instead or is it fine where it stands?

Thank you.

Crimson Lawn
01-23-2013, 06:58 AM
Also guys if you could list some of the services you currently offer within your packages and the frequency. For example frequency of mows, trimming shrubs, leaf removal, irrigation maintenance etc etc. Also for the guys doing level billing are you doing automatic billing to a debit/credit card each month?
Posted via Mobile Device

We offer, Lawn Service(cut,trim,edge,blow), Hedge trimming, mulching/rocking, fertilizing(sub-out), snow removal, irrigation start-up,adjustment and blow out, pressure washing of decks and concrete, weekly/eow or once a month bed maint, seasonal color change, winter pruning, vertislice, overseed, areate. We inform and recommend what we think, give them a price per activity, total it up and / by 12. We do not do credit or debit, we take cash,check or a lot of our customers set us up on their on line bank bill pay with it being automaticly paid to us once a month.
An example would be Mrs. Smith;
Widow, Fixed Income with a retirement.
30 Cuts @ $35.00(small yard) = $1050
2 Hedge Trimmings @ $75 EA = $150
5 Ferts @ $52.50 EA = $262.50
1 Dormant Seeding @ $225 = $225
3 Snow Removals @ $35 EA = $105
Total $1792.50 / 12 =149.375
Now you can move the #'s to get an even $150 a month or Make it $149 even. We offer a 10% discount if someone wants to pay in full for the year.

Hey guys, what is usually the income level of these people that WANT full service all year round on a weekly basis? I'm from Sydney and it is a high income earning city. The wealthy suburbs that I am targeting have a combined average income of $120,000-$250,000+. I was thinking about charging $4500 a year as well but do you think I should charge $4800 instead or is it fine where it stands?
I would charge the going rate for the area. We do a few propeties in the middle high end neighborhoods. A little bit bigger than the average lawn @ $50 a cut. We only get about 30 cuts a year here so If you can get in that place for that you are doing a great job.
By the way, has it cooled off down there yet?

Thank you.

Bunton Guy
01-23-2013, 07:00 AM
grassmaster....50 cuts? WOW!
Im impressed! when do you fit 50 cuts in a 52 week year

We average 36-42 on a perfect year. If there is a drought they may only see 26-32

I just bid against a company that was providing 27 cuts/visits to an HOA. We offered 36 cuts and 48 visits to the site and they thought we were overkill.

SydneyLawnCare
01-23-2013, 07:27 AM
We offer, Lawn Service(cut,trim,edge,blow), Hedge trimming, mulching/rocking, fertilizing(sub-out), snow removal, irrigation start-up,adjustment and blow out, pressure washing of decks and concrete, weekly/eow or once a month bed maint, seasonal color change, winter pruning, vertislice, overseed, areate. We inform and recommend what we think, give them a price per activity, total it up and / by 12. We do not do credit or debit, we take cash,check or a lot of our customers set us up on their on line bank bill pay with it being automaticly paid to us once a month.
An example would be Mrs. Smith;
Widow, Fixed Income with a retirement.
30 Cuts @ $35.00(small yard) = $1050
2 Hedge Trimmings @ $75 EA = $150
5 Ferts @ $52.50 EA = $262.50
1 Dormant Seeding @ $225 = $225
3 Snow Removals @ $35 EA = $105
Total $1792.50 / 12 =149.375
Now you can move the #'s to get an even $150 a month or Make it $149 even. We offer a 10% discount if someone wants to pay in full for the year.

Thanks for the advice and it is getting better day by day. Fires aren't anywhere close to where I live though.

I am trying to find out the going rate but most people here aren't offering what I am offering in terms of full lawn maintenance all year round (includes ferts, mowing, flower bed maintenance, aeration, hedging, etc.) with pressure washing, car washing, year round litter pick up, etc. I am offering the entire full maintenance service for the entire outdoors. Also no companies are marketing a full maintenance service. I think I might have a USP in this market down here. I am going to be hiring out the work and doing the business end of things so I am aiming to charge enough to make a 23% gross profit.