PDA

View Full Version : hydraulic issue on zero turn. need help

illvizions80
01-07-2013, 02:26 PM
Hi, i have a Ferris zero turn , is1500 with a 25 hp kawasaki , 52 inch deck, roughly 500 hrs. I am loosing power on my reverse and forward motion. Rpm still stays high, not bogging out. Just wont go. to try to solve the issue i changed filter and fluid. Shop told me they are self bleeding. though there might be air in the lines. I am stumped and dont know what to do. any advice is greatly apreciated. thanks..Ryan

teckjohn
01-07-2013, 02:35 PM
You are welcome to call me and I will try to help. My number is in my signature

Deererunner
01-08-2013, 04:57 PM
I doubt it's this but check the pulleys to the pumps. Are they still 'attached' to the pump? This summer I have the key stock slip out of one and bored out the pulley hole and took forever to figure out what it was.
Posted via Mobile Device

illvizions80
01-08-2013, 06:17 PM
my mower runs two belts only running one right now? could it be that? super stumped

kymowboy
01-08-2013, 06:17 PM
Check your belt tension. I had a similar problem on a snapper and the belt was loose. See if you can move the pulley by hand without the belt moving.
Posted via Mobile Device

Deererunner
01-08-2013, 06:22 PM
my mower runs two belts only running one right now? could it be that? super stumped

Do you mean 2 per pump or 1 to each pump? Sounds like possibly the belt tensioner then like what above said. The belt look worn at all? If you were to take the belt off the pumps pulley, would the pulley be wobbely at all or firm on pump shaft? No Loss of oil right?
Posted via Mobile Device

illvizions80
01-08-2013, 06:38 PM
ferris has two belts running both pulleys , tight together. one busted so i am now only running one.

Deererunner
01-08-2013, 06:42 PM
ferris has two belts running both pulleys , tight together. one busted so i am now only running one.

And is that when you noticed the problem? Sounds like thats it right there if you started noticing this when it snapped. If it did it before hand, could be something else but I think you found it.

On a side note, what year ferris? I use to run ferris's and don't ever remember them having dual belts.
Posted via Mobile Device

ashgrove landscaping
01-10-2013, 11:26 PM

UUmm that's your problem... It's more of a safety issue for having the two belt like that as well as stronger contact but of course it's weaker!! Get a new one before you go rolling down some hill and become a statistic!!!:hammerhead::drinkup:

ricky86
01-11-2013, 01:50 PM
Get a new belt. It will be a double v bonded belt (one blt 2 vee's) Always check the belt drive first.