PDA

View Full Version : Logo issues

Bunton Guy
01-07-2013, 07:14 PM
I have been using the same logo for 11 years now. I don't want to change the logo but things are not looking good.

Problem 1 - The file that the logo is saved under is png. jpg. jpeg. & pdf
All of which look like crap when you expand the logo on any forms of paper work to be used. It looks pixelated & it always has a "white box" that surrounds the logo that you can't get rid of.

I tried using Microsoft paint to cut & erase the white box around my logo and that just plain looks like junk.

Problem 2 - I use 3 different print shops.
1. Local printer shop to make my forms, envelopes & t-shirts
2. A company from Philadelphia PA that does my post cards & business cards.
3. A local graphics shop to do vinyl work on trucks trailers & yard signs.

I contacted all 3 shops to see if any of them can remake my logo in a vector image so that it does not have any of the issues listed above.
One of the three companies had the program to do so and after two attempts neither even close to the logo. For example if my logo looks 3D the logo that this company did for me in vector image looked 2D....very stick figurish.

I think one of the issues is each shop has asked what the "font" is and I don't know its been so long! One shop a couple years ago found what it was but nobody could find the font to download it for use.

What would you do in this situation?

I've been working on a winter newsletter that I wanted out by mid January. It's not looking good at this point for being on time.

sticklelm
01-08-2013, 12:41 AM
mind posting a picture of your logo so we can see? It sounds like to me you should have a professional graphics guy help you out. Personally, i would just have a new one made, but you could probably salvage your current one if you have someone who knows what he is doing. I had a guy do my logo and he did a very verrrrrry good job. i can send you his contact info in a pm if you want. feel free to ask me any questions!