PDA

View Full Version : charging credit/debit cards daily

ashs inc
01-08-2013, 05:58 PM
Hey guy I do per cut maintenance. I want to start taking credit and debit cards. how can i charge them the day after i cut them. just tired of chasing checks.

thanks

Weekend cut easymoney
01-08-2013, 06:02 PM
Get them to fill out a credit card authorization form when they first contact you prior to mowing...email it to them and you can charge their card anytime after mowing.

grandview (2006)
01-08-2013, 06:05 PM
Lot of guys are starting to use square reader. Only problem keeping card numbers on file is that your responsible if anyone hacks or steals those numbers. And if you do decide to do this call your insurance company and get a rider for this.

Ticolawnllc
01-08-2013, 06:13 PM
Who do you guys use for card processing

TriCountyLawn
01-08-2013, 07:17 PM
Subscribed , Ive been wanting to do this for next season as well for non-seasonal customers and those bi-weekly type places. I have a handful of properties who always have paid but they are always late. If I could charge it that day it would eliminate that type of thing and improve cash flow it seems.

calvinslawnservices
01-08-2013, 10:08 PM
Remember there's usually a fee that goes with running the card, everytime it's run.

CNYScapes
01-08-2013, 10:28 PM
daily seems like a lot of work! maybe weekly? unless you have a secretary that needs something to do?

Weekend cut easymoney
01-08-2013, 10:37 PM
Who do you guys use for card processing

Intuit, QuickBooks...kinda expensive, but i keep the cards in a file folder in my locked office, not too worried about someone stealing them

ashs inc
01-09-2013, 10:37 PM
we cut appros 25 lawns a day. nothing huge most are .25 acre. just looking for a better way to collect. chasing 25 checks a day gets expensive

tebletlawns
01-11-2013, 02:16 AM
QuickBooks is cheaper than square on both card swipes and manual entries. I was just looking because this year I will be putting a card on file for All new mowing or chemical customers. Run it once right away for a small amount which will be credited to their account and will only be run again if they become XX days late on their bill. I will obviously get the ok in writing to do so. If they don't have/want me to run a card I don't want them on my route. Does any one know any forms I may need to run a credit card at any time if need be.
Posted via Mobile Device

adam.neusbaum
01-11-2013, 03:57 PM
Never consider a company like United Payment Services, they have s $79 annual fee, $45/month fees & a 3 year contract with a $399 early termination fee.
Posted via Mobile Device

Roger
01-11-2013, 10:18 PM
we cut appros 25 lawns a day. nothing huge most are .25 acre. just looking for a better way to collect. chasing 25 checks a day gets expensive

Why not accumulate the work done for the month, send an Invoice at the end of the month that covers all word done during the month, and get one check against that Invoice?

I can't imagine chasing 25 checks per day! No wonder you want a better scheme. Charges for the cc processing services usually include a "per time" charge, plus a percentage of the charge. If you run a charge after every visit, you will generate much expense associated with the "per time" fees. If you wish to do cc payments, then use the service one time per month, with charges for the work done during the month.

I also can't imagine the cc swipes after each service. Very few of my customers are home when I make their property visit. Trying to get their card for a swipe on a Square reader (for example) would seem like a nightmare. Even many of the one-time visit customers are not home -- get a call, "cut my grass," I do the work, but the customer being at home at the time of my visit is very unlikely.

I have had some customers for years, and never laid eyes on them, let alone get physical access to their cc.

seabee24
01-12-2013, 02:27 AM
If you do a search on here, this topic has been talked about before.

Get software that stores the card numbers, then charge them once per week for all services preformed.

Costs a little in fees, but it's well worth it, I save enough money and time by not going to the bank and post office daily to cover the small fee

Has to be one of the top 5 best choices I ever made for my company

lawnpropm
01-12-2013, 02:43 AM
I use intuit (go payment) I think its called . They have an app for android and send you a free card reader when you sign up. You can also key in cards. If im not mistaken customers have to sign it on your screen. You also want to be careful when storing customers credit card numbers they have to be stored in a secure location.
Posted via Mobile Device