PDA

View Full Version : Chain saws ?

action1
01-09-2013, 11:52 AM
Just a general opinion. Who makes the best chain saw? I have always leaned towards Echo or Sthil but there are many brands. Reliability and cutting performance is most important.
Posted via Mobile Device

Executive Lawn Care
01-09-2013, 12:25 PM
I have a stihl ms290 landscape and farm chain saw. Never had a problem. Would definitively recommend stihl. A friend of mine has a similar echo and also likes it/ has never had any problems.

Ridin' Green
01-09-2013, 12:53 PM
I used to run Stihl, but switched to Jonsered many years ago now, and will never go back. Husqvarna owns Jonsered, but if you check out the pro logging forums you will see that the Stihl and Husky saws are regarded about equally, but Jonsered's are usually held in higher esteem and regarded as the best of them for pro work.

There aren't near as many Jonsered deealers around or they'd be just as popular or even more so than the other two. It all comes down to their basic designs and ergonomics because there are only about two places in the world that make the engines, and two or three others that make the carbs, so they all use the same basic parts. It's just how they use them that makes the difference.

Dolmar and Solo both make great saws too.

You just need to try to do some cutting with a few different brands and see what feels best to you. Most dealers will let you run one or two of their demo saws on a log.

cpllawncare
01-09-2013, 01:01 PM
It really depends on how much and what type of cutting your doing, We use small Husky's but we only use them for general pruning and small trees, cleanouts and such, just keep a fresh chain on it and they will all cut good.

KrayzKajun
01-09-2013, 01:10 PM
Hmmm. I own Husky,stihl,echo,Shindaiwa, and some throw away poulans(for storm work). All of them do their jobs. Aslong as you keep them serviced and the chains sharp.
Posted via Mobile Device