PDA

View Full Version : Lawn care agreement

ryan41
01-09-2013, 02:30 PM
I have attached a lawn care agreement i plan to use this year. Any feedback would be great!

Thanks,
Ryan

M & MD Lawn
01-09-2013, 02:56 PM
I like that... Although I can't edit

ryan41
01-09-2013, 03:04 PM
I actually received it in the mail today as a sample. I thought it was pretty good. Its carbon paper 3 sheets. Its kind of expensive though ($125.00 for 100 sheets). I'm thinking i could make something like that in Excel or Word. Ive seen a lot of contracts with a lot of unnecessary text that just makes it all cluttered.

M & MD Lawn
01-09-2013, 03:40 PM
I think they would do better making it in a PDF form....I know me personally I type everything. I rarely write anymore..well except the date and sig.

ryan41
01-09-2013, 04:17 PM
Yeah i agree.

Ticolawnllc
01-09-2013, 05:56 PM
When I get something like that I start editing. I always end up with something that looks nothing like the original.

It is always good to get a new point of view.

cpllawncare
01-09-2013, 08:38 PM
I looks good just some tweaking but overall not bad. Why not just go two carbonless copies intead of three?

ryan41
01-09-2013, 08:39 PM
I have no idea. The company just sent it to me in the mail as a sample i guess

JContracting
01-11-2013, 04:50 AM
Its not really an agreement, its an estimate/proposal, bad wording on their end of things. But a great layout, thanks for posting.

grassmasterswilson
01-11-2013, 07:57 AM
Looks good

Love a carbon copy cause it gives all parties the same info if questions arise over prices or service.

My only suggestion is you offer a lot of services. For instance your weed program is listed separately. Maybe give a season package and show what they would get?

Also we don't do a lot of spring clean ups but that seems to be a seasonal service. You may only sell it from march-may. Then it's still on your estimate form.

Keep it simple is what I find here. People dont want to be overwelmed. You may list seasonal services in a separate box.

TandCLandscape
01-11-2013, 02:20 PM
I have 300 of those sitting in my desk. Used them once. Was a good idea at the time to give an instant quote but now most people aren't home when I do my estimate and I end up emailing them anyway.

ztman
01-11-2013, 02:29 PM
Its not really an agreement, its an estimate/proposal, bad wording on their end of things. But a great layout, thanks for posting.

You are right, it is bad wording, for example in item D at the bottom it states "We are not responsible..." There is no definition of "We" although I assume you are reading to mean we is the lco, but might as well remove ambiguities up front

cpllawncare
01-11-2013, 03:04 PM
I have 300 of those sitting in my desk. Used them once. Was a good idea at the time to give an instant quote but now most people aren't home when I do my estimate and I end up emailing them anyway.

Your saying you don't set up appts with your clients?

cpllawncare
01-11-2013, 03:07 PM
I would have proposal also, it turns into an actual contract/agreement with yours and their signature. It's just a legality.

TandCLandscape
01-11-2013, 03:18 PM
Your saying you don't set up appts with your clients?

Yes I do but sometimes it is hard to come up with the numbers on the fly. I don't want to keep the customer waiting while I measure the property and look at other things.

Some people also don't want to be bothered and just want the bottom line.

Don't get me wrong it is a nice form but it just doesn't work for me.

ryan41
01-11-2013, 03:26 PM
for a contract it requires a signature, so i don't see how you could do that through email?

ryan41
01-11-2013, 03:28 PM
It would be nice if i could customize it. I would change some of the text as you guys were talking about above. I didn't buy this like i said it just showed up in the mail. I just wanted to see what everyone thought of it!

LandFakers
01-11-2013, 03:28 PM
I think this is a good base for what I may use next year. Thanks for posting it up

cpllawncare
01-11-2013, 03:37 PM
Dang, I've only been at this for five years and I can have a simple maintenance agreement price just by looking and doing a walkthrough at the property no need to measure anything. After you've measured 10 or so yards you can judge size by eyesight, beds and all. I will have a price before I leave the appt, I don't give prices without looking and if the owner doesn't care enough to sit down and discuss their needs with me it's not a customer I want anyway.

cpllawncare
01-11-2013, 03:39 PM
It would be nice if i could customize it. I would change some of the text as you guys were talking about above. I didn't buy this like i said it just showed up in the mail. I just wanted to see what everyone thought of it!

With some tweaking it would be a good form to have, I like the layout myself but some tweaking IS in order.I'm sure whoever sent this to you could tweak it to your likes. I would investigate at the least.

Lux Lawn
01-12-2013, 08:44 PM
Nice for estimates, easy to read and everything is right there for you to just write the price in. Quick and easy to use. Where are they from.

BPS##
02-25-2013, 11:41 PM
Thanks for the template, I've been looking for some thing and will make a couple minor mods for mine.