PDA

View Full Version : Fixture search assistance

Classic Lighting
01-09-2013, 03:01 PM
Gentlemen, I am having difficulty locating a well light with an angled top that can accomidate an adjustable MR-16 with a brass cover. Can anyone refer me in the right direction? The attached picture shows the angled top.

bcg
01-09-2013, 05:31 PM
You can make your own with 6" ABS, the bullet of your choice and a Cast bronze grate. I do this a lot and use the Kichler LED bullets in them.

Lite4
01-09-2013, 05:33 PM
If the MR-16 is adjustable so that it can be angled, is it necessary to have a can with an angled top?

Classic Lighting
01-09-2013, 10:13 PM
If the MR-16 is adjustable so that it can be angled, is it necessary to have a can with an angled top?

Trying to satisfy a picky client who wants an above grade well light and my preference of a LED MR-16 lamp. I'm not a fan of LED Pars. Fixtures will be in a straw bed under large crepe myrtles so I would rather not have a flat surface at grade level.

Now for the client rant. Has someone ever told you that a bullet fixture looks like a flashlight sticking out of the ground? That one caught me by surprise.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
01-09-2013, 10:21 PM
This would probably do it for you:

http://www.nightscaping.com/wp-content/uploads/pdf/masterliter_pdf.pdf

or this:

http://www.nightscaping.com/wp-content/uploads/pdf/monetliter_pdf.pdf

Lite4
01-10-2013, 08:43 AM
Trying to satisfy a picky client who wants an above grade well light and my preference of a LED MR-16 lamp. I'm not a fan of LED Pars. Fixtures will be in a straw bed under large crepe myrtles so I would rather not have a flat surface at grade level.

Now for the client rant. Has someone ever told you that a bullet fixture looks like a flashlight sticking out of the ground? That one caught me by surprise.

Wow, I have not heard that one about a flashlight yet. I am surprised she would rather see a big piece of black pipe sticking out of the ground instead of a clean, slim, bronze fixture. Different strokes for different folks I guess. Sounds like she got the old OLP brainwash job.