PDA

View Full Version : Deere Z925M

gregwl77
01-09-2013, 09:51 PM
I'm in the market for a new z-turn this spring and this Deere looks pretty sweet.
The thing that caught my attention the most was the 20% + fuel saving with the EFI power plant, not to mention the mulch on demand. The last time I looked at the Deere mowers was about 7 years ago and the dealer I was talking with said in so many words ( buy something else )........

Ridin' Green
01-09-2013, 10:45 PM
The 900 series are excellent machines. I run a 2012 Z950 w/60" MOD deck. The new 2013's don't really appeal to me appearencewise like the version I have, but they have some great features coming out on them now. What kind of price are they telling you?

weis1
01-09-2013, 11:32 PM
Deere mowers are a good choice. Well built solid machines that have an excellent cutting deck. However I recomend testing or demoing one before commiting to the efi kohler. I found it to be underpowered, especially on any kind of an incline while mowing. I recomend the 27 kawi on that machine.

rungreen
01-10-2013, 08:00 AM
Did you get prices, have been trying to buy one they keep saying they dont have pricing yet.

gregwl77
01-10-2013, 10:38 AM
I did not get pricing yet....

Jimslawncareservice
01-10-2013, 03:53 PM
I have a 2010 purchased new in June of 2011. It's a z950 identical to riden greens. Tough mower. I have mine listed for sale. I will be either buying a cheetah, wright deere stander or getting one with flex forks. My butt and back hurt bad at the end of the day.
Posted via Mobile Device

mowerbrad
01-10-2013, 05:22 PM
Deere is really trying to become a bigger player in the commercial landscape industry, particularly with their mowers. With the introduction of their 900 series, they really started to get their name out there even more. I know they have several ideas/innovations in the works, now its just a matter of time before we start seeing them on production models. With the introduction of their updated 900 series for the 2013 year, Deere has started to incorporate a few things they never had before and improved upon things they already had. I've been running a Z925A (2010) model since it was first introduced, I absolutely love the mower!!! I always recommend it to people who are looking for a new mower...of course a demo is really needed to determine if it is the best option for you.

This past summer I had the opportunity to run a 2013 Z920M prior to its release to the public. I was very impressed with the machine. It was a little "scaled back" compared to my current 925 (ie, no foot brake pedal). But it was a nice machine. It had the same deck as they already offered so the cut was great. I don't believe that particular one had an EFI engine but it did well on all the accounts I tried it on...hills/slopes, wet grass, long grass, etc. I wasn't able to test it out as much as I would have liked, since we were kind of in a bit of a drought when I had it for a week, so my workload was a bit slower than normal. But I did think it was a nice machine.