PDA

View Full Version : Gopher to Jobber

HPI_Savage25
01-09-2013, 11:29 PM
Ok so I have the "Basic" version of Gopher. I am kind of looking for something a bit different. The problem I have with Gopher is that it is a Database and is set to one computer. If my computer crashes I lose all of that information. Yes I can do back ups and such but that is just more work and even back ups can fail.

I like that Jobber is web based. I like that I can access it with my iphone out in the field.

I like the reports on Gopher a lot more but I could be missing something? I just find that Gopher can run a lot more detailed reports such as finances and income and such. I like how it can break it into graphs with it broken down such as lawn care, pressure washing, mulch installs, pinestraw, etc. Any sight of this coming to Jobber?

I would also like to see expenses and I have talked to Jeff and he said it is coming soon! So far I am in the trail but I do like it. I just need to make sure it is worth the $29/month as it is a lot more expensive that what I am using now.

inzane
01-09-2013, 11:53 PM
only being able to use it on the one computer is the only bad thing about gopher for me, i got a good online backup system in place, but i feel like its still a hassle. I'm stuck with that for a while and i don't mind. I rather this for now, rather then pay a monthly price for something. I ran the demo for jobber for a bit, and it looked neat.. just different.. I like gopher for the chem app records.. that aspect of gopher has been very helpful.. looks like jobber has a plug-in for that now.

$29.00 a month, i dunno.. i think i still rather not have that payment.. lol.

Ok so I have the "Basic" version of Gopher. I am kind of looking for something a bit different. The problem I have with Gopher is that it is a Database and is set to one computer. If my computer crashes I lose all of that information. Yes I can do back ups and such but that is just more work and even back ups can fail.

I like that Jobber is web based. I like that I can access it with my iphone out in the field.

I like the reports on Gopher a lot more but I could be missing something? I just find that Gopher can run a lot more detailed reports such as finances and income and such. I like how it can break it into graphs with it broken down such as lawn care, pressure washing, mulch installs, pinestraw, etc. Any sight of this coming to Jobber?

I would also like to see expenses and I have talked to Jeff and he said it is coming soon! So far I am in the trail but I do like it. I just need to make sure it is worth the $29/month as it is a lot more expensive that what I am using now.

biodale
01-10-2013, 12:02 AM
I went from gopher to jobber. Jobber imported my data from gopher for me at no charge. It made things a lot easier as I have close to 1000 customers. The interface jobber uses is more than adequate and easy to use. I don't miss gohper at all. Most of the things I dislike about jobber is supposed to me fixed in their upcoming releases. The thing I like the most is the great customer support. Many times I request a change and it is released the next day.
The things I don't like about jobber I HATE about jobber. The number 1 thing is you cannot schedule the run sheet. That makes it about useless for scheduling. They do not have a tax report for the different municipalities with different tax rates that I serve. You can only search scheduled jobs not invoices. There are other weaknesses. HOWEVER on the good side is jobber works hard to improve. I suggest going with jobber.

Sensation Man
01-10-2013, 12:07 AM
only being able to use it on the one computer is the only bad thing about gopher for me, i got a good online backup system in place, but i feel like its still a hassle. I'm stuck with that for a while and i don't mind. I rather this for now, rather then pay a monthly price for something. I ran the demo for jobber for a bit, and it looked neat.. just different.. I like gopher for the chem app records.. that aspect of gopher has been very helpful.. looks like jobber has a plug-in for that now.

$29.00 a month, i dunno.. i think i still rather not have that payment.. lol.

I've been on the fence about getting jobber or upgrading my Quickbooks to the online version. Bottom line for is it has to fit my needs and has to be accessable on the go.
Posted via Mobile Device

HPI_Savage25
01-10-2013, 12:11 AM
I went from gopher to jobber. Jobber imported my data from gopher for me at no charge. It made things a lot easier as I have close to 1000 customers. The interface jobber uses is more than adequate and easy to use. I don't miss gohper at all. Most of the things I dislike about jobber is supposed to me fixed in their upcoming releases. The thing I like the most is the great customer support. Many times I request a change and it is released the next day.
The things I don't like about jobber I HATE about jobber. The number 1 thing is you cannot schedule the run sheet. That makes it about useless for scheduling. They do not have a tax report for the different municipalities with different tax rates that I serve. You can only search scheduled jobs not invoices. There are other weaknesses. HOWEVER on the good side is jobber works hard to improve. I suggest going with jobber.

What do you mean "schedule the run sheet" ?
Posted via Mobile Device

Marshman
01-10-2013, 12:59 PM
I just signed up with jobber as well. Scheduling is everything so could you also tell me what you mean. Coming from groundskeeper pro. Wanna be mobile. Never even used quick books. Do you guys that have jobber also use quick books?
Posted via Mobile Device

JFGLN
01-10-2013, 01:29 PM
What do you mean "schedule the run sheet" ?
Posted via Mobile Device

I was also wondering what this means.

biodale
01-10-2013, 08:32 PM
I would like to be able to arrange the run sheet in the order I want the jobs done. In gopher you can do that by arranging the route. Most of the jobs I have I do not know how long it is going to take. (I do a lot of sprinkler repair). I want the run sheet to have the jobs in the order I want so the crew finishes one and goes to the next one I have scheduled to do. But the run sheet prints out in no particular order and there is no way to re-arrange them.

Hope this helps.

JFGLN
01-10-2013, 08:54 PM
I would like to be able to arrange the run sheet in the order I want the jobs done. In gopher you can do that by arranging the route. Most of the jobs I have I do not know how long it is going to take. (I do a lot of sprinkler repair). I want the run sheet to have the jobs in the order I want so the crew finishes one and goes to the next one I have scheduled to do. But the run sheet prints out in no particular order and there is no way to re-arrange them.

Hope this helps.

That seams odd. When you send a crew out for the day you would definitely want the work done in a specific order.

Sensation Man
01-10-2013, 10:31 PM
I was hoping that jobber would allow me to generate the daily rout sheet in the order I want. I don't want the software dictating my rout based solely on geographic location of each job. I've yet to subscribe to jobber or any of those industry specific programs. Still thinking about mabey getting jobber.
Posted via Mobile Device

biodale
01-10-2013, 11:30 PM
If you set the time then the jobs will print in order from earliest in the day to the last. They will be scheduled by time. This will work if you are setting up a mow schedule and you know how long each job will last. However, for snow removal, sprinkler repair, sprinkler blowout I don't know how long each job will take. I schedule each job to last all day. I know it won't take all day. I want the crew to finish the first job and go to the next one. I want them to go to each job in the order I specify.
I think Jobber is working on this, but right now it cannot be done.

merrimacmill
01-11-2013, 09:11 AM
Snow removal is a big time downfall with jobber. Its impossible to schedule snow, so attempting to do it in Jobber simply doesn't work. I think they should have some type of snow management plug in option (since not everyone needs it) for the program. But one that is not designed by a Texan, and actually works. I think they are in BC, they get some snow there I think? They should consult SIMA members as to what layout would work best for snow.

What I'm concerned about with Jobber is rescheduling if there is a rain-day. Would I need to go through and re-schedule the individual start/stop time for every property? Or is there some way I am missing to move one full day's schedule to another day?

JFGLN
01-11-2013, 11:04 AM
What I'm concerned about with Jobber is rescheduling if there is a rain-day. Would I need to go through and re-schedule the individual start/stop time for every property? Or is there some way I am missing to move one full day's schedule to another day?

I didn't see an easy way to postpone/reschedule for rain days and then revert back to your regular schedule.

Sensation Man
01-12-2013, 10:43 PM
Snow removal is a big time downfall with jobber. Its impossible to schedule snow, so attempting to do it in Jobber simply doesn't work. I think they should have some type of snow management plug in option (since not everyone needs it) for the program. But one that is not designed by a Texan, and actually works. I think they are in BC, they get some snow there I think? They should consult SIMA members as to what layout would work best for snow.

I'm hoping jobber will let u schedule your stops for the without assigning a time for each stop. We all know even the weekly lawn maintenance time can fluctuate throughout the season. One of the things I hate about my old method of scheduling the days work in the "week @ a glance" book is that you have to predeturmine the time for each stop.
Posted via Mobile Device