PDA

View Full Version : whats the attachment called that you stand on and hooks up behind a walk behind.

jvgkaty
01-10-2013, 06:25 PM
a dolly? you hook it up to stand on and ride behind a walk behind. thanks

makktruck
01-10-2013, 06:27 PM
Sulky:usflag:

KrayzKajun
01-10-2013, 06:27 PM
Sulky:usflag:

You beat me to it.
Posted via Mobile Device

jvgkaty
01-10-2013, 06:28 PM
o ok. never would guessed that one. thanks

LawnMan19
01-10-2013, 06:29 PM
Sulky, or Velke.

makktruck
01-10-2013, 06:30 PM
No Problem ROLL TIDE

jvgkaty
01-10-2013, 06:31 PM
im looking for one and this dealer is telling me 300.00 that includes attaching it somehow to my mower, which would be custom. that a good price?

jvgkaty
01-10-2013, 06:33 PM
im looking online, why are they so damn expensive? crazy

makktruck
01-10-2013, 06:35 PM
What type of walk behind do you have?

Patriot Services
01-10-2013, 06:36 PM
Because a cheap one will wear quicker than you can imagine. Good wheels and solid welds are what your looking for. Not sure why anything besides a Quick would need a custom install.
Posted via Mobile Device

Darryl G
01-10-2013, 06:41 PM
There's also the choice of single wheel or double wheel, trailering or castering and even one that slides along the ground with no wheels. Your choice depends on a lot of factors including the size and type of machine (i.e. gear/belt drive or hydro drive), your size, weight and shoe size, whether your run on soft turf a lot, whether or not a wheel mark down the middle of your rows will be acceptable.

jvgkaty
01-10-2013, 06:48 PM
worldlawn 33inch. had it since august, runs pretty good. of course its my first mower so i have nothing to compare it to.

jvgkaty
01-10-2013, 06:49 PM
There's also the choice of single wheel or double wheel, trailering or castering and even one that slides along the ground with no wheels. Your choice depends on a lot of factors including the size and type of machine (i.e. gear/belt drive or hydro drive), your size, weight and shoe size, whether your run on soft turf a lot, whether or not a wheel mark down the middle of your rows will be acceptable.

that middle wheel mark is gonna look like the other wheel marks huh? or is it deeper because of my weight? im 6-1 242.

Darryl G
01-10-2013, 06:50 PM
Hmmm...that's on the small side to be pulling a sulky. Not to get too personal, but how much do you weigh? If you're a bigger guy you may be doing burn-outs and have a hard time keeping the front of the mower on the ground.

I see you replied while I was typing my post. Not an ideal situation honestly. If it's a dual wheel usually you won't notice additional wheel marks except on turns, but that's usually no big deal. A single wheel and bigger guys tends to rut and leaves a distinct wheel mark down the middle.

larryinalabama
01-10-2013, 06:50 PM
No Problem ROLL TIDE

ROLL TIDE

I guess there is no standard name. Sulkey, Velky, Step Saver, Chariot, and so on.

Check out the Wheel Cage "Kaddy" a little more $, but they look like they would make life a lot eaiser.

jvgkaty
01-10-2013, 06:57 PM
Hmmm...that's on the small side to be pulling a sulky. Not to get too personal, but how much do you weigh? If you're a bigger guy you may be doing burn-outs and have a hard time keeping the front of the mower on the ground.

I see you replied while I was typing my post. Not an ideal situation honestly. If it's a dual wheel usually you won't notice additional wheel marks except on turns, but that's usually no big deal. A single wheel and bigger guys tends to rut and leaves a distinct wheel mark down the middle.

didnt even think about that, thanks. think ill give the 2 wheel a try. with the 2 wheel you think there will still be problems keeping the front down?

Darryl G
01-10-2013, 07:01 PM
Yeah...you can weight the front though. It' will mostly be a problem when starting off from a stop and going up slopes.

jvgkaty
01-10-2013, 07:06 PM
thanks everybody.

Darryl G
01-10-2013, 07:09 PM
You can always get off and step to the side when making turns that may make your wheels spins or in situations that will cause you to wheelie and then jump back on once the machine is under way.

jvgkaty
01-10-2013, 07:20 PM
with the 2 wheel does it make wider turns than the mower or will i stay in the same path?

Patriot Services
01-10-2013, 07:40 PM
The trailering type won't. If the front mount is low enough you won't pop wheelies. The mouting plate usually has several holes to allow this.
Posted via Mobile Device

Groomer
01-10-2013, 09:40 PM
It's called a lazy. JUST KIDDIN' EVERYONE! (I just don't use 'em.)

orangemower
01-11-2013, 09:27 AM
worldlawn 33inch. had it since august, runs pretty good. of course its my first mower so i have nothing to compare it to.

You have a cheap toy for a mower. I would keep walking until you can get a "real" mower.

Darryl G
01-11-2013, 09:53 AM
It's called a lazy. JUST KIDDIN' EVERYONE! (I just don't use 'em.)
I think my walk behind mower would have a heart attack from the shock of it if I ever walked behind it, lol.

Groomer
01-11-2013, 10:36 AM
I think my walk behind mower would have a heart attack from the shock of it if I ever walked behind it, lol.

Dang Darryl, I guess you are a "stand up" guy!

Darryl G
01-11-2013, 10:56 AM
I will walk behind it if I'm using my JRCO tine rake dethather, but generally if I'm mowing I'm riding. Yeah, I'll step off for a couple of slopes I have but I don't have slopes like you do. I use a convertible Bullrider sulky that I run in caster mode all of the time. I don't like it in trailering mode. I think the newer Bullriders are castering only. My walk behind is a hydro drive Turf Tracer HP 48.

Patriot Services
01-11-2013, 01:45 PM
That mower ranks right up there with the cub cadet and troybilt versions. You can mount a sulky to it but the sheet metal is thin and will have to reinforced. The trannys are weak and will not likely hold up for long.
Posted via Mobile Device

makktruck
01-11-2013, 11:10 PM
Keep in mind that if your mower is a belt drive the belts will start to wear and tear faster(with the sulky) than when you walk behind it.