PDA

View Full Version : Open Trailers are Better Than Enclosed

Turf Tracer
01-11-2013, 12:31 AM
Ok so this is my second year running an open trailer after several using enclosed.

Definitely never buy another enclosed.

Too many benefits to open.

The only things I miss about enclosed are better security and more ad space.

Kinda feel sorry for the guys hauling enclosed now.:sleeping:

Above Par Lawns
01-11-2013, 12:35 AM
I have an open trailer and kind of wish it were an enclosed! To each his own I guess.

Brucelawns
01-11-2013, 01:06 AM
Haha. You feel sorry for guys that use enclosed trailers? Too Funny. Enclosed trailers help you look more professional or shall I say, distinguished. Seriously, it really doesn't matter that much. To each it's own.

Brucelawns
01-11-2013, 01:08 AM
Above Par guy, didn't mean to steal your line. My bad yoh!

HPI_Savage25
01-11-2013, 01:24 AM
Man I used an open trailer for about 5 years and couldn't wait to get a enclosed trailer. I love the fact that it stays out of the weather, I don't have to unload it at the end of the day or load it up in the morning. Plus it's nice security also. I love the enclosed and just use the dump for hauling debris
Posted via Mobile Device

ashgrove landscaping
01-11-2013, 01:29 AM
I dont know how the guys fuel up with those enclosed.... Or run around with a motor home in the back.. That would drive me crazy. I get the idea but would slow me down about 2 hours out of the day for sure. Closterphobia all over the place.. I'm out in country so security is a non issue and i put my stuff in the barn every night, they like it in there haha. Open and free for me!

HPI_Savage25
01-11-2013, 01:35 AM
Fueling up is easy. When I know I'm going to get gas I put the fuel cans in the bed of the truck. My mower only has about a 4 gallon tank so it's not huge and the rest is mixed.
Posted via Mobile Device

ashgrove landscaping
01-11-2013, 01:50 AM
Fueling up is easy. When I know I'm going to get gas I put the fuel cans in the bed of the truck. My mower only has about a 4 gallon tank so it's not huge and the rest is mixed.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well that doesn't make any sense to me. I got 24 gallons of gas to fill(2 Z's) and then the mix fuel which I have right by the hitch area. I don't deal with cans an at

HPI_Savage25
01-11-2013, 01:55 AM
I've been looking at getting a new Z and it has a 12 gal tank. If I go that route I'm getting the fuel cell to go in the trailer or my truck. To each their own.
Posted via Mobile Device

Turf Tracer
01-11-2013, 02:25 AM
Yea...fueling and equipment access and keeping stuff clean from airflow when driving are three that save me countless hrs.

Freedom from the Box!:walking:

wegomow
01-11-2013, 08:35 AM
My first year in biz and I have an open. Maybe I suffer from, "the grass is always greener" syndrome but I would like to move to the enclosed for security reasons. The pro open guys make some good points for keeping "it in the open".

clydebusa
01-11-2013, 08:39 AM
Ok so this is my second year running an open trailer after several using enclosed.

I feel sorry for the company that only has one trailer.:laugh:

Turf Tracer
01-11-2013, 10:43 AM
My first year in biz and I have an open. Maybe I suffer from, "the grass is always greener" syndrome but I would like to move to the enclosed for security reasons. The pro open guys make some good points for keeping "it in the open".

Yea...it was nice to be able to park it at Home Depot or in my drive and not worry as much about stuff getting stolen..but I keep the trailer indoors now.

Fuelling and trimmer/blower/sprayer/hand tool access are just so much better with the open..

Don't box me in!:walking:

williams lcm
01-11-2013, 05:18 PM
I don't know about you. I drink alot of coffee and piss like crazy. I love my built in bathroom in my enclosed trailer. I dont have to hurry to a gas station or jump in my customer back woods to piss.

Jason Rose
01-11-2013, 07:08 PM
There's definately pros and cons to each. No one can say one is really superior to the other. I've only used open trailers in my 15+ years though I still want an enclosed just for the cover for the machines not in use, place to pee, and "security" though that's not a huge issue where I'm at either. The cons I see are accessing things, grabbing a trimmer or edger can be harder since you have to open a door and possibly squeeze past a mower or climb over one to get to them. Fueling would be more difficult obviously, but ordering a trailer with a drivers side door or a fuel door is an option. They are considerably more expensive, double the price at least and tripple to get one with the added doors and better framing, vents, etc. Height is an issue for me, being 6'4" tall, though you can order them taller than standard as well. Weight is also a factor, they are heavier than an open trailer, and you may have to step up to a heavier axle, which then could put you over on your weight maximum into CDL range.

Open trailers it's easy to access anything from about anywhere around the perimeter of the trailer. Trimmer/blower racks face outward and are accessed from the outside of the trailer. Cheaper. Easily modified or repaired generally if you can weld and fabricate. Tool boxes can be added for storage and gas cans and mower fuel tanks can be easily accessed. Can be backed into most garage doors (height wise). Lighter and easier on the truck. Cons are having everything out on the open, easier for someone to steal something unless you use a lot of locks and cables to secure things. When it rains everything you own gets drenched. The sun also is beating on everything all day every day weather it's getting used or not. Better find a bush to pee behind...

Hence why I've yet to make the jump to an enclosed. It's about a $10,000 investment and I really fear having buyers remourse because of the cons I listed. There's quite a few guys locally that use them though and I think they get along with them ok.
Posted via Mobile Device

zak406
01-13-2013, 04:36 AM
To the guy who said fueling would take to much time, covering your trailer with a tarp and or taking your equipment off at the end of the day would be much more time spent. My next trailer will be in enclosed.

wegomow
01-13-2013, 08:53 AM
I could have used and enclosed Friday afternoon, got caught by a surprise rain shower.

orangemower
01-13-2013, 09:13 AM
I could have used and enclosed Friday afternoon, got caught by a surprise rain shower.

Tell me you didn't buy those mowers that are made of sugar? Those things melt away to nothing in no time.

Turf Tracer
01-13-2013, 11:44 AM
Rain won't hurt mowers.

Being in the open air keeps the equipment cleaner.

Don't Box Me In!:walking:

MOturkey
01-13-2013, 11:47 AM
Just like anything, there is no "worst or best", it depends on your individual needs and preferences. To my knowledge, not a single person in this immediate area that has a mowing/maintenance business has an enclosed trailer. We are in a low crime area, and unlike an urban environment, parking space is not an issue for most guys, so open trailers work well.

Now, if you work in the "hood", and have to store your equipment away from your home in an unsecure or semi-secure area, I can certainly see the benefits of owning an enclosed trailer.

KrayzKajun
01-13-2013, 12:02 PM

Bingo. Ive got an 18' enclosed, 16' open, 18' dump trailer, 25' deckover gooseneck. All of them have their own purpose.
Posted via Mobile Device

hackitdown
01-13-2013, 12:16 PM
I like open trailers. I think they are the most productive since the equipment is already outside. Just grab the gas, trimmer or blower off the rack...no walking inside a trailer then back out. We mow 4 days per week, and leave the mowers on the trailer for 3 nights in between. They go in the garage the other 4 nights. And they go inside if it rains. The handhelds go inside every night. Open trailers are cheaper to buy, simple to maintain. I can dump materials on them, I can load pallets of stuff, or large b&b shrubs and trees on them with a forklift at the supplier. One of mine was even used as a parade float once.

Security is the biggest negative. Having those trimmers and blowers on display for thieves is not good.

Chris Feenan
01-13-2013, 12:41 PM
I like the Pro look of an enclosed with good signage. But I do a lot of Spring cleanups in between my mowing jobs. I have 2-5 yds of mulch on my open trailers for several months while the cleanuips are getting done. Obviously, with an enclosed, you can't have bulk mulch dumped on the trailer. How do you do cleanups ? Deliveries ?

Paying to have mulch delivered has four huge disadvantages.
1) Too little ? Too much ? PITA ! I use only what is needed, always have enough.
2) Dirty street that needs to be cleaned up after the cleanup.
3) Delivery costs.
4) Too many scheduling demands - gotta be at a specific job at a specific time because the mulch is coming, regardless of any complications that arise along the way

Brucelawns
01-13-2013, 12:46 PM
Rain will hurt your mowers or machines especially after it just ran or is running. $10000 sounds like alot for an enclosed trailer. Bought my last one for $4500 double axle with tax and pickup. Cargomate. I'm 6'5" and I have to barely bend over when I walk into it and can stand inside without bending over. Probably have another half a foot clearance inside. I live in Chicago and it would make no sense for me to drive around broadcasting to all the shmucks. If we are all in the backyard doing a job I don't have to worry about some idiot running away with something. Lost a one yr old redmax 7100 blower last yr because we left it in the bed of the truck and we were all in the backyard for only 2 min. He gone! Gas it up? Take out the mower from the trailer and gas up the mower. It's sooo difficult:) Also, enclosed trailers are like driving advertisment mobiles. If you do it right. I see alot more dumpy open trailers and some nice open ones. The guys that live in the sticks can get away with open dirty(laugh its a Joke) trailers.

Brucelawns
01-13-2013, 12:53 PM
2 to 5 yds of mulch can fit in the bed of your truck if you have a f350 dump. No problem. Where do your machines go for the cleanup? Open trailers have it's purpose. No doubt.

Jimslawncareservice
01-13-2013, 01:09 PM
I have a 20' enclosed a 18' open and a 12' open. I use the enclosed in the summer. The open in the spring and fall and also in the winter to haul mowers with blowers around. I myself would never want an open to mow with all day everyday. It keeps the seat cooler, less problems with hand helds, a place to take a leak and hide when a rain or hail storm pops up. Happens every year. No one used to use enclosed trailers around me. Since I've had mine in 07 I see more and more. But it a preference really. Just like trucks and mower brands.
Posted via Mobile Device

jrs.landscaping
01-13-2013, 01:29 PM
I'd love to have an enclosed trailer, even for 2-3 days a week during mowing season and then for fall cleanups. Put everything in the trailer and not have to worry about it until the end of the season. Our equipment would still be loaded and unloaded to dump/refuel but that will happen no matter what trailer they are on.

THORNTON SERVICES LLC
01-13-2013, 01:51 PM
I have both types of trailers , in my opinion if you were only going to have one trailer you have to go with a open trailer , you need this for mulch , brush , landscaping stuff , but for just mowing I love my enclosed trailer , the combi attachments do not get wet and rust up , chainsaws stuff like that , and you just put all your stuff in there and its like a mobile office , vs. the open trailer we spent so much time loading , unloading stuff and never fails we would get somewhere and need something we forgot like a trash can etc , a well organized enclosed trailer will save you a ton of time and make your life alot easier and equipment will last longer. refueling is the biggest down side to the enclosed trailer , How do you guys that have enclosed trailers do your refueling? I have 8 5 gal can and go weekly to refill in truck and top off mowers every evening , but this sucks when you are tired and all the help has bolted.

Jimslawncareservice
01-13-2013, 02:07 PM
I have both types of trailers , in my opinion if you were only going to have one trailer you have to go with a open trailer , you need this for mulch , brush , landscaping stuff , but for just mowing I love my enclosed trailer , the combi attachments do not get wet and rust up , chainsaws stuff like that , and you just put all your stuff in there and its like a mobile office , vs. the open trailer we spent so much time loading , unloading stuff and never fails we would get somewhere and need something we forgot like a trash can etc , a well organized enclosed trailer will save you a ton of time and make your life alot easier and equipment will last longer. refueling is the biggest down side to the enclosed trailer , How do you guys that have enclosed trailers do your refueling? I have 8 5 gal can and go weekly to refill in truck and top off mowers every evening , but this sucks when you are tired and all the help has bolted.

You could always have a dump or a dump insert if you have a regular pick up.
Posted via Mobile Device

4 seasons lawn&land
01-13-2013, 02:08 PM
I had enclosed for a year. PITA. Back to open now

hi_speedreed
01-14-2013, 01:07 AM

if you feel sorry for him for only having one trailer, you'll really feel bad when you take a look at the picture of the rig he just posted in another thread
Posted via Mobile Device

Chris Feenan
01-14-2013, 01:47 AM
2 to 5 yds of mulch can fit in the bed of your truck if you have a f350 dump

I think an F350 dump is overkill if all your haulin is mowers and mulch, isn't it? Gas efficiency matters more these days to me.

I can fit a 52" Scag, a trim mower, and 2 or 3 yds of mulch easily if I have to. But if we are doing cleanups, we probably aren't cutting.

An enclosed is just too limited for me. I wish it wasn't, they look great.

B&B trees in an enclosed ? I guess you could, but you'd look pretty silly.

jrs.landscaping
01-14-2013, 08:00 AM
I think an F350 dump is overkill if all your haulin is mowers and mulch, isn't it? Gas efficiency matters more these days to me.

I can fit a 52" Scag, a trim mower, and 2 or 3 yds of mulch easily if I have to. But if we are doing cleanups, we probably aren't cutting.

An enclosed is just too limited for me. I wish it wasn't, they look great.

B&B trees in an enclosed ? I guess you could, but you'd look pretty silly.

It depends on how much mulch and how many mowers. We usually bring mowers doing mulch because we pick up any leaves that may have fallen over the winter and mow if needed as part of our Spring cleanup.

Richard Martin
01-14-2013, 04:25 PM
Well that doesn't make any sense to me. I got 24 gallons of gas to fill(2 Z's) and then the mix fuel which I have right by the hitch area. I don't deal with cans an at

For real. I only have 1 ZTR and I dread going to the gas station every 2 weeks. Fill up the mower (10 gals) and two 5 gallon cans. Plus the 36" mower and the 21" mower. Plus the 2 stroke stuff. Did I mention the twin fuel tanks on the truck? :laugh:

JimLewis
01-15-2013, 01:26 AM
We used enclosed trailers on all of our crews for about 15 years. Just switched over to enclosed a little over two years ago and I'd never go back.

There were two main reasons. First, they are WAY more secure. On the jobsite and at your shop. Now if you're a Solo Op and only have one trailer and are keeping it near your home, it's probably secure. But if you have several crews, I can almost guarantee you stuff will get stolen out of them eventually - I don't care how secure you think your shop is. When it happens the first time you'll be pissed but think it's a fluke. When it happens a year later you'll be like, "WTF! I thought we took measures to prevent this?!" When it happens a third time, despite all your efforts to secure them, then you'll want an enclosed one.

Since we've gone to enclosed about two and a half years ago (and because we hold the crew leader strictly accountable to keep it locked) we haven't had one item stolen during that time.

Second reason is the advertising my enclosed trailers (http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=262841&stc=1&d=1357110514) offer me. It's like a huge billboard rolling around town and sitting in high end neighborhoods all day. And now we have 5 of them going around town any given day. IMO, if you're trying to grow a large business, name recognition is critical. So since that's our goal, the trailers help us meet that goal in a big way. Our name recognition has gone up like crazy since we got these trailers.

I would never go back to open.

Aaronnc
01-15-2013, 05:58 AM

where do you park your equipment? Your parents?

orangemower
01-15-2013, 09:42 AM
It depends on how much mulch and how many mowers. We usually bring mowers doing mulch because we pick up any leaves that may have fallen over the winter and mow if needed as part of our Spring cleanup.

So your spring clean ups include mulching the flowerbeds too?

jrs.landscaping
01-15-2013, 09:53 AM
Yes we put down bark mulch during our Spring cleanups to limit the amount of trips to a property.

THORNTON SERVICES LLC
01-15-2013, 02:13 PM
You could always have a dump or a dump insert if you have a regular pick up.
Posted via Mobile Device

no many of our accounts get alot of mulch , and sometimes we need equipment to do the landscaping , also its so much easier to unload the mulch with a pitch fork and wheel barrow out of a trailer with a gate than to deal with a truck , alot of times we use a small kubotoa 2320 tractor with front end loader to unload the mulch and get it where it needs to go etc , the truck thing will probally only work for small jobs. We do the landscaping seperate from the mowing also never at the same time unless its like weeding a small mulch bed or something small , we have done real small projects on the lawn care route but I just throw a few bags of mulch in the trailer or truck for that. How are you guys that run enclosed trailers refueling your equipment?

JimLewis
01-15-2013, 02:41 PM
How are you guys that run enclosed trailers refueling your equipment?

What do you mean by that? We re-fuel the same as we ever did. Gas cans. Is there a reason it would be different for enclosed trailers? We use a 5 gal. gas can for our mowers and a small 2 gal. for our blowers, trimmers, etc. Those two cans fit easily into the trailer.

JimLewis
01-15-2013, 03:00 PM
and sometimes we need equipment to do the landscaping ....... alot of times we use a small kubotoa 2320 tractor with front end loader to unload the mulch and get it where it needs to go etc , the truck thing will probally only work for small jobs. We do the landscaping seperate from the mowing also never at the same time .......

So if I am reading this correctly, you're trying to use the same trailer that you use for your daily mowing route for when you do landscaping projects as well? I think that's part of the problem. Maybe you're not doing enough landscaping to justify it, I don't know. But most companies would have two different trailers. One for the daily mowing operations and another for landscaping jobs.

We have it set up so that all of our maintenance accounts have enclosed trailers that just contain their mowers, trimmers, blowers, etc. and our landscape construction crews have big dual-axle trailers that are used for that kind of work. So if we need something to haul a Bobcat or something heavy, we use that trailer.

I guess if you're trying to do it all with one trailer, than yah - open trailers is the way to go. But if you can, it's better to have separate trailers for separate jobs/crews. IMO, enclosed trailers are best for maintenance and open dual-axle trailers are best for construction crews.

Richard Martin
01-15-2013, 03:05 PM
What do you mean by that? We re-fuel the same as we ever did. Gas cans. :laugh:

Some people use the radical concept of putting the fuel directly in the mower, thereby eliminating the gas can step. :laugh:

JimLewis
01-15-2013, 03:27 PM
Some people use the radical concept of putting the fuel directly in the mower, thereby eliminating the gas can step. :laugh:

I don't know that this is radical. Just a different set up. If you got big mowers and you can pull up to a gas station and fuel them up enough that they last all day long, awesome. More power to you. We're running smaller mowers and we're mowing 16-22 lawns a day with them. So we have to refuel them a couple times a day, usually. And since we don't want to have to stop by gas stations several times a day (we typically stop once every 2 days) then we use gas cans.

I guess this issue of trailers is just like a lot of threads here on Lawnsite: there is no one solution or way to do it that works for everyone. What works perfectly for some situations may not work at all for others. We're all in different areas, doing a different number of lawns every day, using different size equipment, some of us haul clippings away, others mulch, each of our needs are different. So this thread is like most others in that way, I guess. YMMV.

jrs.landscaping
01-15-2013, 03:48 PM
no many of our accounts get alot of mulch , and sometimes we need equipment to do the landscaping , also its so much easier to unload the mulch with a pitch fork and wheel barrow out of a trailer with a gate than to deal with a truck , alot of times we use a small kubotoa 2320 tractor with front end loader to unload the mulch and get it where it needs to go etc , the truck thing will probally only work for small jobs. We do the landscaping seperate from the mowing also never at the same time unless its like weeding a small mulch bed or something small , we have done real small projects on the lawn care route but I just throw a few bags of mulch in the trailer or truck for that. How are you guys that run enclosed trailers refueling your equipment?

We do 300+ yards out of the back of a truck. I can't see how a dump trailer would be easier if you are unloading with a machine, also, how do you transport the machine with the trailer being filled with mulch? I agree with Jim, different areas and different set ups dictate the equipment being used.

Chris Feenan
01-15-2013, 04:12 PM
I can't see how a dump trailer would be easier if you are unloading with a machine

I think you misunderstood him. He said

its so much easier to unload the mulch with a pitch fork and wheel barrow out of a trailer with a gate than to deal with a truck

I agree. There is no easier way get mulch to a cleanup than on an open trailer with a gate. Roll the wheelbarrows up, large scoop shovel off a smooth, flat surface, back out and go. Two laborers can move 5 yds to exactly where it needs to go in 1 hour.

I have a friend that uses a Masons dump. He dumps it on the street because he can. He thinks this is somehow speeding him up. Then he shovels it off the street the same way that we do off of our open trailers. But, if we have extra, we don't use it. if he has extra, he either donates it to the homeowner, or shovels it back on his dump. Then he cleans the street.Why ? We are long gone by then, and he paid a heck of a lot more in gas to drive his dump around all day, plus insurance, maintenance, etc.

jrs.landscaping
01-15-2013, 04:16 PM

I don't think I misunderstood anything.

Chris Feenan
01-15-2013, 05:36 PM
I can't see how a dump trailer would be easier if you are unloading with a machine,

He wasn't talking about using a dump trailer.

jrs.landscaping
01-15-2013, 05:50 PM
He wasn't talking about using a dump trailer.

:hammerhead: I did assume he was talking about dumping mulch on a dump trailer and not a utility trailer, (no one around here does that.) Also your buddy should back his truck as close to the beds as he can and shovel the material from the back of the truck instead of dumping at the furthest point (the street) and wheeling from there.

Chris Feenan
01-15-2013, 06:02 PM
Are you serious?

jrs.landscaping
01-15-2013, 06:14 PM
Are you serious?

If you mean mulch on utility trailers yes. I have seen it done once by a guy pulling it with a 1/2 ton pickup. Well he wasn't really pulling it, it was sitting in front of one of our commercial accounts after the axle let go. People expect properties to be bagged around me so everyone has a dump truck or a slide in dumper.

Chris Feenan
01-15-2013, 07:03 PM
He's not my buddy JR. Never met the guy. But I did read what he had to say before telling him how to do his job !

He doesn't use a truck for mulch, so he can't "back it up to the beds".

He doesn't use a dump or dump trailer either.

And he wrote that he has enclosed, and open trailers. Before someone told him that his problem was that he only has one kind of trailer.

I'm sure there are lots of guys near you that have great success doing spring cleanups and mowing with landscape trailers. The guy with the broken axle was the one you saw. The rest of us are flyin' around so fast you can't see us !

So you guys in Maine back up on the customers lawn ? And then shovel off a dump ?

jrs.landscaping
01-15-2013, 08:22 PM
He's not my buddy JR. Never met the guy. But I did read what he had to say before telling him how to do his job !

He doesn't use a truck for mulch, so he can't "back it up to the beds".

He doesn't use a dump or dump trailer either.

And he wrote that he has enclosed, and open trailers. Before someone told him that his problem was that he only has one kind of trailer.

I'm sure there are lots of guys near you that have great success doing spring cleanups and mowing with landscape trailers. The guy with the broken axle was the one you saw. The rest of us are flyin' around so fast you can't see us !

So you guys in Maine back up on the customers lawn ? And then shovel off a dump ?

I never told him it was a problem to only have one type of trailer. Most of our mulch is on commercial properties and is usually close to the parking lot. For areas away from the parking lot we either use our MTL or wheel it from the truck.

I have a friend that uses a Masons dump. He dumps it on the street because he can. He thinks this is somehow speeding him up. Then he shovels it off the street the same way that we do off of our open trailers. But, if we have extra, we don't use it. if he has extra, he either donates it to the homeowner, or shovels it back on his dump. Then he cleans the street.Why ? We are long gone by then, and he paid a heck of a lot more in gas to drive his dump around all day, plus insurance, maintenance, etc.

This was the "buddy" I was referring to ;)

herler
01-15-2013, 11:27 PM
Well I feel kinda bad for all the guys with them big bad trucks and multiple trailer set ups as they must have to work awful hard or drive their crew like slave masters just to cover that kind of overhead, so if you worry about my one trailer I'll have to think about this while I fatten up my belly, makes me feel kinda bad just sitting around thinking about the guys who are having to work this winter.

THORNTON SERVICES LLC
01-16-2013, 10:18 AM
So if I am reading this correctly, you're trying to use the same trailer that you use for your daily mowing route for when you do landscaping projects as well? I think that's part of the problem. Maybe you're not doing enough landscaping to justify it, I don't know. But most companies would have two different trailers. One for the daily mowing operations and another for landscaping jobs.

We have it set up so that all of our maintenance accounts have enclosed trailers that just contain their mowers, trimmers, blowers, etc. and our landscape construction crews have big dual-axle trailers that are used for that kind of work. So if we need something to haul a Bobcat or something heavy, we use that trailer.

I guess if you're trying to do it all with one trailer, than yah - open trailers is the way to go. But if you can, it's better to have separate trailers for separate jobs/crews. IMO, enclosed trailers are best for maintenance and open dual-axle trailers are best for construction crews.

No this is how I do it we have a a couple open trailers for the landscaping and a enclosed trailer for my mowing stuff . pritty much the same way you mentioned it. It would be nice though to be able to do the landscaping all on the same setup.

THORNTON SERVICES LLC
01-16-2013, 10:27 AM
to clarify if i use the tractor we take 2 trucks and trailers the one the tractor comes off is the one all the edgings and debree go on and once we unload the mulch the tractor gets hauled away on the trailer that had the mulch on it , we only do this on big jobs , other times we just use a trailer and wheelborrow and pull one set up. didn't mean to confuse any one. Oh the tractor is more like a large lawn mower its not very big just has a front end loader on it so you can drive it in the grass without damage. Thanks for the feedback from you guys apreciate all your opinions.

Jimslawncareservice
01-16-2013, 11:15 AM
It's funny how people can debate on such opinionated subjects. It's like saying blondes are better than brunettes. Or one beer is better than the other. Same with a lot of stuff. What works best for one doesn't work for the next. Each has its pros and cons. Just have to figure out what weighs out best for each individual.
Posted via Mobile Device

JimLewis
01-16-2013, 12:33 PM
Well, I'm confused what we're even debating at this point. I've listed my opinions on trailers and that's all I really chimed in to do. So at this point I'm checking out of this crazy thread.

jrs.landscaping
01-17-2013, 05:51 AM
to clarify if i use the tractor we take 2 trucks and trailers the one the tractor comes off is the one all the edgings and debree go on and once we unload the mulch the tractor gets hauled away on the trailer that had the mulch on it , we only do this on big jobs , other times we just use a trailer and wheelborrow and pull one set up. didn't mean to confuse any one. Oh the tractor is more like a large lawn mower its not very big just has a front end loader on it so you can drive it in the grass without damage. Thanks for the feedback from you guys apreciate all your opinions.

That makes sense. I did misinterpret some of your post, so I asked the question about how you used the tractor and someone else got snippy for no reason. I didn't mean to offend anyone, just asking questions :drinkup: