PDA

View Full Version : Fyi

Steve Atkinson
01-11-2013, 11:23 AM
Looks like California Landscape Lighting is out of business.

One of my contacts said they were closed for the holidays, never re-opened. Website is gone. Phone disconnected.

Sad to see another good distributor and supporter of the industry gone.

Classic Lighting
01-11-2013, 02:45 PM
Wow, didn't see that one coming.
Posted via Mobile Device

S&MLL
01-11-2013, 03:09 PM
Lets stop the race to the bottom and maybe guys can stay open. But sending out postcards for 10 dollar uplights probably didnt help them much

starry night
01-11-2013, 09:57 PM
I never did any business with them but I started receiving their monthly email newsletters several month ago. During that time, it seems they were always promoting cheap stuff although I'm aware they had better products available.
Apparently, they were taking their last gasps.

LLC RI
01-13-2013, 08:50 PM
I have been a customer of CLL for over 20 years. This past year, pretty much everything I bought through them, I had to prepay, despite having a line of credit/ commercial account with them. They told me that they were trying to work their way out of a jam, and for now, it would be no terms until things got better. From the sounds of it, I take it that they didn't get better.

In past years, I would take a trip out there and go to their Superbowl of Lighting. THey were a good group, dedicated to their industry -- I wish them well.

George

NightScenes
01-16-2013, 01:32 PM
Yeah, they were a very good group. In the past year it was hard to get meterials in a timely manner so I pretty much stopped ordering from them. There are still some great distributors out there like Terradek and FOLD who ship nationally.