PDA

View Full Version : remote aircleaner

captken
02-02-2003, 04:14 AM
I want to know if the remote air cleaner for the hustler z makes the intake more restrictive? Does the carb have to be rejetted on the 2002 model in the retrofit? I am planning on having the dealer preform the retrofit. Can you guys at hustler provide me with an owner's manual? My z pulls to one side at full throttle. I want to know about owner adjustments and maintence.
I tried and tried to get the blades off. Factory tightened. Do I need an airwrench?
All that aside this machine is a absolute pleasure to use. I have had no experience with a z mower and backing off my trailer for the first time knotted my stomach. That didn't last long. I mowed a baseball field to learn how to use it. It is a confidence inspiring tool. It is ergonomicly friendly and a pleasure to learn to use. This machine is a bottle rocket. The increased productivity this mower will offer me is hard to calculate since it's too early in the year [winter] but I am impressed.
The quality of this thing [engine compartment and foot plate raised] impressed me.
What is the towing capacity for this machine? Where can I get a hitch plate that bolts to the pre drilled frame holes.

mowerconsultant
02-02-2003, 09:53 PM
Depending on the model of your mower, you may need to re-jet or replace your carb when you install the remote filter kit, this was only with the 23hp units though.
If you have a 25hp you dont need to worry about it.
What model mower do you have ?
As far as your owners manual goes, your dealer should of gave one to you when you bought your mower, if not get one from him, it will detail how to adjust the tracking.
Your blades were put on and torqued at the factory, you may need a breaker bar to remove the bolt, or a air wrench will take care of it.
Have fun with your mower, and if you need anything else let me know

Later
Pj

captken
02-02-2003, 10:45 PM
PJ, The mower is a hustler z model 926345.
I want to add a signboard to my trailer, to highlight the gear I use. Does Hustler Turf have a small sign? How about caps and t-shirts? Bumper stickers?

mowerconsultant
02-03-2003, 12:13 AM
Ok,
You have a 23hp 52" unit, have your dealer check your engine serial # and see if you need a new carb or if you just need to re-jet your current one when they install the kit.
The kit will be ordered for your particular model, and will have all the pieces needed.

Yes we do have hats, t-shirts and jackets, we also have signs posters all the goodies.
No bumper stickers though.....lol :)
Your dealer can order anything you want.

Later
Pj

stevo22
02-04-2003, 06:12 AM
what about pulling with the z/super z..can it be done within limits of course..

mowerconsultant
02-04-2003, 07:18 AM
Yes, towing with the unit would not be a problem.
I would not try towing a boat around or anything that big, but a sprayer, aerator or cart would be fine.........

Later
Pj

mowerconsultant
02-04-2003, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by captken
Where can I get a hitch plate that bolts to the pre drilled frame holes.

Your dealer has them or can order them for you.
Part # 357897 MSRP is $26.00

Later
Pj

captken
02-09-2003, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the imput...got in touch with Ron @ midsouth sweeper in Memphis. He is a super guy, ready to help and to advise his customers. They are having an open house I believe on the 19th and I look foward to testing a Hustler wb.
My retrokit breather should be in this week.

My next question concerns installing headlights. Is there a recommended setup available?

mowerconsultant
02-10-2003, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by captken
My next question concerns installing headlights. Is there a recommended setup available?

We do not have any recommended setup.
I would make sure you wire it to a ignition on circuit, so it will only work if the mower is running, also make sure you fuse the power wire, just in case.

Later
Pj

P&J Lawncare
02-10-2003, 02:30 AM
I run pilot fog lights mouted to the front of the mower, it works excellent.

captken
02-12-2003, 01:48 AM
To P & J: How do you mount them?
To the top of the castor frame rails? I have a set of Hella fog lights. Probably way too much electrical draw, however motorcycles do use halogen headlights.
What do you think? Could you post a photo of your setup?

What type of light is a Pilot?

thanks, kenny.

captken
02-14-2003, 03:36 AM
Ok, bad idea to mount lights on castor frame rails.
I took the z into midsouth sweeper to get remote air cleaner installed. Saw bunton z there with a rectangular light mounted flush in the front panel ahead of footplate. Doesn't look like much of a light...
Found the Pilot web site. High output, small size.
In your opinion, where is the best place to mount?

P&J Lawncare
02-15-2003, 12:09 AM
I mounted them on the front panel just like the bunton you saw, I don't have a digital camera yet so I can't post any pictures. The pilot lights are small and they put out a lot of light.