PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid 4 engine ?

action1
01-12-2013, 12:20 AM
Anyone using Shindiawa equipment with the hybrid 4 engine? What do you think? There is a graph On their web sight that said it is better but, they all say that.
Posted via Mobile Device

lawnboy dan
01-12-2013, 09:40 AM
run dont walk! mine lasted only one season. even when they ran the warm up wait was a pain

BeachysLawn
01-12-2013, 09:43 AM
Never tried it, but my dealer has one hanging on the wall and told me it was a piece of junk

arl250
01-12-2013, 10:15 AM
Are they that bad ive been wanting to try it out... I mean everyone says the stihl4-mix is junk too but I have yet to have a problem
Posted via Mobile Device

stonny9
08-11-2013, 09:59 PM
Reviving an old thread. Thinking about getting one for the upcoming season sale otherwise I am gonna stick with a regular two stroke. Deciding between these three because of the sale EB854RT, EB802RT, or EB633RT. Before sale gonna get an Echo cause dealer is a lot closer if I needed anything.

EB633RT was my first choice but threw in the 802 after I considered the 854.

jkilov
08-12-2013, 04:45 PM
I have 3 pieces of C4/H4 equipment and they all run. Oldest one is an 07 (I believe) trimmer that's used every day.

If you want a good blower the 802 is the unit to have.

CowboysLawnCareDelaware
08-12-2013, 11:38 PM
I have the 633 blower and the T254 trimmer. The 633 is the Echo 755, the trimmer does take a bit to warm up. It's good for all of the normal trimming and edging, bogs down almost as much as my Echo 230 in the tall grass.

I have only owned my Shindaiwa since the beginning of the season. Also, Echo uses a different oil for the Shindaiwa products.

Michael

stonny9
08-13-2013, 10:07 PM
Just got the EB854RT Blower. You can barely hear it idle. Fuel tank is huge. Dealer said no break-in period but gonna stick to the eco throttle accept when needed and probably take off one tube extension accept when doing a big area.

jkilov
08-16-2013, 04:25 PM
Keep in mind what you bought has a somewhat complicated engine.

To elaborate, my EB8520 has:
- a cam belt that needs to be checked for wear every now and then
- valves to adjust
- reed valves that need replacement every 1000 hrs or so (engine feels lazy)
- an engine block that needs to seal 100% for the thing to work.

You probably won't like the way it starts in the morning.

That said I like the thing, blows like mad and 75 min on a tank of gas.

stonny9
08-16-2013, 09:52 PM
Keep in mind what you bought has a somewhat complicated engine.

To elaborate, my EB8520 has:
- a cam belt that needs to be checked for wear every now and then
- valves to adjust
- reed valves that need replacement every 1000 hrs or so (engine feels lazy)
- an engine block that needs to seal 100% for the thing to work.

You probably won't like the way it starts in the morning.

That said I like the thing, blows like mad and 75 min on a tank of gas.

I have used the 854 three times so far. It has fired up on the first pull every time and runs great cold and warm.

joed
08-16-2013, 10:08 PM
I had the eb854 a few years ago. It was alright but I found it hard to start, especially when it was cold in the morning. It wasn't that much more powerful than my other blowers too. I ended up selling it and getting a Redmax 8500 instead. I like that blower a lot more. If you want to go with Shindaiwa, stick to the 802. It's easier to maintain and fix if you ever need to. The 854 might be quieter and might consume less fuel but I think that's offset by the increased maintenance, greater upfront cost, and higher repair costs if and when either unit requires work.

lawnboy dan
08-17-2013, 08:41 AM
i am suprized shindawia put out junk like this. i expect more from them but they went ahead a nd sold out to a lousey company like echo. how the mighty have fallen. no one usees c4 equiptment here and one dealer refused to even sell or stock it. blame the epa

WayneJessie
08-17-2013, 12:58 PM
Anyone using Shindiawa equipment with the hybrid 4 engine? What do you think? There is a graph On their web sight that said it is better but, they all say that.
Posted via Mobile Device

I had a Stihl 4mix. That broke me from the hybrid craze. My local dealer sells all the major brands and his opinion is that the Shindy hybrids are far better than the Stihl's but neither equal top brand 2-strokes as far as reliability/durability. I love a good running 2stroke.:cool2:

lawnboy dan
08-18-2013, 10:14 AM
this seems to be true. as much as i hate to admit it -my sthil 4 mix have been better than the shindy version. i use them on a limited basis as i know they arnt going to be reliable for long. the sthil br 600 is such a perfect blower for leaf cleanups