PDA

View Full Version : Mulch Stabilizer

Joshuakwhit
01-12-2013, 05:52 PM
Has anyone used a mulch stabilizer. This keeps mulch put allowing water to flow through.
What about mulch colorants?

Smallaxe
01-13-2013, 09:04 AM
Never heard of such a thing... Why would you want to prevent water from going though the mulch... each Spring much of the mulch has become compacted and hydrophobic under the snow and should be stirred up or refreshed a bit to allow normal water and air flow...

So what I'm trying to Undo, you want to pay money to do... What is your reason for wanting this???

Joshuakwhit
01-13-2013, 09:14 AM
You misunderstood my post it allows water and air to flow through the mulch. But keeps mulch in place as well as it helps mulch to keep its color longer.
So if you need to blow out the beds after trimming bushes or fall clean ups mulch doesnt get blown out of bed areas.

cpllawncare
01-13-2013, 10:11 PM
Just looked it up acts like a binder, could see it, but have never tried it, sounds like it might be good for hillside mulch. Be interested in seeing if anyone has tried it also.

lilmarvin4064
01-14-2013, 10:54 AM
I got some Tackdown late last year for this purpose but I haven't tried it yet. I plan to test it out this spring.

http://profilelibrary.info/Files/431.TackDownStandardSpecifications.pdf

Joshuakwhit
01-25-2013, 09:54 PM
Anybody else have any experience with this?