PDA

View Full Version : How far would you commute?

gallihergreen
01-12-2013, 05:58 PM
I'm having a difficult time finding a shop for lease for a reasonable price that fits my needs in my immediate area. I've found a nice shop on 7 acres for $1,500/month but it's just under an hour away from my home. So, the question is how far would you commute for your ideal shop space?
Posted via Mobile Device

knox gsl
01-12-2013, 06:11 PM
Not that far.
Posted via Mobile Device

gallihergreen
01-12-2013, 06:15 PM
Not that far.
Posted via Mobile Device

That's what I'm thinking. 1 hour each way seemed excessive to me, but figured I'd see what others thought.
Posted via Mobile Device

agrostis
01-12-2013, 06:19 PM
Man, you might be having a hard time finding shop space, but you need to keep looking. An hour one way is a lot of driving, you would be tired of that in under a year.

gallihergreen
01-12-2013, 06:31 PM
Man, you might be having a hard time finding shop space, but you need to keep looking. An hour one way is a lot of driving, you would be tired of that in under a year.

Yeah, not to mention fuel costs and wear and tear on trucks.
Posted via Mobile Device

Kelly's Landscaping
01-12-2013, 06:37 PM
I often am awaken by the sound of the garage opening which means its time to roll out of bed and jump in the shower. By the time I get down stairs everything's ready to go. No going back to commuting after that luxury.

gallihergreen
01-12-2013, 06:43 PM
I often am awaken by the sound of the garage opening which means its time to roll out of bed and jump in the shower. By the time I get down stairs everything's ready to go. No going back to commuting after that luxury.

I'll be there someday, but a building a shop isn't in the cards right now.
Posted via Mobile Device

jrs.landscaping
01-13-2013, 12:20 PM
It depends on where that hour drive puts you in relation to your service areas. If it puts you closer than it might be worth looking into. If you're driving an hour to your shop, and then an hour and a half back to your service area it wouldn't make sense.