PDA

View Full Version : Back up cameras

joepetrilli
01-13-2013, 01:27 PM
I'm thinking of a backupcamera/gps for maybee both of my trucks. I would like it for the back of the trucks to hook up trailer/etc. and also back of the trailer. Any suggestions?

alldayrj
01-13-2013, 01:39 PM
Spend good money. I got a cheap one and it broke quick. Let us know if you find a quality unit, i need to replace mine
Posted via Mobile Device

alldayrj
01-13-2013, 02:00 PM
It was great while it lasted, paid for itself with speeding up trailer hookups. I can hit it every time just using mirrors if I'm coming in straight but its those wacky angles where a camera really helps
Posted via Mobile Device

Tripp
01-15-2013, 10:14 AM
My Tacoma came factory with back up camera the monitor is in the rearview mirror. I will say it's one of the best things I never thought I would need. The camera for mine is located in the tailgate handle so I get a good view of the hitch when backing to trailers. Look into the gentrex systems as they replace your rearview mirror and you don't have to add a seperate monitor.

Woodman1
01-15-2013, 08:51 PM
Joe,

Buyers Brand is now selling them. I have a system with three cameras on my truck. If you search for them - type in RV back - up cameras. You definitely want one with Infa-red lights. They make a tremendous difference.
Jay

bassin
01-16-2013, 01:34 PM
on my farm machinery i got several cab cam unit work alsome but are a bit pricey..they never get dirty cause they have a static chatge that keep them clean