PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Width

Mikegyver
01-13-2013, 10:55 PM
Looking at landscape trailers this week. What width do y'all recommend? Looking at 77" and 83" widths. I am most likely going to end up with a used 83"x14'. My main beef with the 83" is that it could be fun pulling it on tight 4 lane roads. Don't want to sideswipe anyone. :hammerhead: The width of the deck is 83"...the tires are out beyond that. Its prob close to 100" wide total.
I guess I'd have to just just avoid really tight stretches of road where I might have issues. I'm sure like anything I could get used to driving a wider trailer, right now I have a 60" (plus the width of the tires) trailer.
Any input would be appreciated.

docjones
01-13-2013, 11:03 PM
Looking at buying a new open trailer myself. I was convinced early on that wider is better but I also do not want to be always nervous about me or one of my guys crossing center lines on these narrow roads. I am looking more and more at inside width of 6'6" or somewhere close but nothing wider.

Mikegyver
01-13-2013, 11:30 PM
Ya, my point exactly.
If I can get this trailer for the right price I can put up with the extra width. But if I am going to buy a new one or going to keep looking I am going to swing towards getting around the same size you are saying.