PDA

View Full Version : any husgvarna expirence

hudson12787
01-14-2013, 12:13 PM
i found a decent deal on all new equipment a 6x10 trailer,husgvarana ztn ,backpac blower ,and trimmer for under 6k i was wondering if you guys have any expirence with the brand good or bad

lawnkingforever
01-14-2013, 01:21 PM
Do not know much about their mowers, but their handhelds are solid. Always liked echo, until I bought an echo stick edger 2 years ago, it was junk from the get go. Now I have been replacing the echo with husqavarna when buying handhelds. They seem very reliable and start easier than the other brands
Posted via Mobile Device

rreyn1812
01-14-2013, 01:28 PM
I've demoed the late model Zero Turns and they are solid mowers. If I got a good deal on one, I wouldn't mind having one. The question is do you have local dealer that can provide good support? I've got a Husky backpack blower and it is a solid unit, as is their handheld equipment.

arl250
01-14-2013, 05:04 PM
Which mower is included in that package? Ive used the trimmers and chainsaws for awhile and I love them as long as they are pro grade
Posted via Mobile Device

Darryl G
01-14-2013, 05:33 PM
The new mowers looks good but no direct experience with them. I've run nothing but their chain saws since 1996 or so and now have started switching over to their other handhelds from Shindaiwa...I have a 323 trimmer that I love and same with the 580 backpack blower.

hudson12787
01-15-2013, 12:20 AM
i believe the mower was a mx5424s the trimmer a 323 and blower a 350bt i have several local dealers with inhouse service departments within 10 miles of me

Darryl G
01-15-2013, 12:51 AM
The 323 is nice for a smaller trimmer...great for maintenance work because it's so light and well balanced, starts easily and is ready to work right away. I wish the fuel tank was bigger. It's going to be a bit lacking for heavy duty trimming but it's a good place to start...can always add a larger trimmer if the need arises. It's what I used 95% of the time last season. The 223 is nice too and almost identical to the 323 except it has a cable shaft instead of solid steel. The 350 is a solid blower but might leave a bit to be desired if you're doing a lot of large leaf cleanups. I think you mean the MZ mower...a bit on the lighter duty side of things...might want to step up the line a bit if it's in the budget.

hudson12787
01-15-2013, 02:14 AM
mz is correct i had a feelin the mower was on the lighter side but this was just the package offered i thought would fit my start up budget and upgrade later and use it as a back up at that point but im fairly new to this so to you what makes it on the lighter side and what would be a step up as the dealer has many packages available only thing changing being the mower

whiffyspark
01-15-2013, 05:29 AM
Pzt than pz.

I like the packages from sle
Posted via Mobile Device

skorum03
01-15-2013, 06:01 AM
i have a husqvarna 5424 ztr 2011 model and its pretty solid. At least it was for me last year being my first year in the business it was all that i needed. Its not an exmark or a scag but its also at least half the price. i bought mine through sears with some good financing options. Any other questions feel free to ask me.

YardBros Outdoors
www.yardbros.com

Darryl G
01-15-2013, 08:27 AM
The MZ 5424S has a stamped 12 gauge deck instead of a 10 guage fabricated deck, Kawisaki FR series engine rather than FX with the heavy duty filtration system, smallish tires, slowish ground speed and it doesn't look like it will be covered under warranty for commercial use. Also no roll-over protection system, smaller hydro pumps and lighter transmission. I'd look into the warranty and confirm that as that could be a deal breaker. The MZ 5225 has the Kohler Courge Pro V twin engine...not sure if those are any good but it has slightly thicker fabricated deck and larger hydro pumps and a 1 year commercial warranty, as does the M-ZT-52. The M-ZT-52 looks pretty close to being a full commercial machine but not sure about the Briggs Endurance series engine. The M-ZT has a rollover bar as well. The website has those machines being $400 and $1,200 more than the MZ5424S.

BTW, all I did was do a specification compare on the website. You can simply click what machines you want to compare and it shows their specs side-by-side. And again, I have no first hand knowledge of these mowers.

JClark86
01-15-2013, 06:47 PM
I was checking out the new 52" MZT today and was pretty impressed considering the price. Heavier duty than the MZ. Will make a great entry level commercial mower.

Darryl G
01-15-2013, 09:11 PM
Yeah that's what I was thinking. For the little bit of extra $$ I'd step up the line a little. It's a pretty big $$ jump from there to the full commercial mowers after that.

crazyflyboy30
01-19-2013, 12:52 PM
Somehow I have gone all Husqvarna.It all started the first of last year I got a new Husqvarna LGT2654 then I said I need a ZT so got the biggest I could fo the money turns out it was a Husqvarna MZ6128ZT then need to upgrade my blower so Darryl G and other said the Husqvarna 580bts is the one to get .So I will have the 58bts 1/21/13.Now I looking for the Best Trimmer and Husqvarna at top of my list so far.
What is the Best Trimmer?

Darryl G
01-19-2013, 01:07 PM
The Husky 223 and 323 are nice small trimmers suitable for a mowing route. I went with the 323 for the solid steel shaft with lifetime warranty over the cable shaft on the 223. The next step up is the 326. Mine fires right up, is ready to work right away and is really light. It has good power, but being a smaller trimmer isn't really suited for getting into the heavy stuff. I don't think you can go wrong with any of those 3.

crazyflyboy30
01-19-2013, 01:11 PM
I was checking out the new 52" MZT today and was pretty impressed considering the price. Heavier duty than the MZ. Will make a great entry level commercial mower.

On my MZ6128ZT the only 2 thing I did was I added 3 wheel to the back fo the deck and beef up the front ones then got the Spindle/mandrel type commercial from a PZ so I the new Spindle,pulleys,blades waiting to go on when the others go out.
P.S. My MZ6128 has the HG3400 the new MZ6128 has HG3100 the M-ZT's has the HG3400 and cast iron blade housings .I wish they had this last year:cry:

crazyflyboy30
01-19-2013, 07:42 PM
The Husky 223 and 323 are nice small trimmers suitable for a mowing route. I went with the 323 for the solid steel shaft with lifetime warranty over the cable shaft on the 223. The next step up is the 326. Mine fires right up, is ready to work right away and is really light. It has good power, but being a smaller trimmer isn't really suited for getting into the heavy stuff. I don't think you can go wrong with any of those 3.

I am thinking of the 224L it is lighter in weight that the trimmer I use now it is also a 2002 model MTD 31cc 4-stroke.It has been good but like to get some thing new has ever thing else is new.

skorum03
01-19-2013, 08:21 PM
Anyone use the crappy trimmers from fleet farm and just buy a new every few months. I'm talking about the $70 ones? haha some of them really aren't all that bad.

YardBros Outdoors
www.yardbros.com

Darryl G
01-19-2013, 08:55 PM
I am thinking of the 224L it is lighter in weight that the trimmer I use now it is also a 2002 model MTD 31cc 4-stroke.It has been good but like to get some thing new has ever thing else is new.

You really like 4 stroke stuff I guess. I've never seen let along used a 224. It is a good bit heavier (11.24 vs 9 lbs) and has less horse power than the 323 (1.07 vs 1.2) but if that's what you like go for it. It is rated to use less fuel and is probably quieter as well. But the 323 is just so light and well balanced that I can one hand it without a problem when I need to...great for reaching under low branches and down slopes.

The only problems I've had with my Husky stuff is the recoil on the 124L trimmer that I bought for my son, but that's a homeowner unit and they have since redesigned that recoil assembly. I use it as a backup unit now but it's outlasted my expectations.

crazyflyboy30
01-19-2013, 10:20 PM
You really like 4 stroke stuff I guess. I've never seen let along used a 224. It is a good bit heavier (11.24 vs 9 lbs) and has less horse power than the 323 (1.07 vs 1.2) but if that's what you like go for it. It is rated to use less fuel and is probably quieter as well. But the 323 is just so light and well balanced that I can one hand it without a problem when I need to...great for reaching under low branches and down slopes.

The only problems I've had with my Husky stuff is the recoil on the 124L trimmer that I bought for my son, but that's a homeowner unit and they have since redesigned that recoil assembly. I use it as a backup unit now but it's outlasted my expectations.

My MTD is 13lb. I did no't think was all that heavy I am very strong man one of my nicknames is grille hands because my big hands and strong.

Darryl G
01-19-2013, 11:04 PM
I'm no wimp myself, but I still appreciate being able to sling my trimmer around like it's nothing. I trim at a pretty brisk pace and it's just nice to have such a light unit that's still capable, espeicially when you get to be my age, lol.

My Shindaiwa M2500 is around 13 pounds and I never thought it was heavy until I got my 323. So yeah, an 11 pound trimmer isn't exactly heavy. I think my M240 and M241 are a bit lighter than my 2500, but the 241 got damaged and needs work and the 240 is a bit tired now. I've also got a Stihl FS110 with the bike handlebar for the heavier trimming and brush.

crazyflyboy30
01-20-2013, 11:57 AM
http://www.husqvarna.com/us/press-listing/husqvarna-launches-rugged-all-wheel-drive-mower/
This my next WB I have been looking at it a long time it's now on order.

Darryl G
01-20-2013, 04:03 PM
Put a lift kid and some mudders on that baby!!!!

skorum03
01-20-2013, 04:04 PM
I'm with Darryl haha

YardBros Outdoors
www.yardbros.com

crazyflyboy30
02-01-2013, 07:06 PM
I am now MR. Husqvarna:laugh: every thing I have now is Husqvarna MZ6128ZT ,LGT2654,HU800AWD,224L,580BTS and some others as I need them.

DirtDiver
02-04-2013, 10:39 AM
http://www.husqvarna.com/us/products/zero-turn-mowers/m-zt-61/

I was checking this out online, as an alternative to a used Lazer or Scag.

I have a dealer near me, so I'll go over and check one out. But, has anyone tried one? The website says that they're new.

Darryl G
02-04-2013, 11:12 AM
No, I have not tried but it's just a slightly different model, a modified MZ 6128. Notice that it weighs over 300 pounds less than P-ZT 60, which is a full commercial mower. It's smaller and made with lighter gauge materials. The single 5 gallon fuel tank would drive me nuts, but seems like a decent mower for a solo operator. On paper I like it better than the MZ 6128 for the heavier duty and faster transmission and the rollover bar.

whiffyspark
02-04-2013, 01:20 PM
Do you think the pz is worth it over the pzt?
Posted via Mobile Device

Darryl G
02-04-2013, 01:34 PM
It's a pretty big price jump to the P-ZT. The MZT does look like a good value and reasonable compromise. I'd see if you can get a demo of the 2 machines.

whiffyspark
02-04-2013, 01:53 PM
I'm planning on buying a 60 inch pzt. I noticed the pz has a different drive system and is much more expensive.
Posted via Mobile Device

Darryl G
02-04-2013, 02:19 PM
Oh sorry...looked at your question too quickly...PZT vs PZ. The PZ is top of the line. The PZT should do most people fine. It's a full commercial machine. I have a dealer in town but they stopped selling the Zero turns because they were just having to hold onto them too long. I can still get one but would have to order it. I have my eye on the PZT 54 personally.

JClark86
02-04-2013, 02:29 PM
I checked out the MZT and was pretty impressed. On specs I dont see a better value out there. It's not a full $10k hardcore pro machine but where else can you get 3400s, fabricated deck, etc for $5500 (52")? My local dealer expects them to be a huge seller and basically kill the MZ and PZT.

Darryl G
02-04-2013, 02:47 PM
I like the Donaldson-style air filter which doesn't come on the MZT, especially since I'd have a rear bagger on it and would be sending all that dust to the rear of the machine. I also prefer a Kawi engine. And I'm a little leary of an 11 gauge deck...if it warps you're kind of screwed. Also if you're one of those guys running in sandy conditions a lot it's probably not the way to go. I agree it's a good value though.

sildoc
06-03-2013, 10:07 PM
We bought the MZT 52 28 briggs this year to supplement our exmarks. Ended up costing me 6200 with power bagger.
Like the machine so far. Stripes well has decent power. We figure the briggs won't last more than 500 hours but that was the plan and we can slap a kawi in there for around 1600 if need be still being way under the pzt with power bagger. So far we like the machine. Upgrades will be solid caster tires as they need to be changed out but other than that it is super fast, cuts well, discharges well and bags well. Thinking we will be buying another one next year and selling off the exmark as it is reaching 1800 hrs. Dealer seems to think this is going to be husky's biggest selling machine for entry level commercial mower and I think he is right. Need to see how the spindles and trans last but so far so good. 100 hrs and no problems yet.

360lawncare
06-10-2013, 07:32 PM
I also bought the mz 52 and so far it's been a great zt. Don't see many around but I think with time that will change as you can't get a better deal on a entry level zt for the price.

The Kid
06-11-2013, 12:43 AM
I test drove a PZ 52/w a 30 horse kohler today. I really liked it, but want a 60 w/about 30/34hp. The test model had the softest ride I've had in a long time. It went through waist high, wet grass, set at 5 inches with no problem. I am going to look at Scag, Exmark and whatever else I stumble across before I buy. I know the others will have a lot to stand up to. This is a GREAT mower, fair priced at $9500.00, did not scalp ( 52"), and hard to beat. I was very impressed.

brookline
03-25-2014, 01:51 AM
We bought the MZT 52 28 briggs this year to supplement our exmarks. Ended up costing me 6200 with power bagger.
Like the machine so far. Stripes well has decent power. We figure the briggs won't last more than 500 hours but that was the plan and we can slap a kawi in there for around 1600 if need be still being way under the pzt with power bagger. So far we like the machine. Upgrades will be solid caster tires as they need to be changed out but other than that it is super fast, cuts well, discharges well and bags well. Thinking we will be buying another one next year and selling off the exmark as it is reaching 1800 hrs. Dealer seems to think this is going to be husky's biggest selling machine for entry level commercial mower and I think he is right. Need to see how the spindles and trans last but so far so good. 100 hrs and no problems yet.

How is the mzt holding up? i just bought one last week cant wait to start cutting with it. How do you like the Briggs so far? any issues?

360lawncare
03-25-2014, 09:12 AM
Mine is holding up fine so far. I think Husqvarna is building some really nice machines they have the biggest frame in the industry right now. Really when you boil it down all the zero turns have the same running gears really most of the same engines it just what's sets them apart is the little things and I like Husqvarna having the biggest frame around plus I think they have one if not the best deck design out there.
Posted via Mobile Device

sildoc
03-25-2014, 10:17 AM
How is the mzt holding up? i just bought one last week cant wait to start cutting with it. How do you like the Briggs so far? any issues?

Running great. Briggs still purs. Just bought a mzt 61 with the Kawi engine on it. If anyone is looking to buy right now Husqvarna is offering fleet pricing. Basically you buy the mower and can get 3 handhelds or bp blower for free.
We just paid 6400 with blower bagger and the 326 trimmer and hedge trimmer.
Great deal.

360lawncare
03-25-2014, 10:47 AM
That's a heck of a deal for a great mower!

brookline
03-25-2014, 02:42 PM
Running great. Briggs still purs. Just bought a mzt 61 with the Kawi engine on it. If anyone is looking to buy right now Husqvarna is offering fleet pricing. Basically you buy the mower and can get 3 handhelds or bp blower for free.
We just paid 6400 with blower bagger and the 326 trimmer and hedge trimmer.
Great deal.

That's the same deal I got. I got an edger trimmer and pole saw attachment (edger is detachable) plus the Mzt52 With 28hp Briggs (last year's model. New ones have 26hp) for $5300 out the door. How many hours do you have on your briggs? Is it the endurance commercial? The Briggs is the only thing I am hesitant about. But I have heard the endurance commercial is close to as good as the Vangaurd
Posted via Mobile Device

35DollarLawns
03-25-2014, 04:42 PM
We ran a few Husqvarna 54s last year with the Briggs engine and at over 750 hours there hasent been a moment they have been in the shop.
We have several older Mz61 which run10 mph , now it's the MZ-T and they are ok as well, there baggers need some work.
Overall the MZ line up is great with a new MZ54s at $3999 can you really ask for more?
Posted via Mobile Device

sildoc
03-25-2014, 07:25 PM
That's the same deal I got. I got an edger trimmer and pole saw attachment (edger is detachable) plus the Mzt52 With 28hp Briggs (last year's model. New ones have 26hp) for $5300 out the door. How many hours do you have on your briggs? Is it the endurance commercial? The Briggs is the only thing I am hesitant about. But I have heard the endurance commercial is close to as good as the Vangaurd
Posted via Mobile Device

We have a little over 200 on it now with the season just getting started. However the hour meter only counts when mowing not just when the engine is running.
As for the 28 hp to 26hp they are the same engine. Briggs had to re label HP ratings this year. Their 28 became a 26 and the 30 became a 28. I figure a new 23hp Kawi costs about 1700 so when the briggs goes if the rest of the mower still has a lot of life in it I will repower it with a kawi.

kinneberg lawn service
03-25-2014, 08:12 PM
I have one of those 4wd push mowers, honestly I love the thing works great on hills. there is a deal going on, You can get a ZTR and trimmer, and believe another piece of handheld equipment when all is said and done it come to be equal to the regular price of the ZTR. I was just at dealer other day.