PDA

View Full Version : Main Mulch Supplier

snowracer919
01-14-2013, 04:04 PM
I was wondering if anybody had any information as to who the main supplier of the Premium bark mulch was. I know they are down south somewhere and the product is brought up to where I'm at (Illinois) by barge. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I attached a picture of the type we use. Hopefully it works since itís my first time uploading an image.

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a510/snowracer919/mulch_zpsdf77b717.jpg

kandalawncaremgr
01-14-2013, 06:23 PM
Hey snow, what part of Illinois

merrimacmill
01-15-2013, 12:15 AM
Theres really no way to answer this question. I don't think there is any one main mulch supplier for every type of mulch, all around the country. I know of 5 off the top of my head within driving distance of my shop.

snowracer919
01-15-2013, 10:30 AM
I live in northern Illinois in Wauconda. I deal with a local supplier that I know brings this mulch up somewhere from the south on barges so there has to be a large wholesale supplier somewhere. Just looking to get the middle man out of the mix and save a few bucks.

kandalawncaremgr
01-15-2013, 10:40 AM
Well I live here in Romeoville right by the canal and there's a huge mulch supplier in Lemont, IL. This place is huge and all the local suppliers buy from this location. When I get home ill pull my contact sheet and give you the number and address. There is also chicagoland mulch in Crest Hill, IL. There ok put Lemont is the place to buy. You'll be impressed at this place.

larryinalabama
01-15-2013, 10:42 AM
That pic looks like painted wood chips.

QLM
01-18-2013, 04:28 PM
Man do a search for saw mills. That is where mulch comes from. I can get a 100 yards of double ground hardwood delivered from the saw mill 90 miles north of me for under a grand. I am in new orleans so my guy won't work for you. need to have.a yard with access to an 18 wheeler. Just google search saw mills. Start calling if they don't sell they sell the bark to somebody who does. I don't have a yard that works for that but the job needed every bit of it and just had it delivered there.
Posted via Mobile Device

weaver
01-21-2013, 03:26 PM
looks like double ground chocolate here..