PDA

View Full Version : Which rain suits do you use? Advice needed!

WoodlandAM
01-14-2013, 08:40 PM
After getting absolutely drenched today, Ive decided its time to upgrade the rain suits. This year we had a bunch of Frog Togs suits, but they tore to pieces and just didnt cut it. It gets hot and sticky here in Georgia so I'd like something that isnt super hot and not super expensive. Ideas?

pseudosun
01-14-2013, 08:46 PM
I tried a suit a while back, and couldn't move that good. It's rare that i get caught in the rain, so i don't invest in a rain suit. I have 55 gallon drum liners. I put a hole in the bottom for my head, and holes for my arms, and i can move real good, and it cost next to nothing. But, i'd probably be interested in a light weight, cheap rain suit. I hate the ponchos with the snaps on the side. They tear, and just don't work right. I'd choose a plastic bag over those ponchos.

gallihergreen
01-14-2013, 08:49 PM
Trash bag with a couple of holes cut out. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device

larryinalabama
01-14-2013, 08:53 PM
I tried a suit a while back, and couldn't move that good. It's rare that i get caught in the rain, so i don't invest in a rain suit. I have 55 gallon drum liners. I put a hole in the bottom for my head, and holes for my arms, and i can move real good, and it cost next to nothing. But, i'd probably be interested in a light weight, cheap rain suit. I hate the ponchos with the snaps on the side. They tear, and just don't work right. I'd choose a plastic bag over those ponchos.

Ive done the plastic bag thing, it will allow you to finish a house.

I generally dont work in the rain.

CowboysLawnCareDelaware
01-14-2013, 08:56 PM
When running machinery a $15-$20 construction rain suit from Home Depot or Lowe's work great. I have a set of Frogg Toggs for fishing, they are noisy and DO NOT breathe well at all.

I haven't found myself cutting or landscaping in the rain because in Delaware it is either raining hard, or a beautiful day. I just don't work on bad days, but I am growing rapidly and this is an issue that may start to affect me.

A trash bag works best, but you look like crap when doing the work.

-Michael

ashgrove landscaping
01-15-2013, 02:18 AM
Carhartt. Super tough and totally waterproof.

Aaronnc
01-15-2013, 05:56 AM
glad super force flex. super tough and totally waterproof

wegomow
01-15-2013, 08:46 AM
I try real hard not to work in the rain. My iPhone weather.com app with the radar map keeps me drier than any rain suit. :laugh:

orangemower
01-15-2013, 10:17 AM
When running machinery a $15-$20 construction rain suit from Home Depot or Lowe's work great. I have a set of Frogg Toggs for fishing, they are noisy and DO NOT breathe well at all.

I haven't found myself cutting or landscaping in the rain because in Delaware it is either raining hard, or a beautiful day. I just don't work on bad days, but I am growing rapidly and this is an issue that may start to affect me.

A trash bag works best, but you look like crap when doing the work.

-Michael

You mean you look like trash. LOL :laugh:

jones68
01-15-2013, 11:08 AM
i bought a rain suit from carhart it was pricey but well worth it!! breathable and waterproof.

CowboysLawnCareDelaware
01-15-2013, 02:27 PM
Can you give us a link to the exact suit you bought. They have suits from $60-$450 or more.

-Michael

WoodlandAM
01-15-2013, 08:14 PM
I grabbed one from Home Depot this morning and it didnt make it through half a day. It remained waterproof and didnt tear, but the shoulder straps for the pants ripped off. The dang things fall off every minute, and then when I tightened them, they broke in no time. On to the next one I reckon...

grassman177
01-16-2013, 10:25 AM
anyone mowing in rain is not only unprofessional, but kinda dense in the brain. finishing up and continuing to work are dif. rainsuit not needed with radar on ur phone, lol

jones68
01-16-2013, 10:42 AM
Pants

http://www.carhartt.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10101&storeId=10051&productId=111800&langId=-1

coat

http://www.carhartt.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10101&storeId=10051&productId=100458&langId=-1

This suit has a similar shell to the regular carhartt everyone is used to with no insulation ive used this suit for everything. this thing is TOUGH!! expensive though but after going through 3 sets of the pvc style i had to jump on it. i got it on sale at the local dealer for i think 50% off after christmas a couple years back. it is the shoreline set i do recommend the shoreline coat over the shoreline jacket the coat is longer at the waist the jacket came up when i bent down and would have allowed water/snow down the back side. This suit is great for snow blowing i dont like to wear a heavy suit while plowing and shoveling this is just a waterproof shell.