PDA

View Full Version : Sending Direct Mail ads to same saturation routes multiple years

DA Quality Lawn & YS
01-15-2013, 02:16 PM
I am planning my marketing strategies for the upcoming season. The last two seasons, I have used Direct Mail postcards to a reasonable degree of success. I target saturation routes with homes mostly $300K plus in value. I have sent to the same saturation routes two years in a row (2011 and 2012) and have really broken nicely into several neighborhoods although there are MANY more homes that have not taken the bait yet.

Here is a couple questions maybe you guys can help
1) Does it pay to continue to market to these areas year after year via Direct Mail? Or should I go to new areas and break new ground - i.e. what is the wisest use of my mkt dollars?
2) Should I change up the design of my Direct Mailers each year or use a familiar design? Of course I save good money using similar design year after year, but do you need to keep in fresh?

Note that as a two guy operation, I cannot just blast mail everyone in the metro near me, my budget does not allow for that. If I mail 5K cards at a time that is like the upper end of what I can handle.

Thanks!

Blades Lawn Maintenance
01-15-2013, 09:59 PM
Subscribing!! I was wondering how that works to

yardworkswi
01-16-2013, 01:42 PM
If you decide to break new ground and you don't already have a mailing list then be sure to check into EDDM (every door direct mail). The only differnences between that and saturation mailing is that you need to mail a more specific sized piece and you dont need a mailing list as you will go online (USPS) and pick specific routes. I am doing this so that I can target the exact neighborhoods that I want to try to get into. Its about 14 cents per piece I believe. Good Luck

IMO if a design did well keep it if not scrap it. I wouldnt use it more than 2 yrs for the same houses just figuring if you had a chance to get them and didnt then that design didnt do it for them.

TheBetterDoorhanger
01-16-2013, 05:49 PM
I dont know if you have a printer yet or not, but check out A'Deas Printing. We can do just the printing of the post cards, or we can help you through the whole process and do the mailing as well. If you are needing a mailing list we can help assist with obtaining one as well. I know we have a couple specials on our website at the moment that you might check out www.adeasprinting.com/post-cards, i know one is 5,000 for $.27, that includes the printing(color front black and white back), addressing, mailing and saturation rate postage.
If you have any questions or if you'd like any other information feel free to call or email me, My name is Glenda, my number is 1-866-778-4254 or my email is glenda@adeasprinting.com

TriCityLawnCareLLC
01-16-2013, 09:36 PM
I use Adeas- good company.

Forever Green Landscaping
01-16-2013, 09:48 PM
5000 postcards for $.27 That's an amazing deal I might cancel my current order to get on that
Posted via Mobile Device

DA Quality Lawn & YS
01-16-2013, 10:59 PM
I use Adeas as well, Glenda remember me?
And yes, that rate is a decent deal I may have to order up a little early this year.
Also decent rates for 1k and 2500 cards as well.

Hause
01-17-2013, 07:24 AM
They say someone needs to see your company 5 times in order for them to remember your company. From what I've heard direct mail ad response breaks down like this:

2% 1st ad
4% 2nd
8% 3d
15% 4th
88% 5th

I realize an 88% return sounds insane but those are the numbers a legit marketing firm.

KrayzKajun
01-17-2013, 07:43 AM
My original plan was to do one mass mailing of approx 9k cards. But have decided to change things up and pick 5 communities i work in already or want to work in approx 3k homes. Send out three mailings. Last week of Jan, 2nd week of Feb, last week of Feb or 1st week of March.
Posted via Mobile Device

wintergreen82
01-17-2013, 04:22 PM
DA I don't know how much you market in Rochester, but I will tell you this, some neighborhoods will not bite. I have two sub divisions I haven't ever gotten a phone call in. I have marketed them for 7 years. I still market them in hopes of breaking thru.