PDA

View Full Version : Toro 26" 22200 mower reviews?

gardensmith
01-15-2013, 03:10 PM
Hello there, I'm writing from Scotland basicly because I can't seem to get much info from folks over here!
I have not been in the maintenance game for long ( 2nd year) I want to be a little more productive with my time and thought about this mower.

http://www.toro.com/en-gb/professional-contractor/mowers/professional-21-walk-mower/pages/model.aspx?pid=22200te

I've looked at 2nd hand Scags and new MTD 33" too.

I see that the Exmark Metro 26 gets a hard time on this forum! I reckon the Toro is the same mower?

It ticks a few boxes for me but not if it's not going to perform the way I want it to.

Thanks for any advice you can give.:drinkup:

locallawncare.ca
01-15-2013, 03:44 PM
I thinks its safe to say that it will be the same as the exmark 26" mower, which apparently was a big failure and is now discontinued, I also think that Toro model is also not available. I would look at the new 30" mowers. Also it think the biggest problem was that a 26" blade is just too large. Hope this helps, the exmark and toro 21" mowers are top notch, all the best.

gardensmith
01-15-2013, 04:12 PM
Yeah, just read a few more reviews! The grass here is often damp (to say the least!) also get alot of moss in the grass which takes a bit of grunt to get through. I get the feeling the 26 would be an expensive mistake. I'm sure we can still get it here for £1800. The Turfmaster is not available here. neither is the Bravo 25. hmmm,
I have a Toro 21 (the commercial with Honda) It's good. maybe I should get The heavy duty with the Kawi engine and employ a lad to push my other one to get through the grass!

sildoc
01-26-2013, 12:23 PM
We run 3 currently and have for the last 5 years. I wouldn't go back to a 21 ever. We also run the Ybravo 25's. Yes the exmark 26 had its problems initially but once you learn their quirks that are different than a 21 they are way more productive. We bag wet grass here in spring and fall and they do a decent job. The Bravo 25 does a better job in wet conditions.
Currently since Exmark is not producing the 26's any longer we are going to their new 30. We will see how that pans out, I am sure there will be issues that need addressed but will be a great mower over all.