PDA

View Full Version : Badboy?

bmxerss
01-15-2013, 08:44 PM
Hopefully by next season ill have enough cash to buy some new equiptment. one of the things i need, is a new mower (my scag has a bunch oh hours im guessing.) I've seen some commercials for Badboy, and they look pretty good. Has anyone used/owned one? are they good or are you just buying the flashy name?

Greg78
01-15-2013, 08:47 PM
http://www.lawnsite.com/search.php?searchid=7508675

brucec
01-16-2013, 02:07 AM
Ohh boy...
Posted via Mobile Device

flyingdutch16
01-16-2013, 11:03 AM
Owed a bad boy zt 26hp with the Briggs. The things are built like tanks. Just didn't do well on hills for me. Quality of cut could be better. Striped really nicely. In the end I did have to replace the spindle bearings. Now this was a low end comercial unit, high end homeowners. I'm assuming the commercial units are eve better. I liked the machine, the only problem I had was that the closest dealer was 40mi away for me. Demo the units before you buy one is what I would suggest.
Posted via Mobile Device

LandFakers
01-16-2013, 11:09 AM
Well Badboy is probably the cheapest mower (money wise) on the market. Ive never seen one, but you get what you pay for. Look into scag if you have a close enough dealer, they are cheaper than exmark(usually) and have stood the test of time.

Herb Flerb
01-16-2013, 11:51 AM
I bought one bout 6 yrs ago, it was a lower end model and it did the job, so i figured i try one of their top models with a vanguard engine, 60 inch deck, its a very good mower. Im thinking of buying another one this spring, we usually run deeres.

aka lawn
01-19-2013, 10:58 PM
I bought one last June after starting up. It was the best thing I done. I bought the middle one not the outlaw. The czt sixty inch with the twenty three horse vanguard. It has been great. Can not complain. Would not think twice about adding another one. I also have an awesome dealer standing behind me. I have bought several things off them from tractor to fourwheeler to weedeaters. They are my stihl dealer to. I think that makes a big difference on the equipment. No matter what brand it is. Just the piece of mind that they are there to relay on and the support.

mbigred
01-19-2013, 11:40 PM
i got one this may and if i get more yards this year than i will need a 2nd badboy:cool2:

kb9nvh
04-20-2013, 10:34 AM
Mine has been a good mower. Wish I had the outlaw but it wasn't around when I bought. Cuts good at 60" but not as good as my 48" scag did with velocity deck. apples to oranges here though. Wish it sat lower (outlaw does). It has gone a lot longer now NOT exploding in flames like my Scag did. Big plus!! Every issue on the BB has been minor and parts quickly sent by the manf and for free.

Blade Runners
04-20-2013, 11:54 AM
Scag:clapping:
Bad Boy:hammerhead:

jflazerz
04-22-2013, 02:07 AM
I own a 2012 outlaw extreme 852 cc Kawasaki with 110 hours on it I haven't had any problems If you get one get the suspension seat , the new armor tech deck they have now is a huge improvement from the older models. I recently had a 2008 60 inch Pup no problems with it either I sold it when BB came out with the new deck it had 550 hours on it , the only thing i don't like is the length but if you're not in alot of tight places it's not a big deal. good luck!

kb9nvh
04-22-2013, 05:32 AM
I want to trade up to a new outlaw....But the lightning Z 31HP is just so reliable. Was doing my spring maintinence and realized I missed my 50 hour hydraulic filter change and I found a new zerk I had missed. Wonder what I can get for my Z on trade? The only thing I really wantin a mower is a flip up deck and badboy doesn't have one.

retrodog
04-22-2013, 08:12 AM
I want to trade up to a new outlaw....But the lightning Z 31HP is just so reliable. Was doing my spring maintinence and realized I missed my 50 hour hydraulic filter change and I found a new zerk I had missed. Wonder what I can get for my Z on trade? The only thing I really wantin a mower is a flip up deck and badboy doesn't have one.
I vote to jist get a mo-jack xp or a pro model, save u a little money...
Posted via Mobile Device

kb9nvh
04-22-2013, 08:55 AM
Here's my list of "beefs" with my Badboy:
when I jack up the front to work under the deck AND I have pretty full gas tanks, a considerable amount of gas dribbles past the caps and runs to the ground. Would be nice to have the caps at the front of the tanks or caps that seal for liquid (I know they need to vent).

I hate having electric deck lift. I just want a pedal and a pin!! Why complicate things. The pedal I had put on as an option works but you can tell they added it as its not as clean an operation as it should be.

I get stuck easily if I find myself in some slop. I know you would never do this to a customers yard but since it mine I often try to cut places I really shouldnt'. WIsh it had come with more "Dixie Chopper" like paddle tires.

I want a deck that flips up..I cant believe that no one really talks about this but it seems a good deck wash out after each mow really is time effective as oppposed to scraping out dried on clippings under the deck. Is there something I dont know about that you commercal guys do that makes this a non-issue?

Roll bars seem great until you try to mow past a low branch or some sort of protruding structure. I'm glad I dont have one. (I might change my mind if I roll the machine over me but for where I mow, they are always more of a Pain).

I've not kept up wtih the new BB offereings. How does the new deck do? I dont see the rubber suspension thingys on anything but the outlaws now, I love mine and wonder if my model has been discontinued?

I vote to jist get a mo-jack xp or a pro model, save u a little money...
Posted via Mobile Device