PDA

View Full Version : Anybody checked out Encore Mowers lately

Greyst1
01-16-2013, 01:23 AM
Took a look at their site and have to say not only am i impressed with their website but their mowers look decent too.

http://encoreequipment.com/

Been reading all these threads lately about how Toro and Exmark are continuing to rip our industry off thought i would check out what they left behind.

I know about World Lawn buying this company up and i'm not sure of the US made content or manufacturing yet but i have to say they look nice. I thought i read that they were going to keep encore mfg in NE.

Checked dealer locator for my area too and all of the sudden plenty to buy from within an hour too which i find somewhat pleasing.

Anybody buy an encore lately?

HenryB
01-16-2013, 12:53 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Their Prowler is an awesome ZTR.reminds me of a Lazer and Turf Tiger combined
Posted via Mobile Device

SDLandscapes VT
01-16-2013, 01:16 PM
ENCORE MANUFACTURING Division of Worldlawn Power Equipment, Inc. BEATRICE, NE 68310

just so you understand the difference in pricing--Worldlawn is a Chinese brand and while the machines may be in some way "manufacture" here I m guessing they are leveraging their overseas abilities to keep prices low

but Encore is worldlawn now

jiggz
01-16-2013, 06:45 PM
http://beatricedailysun.com/news/local/worldlawn-power-purchases-encore/article_d3efb79a-5102-11e0-b904-001cc4c002e0.html

READ, READ, READ

BrunoT
01-16-2013, 08:38 PM
Sounds pretty risky. That "good deal" could wind up an orphan brand with poor resale.

orangemower
01-17-2013, 08:28 AM
ENCORE MANUFACTURING Division of Worldlawn Power Equipment, Inc. BEATRICE, NE 68310

just so you understand the difference in pricing--Worldlawn is a Chinese brand and while the machines may be in some way "manufacture" here I m guessing they are leveraging their overseas abilities to keep prices low

but Encore is worldlawn now

So much for a American made product. Another one bites the dust. Shame really. They said (World Lawn) that they want to incorporate their line into the Encore line.

Mikegyver
01-17-2013, 04:30 PM
I am trying to help my friend find a walkbehind for his 1/4 acre lot. We are going to look at some older Encore walkbehinds this week or next that are well under 1k. Are these worth buying or run away?