PDA

View Full Version : What do you think???

H&HLawnCare
01-16-2013, 12:09 PM
I found this mower on craigslist. What do you think? Is it worth the price? http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/grd/3519730792.html

herler
01-16-2013, 12:23 PM
I see that a lot, folks wash the machine in the nick of time to go sell it, they're in so much of a rush they forget to wait for even the water to dry before they snap off with the camera, then again I think that's because they did it to give it "reseller shine" and so the machine being wet doesn't hurt, you see... They probably wouldn't have bothered to even throw water at it had it not been for the machine being sold.

Water and machines don't do each other much good.

They would have been better off investing that time and money into seeing what could be fixed up that wasn't right, this isn't much better than freshly painting a car "reseller red," although other colors don't fare better, the point here is what are these folks so hard up for that they just HAD to give it reseller bling?

I guess the word here is reseller, what that means...
They didn't own the machine, they simply bought it low, washed it, and are now selling high.
It is usually, folks like these do the bare minimum just to get the machine in running order.
Their motive is profit.

In the translation, that says Buyer Beware.

Above Par Lawns
01-16-2013, 12:39 PM
Do you know a mechanic? If so, just have him go with you. The pictures look good to me. I wouldn't worry about him spraying them clean before taking a picture. Wouldn't you do the same? I would. The price seems okay, I'm sure you could talk him down a couple hundred.

H&HLawnCare
01-16-2013, 01:00 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Landrus2
01-16-2013, 01:02 PM
I see that a lot, folks wash the machine in the nick of time to go sell it, they're in so much of a rush they forget to wait for even the water to dry before they snap off with the camera, then again I think that's because they did it to give it "reseller shine" and so the machine being wet doesn't hurt, you see... They probably wouldn't have bothered to even throw water at it had it not been for the machine being sold.

Water and machines don't do each other much good.

They would have been better off investing that time and money into seeing what could be fixed up that wasn't right, this isn't much better than freshly painting a car "reseller red," although other colors don't fare better, the point here is what are these folks so hard up for that they just HAD to give it reseller bling?

I guess the word here is reseller, what that means...
They didn't own the machine, they simply bought it low, washed it, and are now selling high.
It is usually, folks like these do the bare minimum just to get the machine in running order.
Their motive is profit.

In the translation, that says Buyer Beware.

Could it been raining :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Above Par Lawns
01-16-2013, 01:13 PM
There's a pressure washer in the background.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sprinkler Buddy
01-16-2013, 01:31 PM
I think you can do better than that for that kind of $$$, especially this time of year.

LandFakers
01-16-2013, 01:31 PM
It looks a little bit trashed, but I dont judge a book by its cover. Price seems fair enough to go check it out

Valk
01-16-2013, 04:53 PM
Hour meter?

H&HLawnCare
01-18-2013, 09:48 PM
I decided to pass on this mower. Thanks for the tips and advice.

orangemower
01-19-2013, 11:19 AM
There's a pressure washer in the background.
Posted via Mobile Device

and it looks like the sun is out. ;)

Darryl G
01-19-2013, 11:30 AM
Looks like it was stored outside a lot or washed and left wet. My machines are 10 and 11 years old and are still rust free.

LandFakers
01-19-2013, 01:32 PM
The sand in Florida is what kills mower decks and mowers themselves. It eats through the metal