PDA

View Full Version : both employes out injured in one day.

vaacutabove
01-16-2013, 03:47 PM
Well I gave my guys the week off I had to take my daughter to maryland for a treatment. Well I get a call one will be out for up to six mo. he broke his tim fib and has an external fixator (sp?) the other broke his arm. They were out riding dirt bikes and now I'm not sure what to do with this season.

KrayzKajun
01-16-2013, 03:55 PM
time to post a craigslist add looking for help. THEY WOULD GET ONE HELL OF AN A$$ CHEWING FROM ME.

grandview (2006)
01-16-2013, 03:57 PM
time to post a craigslist add looking for help. THEY WOULD GET ONE HELL OF AN A$$ CHEWING FROM ME.

Why? Not like they are pro sports and signed a contract saying not hazardous fun allowed

RussellB
01-16-2013, 04:17 PM
Why? Not like they are pro sports and signed a contract saying not hazardous fun allowed I'm wondering the same thing. To the OP, I hope your daughter is ok.

vaacutabove
01-16-2013, 04:30 PM
I'm wondering the same thing. To the OP, I hope your daughter is ok.

They have both been riding for as long as I have know them. Sucks but o well will have to find at least one temp.

Some ppl on her know about my daughter she is 17 mo and has a brittle bone problem she has had 8 breaks since she was born. We were going to start treatments to build bone density. We will be going to baltimore every 8 weeks for 4 days. The first one didn't go so well (monday) they were unable to get an Iv so we will be placing a port in her chest. In a few weeks. Thanks for the good thoughts.

KrayzKajun
01-16-2013, 04:33 PM
Accidents happen. just it seems they now how much you need thier help and have put you in a bad position.

Best wishes for your daughters health.

Patriot Services
01-16-2013, 04:58 PM
Sucks for them too. I'm pretty sure they don't have short term disability, can't claim worker comp and prob don't have health insurance. The tib/fib will be the worst. The external fixator are braces attatched to screws embedded along the length of the limb. He must have really screwed it up good. The arm might be up in two months, the leg, six with rehab.
Posted via Mobile Device

elbow300
01-16-2013, 05:07 PM
Seems like when it rains, it pours for you pal. Looks like you will be on the route!

MOturkey
01-16-2013, 05:23 PM
Sorry to hear about your daughter, and hope the treatments go well. As for the guys getting hurt, you can't tell someone what to do, or not do, on their own time, but sometimes, as people get older, they will get a little more common sense. And, then again, sometimes they don't! :)

vaacutabove
01-16-2013, 05:32 PM
yea it sucks got to guys that work I can trust and now the better one is out the longest but he knows he still has a job when he can.

show-n-go
01-16-2013, 05:36 PM
best of luck with your daughter. I have a daughter around the same age and can't imagine having to deal with that.

LandFakers
01-16-2013, 05:42 PM
Sorry to hear about your daughter. Wish you and her the best of luck.

Snapper Jack
01-16-2013, 07:58 PM
yea it sucks got to guys that work I can trust and now the better one is out the longest but he knows he still has a job when he can.

Ditto! on your part cuz accidents do happen,hope you get it all worked out getting a crew together. Best Wishes for your daughters health too.

gallihergreen
01-16-2013, 08:03 PM
Sorry to hear about your daughter. Prayers sent. Hopefully you can find some new guys to fill in for them.
Posted via Mobile Device

dboyd351
01-17-2013, 08:07 PM
Good for you - still thinking about taking care of your guys with everything else you've got on your mind. Hope your daughter's treatments go well.

vaacutabove
01-17-2013, 08:29 PM
thanks guys. I think I'm good to my guys and they have busted there butts. For me I have had some crappy ones before and know what thats like hope this season does not come as early as last year or I'm in trouble.

lawnboy dan
01-18-2013, 08:14 AM
anyone who rides a motorcycle in this biz is asking for trouble

orangemower
01-18-2013, 09:26 AM
anyone who rides a motorcycle in this biz is asking for trouble

That's just BS. Just because he had two workers injured doesn't mean if you ride a motorcycle you'll be in trouble or you're asking for it. How many times do you think those guys have rode bikes on the weekend and came to work on Monday? Should they live life in a bubble just so they don't get hurt when not working? :hammerhead:

willretire@40
01-18-2013, 09:47 AM
sorry to hear about your daughter and i hope the best for her treatments. I have two young babies and i can only imagine what your going through.

imo i think as you get older and have a family you seriously need to think about giving up those kind of sports and dangerous activities. i know you can walk outside and die from or get hurt millions of ways, but i dont understand putting yourself in danger with riding motorcycles and doing tricks on dirt bikes. i really want a motorcycle but i want to be here for my kids more. again IMO
Posted via Mobile Device

orangemower
01-18-2013, 10:21 AM
sorry to hear about your daughter and i hope the best for her treatments. I have two young babies and i can only imagine what your going through.

imo i think as you get older and have a family you seriously need to think about giving up those kind of sports and dangerous activities. i know you can walk outside and die from or get hurt millions of ways, but i dont understand putting yourself in danger with riding motorcycles and doing tricks on dirt bikes. i really want a motorcycle but i want to be here for my kids more. again IMO
Posted via Mobile Device

While he's not old enough to work. I have a friend who's 10 year old son races motocross. They've put over 40K miles on a brand new truck in the last 1 1/2 years traveling to races. The boy is one of if not the fastest kid on the east coast! He jumps 40-50ft triples and table tops like they're nothing. He had a bad crash last season leaving him with a dislocated left shoulder. He's already back racing and is at the top again already!

It sounds like you are living in a bubble. I want to enjoy my life and family but not at the price of sitting around doing nothing.